Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
GSC25C4EYB, GSC25C4EYW, GSC25C4EYY
Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Summary

Whirlpool GSC25C4EYB 24.5 cu. ft. Counter-Depth Side by Side Refrigerator with MicroEtch Spill Control Glass Shelves, Gallon Door Storage, External Ice/Water Dispenser and LED Lights: Black

Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

Sleek design

from evansville, in

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Small freezer
    • Smell in water dispenser

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I received this as a replacement for my old fridge. My landlord picked it out. It is a very nice design and offers a large amount of space but isn't over bearing in my kitchen. The fridge has several shelves and drawers for tons of items all various sized. So I can fit even 2- liters or full cases of soft drinks in my fridge. The freezer while it does offer a variety of space it is much smaller so items have to be carefully placed if I plan on closing the fridge. It has lights on the ice maker which make a nice night light at night. There is an ice maker and dispenser. The ice maker will make whole or crushed ice. Then there is a water dispenser. It gives out cool, fresh, filtered water. I have noticed though occasionally it will put out an earthy type smell when you get the water in a glass. It doesn't taste any different just has a smell.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Pretty to look at and functional

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

If you are looking for a side by side,this is similar to many side by sides which are pretty to look at but not very functional if you buy large sizes of meats.

Noise Level
    The refrigerator is fairly quiet as you only hear it when the house is totally quiet, otherwise noise level is low and not disturbing.

Interior Organization
    As with all side by sides, this is ok, but you can't fit much into a side by side. If you have a 10 lb turkey and have leftovers, you can't just put this into the refrigerator side. It has to be cooked down or taken apart to put into the refrigerator, but this is normal for all side by sides. Also the freezer is kind of useless for buying anything big, once you put a roast in it takes up the whole shelf.

Temperature Control
    Easy to control the temperature and seems to stay where you put it, however we've had problems where it froze up in the freezer and then didn't keep things cold in the refrigerator and this was only after 1 year right before warranty went

Nothing special about cleaning this. It is plastic and cleans up easily.

Pretty sturdy, but everything is plastic inside so you have to be careful not to force anything like in the door trays or putting anything too heavy on the shelves.

It's a side by side, after having one I prefer the old fashioned upper or lower freezer because you can't put anything in the freezer sides unless it is small. So this is an ok design but maybe better for people who don't buy big quantities of product to have on hand.

VERY DURIBLE

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I've had this product for over 15 years now and IT STILL WORKS!!! Ice maker has been fixed 2 times but other than the standard filter change; I haven't had any problems with it or with the brand for that matter.

Noise Level
    Gets loud when generator starts, buts hey its 15 YO.

Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSC25C4EYB is Terrific

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I purchased the Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator when my old refrigerator of 11 years died. I was pleasantly surprised at the great price and reliability of this brand. Performance is excellent. I love that the freezer area is bigger than you think and holds a lot of frozen foods.

Noise Level
    The Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSC25C4EYB runs quietly with no weird noises at all.

Interior Organization
    I like the roomy interior and versatile racks, this makes it easy to make all food products fit. At the time of purchase, I wasn't sure if the interior area of this Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSC25C4EYB would be big enough for my family's needs but find it actually holds more food products than my old refrigerator.

Temperature Control
    This refrigerator holds the temperature well but finds it freezes my eggs and carrots. I find my carrots do not freeze when I store them in one of the bins.

This Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator GSC25C4EYB is very easy to clean with being able take out the drawers, racks, and door racks. The racks inside are slightly slanted so any spills collect in one area making it easy to wipe and clean.

This refrigerator seems very durable and not easily dented. I am confident that this Whirlpool Side-By-Side Refrigerator GSC25C4EYB will last for years to come.

I love the design of this Whirlpool Side-by-Side RefrigeratorGSC25C4EYB , fits well in my kitchen without having a "bulky" look. I love the side-by-side doors and having a water and ice dispenser in one door. You can also change the water filter with ease as well.

Great fridge!

