3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Available Rates:

They gave me a card, when nobody else would!

When I first tried to get a credit card a few years back from several companies I was turned down flat. Although I didn't have bad credit, I didn't have any recent credit history. My sister in law told me to try Wells Fargo so I gave them a try. So I did and after filling out all the paper work I got a call asking me to come into their local office to facilitate the paper work. Their office is about 10 minutes away so I went over to see them.    **Customer Service    **I was greeted by the credit manager when I arrived and we went to a private office to discuss my application. He explained all the paper work to me and made sure I understood everything and answered all my questions in language that was easy to understand. You see although I didn't have bad credit, I hadn't had enough recent history on my credit reports. I had just bought my house (first time buyer) and up until then I paid cash for anything I bought.    They were going to issue me a card but the interest rate was rather high and I was told the annual fee would be waved as long as I made 1 transaction every 12 months. I didn't like the APR but I needed to start some where as having a home now I would need the card. So I signed on the bottom line and I was set.    I didn't use it a lot but I made sure to pay every bill on time and 6 months later I called them and asked about reducing the rate. After pulling my records up they dropped it for me and even doubled my credit limit. All that took about 3 minutes and the CSR was very nice and thanked me for calling.    Since that first call they have since doubled my limit again and dropped my APR even lower. Every time I have called them I have gotten excellent response to all my questions and treated very well.**    Bottom Line    **They didn't have to even talk to me with my credit history but they did and treated me as if I was their only customer every time I contacted them. They gave me a chance when nobody else would consider it and thats a big plus in my book. After I was disabled I had no work history that was recent and no credit that was recent. They worked around that and provided me a means of getting back on my feet. In less than two years I now have what many take for granted. I am able to charge things I need just because Wells Fargo was willing to give me a chance when I was turned down by many others.    I also have an APR that is just barely above the prime rate and from what I have seen pretty good in todays market with only 2 years of recent credit history. Their customer service is excellent and I owe my sister in law big time for her advice to call them.

Worst Customer Services & extremly slow delivery process

Keep freezing your credit card account after paying $1000 you owed. Slow mail delivery.  Kept you asking you to talk to marketing sales office everytime they made you call for freezing you account.  Kept giving you excuse that your address is not corrected after updating your address to their customer phone services 3 or more times. For Well fargo regular checking account, Bill pay online is limited based on the amount of money in your checking, while Bank of america does not.

They would give you time in a day for their marketing offers, but not the things that are more important to the customer.  I have been a good customer to this bank paying bills on time since 2005.  Customer on regular account since around 2001, but I do not see the point on staying for this bank;

It's time to closed my account on Wells Fargo, then get a better service at Chase, bank of America or other bank but wells fargo.

They kept freezing my account everytime I am paying $1000 or more.  Even if I still owed some more money after paying $1000 on the outstanding balance or the running balance, every representative in the customer serve would say I overpaid my bills. After confirmation of verification of unfreezing my account, every representative want to forward me to the monthly charges they offer such as Identity theft protections even if you just say no.  It seems that they want to freeze your account so that they can offer you to all these marketing sales that you don't need.

Also, after correcting my current address over the phone twice or three times beforehand,  customer's representatives would say, your credit card is not sent yet because of your wrong address.

FYI: Banks usually pay for delivering your credit card mail, not the customer, so they would probably avoid quick mail delivery.  One time they called to renew my credit card then ask for which type of mailing delivery: expedited by FedEx or regular mail.  Of course, I chose expedited by FedEX for 2 day delivery. But the representative still sent it to the regular mail that is NOT my request of deliver, which will take 7 to 10 business days, then 2 to 9 day to the forwarded address.  It's been 6 business days now, so it can take up to 9 to 19 days of delivery if you move from a different state.  Even if I request to send my renewal credit card by expedited FedEx instead, the customer's representative would not do change the mailing delivery from regular to expedited.  After talking to this customer representative for 7 min 30 seconds, at 3:23 pm CST,  he hanged up.

You have to have a certain amount of account to have bill pay online, otherwise you'll be charge.  That is why, I am never comfortable to use their "bill pay online" that is not really going to be free.

Extra Money off my Mortgage!

