Other Frozen Foods:
Frozen Dinner, Frozen Entrees, Frozen Italian, Lean entree, Low Calorie Entree
Weight Watchers
Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce

Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce

Not bad, but not as good either.

Now that I'm coming to the end of those Lean Cuisine bargains which I bagged a couple of weeks ago, I was glad to see that Peapod had placed WeightWatchers "*Smart Ones*" products on sale.  I ordered a few items and headed off with "*Smart Ones Traditional Lasagna with Meat Sauce*" which proved to be a bit of a disappointment.

Basically, this is a good product -- the pasta was nice and cooked just right and everything was here in abundance, except taste!  Of all the healthier alternative products which I have tried so far, this was the first one to taste like diet food.  I was surprised to see that there are 780 mg. sodium in this because I could hardly taste any salt at all.  It's not really a bad dish, it just isn't as good as Lean Cuisine or the delights which have been issuing from Amy's Kitchen.

**STATS:**

A 10.5 oz. package contains a single generous serving which includes 300 calories with 50 calories from fat.  There are six grams total fat, three grams saturated fat, zero trans fat, half a gram polyunsaturated fat, two grams monounsaturated fat, 25 mg. cholesterol, 780 mg. sodium, 43 grams total carbs, five grams dietary fiber, eight grams sugars, and 17 grams protein.  Also present are 15% (D.V.) Vitamin A, 6% Vitamin C, 30% Calcium, and 10% Iron.

**TASTE TIP:**

I paired this with a small green salad topped with *[Newman's Own "Lighten Up" Italian Dressing][1] * and finished off with 8 oz. of *[Simply Apple Juice][2] *.

**BOTTOM LINE:**

Even though *Smart Ones Traditional Lasagna with Meat Sauce* didn't strike a responsive chord in me doesn't mean that it won't do the trick for someone else.  Variations in personal taste can greatly affect our judgment call about what is good or not.  So I'll recommend this dish for its good qualities and because someone may like it.  I still say it's not as good as Lean Cuisine though and fair is fair ... I had to take a star off for that.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Newmans-Own-Lighten-Up-Italian-Dressing-review-0a2c3
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Simply-Apple-review-a3574

Good if you are seriously craving some light lasagna.

Lately I have been tired of all the same frozen entrees I get every time I go to the store.  At my last trip to the commissary, I stocked up on several entrees that were new to me.  So far, the [Tuna Noodle Gratin][1] didn't fare too well and now I am eating the **Weight Watchers Smart Ones Traditional Lasagna with Meat Sauce.**

**Smart Ones says: **"It's five decadent layers of tender lasagna pasta and rich ricotta cheese, topped with savory meat sauce and melted mozzarella cheese."

Whoever wrote that ad, obviously hasn't looked at or even tasted this entree.  There sure are five layers, but you couldn't call them decadent unless the only lasagna you have ever eaten came out of the freezer section of your local grocery store.

I do have to admit that this is a nice change from all the other frozen entrees I have been eating.  But - there is barely any mozzarella cheese on top, so don't pay any attention to the cover of the box.  The sauce is decent, but too sweet.  The ricotta cheese tastes like non-fat ricotta cheese and is pretty tasteless.  Basically the highlight of this meal are the different layers and the meat sauce.  The meal seems to have all the same texture, so it was nice to chew the meat in the sauce.

**Nutrition: **300 calories, 6g fat, 25mg cholesterol, 43g carbs, 5g fiber, 17g protein

**The Scoop!**

Make sure you are not expecting anything authentic, flavorful or decadent and you will probably enjoy it.  Although I gave it 3 stars, I probably won't buy it again.  It was a nice change, but not *that *nice.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Weight-Watchers-Smart-Ones-Tuna-Noodle-Gratin-review-58aa0

Very tasty and satisfying meal from WW!

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

For a frozen meal, and a diet one at that, I am very impressed with the WW lasagna meal. It's easy and quick to make, cooks well (as long as you don't overcook, in which case you'll end up with some crisping), and has very good flavors to it. I (quite often) cheat just a little bit by adding a pinch of cheese or other flavorings to my WW meals, but I find that I don't need to with this one. If you aren't comparing to your mother's homemade lasagna, the cheese, tomatoes, meat and pasta combo in this turn out very nicely!

Ehh, okay.

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

Have you ever had one of those days where you are tired of watching everyone around you eat what you are craving in that moment but that little nagging voice says " don't do it, you're a weight gainer"? While at work the people around me - for the most part eat very poorly. Trying to stay in a healthy bracket and satisfy a craving is tough. This Smart Ones Lasagna Bake was supposed to be my out. While the portion size it quite satisfying, the actual meal is not. To be honest I was seeking a more home cooked taste and I got a much more processed taste. It seems as if it is factory made - especially in the area of the noodles. It wasn't disgusting but it also was not exactly the way I thought it should be. Overall, it was just okay. Decent and quick. I would eat it again but I wouldn't buy it again.

