3.6
Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal

Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal

3.6

Inexpensive But Effective

I try to stick with darker colors when I am buying eyeliner pencils; I get better results from black, charcoal and heavy grays than I do with softer colors. I got the Wet n Wild eyeliner in black and then tried charcoal; both colors are great and they are extremely inexpensive. I don't wear makeup every day so I don't go through it as much as my friends do; if I have to toss this out after six or eight months it isn't a huge loss.

These are easy to sharpen and I have only had one instance where the eyeliner stick would continually crack; I wrote them a letter about it and they sent me a small prepaid mailer and asked me to send it back to them. They sent me a couple of coupons for replacements as well as a box of sample sized items along with an explanation about why the eyeliner kept cracking. They said that it was out of date and should have been sent back to them. I knew liquid eyeliners can expire (get clumpy, be dry) but never considered the same sort of thing could happen to dry eyeliner pencils.

The color of this is dark but it isn't so dark that it takes away from eye shadow; you can blend it if you have a blending tool to smudge the eyeliner but there isn't one at the end of the eyeliner. That's part of the reason why these are so inexpensive. I have used this on the inside of my eyelid without any irritation as well as on the upper and lower outside part of my eyelid. The charcoal color is a nice complimentary color if you are wearing a dark business suit or wearing dark clothing for dinner or clubbing.

average

I don't have this in charcoal but I have it in bronze, blue, and green.

I don't have this in charcoal but I have it in bronze, blue, and green.

they barely show up if you glide it on your lid, you actually have to press on it to get a good color pay off which can cause wrinkles and irritation.  On top of it all, it isn't even pigmented and will smudge around and make you look tired.

Although this eyeliner is dirt cheap, I think it's best to be used for eyebrows.

the only one I like is the white because its subtle enough for the waterline to make you look more awake and not crazy white like my other eyeliners.

This is not animal tested and its a pretty long stick.  I suggest you buy one just to play around with, its nothing like a cult favorite but will do if you're just starting out.

The bronze is great for eyebrows for blondes

The dark brown is great for people with dark hair

They do need to be sharped at lot and it's just a pain in the butt.  If youre looking for quality, buy something from mac or sephora

Inexpensive But Effective

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

Not very happy with this eyeliner

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

I was low on money one week and needed eyeliner so I bought the Wet n Wild Eyeliner pencil to hold me over until I could get my normal brand. First of all, when I first applied it, my eye became irritated. My eyes get irritated easily so I applied it anyway, and the irritation subsided. The pencil broke off while applying, but perhaps I pressed too hard. I am not used the pencil type eyeliners. Once applied, the irritation started again, which caused my eyes to water, leaving me looking like a raccoon. It is definitely not waterproof. My daughter claimed what was left of the product, because I didn't want to attempt using it a second time. She was a bit happier with it than I was, but the pencil wore down quickly and she still had the problem of smudging, just as I had. If you don't have easily irritated eyes, this eyeliner would be fine in a pinch, but personally, I went back to the Revlon colorstay eyeliner.

Not long lasting

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

These eyeliners are super cheap and come in a selection of colors. Unfortunately they don't last at all, especially on the waterline, and their pigmentation is so absent that you really need to layer it on. Not very effective at all, I would skip it and just get a nicer eyeliner. I guess the only purpose this would serve is for young girls to play with.

Waste of Money

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

Everyone likes a bargain, especially if it's for something they use on a regular basis. However, they also like things that last. The eye liner pencils are pointless. The first time you use it, it works. However, every time after that, it's just a pain. If you sharpen it, you end up breaking off the tip, which would require you to sharpen it again. Each time you sharpen it, it get shorter. In addition to that, the cap needs to be more shallow. Every time you put the cap on, it ends up rubbing against the tip, again, causing you to have to sharpen it again. Plus, if it is actually at a point, it may be easier to get on, but the sharp point of the pencil is borderline painful, especially for the bottom lid. If you are lucky, the eye liner pencil will last you a full week, under the conditions that the cap does not interfere, or if you don't have to sharpen it more than once or twice. You are much better off getting other types of eyeliners.

Wonderful eyeliner!

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

I have long been a fan of Wet n Wild eyeliner. It has good coverage and holds for a long time, with no issues. Charcoal is by far one of my go to colors from Wet n Wild for eyeliner. Its a wonderfully blending shade and matches every single shade of grey I use

Basic eye liner

from Mayville, WI

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

This is just a basic eye liner. It seems to stay on nicely but applying it is tricky as it doesnt draw a straight line, it tends to clump a bit when applying, so I have to use a brush to even it out. The color is nice and I like how long the pencil is (longer than average) so I am not buying eyeliner a lot. It is easy to sharpen as well.

its worth it

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

i am a huge fan of eyeliner but i don't like spending much money on it, so when i saw that wet n wild had eyeliner i had to try it since their products work well. It dosen't smear as easily as i thought it would since it was very cheap, it stays on for a while. i use it on my inner upper waterline and it stays on for a few hours, obviously its not water proof so it comes off really easily and smears easily. i have tried it on my lower waterline and it dosent last long after a while it smeared and all over my eye. this is a good product for people who are like me and don't like spending much money on eyeliner, and if you apply eyeliner on your upper waterline/

I Hate Pencil Eye Liners!!

from North Attleboro, MA

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

Thess pencil eye liners hurt my eye lids when I put it on. The tips are kinda sharp & I have to go over the same spots a few times to make it semi dark. This liner also smudges easily, wears off kinda quick and it seams to creep down under your eyes. I hate this type of eye liner, it works so crappy!!

wet and wild eyeliner pencil charcoal is nice

from Colton, CA

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

I have a hard time wearing eyeliner of any kind, pencil or liquid as my eyelids get really irritated through out the day and oily. It is hard for the eyeliner to stay, and it is not before half of the day that the eyeliner has completely dissapeared. It is a bummer, I am still on the hunt for the perfect eyeliner that is truly long lasting. This wet and wild eyeliner pencil in charcoal, held up pretty good, but not good enough, i need something that is truly waterproof I suppose and long lasting. I did love the color in charcoal, which is a nice change to the regular dark black, this can be build up to look dark but it is still not too dark, but it is such a nice color in greyish charcoal, I do not know if i would try other colors, maybe if they had a new stronger formula.

You get what you pay for

from Bellbrook, OH

Comments about Wet n Wild Eyeliner Pencil Charcoal:

I do not typically wear eyeliner everyday, but I decided that I would wear some for Halloween last year. Not wanted to spend a fortune on it, (I guess I never realized how expensive eyeliners were!) I ended up settling wih the Wet n Wild eyeliner because of its price. I was not too impressed with it. It was definitely not as smooth as other eyeliners I have used (typically my friends, etc.). Further, it started to run half way through the night. I put a powder over top of it, cause this is what I read helps seal it in, but it still bled. So I do not know if I am just really bad at putting on eyeliner or if it is just a really cheap eyeliner, but I really did not care for it at all.

Next time I will definitely just go ahead and poney up the dough for a nice eyeliner in hopes that it will not smear down my face like this one did.