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

The Wells Fargo Platinum card is what I would consider my "everyday card." I was offered the application for the card a few months after I started making my mortgage payments to Wells Fargo.

Their introductory offer was a zero percent annual percentage rate for the first twelve months. Then it would be assigned between 9.9 percent and 17.9 percent following the introductory year. Also, which was the big bonus for me, Wells Fargo was offering a one percent return on all purchases, with a bonus three percent on groceries, gas, restaurants, and travel. Then to top it all off, the rewards would be directly applied to my mortgage principal amount.

I thought this was a fantastic idea and jumped at the offer. Once I received the card I put that baby to use! I used it as my everyday card, using it for all purchases, great and small, then just paid off the current outstanding balance every pay period I had. In less than a years time, I've had a few hundred dollars knocked off of the principal balance of my mortgage, and that's been great!

So far with the card, I've yet to have any major issues. The one problem I have noticed though, is because my main bank account isn't with Wells Fargo, when I do make payments to the credit card via an online account transfer, it usually takes five to six days to process. And when using it as the everyday card, that can put a damper on my shopping/spending habits. But overall, I think it's a really great card.

Secure

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

I had my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card primarily while living, working and traveling overseas. At that time, there was only a 1% cash back bonus that was offered on all purchases. Perhaps that had changed since then, but that's what I received. As my first major credit card, this was really exciting. However, I now prefer a broader range of cash back rewards.
What impressed me most about my Wells Fargo Platinum Visa Card was the ability to detect strange purchases. The only downside was that since I was living overseas, I would often travel to another country and be unable to make a purchase since Wells Fargo blocked my card due to apparently suspicious activity. At the time, I wished there was an easier way to inform them of my travel activity. Now, I'm sure this is a much better process.
The other thing I loved was that I could customize the card with my own photos.
Paying my bill directly from my Wells Fargo checking account was so easy to do with just a simple online transfer.

Good overall credit card

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

I was initially attracted to this card because I had a Wells Fargo checking account and I couldn't get approved for any other credit card due to a lack of credit. I have really enjoyed this credit card and have experienced no issues with it or Wells Fargo. You can sign up for the rewards which gives you 1% cash back on any purchases. Unlike some other cards that have restrictions on places like Walmart you get straight up 1% so you can look on your statement and know exactly how much you are set to get. The cash back can be redeemed as a credit to your statement or you can have checks sent to you in $20 increments. The checks are sent quickly so you aren't waiting for weeks to receive them. I had one instance of a possible fraudulent charge and it was quickly resolved and I didn't have to worry about paying it. Once I closed my Wells Fargo checking account I was worried it would affect my card but it didn't. The account is super easy to pay off by doing a transfer from a Wells Fargo checking or savings account or from another bank/credit union.

Available Rates
The rates are pretty standard compared to other cards.

Never Again

from Utah

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

After our last customer service interaction with Wells Fargo, I do not ever plan to use their debit/credit card again (or any of their other services, for that matter).

Customer Service
We had this visa debit/credit card attached to our Wells Fargo checking account. About a year ago Wells Fargo added very difficult requirements to keep a free checking account with them (such as keeping a ridiculously high amount of money in a non-interest paying account). We were told that we would be grandfathered in to the system, so we would be able to keep our checking account and debit/credit card without any additional fees. That was find for a couple months until a fee was automatically charged with no warning. I went into our bank and was able to have it removed. I was again told that we were being grandfathered in and that this fee was a mistake. But a month or two later, another fee showed up. I again went into my bank, but they said they could not do anything about it this time and I would need to contact the main customer service. After spending hours trying to talk to them, I was finally told that we were not being grandfathered in and would begin needing to pay this fee. We were also told that they could not refund the fee that had already been charged because it was not their fault that it had been charged. As soon as I talked them into giving the fee back (since they had repeatedly told me before that I didn't need to pay it and then automatically charged it without warning), I closed my accounts with them.

Available Rates
The interest rates on the credit card that we would be charged are about average compared to other companies. The fees charged for the account and the interest rate we can be paid for keeping money in our checking account are ridiculously worse than about any other bank I have looked at.

