Other Sewing Machines:

Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

Does what I need it to do

from Edmond, OK

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I have made many projects with my sewing maching from alteration to repairs to quilts. I have not had many issues with it and when I did it was usually a user error instead of a machine error. This machine is good for any kind of sewer from beginer to expert and has a variety of stitches to choose from. I dont think I have used all the stitch options there are!

• Versatility:

Excellent basic sewing machine.

from Portland, OR

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

The Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine XL2610 is an excellent basic sewing machine. I have this machine as well as a newer Brother sewing machine. This machine would be great for a beginner or someone who will only use their machine for ocassional, simple tasks. It has a few different settings/stitches and is very easy to use. Like all Brother machines, it is very sturdy and built to last. It works well with many different types of fabric including jerseys and lightweight fabric and even heavier fabrics like thick flannels and denim. Overall I give high remarks. You can never go wrong with a Brother.

• Versatility:

A good beginner/low use sewing machine.

from Wichita, KS

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

This Brother sewing machine was a Christmas present last year. I always wanted a sewing machine but since I have boys I figured there wouldn’t be much that I could sew for them. This sewing machine is cheap and nice to have on hand for whenever you might need it. It was very easy to set up so that I could start sewing whatever I wanted. The first thing I did was to make some curtains for my kitchen and then hemmed up curtains in my dining room. They came out nice as I am just a novice at sewing. I would recommend if you are a heavy duty sewer to maybe get a better machine that offers more versatility. This is pretty much just your basic run of the mill type sewing machine with no special bells or whistles. It also came with a nice fashion plate in case I was to make it look a little prettier with a different color or design. It comes with extra bobbins, an extra needle, and 2 different foot pads. I notice if I go to fast with a straight stitch my thread doesn’t seem to keep up and it gets stuck at the top and will snap. This can be a pain so I just make sure that I don’t get too carried away.

Great Brother xl2610

from San Jose, CA

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

i decided making some dog clothes and did a little research about sewing machines. i didn't want a super duper sophisticated sewing machine with all the bells and whistles so i decided on the brother xl2610. after a good 15 min read of the manual i was able to use the machine and start making some tailored dog clothes. it is quite simple and straight to the point. one problem i run into fairly often is the upper and lower tension being incorrect so my stitches come out poorly. other than that problem i think it is a great sewing machine for people who use it casually. i had a few pair of jeans that were too long and i was able to cut them down to the correct size so they would fit perfectly in just a few mins.

Brother XL-2610 is an easy to use machine

from Fort Wayne, IN

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

The Brother XL-2610 Mechanical Sewing Machine is very user friendly and easy to use. I am a newbie to sewing, and I have not had any trouble sewing basic stitches with this sewing machine. A friend of mine taught me how to sew, and she has a Singer. She was very impressed with the features of my Brother XL-2610 Mechanical Sewing Machine. It is easy to thread the needle, and to change the type of stitches you use when sewing. The other thing that is really great about this machine is the pedal. I originally learned to sew on my friend's Singer and I had trouble with the pedal being too sensitive (I'd barely step on it and it would go SO fast).  The pedal on my Brother XL-2610 Mechanical Sewing Machine is not too sensitive. I step on it just as I did on her Singer, and it goes at just the right speed.  I would highly recommend the Brother XL-2610 Mechanical Sewing Machine to anyone who is interested is sewing.

Brother XL-2610 Mechanical Sewing Machine Gotta Love it!

from Suffolk, VA

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I love this machine. I have computerzied, but i use this one most because it is not complicated. I Quilt, take up hems on jeans, and it is easy to sew though multiple layers of fabrics. It is a winner! Good machine for beginners jnad functions well. Easy to thread, and simple instructions for beginners.

a great starter machine

from Lexington, NC

Comments about Brother Mechanical Sewing Machine:

My daughter needed a sewing machine for a home-schooled Home Economics class. I had a bigger sewing machine; but her dad bought the XL-2610 for her. it was a good idea for her to have a machine of her own, without borrowing mine all the time. She liked it because it was a pink color. I sat down with her and her new machine yesterday, and the instructions manual is very clear on how everything works and is set-up. it is not a very big bulky sewing machine. It was easy to thread. I love knowing it has a drop-in bobbin. It is not too hravy to carry and take with you. it made very good stitches and the dials were easy to read. I believe this is going to be a good machine for her to get through her class and even beyond that. It is a good starter machine for anyone who is beginning to learn how to sew. It is very reasonably priced.