Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker

Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker

Pros

Cons

Perfect rice, and it plays me a song when it's ready!

When I got married some 35 years ago, one of the first appliances my husband wanted to get was a rice cooker. I was not much of a rice eater and thought he was nuts, but when I found out how easy it was to make perfect white rice in that simple little machine, I became a convert. Many years passed and that old machine still made perfect white rice, but times, and my tastes, had changed. Looking for healthier alternatives, I found I much preferred brown rice, and my simple (and cheap) old cooker just couldn't do a good job on that.

So, here is the answer. Not only will it make perfect brown rice (or white), it is also surprisingly convenient to make a number of rice dishes. The instruction book that comes with it is not much on recipes, so let me recommend a great cookbook: The Ultimate Rice Cooker Cookbook, by Beth Hensperger and Julie Kaufmann. Make risotto without standing there to stir it constantly for an hour! Make rice desserts and layered rice dishes with meat, too. The combination of this machine and that book will broaden your horizons wonderfully.

This also comes in a ten cup size if you have a large family or like a lot of leftovers.

I dont get why people buy this.

To be honest I don't see the point in this rice cooker. I don't see why it has to be made all complicated when it is so easy to cook. Why make something so easy in to a challenge to make?

I guess I will have to give this an eight. It does the job of cooking rice and it didn't burn at all or stick to the inside.

It is alright to clean you have to pull some things out and wipe out the inside, but I cant help but think that a regular pot with a lid would be so much easier.

I suppose that it is easy to use, you basically set it and forget it. I just don't understand why I need all the extra buttons and gears to just simply cook rice. It seems silly to have all of the extra features.

I have not had this product long and I have not used it that much, so I can't really say if it is that durable or not.

I can not stand the design at all! I think that it is gaudy and looks awful in my kitchen. personally I never would have ever bought this product and I cannot wait to give it to someone else as a gift.

I dont get why people buy this.

from Ocala, Florida

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

What a wonderful work saver!

from Goose Creek, SC

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

This is such a workhorse in the kitchen. Not only does it cook rice, it sings to let you know you turned the machine on and it sings when the rice is cooked.

My rice, whether it's white rice, jasmine rice, basmati rice, brown rice, soft cooked rice for soups, wild rice, almost any kind of rice cooks up beautifully. It's beyond easy to use. Just wash the rice, if needed, put the amount of water as indicated in the rice container, close the top and press on. Even children can be responsible for this dish.

The rice washes off the pot easily. There is a rubber like disc on the top of the inside of the rice cooker that has a knob that you use to pull the disc off. Then you can clean the unit because the disc is to keep the steam from the rice from clogging the unit.

The unit comes with it's own measuring cup which corresponds with the measurement indicators found on the inside of the cooking pot. Just wash the rice, if needed, put pot in unit, close top, press on and listen to it sing to indicate that the unit is on.

I have had it for quite a few years and it appears it will work just fine for a long time. The outside of the unit is easy to keep clean with a quick swipe of your dish cloth.

My unit is a simple white so it blends in well with my kitchen. There is a handle that you lift up for easy carrying and the handle tucks down and out of the way when not needed.

Perfect rice every time!

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

Our Zojirushi rice cooker is one of the best purchases we've ever made. We bought it about 10 years ago and we use it OFTEN! It still looks and performs like brand new. We usually cook white rice or brown rice and it is perfect every time. The brown rice does take extra time to cook though. The white rice takes about an hour to cook. But, I'm willing to wait if it comes out perfect every time. It also will keep it perfectly warm and tasty for about a day...great for leftovers. You can also set a timer to say when you want your rice ready, which is very convenient if you need to prepare it sooner than you need it. It is a bit pricey, but well worth the money if you eat a lot of rice. It will serve you well for many, many years!

It's perfect!

It's not dishwasher safe...my only complaint. But, really it's easy to clean by hand. It only takes a minute to take the bowl and "lid" out and wash them as well as the rice paddle.

So easy a kid could do it!

After frequent use for 10 years, it still looks and performs like new!

I think it's perfect!

LOVE THIS

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

This rice cooker is so convenient and efficient! It has many settings -- a normal cook setting, a cook setting for mixed rice, a cook setting for porridge, and a quick cook setting. I really enjoy using the quick cook setting -- whenever I am running out of time, this setting is very convenient. Usually cooking normally will take about an hour's time, so sometimes, when I have to eat before then, quick cooking my rice will take only about 40 minutes. The rice cooker also comes with a cup to measure how many cups of rice need to be put in. It also comes with a spatula. Overall, very convenient to use; I would recommend this item to anyone.

