Other Eyeliners:
Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades

Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades

Pros

Cons

Glimmersticks - a good basic eyeliner

After years of using Avon, I'm a big fan of their products.  They can be a bit hit or miss for me, but after years of trial and error, I've found the products that work well for me and I buy them often. One of those products is **Glimmersticks Eyeliner**. I've been using it for years and like the convenience and ease of application. **Glimmersticks** are available in the following colors: *Blackest Black, Cosmic Brown, Emerald, Majestic Plum, Saturn Grey, and Starry Blue Night.* They come in a long skinny plastic tube that is retractable and you never need to sharpen them.  You just pull off the cap, twist it up and apply.  **Glimmersticks** can also break off if too much eyeliner is exposed; however this is easily prevented by exposing only a small portion. I also agree that **Glimmersticks** are creamy. I find that they are more creamy than pencil eyeliners which makes them easier to apply and less likely to hurt my eyelid or tug and stretch the delicate skin around my eyes. **Glimmersticks** remove easily with soap and water or makeup remover, although I usually just run a cotton pad over my lids and it comes right off.

**Glimmersticks** are creamy and easy to apply. I like that they are retractable as I have issues with pencil eyeliners that require a sharpener. The only thing I don't like is that they melt off a little in the summer months and could be a little more long-wearing. I've been using them for many years and will continue to do so.   I usually buy black, brown, and plum but I have tried all the shades.  Grey is nice but the blue and green are a bit much for me.  A little too 1982 for my liking.

It may glimmer, but this isn't pure gold.

Unfortunately, this** AVON GLIMMERSTICK** belongs in the bought-in-haste category. I repent at leisure reluctantly. The **Emerald** shade is gorgeous, the retractable, self-sharpening pen creates a perfect point, and the application is creamy and easy.

BUT...... On my eyelids at least, the slippage of **GLIMMERSTICK** coverage increases exponentially as my day goes on. **AVON** advertises that it "wears up to 12 hours", and indeed it does. Within hours, some of my beautiful **Emerald** shade is now functioning as an *under*liner. Eventually, it slips further. The effect might be very dramatic if I were a model. But a dramatic green "owl eye" is entirely inappropriate for my daywear *and* my age.

Our Southern California weather has been very muggy this summer. Perhaps in a dryer or colder circumstance this **GLIMMERSTICK** would behave better. A different eye cream might make a difference, but these aging eye crinkles really respond to *Wei East Wrinkle Relief Eye Cream *[www.viewpoints.com/Wei-East-Wrinkle-Relief-Eye-Cream-Lotus-Seed-Collagen-review-470b8][1] .

Verdict? I'll try it again under other conditions and/or ease up on the pressure with which I apply my **GLIMMERSTICK**. In the meantime, I pack it away until fall.

# # # # #

Take a look at these ingredients. Guess the cosmetics chemists are still well employed!**

***INGREDIENTS: ***

CYCLOPENTASILOXANE POLYETHYLENE SYNTHETIC WAX POLYBUTENE BEESWAX/CIRE D'ABEILLE DI-PPG-3 MYRISTYL ETHER ADIPATE BORON NITRIDE SUCROSE TETRASTEARATE TRIACETATE STEARYL DIMETHICONE PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRABEHENATE ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE SYNTHETIC BEESWAX TOCOPHEROL STEARALKONIUM BENTONITE PROPYLENE CARBONATE ASCORBYL PALMITATE DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES TITANIUM DIOXIDE MICA ULTRAMARINES FERRIC FERROCYANIDE MANGANESE VIOLET CARMINE CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS YELLOW 5 ALUMINUM POWDER BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE BLUE 1 CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN RED 40 ZINC OXIDE

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Wei-East-Wrinkle-Relief-Eye-Cream-Lotus-Seed-Collagen-review-470b8

Glimmersticks line my eyes perfectly

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

Avon Glimmersticks are a really great basic eyeliner. I love to have several colors on hand at all times. I love that I can use this eyeliner to get a really polished look. I can make a fine line or rub/smudge it in to get a smokey eye look. This eye liner is very affordable. Since I have to order than wait for this eyeliner to arrive, I like to order several at a time to always have one on hand. They come in a wide variety to colors so you can have fun and change up your look. I like to use different colored eye liners to mix and match with the eye shadow I am wearing. Some eyeliners in the past have bothered my eyes but not Avon's Glimmersticks eye liner. I also love that this eyeliner doe not wear off, smudge or run. I have had problems with this happening in the past but Avon's eye liner delivers. I have used more expensive eye liners in the past and do not see a real difference between them and this eye liner by Avon.

Avon Glimmersticks Transform You From Dull to Dazzling!

from Marietta, GA

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

I have been a customer of Avon for many years, and only in recent years have I indulged in the Glimmerstick eyeliner...and wonder why I didn't do it sooner! I use them to line my lower eyelid, and if you know how to pair your colors, you can really make things pop! My favorite shades are Sugar Plum and Brown Sugar. These pencils are affordable, glide smoothly, very easy to use. The only downsides I have are that if you lose the cap, you can forget it, they will break off and you won't be able to get color. Also, that you have to press lightly, or once again, breakage! But these are small worries compared to the vivid color and compliments you'll get. Grab a few and have fun!

