Other Refrigerators:

KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Dependable, wonderful KitchenAid Fridge!

First, we were dead-set *against* side-by-sides:  we've never thought they were very efficient or space-conscious (and I still believe the latter; non-SBSs have much more space).  However, with the most efficient setup being bottom freezer (not sure why fridges were EVER made with freezer on the top!) as cost-prohibitive, we ended up looking at SBSs.  So many are so similar and really aren't that distinguishing in features, but surprisingly, the KitchenAid had the best appearance.  The distinguishing factor was the outside appearance:  not only do the handles curve (thus not making the fridge look "cheap"), but also, the water/ice panel is simple; too many other SBSs have obnoxious lights, buttons, and words.  We are "neat freaks" and simpletons, so anticeptic works best for us!  The outside panel has a light that can be turned off, and it's black, unobtrusive, and has one simple word above each of four buttons.  Inside, there's really not much to a fridge and freezer, but one consideration that this freezer had (that we seemed not to be able to find on other SBSs) is the accommodation of a spot for *pizza*!  The actual fridge is standard, nothing really special or unique, and the back still does "freeze" items (all fridges we've ever used or owned have done this), but not as much as other fridges.  It's great not to have to open the freezer for ice or open the fridge for water.  We highly recommend the actual stainless steel as well; the "coated"/fake stainless steel looks too much like plastic, so you won't be disappointed (as long as you're spending the money!) with the real thing.  Also, we ordered this from ABT online, who were exceptional with the delivery and handling.

Quality Inspector

Kitchen Aid is not the quaility your mom bought. Wire Freezer Draws we not designed wide enough to fit into the rails, Kitchenaids reponse to me, get washers and place them between the rail and the wall of the Freezer. Produce draws poorly designed, Plastic wheels attached to draw break off easy, front pull handle broke off. Don't be fooled by looks, most products are built in China and have the same shoddy workmanship and design. Save money and buy the least expensive appliance that meets your needs.

it is good and beautiful

from usa

it is good and beautiful

best fridge ever

from toronto, ontario

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Large Kitchens

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

filtered water, great ice maker, beautiful design, very functional.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Dependable and Convenient

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Anyone who has house hunted knows that the biggest complication that sometimes comes with a seemingly perfect house is that they are totally barren of furniture and appliances, putting the cost on you. One of the major appliances that my wife an I were willing to break the budget with for our new apartment was our refrigerator. Even though it is only the two of us e in the apartment, we need plenty of space since we prepare food in advance and buy in bulk, and this one has yet to disappoint. One of the first refrigerators we saw, this one caught my eye immediately because of its size and design. The refrigerator appealed to me both because of its look and dimensions but also because of the brand. Since I have many other KitchenAid appliances, I know that they work efficiently and last long. Sure enough, the refrigerator has been able to hold just about everything we have tried to fit in it, from whole turkeys to three layer cakes. This refrigerator is great for just about any home and is very dependable.

Great Side by Side with Lots of Room

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Great side by side. Has plenty of room. Sounds quiet. Plenty of room to store your food. Lots of options for rearranging items. Has ice maker and you can get great filtered water. As far as the ice you can choose cubes or crushed ice with the push of a button.

Noise Level
    Very quiet which is very nice. You cannot hear it running from other rooms.

Interior Organization
    Plenty of options for storing food. You can adjust shelves to better serve your needs. I have moved my shelves to accommodate special foods for parties and them moved them back to my normal shelf preference. No real big hassle. Great chance to clean when moving too.

Temperature Control
    Set temperature at factory settings and have not had any problems. I have never changed the temperature from where the set up guy put it.

I wipe down regularly and haven't had any problems. Very easy to get to areas. When I move my shelf locations I clean them at that time too.

Seems sturdy. Definitely not commercial grade but I didn't intend for it to be. For the money I believe this is a good quality refrigerator.

I like it. Sleek side by side with lots of room. Has moveable shelves, pull out drawers, ice maker and filtered water. Pretty much is what most people would like to have in their kitchens. Appearance is pleasing and a great addition to any kitchen.

