Other Sewing Machines:

Janome Mechanical Sewing Machine

The Janome 400 is a Little Gem

from Minneapolis, MN

Comments about Janome Mechanical Sewing Machine:

If you are looking for a machine that will allow you to complete basic projects around your home or craft projects - than this is the machine for you.  The Janome 400 is a little gem of a sewing machine.  The machine is easy to set up even for a beginner.  The only problem I have had is that sometimes it is a little hard to wind the bobbin.  Not the largest or fanciest machine on the market, I have had a great time making little bags for the kids' swimming gear, a new shower curtain (with the perfect fabric for my bathroom) and even hemming pants is not so terrible when I know that the machine will work well each time I turn it on.  I haven't ventured into using the button hole feature, but it is nice to know that there is one when I am ready to tackle that.  I was a little afraid that the settings would be inconvenient since I am left handed, but everything is laid out so nicely that I have no trouble at all!

Good basic machine. Perfect for the beginner or crafter.

from Papillion, NE

Comments about Janome Mechanical Sewing Machine:

This machine has been great and has seen me through many a project.  Everything from some clothing to home sewing projects and crafts alike.  The only complaint I have is that the button hole feature is a little inconsistent (sews tighter stitch on one side versus the other).