Other Sewing Machines:

White Sewing Mechanical Sewing Machine

Fine, basic, affordable machine

from Jacksonville, FL

Comments about White Sewing Mechanical Sewing Machine:

This machine is very basic and is pretty much you get what you pay for. I have had 2 low end machines, with this being one of them, and they have functioned about the same. The other one I had was even more bare bones in that it only had a straight stitch, not even a zig zag option. This White machine has served me fine. I am a novice sewer and only sew once in a while. Recently, however I had to sew 50 tote bags as wedding favors for my sister's wedding and I was nervous as to whether or not it would hold up to the task. It did a fine job. I did have a few problems with it skipping stitches and the bobbin losing a little bit of tension, but I only experienced mild issues. It doesn't however, wind bobbins at all. I had to purchase a separate bobbin winder. It was very annoying before I got the winder, but now that I have it, I realize that it is so much easier to have a separate apparatus to wind the bobbins anyway.

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

Save Your Money for Quality

from Kalona, IA

Comments about White Sewing Mechanical Sewing Machine:

Hmmm. I have to say, I was very disappointed with my White sewing machine. The price was right, so I got it, but in the long run I would have been better off just saving my money for the machine I really wanted. This machine was pretty basic, with very few bells and whistles. I didn't mind that, I mostly just use straight stitch or zig-zag anyways, plus a few button holes, etc. But the dials were difficult to figure out and use.

My main complaint with this machine though was that it could not handle heavy-duty sewing. Layers of fabric really made it struggle, and many a time my needle would snap off. Finally one day I was sewing a patch on a pair of jeans, and it bit the dust. The needle broke, and after replacing it yet again, the thread tore. i gave up, but ever after that, every time I would try to sew, the thread would tear and the fabric bunched up and got knotted together with the thread. Something was bent inside and it never worked right again.

I went ahaed and bought an old antique Singer in great condition. I could not believe how it sewed over layer upon layer of jeans as if they were butter! Smooth as cream. I love my new machine. No more White's for me.