Any color of Avon's Glimmersticks eye liner will do!

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

If you do not like actual pencils near your eyes, or brushes with what looks like paint near your eyes, then Avon's GLIMMERSTICKS is perfect for you. When ever they are on sale, I stock pile on as many colors as I think I would like! I never have to sharpen them. I never have to have anything SHARP near my eyes. It's incredibly safe for my daughter to try out new colors and learn about make-up without worrying that she is going to poke out her eye or scratch her cornea. Not only are there your basic colors, but there are shades that can have an incredible effect on your eye color, such as Classic Fit (a light blue) and glittered sticks.

There are only a couple of issues that I would like to point out that may help a user or prospective user when they may notice certain things. (1) There may be times when the tip breaks off, or a decent portion breaks off. Just make sure that it isn't kept somewhere warm where the crayon will melt or make sure that the crayon part isn't protruding too far past the packaging stick. (2) There may be times when the crayon breaks off while using it around your eye. Again, keep it cool and don't let it stick out too far while in use. (3) You may find that after applying your GLIMMERSTICK that it seems to not be where you thought you had applied it (for instance, it doesn't look like it is directly under your eye on on the rim of your upper eye lid). Make sure you give a decent, but light, pulling of the skin around the eye and keep a thin edge of your crayon in place slowly so it doesn't look like it was applied by a some flat or uneven crayon that catches your skin in the wrong places.

It may seem silly, but I'm not the only one of my friends and family that have noticed these issues. All in all, it really is a fabulous product!

Best eye liner out there!

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

These are the best eye liners I have ever used! They go on smoothly and they last a long time. They come off easily with a little water and soap, but they stay on all day. They do smudge a little, but it can easily be fixed by wiping it with your finger. I love how they're retractable, so you don't have to sharpen it.

The only eye liner i use!

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

I absolutely LOVE this eye liner! I have been using It for about 5 years now. It is the only brand I will use. Love the way it works and how dark it glides on. It lasts a very long time on eyes. I love all the different shades and kinds they make. Regular, diamonds, kohl , etc. I take advantage of buying at least four at a time when they are on sale. I am also very satisfied with how long one stick lasts. In my opinion this is the best eye liner ever! I get very many complements on my eyeliner! Everyone is always asking what kind I wear. Some people are very surprised when I say it is from avon. I have recommended it and also bought it as gifts for friends and family. I will always use/buy only this brand of eye liner. Yet another product to keep me in love with the avon brand. I love the way avon keeps evolving with the times and reinventing itself and it's products. I know avon is a brand/company that will never go out of style.

Avon Glimmersticks Eye Liner

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

I sell Avon and I have had a lot of orders for this item. When I saw so much being sold, I ordered it for myself and I loved it! The deals are great and the quality is magnificent! It helps give a glow to our eyes with the sparkles in the eyeliner. I definitely do not regret purchasing this item.

Where's the glimmer?

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

I originally ordered this when I was in my crazy heavy sparkle makeup stage. The name is Glimmersticks eyeliner. You would think that it would have lots of glitter and glimmer, but hope for at least a little bit of sparkle and I received neither. I picked "Blackest Night" shade and it is not really as dark as I was hoping for, on top of the no glitter in it situation. I don't know if there is a darker shade available but I thought the one I ordered would be very black. It is more of a dark gray/light black. But that's okay because I almost always seal it in with whatever color of eye shadow I am using that day. It also says waterproof eyeliner on the tube. I am not so sure about that. It doesn't run when you get greasy, even when not sealed with eye shadow. Maybe that is what it's referring to when it says waterproof? But if I went canoeing or swimming and got wet, it would be everywhere. It is not a bad liner, in fact after this tube is empty I plan on ordering more because it is such a great low price. But I think I will look for a different color.

I love this eyeliner!

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

I love glimmer sticks eyeliner by Avon. It stays on all day and has a variety of colors. I buy this in black. I put it on in the morning and it lasts throughout the day. Very easy to twist and use. Also, very cheap and affordable. I would recommend this for any woman that loves a long day wear of eyeliner.

PERFECT!

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

This eye liner is so convenient and easy to use. I really don't wear makeup too often, and I have never liked putting on eye liner. This eyeliner is so easy. You just twist, and apply. There are a couple different shades so the buyer has options, and it's just beautiful.

The best eyeliner

Comments about Avon GLIMMERSTICKS Eye Liner - All Shades:

This is by far the best eyeliner I have ever tried. This eyeliner comes in a wide variety of colours with a portion of them sparkley. My favourite is the charcoal but I have tried midnight blue as well and enjoyed that as well. The eyeliner itself is a good size and the tip is soft but comes to a gentle point for comfort when applying. It is soft enough that you don't have to press hard on your eyelid, but not so soft that it smudges. It is really so easy to apply a straight dark line. It is also easy to smudge with your finger to make it less harsh looking. However if you want a sharp line, it can easily provide that as well. I have always found the price to be reasonable for the eyeliner, however Avon often sell several together at a discounted price which makes it that much more worth it. It lasts a long time but I use it often so I usually buy a few at a time to stock up. There is no smell and it is easy to remove with any eye makeup remover!