Other Refrigerators:
Whirlpool
Models:
ED5DHEXWQ, ED5DHEXWL, ED5DHEXWB
Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Summary

2008 ENERGY STAR Qualified Smooth Doors Metal Door Handle Dispenser Lockout: A refrigerator safety feature that prevents accidental or unwanted use. The lockout control turns on or off at the touch of a button Factory Installed Automatic Ice Maker Up-Front Temperature Controls: Temperature controls are within easy reach, so adjusting your cooling is a cinch! Dial Temperature Controls Adaptive Defrost System (ADS): Monitors the compressor run-time and the on time of the evaporator heater. Depending upon usage, ADS models can have fewer defrosts, resulting in improved food preservation and energy savings Adjustable SpillGuard Glass Shelves: Never worry about your filter's effectiveness again! The indicator lights tell you when to order a replacement filter and when to install the fresh filter, guaranteeing your water always tastes great Freezer Bin Clear Humidity-Controlled Crisper: Helps you preserve the freshness o

Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator

Pros

Cons

• Temperature Control:

Great Refrigerator with plenty of space.

I love my refrigerator. The side by side is new to me. I like it better than the freezer on the top. It seems to be more handy in being able to reach things, as I am only 4 feet 11 inches. It also seems as if the freezer holds much more than the typical freezer on the top kind of refrigerator. The drawers work well in that they do not come off of the tracks they open and close very smoothly. Overall, this refrigerator is the best I have had.

Noise Level
I barely hear the refrigerator when it runs. It is so quiet that most of the time I never hear it. The only noise that gets my attention sometimes is when the ice maker drops the ice into the pan. This refrigerator is by far the quietest refrigerator I have ever had.

Interior Organization
I think the way the interior is set up is great on the refrigerator side as well as on the freezer side. I like having three different drawers to put things in in the refrigerator part. Also, the freezer side has plenty of room and also door space. It is designed very well with maximum room to place things.

Temperature Control
Temperature control is great. We set it when we first got it and I have not had to move or change the settings at all. This refrigerator seems to work well in that the settings are adjustable. However, I have it set just how I like it and have had no need to re-set it.

This refrigerator cleans very well. It is easily cleaned with dish soap or with just plain water. The drawers and shelves remove easily to be able to clean thoroughly. The freezer is no maintenance. It is self defrost so you don't have to mess with this dreaded chore.

The durability of this refrigerator is strong. The glass is tough as we have had children at our house and they aren't exactly easy in putting things back such as slamming the gallon of milk back on the glass shelf. The drawers are made of thick durable material. Overall it is a very durable product.

I love the design of this refrigerator. I love the way the drawers fit and the shelves. I have them set just the way I need and want it to be for my family. The design of the freezer is also great. It is designed to use the maximum amount of space available.

Fairly average.

We have this Whirlpool Side-by-Side at a local homeless shelter I volunteer at. It was donated to us a number of years ago. It is just your average refrigerator.

This...Read complete review

This refrigerator has your normal features, ice maker, temperature controls, movable shelves, and a crisper. The problem with this fridge is the lack of space. The shelves are very narrow which make it difficult to store some items. The shelves are also very deep which can make it difficult to reach things, especially for shorter individuals. For some individuals those may be minor issues, but for us it is kind of a problem since so many people are using the fridge.

This is just an average fridge.

Noise Level
This is a very quiet refrigerator.

Interior Organization
My main problem with this refrigerator is the lack of room and organization. There is very limited space inside the fridge. Because of the limited space sometimes you can not put larger items inside. If you do put a large item in there then it takes up an entire shelf so nothing else can fit.

Temperature Control
There are easy temperature controls on the outside of the fridge.

You can remove the shelves, which makes for easy cleaning.

We have had this refrigerator for a number of years after it was donated to us. It still works fine.

Average and simple design.

Fairly average.

from Kansas

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This is just an average fridge.

Noise Level
This is a very quiet refrigerator.

Temperature Control
There are easy temperature controls on the outside of the fridge.

You can remove the shelves, which makes for easy cleaning.

Average and simple design.

Great fridge!

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This fridge is great. It is quiet, energy efficient and I can fit all types of random sized foods and containers in it no problem. The most important factor in a fridge, in my opinion, is that you can see everything. This fridge does not disappoint. You can see everything in here, so you don't lose any food because you do not know it's there!

Noise Level
I can't hear this fridge at all. I don't even know when it's running. This is a great fridge for someone concerned about noise level.

Interior Organization
This is the best feature about this fridge. You can get all your food in there and SEE everything. You do not need to worry about losing your leftovers because they get pushed all the way to the back. I love this. The compartments on the door are spacious and easy to clean and see your food items.

Temperature Control
I have not had any issues with temperature control. This fridge holds its temperature well. My husband had the controls for the vegetable drawers dialed in, so our veggies stay fresh longer.

All of the shelves are very easy to clean. The drawers are a bit cumbersome to clean. But all fridges drawers are a pain to clean. The only thing that would make it easy is if they cleaned themselves!!

Our fridge is super durable, when you have a three year old slamming her bike into the door of the fridge daily and not a single dent. You know this fridge can take a beating.