• Temperature Control:

by far the greatest fridge

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Amazing fridge, enormous amount of space, and I just.overall.love it

You can barely hear it

Interior Organization
    I can easily organize food, bottles, cans, etc.

Everything stays nice and.cool

Any dirt or smudge comes right off

Inferior design to any other fridge that I've seen

Wonderful!

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I have had this refrigerator for quite a while, it has held up through me moving houses, it's very roomy on the inside and it isn't loud at all. The design is very sleek and modern, it has great durability, and you can change the temperature settings depending on how cold you need it. Very great refrigerator!

Almost perfect

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I have not had any major issues with this fridge, however, the ice machine gets annoying really fast! The ice dispenses very slow. Ice will often get suck at the top of the freezer/at the dispenser as it's being made and you have to get the stuck piece out before it continues making more. Otherwise this is a great fridge.

Ice maker seems o have issues.

Love this refrigerator!

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We got this refrigerator to replace our old one and it has performed extremely well especially the way it talked about from the salesman. It is definitely a impressive refrigerator and I would make a suggestion for people to give it a try if they are in the market for one.

Noise Level
    Noise hasn't been much of a problem because it usually makes noises when creating ice other than that it runs pretty smooth or as some people would say, "It purrs like a kitten" haha

Interior Organization
    I like the way it looks on the inside, there seems to be more than enough room for family to put things on both sides without having to adjust any products to make room so that is definitely helpful.

Temperature Control
    The temperature control is easy to manage and I usually don't have to mess with it because it always seems to be at the right temperature according to myself.

Cleaning the fridge is a breeze because there isn't many messes but when there is it doesn't take more than a couple of minutes to fix it.

So far it seems pretty durable we'll see in the next few years how it is hanging in.

I think the design is pretty appealing which played a part into why we bought this particular brand.

Amazing Refrigerator with cold water & ice maker

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Love my fridge.. best one I've had so far. I have had many different brands before, but I will stick with kitchen Aid from now on.

Noise Level
    super quiet. It makes no noise whatsoever. It is the quietest refrigerator I have ever owned.

Interior Organization
    Plenty of room & adjustable racks. I can store huge pans of soup, brine a 22 pound turkey and still have plenty of room for everything that needs to be refrigerated. It also has wide storage areas on the door for condiments and more.

Temperature Control
    Maintains constant temperature. I have never had any problem with maintaining a constant and regular temperature with my Kitchen Aid refrigerator.

It has just two baskets to clean. It has easy to remove racks and the inside is easy to wipe down and disinfect periodically.

My Kitchen Aid refrigerator is the strongest and most durable refrigerator I have ever owned. I have never had a problem with it. I only have to replace the water filter periodically.

I love the side by side design. I prefer it much more than the freezer on top type of refrigerator. It holds so much more in the freezer compartment that the freezer on top type do. I can also store lots of frozen vegetables in the door.

• Temperature Control:

Kitchenaid is a brand that always delivers.

Profile Image

from Ann Arbor MI

Comments about KitchenAid Architect Series II Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I have had this fridge for a while now, and am just starting to have problems with it. The problems aren't big (mostly just that the door doesn't always close all the way), but overall I love it. The drawers do come out a love and are kind of hard to put back in, but with a little shove they go back in. The shelves aren't as "pretty" as I would want them, and I wish they stayed cleaner for longer (stains are easily made on them), but they are removable so they're pretty easy to clean.

Noise Level
    Doesn't make any noise at all, I don't even notice it in the kitchen. The ice maker does sometimes make loud crashes, but it only lasts for a little and then it's done.

Interior Organization
    Has many removable shelves where you can decide where they go. I wish there was more flexibility with the shelves on the door, but it still works just fine.

The shelves come out so they're really easy to clean and put back in wherever you want them.

Again, I've had this fridge for many, many years, and I am just starting to have problems, so the fridge has lasted a long time.