Long term card.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

I have had this card for about seven years now and this is definitely one of my favorite cards to use. Over the years Wells Fargo has always been very good to me and has increased my limit substantially. One thing that they do that I really like is that I called them one day to see if I could get a better interest rate since I have had the card for many years and always paid on time and regularly pay it off completely. To my surprise they actually lowered my interest rate a lot and made it one of my lowest interest rates of any of the credit cards that I have ever had. Their customer service really aimed to please and continues to do so anytime I have talked to them. I can use this card virtually anywhere that I have ever gone and they even call me when I make a large purchase to make sure that it was really me making the purchase and not fraud, it is nice to have that type of protection with how much that happens anymore.

Great Card

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

I have been a customer of Wells Fargo for many years. My husband and I were in the process of rebuilding our credit. We knew we needed a credit card to start getting our credit to look better with online payments, but were nervous that we would be declined and it would hurt our credit.
We decided to apply for this card since we were already established Wells Fargo customers. We were approved! The rate was not as high as I expected, and the terms were great. We love this card and now that our credit is much better, it is still the only card that we use. Wells Fargo understands their customers needs and styles and I think that is great customer service. I would highly recommend this card and Wells Fargo in general. They are a great bank and not looking to rip off the customer with outrageous fees and interest.

Customer Service
Customer service is great and always willing to answer any questions regarding your credit card.

Available Rates
They gave us a great rate even when our credit was not the best.

• Available Rates:

Wells Fargo Platinum has pretty good rewards!

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

I have had a Wells Fargo Platinum credit card ever since they bought out my bank about four years ago. I have been very pleased with my Wells Fargo credit card and the customer service department any time I have needed to contact them. Of course, like with most companies these days, you will talk to someone not in this country but I have had pleasant experiences. I have had to get new credit cards twice from losing them, and they are always very helpful with that. I don't know about the interest rate aspect of this credit card because I always pay my bill off. I imagine that it is pretty high, so just be aware of that! I like that you can follow your purchase history online and that it is added under my checking account information as well so that I can follow all of my accounts from one place. Overall, Wells Fargo has been really good to me and I would highly recommend them. You can earn points for purchases as well which is a nice bonus.

Real Customer Service

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

If you believe customer service should actually be a "service" and not a chore, this is the Visa card provider you need. When I ever have an issue with a charge or a non-cancellation, Wells Fargo customer service personnel actually help get the matter straightened out. And, they put the charge amount in a special status so interest does not accrue on the amount in question. In today's world of non-service customer service, Wells Fargo is a very refreshing change.

Customer Service
The customer service provided by Wells Fargo's call center is so outstanding.

Available Rates
Wells Fargo's APR is better than most, but a little higher than I would really like.

• Available Rates:

Finally a fantastic card company

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

I guess it should come as no surprise that when you are receiving quality from a credit card company it would come from one of the largest banks in the world. That being said I was still impressed with not only with the rates and the ease of usage with this company but also with the rates that came along with it. When ever I needed help with anything they have been really easy to get a hold of and the fact that you can walk into any branch in the country and get service and help with your questions or concerns.

Customer Service
So far I have had nothing but positive experiences with this company. From every one that I have spoken to on the phone all the way down to the tellers at the branches every one has been remarkable friendly and helpful.

Available Rates
The rates are comparable to every other credit card company and bank that I have ever done business with. I have no complaints about them because they are just like every one else when it comes to the rates.

Haven't had any problems

Comments about Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card:

I have had the Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card for several years now since I graduated from university. I have not had any problems using the card hardly at all. The only difficulty was when I moved to another state and forgot to inform the bank that I was moving; they put a hold on my card to make sure that the purchases in the new state were not fraud. It was extremely easy to clear up, and I had no problems using my card afterwards. My monthly statements have always arrived on time, and payments I make are quickly applied.

Customer Service
I have only had to contact the customer service for the Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card a couple of times. Each time, the hold wait time was low and I did not have to spend much time speaking to the customer service agent. They seemed knowledgeable and were professional as well.

Available Rates
Because I pay off my Wells Fargo - Platinum Visa Card at the end of each month, I have not ever needed to concern myself with the rates of the card.