Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
ED5FVGXWS
Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Pros

• Attractive (73)
  • Easy access (65)
  • Energy efficient (57)
  • Holds temperature well (56)
  • Customizable shelving (48)

Cons

• Bad ice maker (10)
  • Noisy (9)
  • Unreliable (9)
  • Limited shelving options (8)
  • Not energy efficient (8)

• Big families (60)
    • Noise Level:
    • Interior Organization:
    • Temperature Control:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual cook (49), Gourmet chef (15), Avid cook (14)
    • Primary use:
    • Personal (76), Business (6)
    • I received a sample (52), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (31)

A decent product from Whirlpool that has a flaw and an issue.

Most refrigerators these days are decent, capable products in as much as they are basically energy efficient and keep your food from spoiling and still, all have underlying issues. The main one, of course, is the process begun in the 1950's that dealt with planned and perceived obsolescence. In short, it was decided to build all products with a shelf life attached and so products were made with the anticipation of them becoming useless in a short time. With this being the model across the board, everything made is supposed to break meaning the consumer will need to purchase a replacement which in turn will stimulate the economy. So when something breaks there is no need to call it a piece of junk because that is what is supposed to occur. Whirlpool is simply following a business model as they all do and this particular produce is prices fairly but also comes with at least one design flaw and one added expense for the consumer.

Noise Level
This refrigerator is exceptionally quiet and has remained quiet for over a year. In fact, about the only noise you'll hear from it may be the ice dropping into the holding receptacle or the water filling the ice reservoir. Beyond that, very quiet in deed.

Interior Organization
This refrigerator has ample space for the average house hold and the glass shelves are nice for two reasons. First they allow you to see beyond what is visible and secondly because they slide in and out as needed plus they are strong enough to support considerable weight as well as being adjustable The storage on the doors is also a benefit because they are large enough to accommodate gallon sized containers such as milk or bottled water. Quite frankly, on the doors alone are kept milk, juice, all condiments such as salad dressing, ketchup, mustard ... etc as well as tall containers or mixers, beer ... etc and everything fits without a problem. The freezer section could have been thought out a little better. It always seems as though I am forever rearranging or running out of room for the things I purchase. In other words, there isn't enough space or shelves and a single basket at the bottom can't possibly hold every small item that needs a home. The wire shelves also present a bit of a problem due to fall through.

Temperature Control
Based on the fact that our refrigerator remains at the exact settings that the installers set it at and for over a year indicated a well insulated unit to me and because we haven't experienced any spoilage proves that the regulated temperature has not failed. This plus the fact that we have never had a need to defrost due to an over freeze means that all systems a normal and works as expected.

The slide out glass shelves helps a lot because I can simply transfer items to another shelf while cleaning one and continue the process until I've cleaned them all but the crisper and freshness drawers as well as the very bottom of this refrigerator can be a bit of a problem. I usually remove the drawers, which are cumbersome and too large to fit into a standard sink in order to wash the spillages. They are naturally catchalls for anything that falls and all liquid spills will puddle beneath the very bottom drawer. This is tough to get at and is not a pleasant job.

So far so good with one exception. The chute where the ice is dispensed through the door is accompanied by a plastic funnel-like contraption that seems to be designed to direct the ice into the desired container and without it, there is a problem. Actually, the dispenser never held any accuracy for filling a glass with ice but instead, sent quite a bit to the floor. When the funnel became detached for unknown reasons, the situation grew much worse. In the current state, about 1/4 of the ice released ends up on the floor causing a big mess.

needs a little work.

We wont own another Whirpool!

We purchased this side by side w/water and ice in the door when we moved into our new home--we wanted our refrigerator to match our other appliances. Unfortunately, it has been nothing but trouble. We have had repairmen come out 3 times in a year (the frige is less than 2yrs old) to "fix" the problem we are having with it freezing up and leaking water all over the floor. Apparently something in interior freezes up causing the water to build up in the bottom of the freezer. For this to have been fixed and happen over and over again, it appears to me we either have a lemon or there is a flaw in the way it was built and freezes up. The repairmen have told us this is a common problem with Whirpool. If this is the case, I have to wonder why Whirpool doesnt fix this problem? I dont think we will be purchasing any more Whirpool refrigerators.

Interior Organization
The freezer section seems a bit small. Its hard to store a lot of things in this freezer

I absolutely HATE the outside of the refrigerator. I have literallly spent a small fortune on cleaners that say they wont streak on steel doors. They all streak and it makes the outside look just awful. I have found that plain old WD40 works the best in cleaning the doors and itis the ONLY thing that does not streak!

Freezer is too small, the pull out drawers in the frige side stick and are hard to open and close. They have been difficult to open and close since it was brand new

verry goood

from usa

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet
  • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy
  • Not Cold Enough
  • Poor Layout

is verry good

• Business

Great product

from Maryland

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Easy Access
  • Holds Temperature Well

Cons

• Noisy

Overall great product!

from Tons

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Customizable Shelving
  • Easy Access
  • Energy Efficient
  • Holds Temperature Well
  • Quiet

God

I just love this product

from Michigan

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
      • Customizable Shelving
      • Energy Efficient
      • Holds Temperature Well

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I just recently upgraded and this,fridge is,just amazing I love it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It's a product worth trusting

from Libya

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
        • Customizable Shelving
        • Easy Access
        • Energy Efficient
        • Holds Temperature Well
        • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

It is a wonderful product, beautiful and elegant design with good space and excellent efficiency. Its options are more and more quiet. I would recommend buying the product and distributing the excellent shelves.It's a product worth trusting

Refrigerator

from Hamza waddah morroco

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Attractive Design
          • Customizable Shelving
          • Easy Access
          • Energy Efficient
          • Space For Tall Items

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I will not talk too much about this fridge because it is self-explanatory. It is a fantastic refrigerator with a large space that can put anything inside it and keep the food as good as possible.

• Business

This very gooooooooood

from Berkane moroco

About Me Gourmet Chef

Pros

• Easy Access

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker

His style are very good

Refrigerator

from Uae

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
            • Customizable Shelving
            • Easy Access
            • Energy Efficient
            • Holds Temperature Well
            • Quiet

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

It is beautiful and great

• Personal

Check the whirlpool side by side refrigerator

from jijel, algeria

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Easy Access
              • Quiet

Cons

• Bad Ice Maker
              • Limited Shelving Options
              • Not Cold Enough
              • Unreliable

• Small Kitchens

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This refrigerator is very well used

Beautiful fridge

from Olathe Kansas

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Attractive Design
              • Customizable Shelving
              • Holds Temperature Well
              • Space For Tall Items

Cons

• Noisy

Comments about Whirlpool Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We purchased this Whirlpool fridge to replace our outdated leaky fridge. I asked the salesman which was the best of 2 choices I had narrowed it down to and he suggest whirlpool. It is large but not too big. The shelves can be easily arranged to fit many different foods. The fridge has nice lighting inside and for the ice maker. It make ice very quickly, though it is a bit loud overall. I also got the matching stove and they compliment my dark cabinets well. We are a family of 7 and this fridge offers a lot of storage, so much so our 2nd fridge rarely gets used since buying this new fridge. I am happy it is made in America, not many things are these days so it is nice to support our local economy with such a large purchase. We will definitely consider buying whirlpool appliances again. It appears to be a quality well made appliance.