It cooks the rice very thoroughly, and you can control how moist you want the rice to be by adding more or less water than required.

Rice can be sticky sometimes, but the way the pot is designed is so that if a scrubbing rag is used, rice will easily come off.

Settings and dials are very self explanatory. There is a button to simply start the cooking.

I have had this for 10 years before it broke down.

It is very cute

Great product!

from New York, NY

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

Love this rice cooker! Very small footprint so it doens't take up too much counter space. The color is nice and the design is cute. It's pretty light weight, so it's easy for women to move it around the kitchen if you wish. There are a few functions, making rice versus congee versus steaming. I have only tried making rice so far. It's fast (relatively speaking) and it keeps the rice steaming when it's done. There is a small pocket to hold the vapor / water dripping so it doesn't spill the liquid onto the table. The touch button is a little of a problem, beucase you will have to press relatively hard for it to activate. The inside container is non-stick and easy to clean. Beware not to use fork on it, otherwise it'll get scratched. The 5 cup capacity is enough for small family. But it's not big enough to put in a plate to steam more meat. There are more functions that most people need. It's a little pricier than the generic brand you can get in Chinatown, but the price is worth the product.

Great product! Makes perfect rice!

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

This rice cooker and the brand zojirushi makes perfect rice, although the price of the rice cooker is a bit high, it is sure to last a long time - probably about 10 years. If it's something that you use everyday, I personally think that it is worth the investment to have perfectly cooked rice daily instead of buying a cheaper, less expensive rice cooker that cooks rice, but burns the rice on the bottom every time you make rice. This rice cooker does not do that! There are various settings you can set and it also keeps your rice warm so you can cook a batch in advance. I would highly recommend this rice cooker it is easy to use!

Best rice I've ever had

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

How I love my Zojirushi rice cooker. Let me count the ways.

First, I love that it uses "Fuzzy logic," so the rice is always cooked to perfection. Granted, I don't know what "Fuzzy Logic," is, but I know it works.

Second, I love that it has a timer function so I can set the machine to be done at a specific time. This feature is perfect when you want steel cut oatmeal ready first thing in the morning.

Third, I love that my Zojirushi doesn't take up much counter space.

And fourth, I love how easy it is to use. I just select what I'm cooking from the menu, (white rice, brown rice, porridge, etc) and hit start.

What don't I love about this machine? The price. It costs about two or three times as much as other more-conventional rice cookers. But for me the investment is totally worth.

Have I mentioned how much I love this thing?

hot rice with no fuss

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

This is an awesome rice cooker. It also keeps your rice warm for the 2nd day and sometimes up to the 3rd day without the rice getting too crusty. Who knew something so mundane could be taken to the next level. It also can cook different styles of rice, like sushi rice or brown rice (takes about twice as long) to the perfect consistency. My picky husband will only eat rice if it's cooked in here.

the interior lid has to be pried out and washed on both sides, otherwise it gets quite disgusting. When my husband was a bachelor, he never did this, it's not super obvious that it comes off...

Sleek and modern. I think this model comes with a retractable cord.

Delicious

from Fairfax, VA

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

I lived in Japan for a year--rural Japan, no less--and needless to say in that time I really ot to know my rice. This little machine is lovely and a staple in every Japanese home! Makes perfect sticky short-grain rice every single time. I know that rice cookers can be used for other things besides rice (I'd like to try oatmeal sometime) but I am so fussy about the texture of my short-grain rice. I especially like the success I have with the timer--my rice is never soggy, and if you leave it sitting for a while it does develop that delicious crusty bottom (I forgot the Japanese word for it :D) but never burns. Perfect.

Perfect rice every time

Never any problems with crusted-on rice

Lots of features, but doesn't take long to learn

Solid

It...looks like a rice cooker.

A perfect rice cooker!

from West Jefferson, OH

Comments about Zojirushi NS-ZCC10 Neuro Fuzzy 5.5-Cup Rice Cooker:

I have been using this model since 2010 and it is wonderful. Since day one, every batch of rice I've made with it comes out great - the perfect texture, flavor, and so on. It's very easy to use! It's also built well, and very easy to clean...just perfect!