The design of this fridge inside is FABULOUS. The aesthetic design from the front when the door is closed, is just OK. It is not the best looking fridge.

Great extra fridge.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

We have a shop on our property that is quite a distance from our house and the men like to work out there a lot. I got sick of them calling me from their cell phone asking me to bring them something to drink or something to eat, so I decided to invest in a refrigerator to put out there so that they had something that they could grab really fast and not have to call to interrupt me anymore. This has been a great refrigerator, it holds a lot of stuff and I love the inside layout of it. I can move the shelves around to make sure that even tall things fit and that there is a lot of room for whatever we need. It makes ice really fast and the water that comes out of it is so cold already that you don't need water, it also tastes really well, I think that the filter in this fridge does a great job. We use the freezer to store extra meat and it has a lot of room and I like that it is nice and deep and goes far back, it makes for a lot of room to put a lot in it. It is nice and quiet and makes for a great second fridge.

• Temperature Control:

Great Refrigerator with plenty of space.

• Temperature Control:

This refrigerator is the most space saving one I've ever had.

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The ice maker is my favorite part of this refrigerator. I like the freezer on the side. The refrigerator is roomy enough for pizza boxes and lots of other things.

Noise Level
The ice maker can be a bit loud.

Temperature Control
It can get too cold and freeze vegetables if you are not careful.

Fridge review

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

The fridge does a great job. There is plenty of space and is really easy to clean.

Noise Level
The only time I hear the fridge is when the ice maker works.

Interior Organization
There is a lot of storage and the shelves allow for easy loading and unloading.

Temperature Control
The fridge works as it is supposed to.

Shelves come out fairly easy for a good cleaning.

The fridge is 10 years old and still going strong.

I can't really think of anything that I would change about the design.

A great fridge!

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Love this fridge! We have had it for 4 years and it has been great. Always the right temperature. It has great space inside and I love the design of the storage bins inside the door. Very easy to remove all the shelves and drawers for cleaning.

Noise Level
Very quiet all the time. Except for when it is dumping ice into the bin, but even then the noise is minimal. Love that it is so quiet!

Interior Organization
The shelf spacing is great. I really like the bins inside the fridge door, so neat that they can be moved and adjusted to fit just what you need in them. Easy to take out and put back. The fruit and vegetables drawers are a great size and can hold a good amount of produce!

Temperature Control
Keeps a great steady temp, have never had a problem with it!

Everything is so simple to wipe out or remove and wash and put back.

Have never had any trouble with the quality of this fridge. All the shelves seem very sturdy and well made.

I can't think of anything I don't like about this fridge! It was the perfect fit for out kitchen!

• Temperature Control:

one unit perfect for whole household

from Snohomish, WA

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

Both sides are just the right size for a family of 3-4 people.The freezer holds the right amount of ice so it never runs out, and the running water stays really cold for 2 full size glasses of water.

Noise Level
I have never heard a peep from the motor, the only thing you will hear is the ice dropping into the container in the freezer and then the water refilling the ice trays.

Interior Organization
All shelves are movable so you can space them where you want them.

Temperature Control
set the controls once and never have to worry about them again.

All shelves are removable so you have as much room to clean every where.

You can lightly bang the shelves around without worrying about them breaking.

The unit design will go with just about any other appliance you already have.

• Temperature Control:

Great price for great quality

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

This wasn't my first choice of refrigerator, but I am glad that we ended up getting this one. The interior is roomy, along with having 2 drawers on the bottom, one is a crisper and you can adjust it depending on if you have fruits or vegetables in it. The temperature control is awesome, and the freezer keeps things cold without horrible freezer burn. The only issues I have ever had is sometimes the ice maker takes a little to long to shoot out ice, and sometimes the cubes come out mixed with crushed ice and vice versa, it's not major problem though. Also, cleaning it isn't super easy, not to say it's difficult ( I mean who likes cleaning a refrigerator anyways) it's just sometimes if something spills out or leaks from it's container it gets under the area where the shelf sits on, so you have to remove the shelf to clean it, but other than that I love this refrigerator and recommend this model.

Whirlpool side by side

from Menasha, WI

Comments about Whirlpool 25 cu. ft. Side-by-Side Refrigerator:

I have a Whirlpool 25 cu ft side by side refrigerator. I have not enjoyed this product very much. For one, I do not think I would buy another side by side refrigerator. The freezer side of the refrigerator is so limited with regard to the type and size of items that you can place inside of this appliance. Now, that might be a similar problem for all side by side refrigerators, but, as this is the first one I have used, I cannot speak to that thought.

Noise Level
I have not run into any particular problems with noise with this appliance.

Interior Organization
The freezer is of the refrigerator is very limited as to the size and type of product one can put into it. I don not even think a turkey would fit into it.

Temperature Control
The temperature control has performed well.

The refrigerator is relatively easy to clean in both the refrigerator side and the freezer side of this appliance.

So far, the refrigerator has been durable. However, it has begun to leak on the floor of the freezer side in the past couple of weeks.

I find that the side by side design is too confining and doesn't meet the needs of a family.