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I love this refrigerator! It is very roomy and keeps your items very cold and fresh! It has a quiet operation. I don't even hear it go on and off. It has helped us save a ton of energy! It makes ice every day which tastes very fresh. It has large storage bins for all your vegetables, fruit, cold cuts and cheese. The shelves inside are removable and adjustable for easy cleaning or to realign in case you have to store something very big. The interior and exterior are easy to clean and has a large storage door. The light inside is very bright. The freezer section is very roomy for a side by side. I can keep a big amount of frozen food inside. There are many shelves, and they are deep. Things stay nicely frozen , even ice cream. I love the temperature control feature. I never have to worry if something is not frozen enough. Overall, this is the best refrigerator I have ever had. Whirlpool still makes great products!

• Temperature Control:

Great long last refrigerator.

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I purchase this refrigerator not only because of the water and ice machine I also purchased because of the stylist appearance. The drawers and shelves inside are adjustable and easy to adjust and clean. The water and ice dispenser are extremely easy to use and very convenient. The only negative is the filter life I feel is short, I would say an estimate of every three months has to be changed. Also when we have a big party and people are using a lot of ice. Once the ice gets cleaned out when it makes new ice it freezes up in large chunks and won't fit through ice machine, has to be broken up. Besides changing filter and ice at a party I have never had to have any maintenance calls or problems.

Not noticeably noisy.

Interior Organization
    Adjustable shelves and easy to adjust.

Draws and shelves come in and out easy to be cleaned.

The exterior design is extremely sleek and attractive and eye catching.

• Temperature Control:

Okay, but not always the best layout for storage

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This is the fridge that was in the kitchen when we bought our house. While I'm thankful that we didn't have to buy an extra appliance, I don't think I'll get a similar when this one dies. Things that I do like about this fridge is that you can easily see your food in both the freezer and fridge sections. This makes it easier for me to see what's around, and (hopefully) wasting less food . . . using what we have before it goes bad. On the other hand, I don't like the side-by-side layout because it's harder for me to store large quantities of things with the narrow sides. This fridge is not too difficult to take the shelves and drawers out to clean. The glass shelves come out fairly easily to wash, but the drawer sections are a little tougher for me to get in and out. I also find it hard to regulate the temperature in the meat drawer . . . it seems to run cooler than the rest of the fridge, making it more challenging to thaw meat. Overall, I don't think it's a terrible fridge. However, I think that when it does poop out, I'll be looking for one that has the freezer on the top or bottom.

Great product

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This fridge lasted in my family of seven for nearly six years. Pleanty of use cane from it. Only repairs we had to do was on the filter system twice. Over loved my fridge

Noise Level
    Ice maker can be noisy at night when refilling. Otherwise a quiet fridge

Temperature Control
    Fridge side would get cold enough to freeze milk if turned down too far. The freezer would freeze items very quickly. Easy to use tempter dials. Up far enough to be out of reach of children.

Glass shelves made for easy soap and water cleaning. Shelves all just lifted right out for cleaning. Most you would need to do is soak them in water to release stuck in spills. The drawers on the bottom of the fridge pull out as well. The freezer side was as easy as wiping down the ice chunks or removing freezer burnt pieces.

With a family the size of mine i would have expected a few thinks to break but nothing broke. Just used a lot of ice and water os the filter had to replaced after two years. But thats a lot of clean water before needing replaced

• Temperature Control:

Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator: Why Should We buy It?

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

For me and my family we just wanted a refrigerator that would be more efficient than the last one that we had in our kitchen. I had recently learned that sometimes the faucet water contains toxins that can be harmful to children and even adults. For my family's sake I decided that it would be a good idea for the refrigerator that we purchased to have a brita filter installed into it which is what my wife eventually had done. I am proud to say that this fridge also was something that was in the budget which made the purchase even more of a no brainer. In the future I will definitely be purchasing just about any product from this company due to the customer service I received during my purchase and the vast amount of knowledge that the employees had on the topic rather than them just making up things and passing them on as being factual.

The fridge is very strong and I feel that it's made old school and will last me for years. I don't intend on purchasing a new fridge for at least 10 years due to this reason.

love it

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

had an issue the first year with the ice maker, but they replaced the whole door unit and it has been fine ever since.

would love one more shelf in the refrigerator. door

Temperature Control
    easy to adjust if needed

easily cleaned