Summarize this product in one sentence.

from Bowling Green, KY

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

This is a very good dinner with 8 weight watchers points. The Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce has a excellent flavor taste just like homemade. The price is very reasonable and you can always find coupons to help bring down the price. i find this dinner just what i need and the points are good.

I love WW lasagna!

from Edmonds, WA

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

I absol;utely LOVE WW lasagna! I love Italian food, especially lasagna, and make it often for my family. But when I started Weight Watchers, it was just too difficult to calculate exactly how many points my homemade lasagna was, well, at least to my satisfaction. So I tried the WW lasagna. I was totally impressed! It tastes great, it is easy to fix, and I can't believe that it only has 6 points. Plus, it really fills me up. Now I always have several WW lasagnas in my freezer. They help me keep in the "WW zone". The pro/con of this though is...my husband loves them too! So I sometimes hide them behind other things in the freezer so he won't find them :D Well, maybe I should just buy more so that we'll both always be satisfied! Enjoy!

WW lasagna bake

from Toms River, NJ

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

I purchased this item originally because it was on sale. I would only purchase it again if it was on sale and I was super hungry. Where do I start. first thing is that it didn't look or smell appealing. When I transferred it onto a plate (I do not like to eat frozen meals right from the container that it is cooked in). the whole thing just kind of mushed together. The pasta was mushy and not firm. the cheese was runny and blended together with the rest of the filling, which did not have any particular taste. The sauce which was supposed to be meat had a bit of something in it that had no flavor what so ever. Overall the flavors ran into each other and there was  no familliar lasagna taste  (or even look) to any of it. It was also very salty. I was thirsty for hours after eating this meal. I was also hungry. It was neither filling nor satisfying.  I have had other weight watchers meals that I was pleased with but this is deffinately not one of them.

I don't really like weight watchers lasagna bake with meat sauce

from Coulterville, IL

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

I usually weight watchers smart one but I really can't say I cared for the lasagna. The texture of the noodle was not great it was a little gummy and they are really easy to over cook and end up with burnt cheese. The favor is ok but all that you can really taste is bland tomatoe suace. The sauce can be runny and the meat in the sauce is like mystery meat and to chewy. The potion size is ok if you eat a salad with it, but a little price for the quality. They are convient and very portable but the spinach lasagna has more flavor and appeal. The ricotta cheese is bland and tnds to be watery also ans what are those specks of green in the cheese? I would rather have more mozzarela cheese and less ricotta. They also need to make a whole wheat pasta meal instead of all the white flour. Sodium is very high and alot of calories with little taste. I would skip this meal and try another or just eat a small piece of your own homemade lasagna.

Weight Watchers Lasagna is great

from Belle, WV

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

My family loves lasagna and it was hard cooking it for them and not being able to sit and enjoy dinner with them.BUT NOW I get to eat lasagna and add a small salad with it and I don't feel deprived of eating the foods everyone else get to enjoy. The points are low enough that I can add salad and or garlic toast and still be in the point range I am on. I Love it. Thank you for making it possible for me to enjoy the food my family eats and still stay with in my points and loss weight.

I like the meals

from Elmont, NY

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

I like the meals from Weight Watchers. The only problem I have with them is they so not look liketheir picture

on the box. The box looks so good. The food inside is food but does not look like the box! I would make

the meals a lunch instead of a dinner. There is not really that much food for people who love to eat.

EXCELLENT

from Great Lakes, IL

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

Wow what can I say about this. EVERYTHING good in the entire world can be said about this. I think this is one of my FAVORITE meals/desserts from weight watchers smart ones. It really lived up to the picture on the front and if I could eat that 3 times a day for the rest of my life I probably would. This was so good. It wasn't to rich or to creamy and I didn't feel guilty for eating it. It was the perfect amount of food. When you add those yummy veggies in ther that really makes the whole super spectacular! I m in LOVE with this dish. When you think about lasagna you think about it being very unhealthy and have alot of calories in it but not in this one. In fact it was just the opposite.

Smart Ones Lasagna with Meat is a great diet lunch

from New Martinsville, WV

Comments about Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Bake with Meat Sauce:

Smart Ones Lasagna and Meat is very tasty.  It is a good lunch for someone who is trying to lose weight and wanting to keep the point total to a minimum.

I would not recommend the meal for someone who is very hungry and not worrying about the calories because it would leave you still hungry.  But it certainly will stop the hunger pangs for a while and is very flavorful.