Other Smokers:

Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker

Pros

Cons

Get this smoker!

In my opinion, the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker is the right barbeque chimney for anyone. I admit I didn't have much experience with charcoal grilling before I got this cooker, but I learned quickly to master the temperature control of indirect cooking. This grill has a large capacity; one of my first attempts was to slow smoke two five pound pork shoulders for 10+ hours. With some help from an electric remote thermometer I purchased in order to monitor the internal meat temperature without losing the heat from inside the cooker, the result was some of the best pulled pork I've ever tasted. The reason I recommend this unit for all users no matter how novice (you couldn't be anymore of a beginner than I am) is because I know the quality of this cooker will allow my abilities to grow without making me feel like I could be better if I had a better smoker. Simply put, for an individual cooking for small groups of people, there is no better smoker. I have read the name of this smoker in several grilling cook books. That's what made me first look into this product. It's worth the extra price.

On a cautionary note: Be careful if ordering this smoker via mail. It's important for the pieces to fit perfectly together, and some of them can be bent out of round during rough shipping.

I love grilling and grilled food.

My weber grill is the best charcoal grill on the market in my opinion. This is the second one I have had the pleasure to own over the course of the last 22 years. Yes, even if you grill out nearly every day, as long as you keep your weber grill clean and dry it will give you many years of service. The weber grill is sold with a five- year warranty, but definitely will last longer than that. I love the way it cooks the food nice and evenly. It cooks alot like you were using your indoor oven. It will make your steaks, chops, ribs,chicken, or most anything else cook up moist and tender. Bubba, I can cook up some food on this thing that will make your toungue slap your brains out. The round shape of the grill is the secret to its success, I believe. It has a vented cover and on the bottom of the grill it has dampers to control the amount of heat to grill your food to perfection. Add some hickory chips that you have soaked in water for a few hours beforehand to your hot coals, and the smoke flavor will penetrate the food to add a taste unequaled by any old gas grill out there. When I fire up my grill every one of my neighbors will come over "just to see how everybody's been doing" because they know I'll show some Southern Hospitality and invite them to eat dinner with me. Anyone who enjoys great barbeque and/or grilling it should go get a weber!

A Smokin' Treat!

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

This is our first smoker and it came highly recommended by a friend who does competition smoking, so we decided to give it a try. I'm thoroughly impressed and am constantly on the lookout for things that I can toss on there when it's in use. It's a great design and easy to use, holds its temperature really well and easy to learn for beginning smokers.

Because this smoker holds its temperature so well and with so little effort on my part, I'm giving it a 10. It cooks everything on the smoker evenly and well despite where you have it placed.

Versatility
I'm not sure what you would do with it other than smoke food...

The cleanup on this is the only drawback to smoking. It's not hard to disassemble and remove the steam bowl, but it's a grimy mess and a fair bit of work. I doubt any other smokers are much better though. That's the only drawback in my mind to this little beast.

Even the smaller sized smoker holds quite a bit of food. We did a whole turkey on here for Thanksgiving and still had room for some other random meats and veggies, so I tossed on some sausage and an apple to add to the turkey's stuffing. Mmmm...now I'm hungry again!

• Versatility:

Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker is awesome!

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

This Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker is a very good quality smoker. We bought it at the beginning of the summer, and we have perfected the art of smoking. It's easy to use, and it is easy to clean up the next day. I would recommend keeping a smoking journal, as the instruction booklet says to do. That way, you know how much time a certain type of meat takes to cook, and the temperature. A rack of ribs take around 4 hours, a pork shoulder takes 12 hours. We use Kingsford charcoal, and we use hickory pieces for flavor. We never salt or spread a "rub" on the meat before smoking, as we enjoy the smokey flavor of the meat itself.

This smoker is a very good quality.

Versatility
We have been able to smoke many different types of meats with this smoker.

This is very easy to use. You need to pay attention to smoking times, and the types of meat you are trying to smoke.

Easy to clean outside with the garden hose.

This will be around for many years. Get the smoker cover to protect the smoker.

Very good design.

• Versatility:

The best smoker I have seen

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

This is my first smoker and it is great!

It works as advertised and does a great job.

Versatility
The stacked arrangement sometimes makes it hard to get at the lower item.

I have used it for 4 months and it still looks like new.

• Versatility:

Really gets the smoke flavors into your foods

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

Got this for my husband on Father's Day about 3 years ago-does a great job-I didn't know that it took as long as it does to smoke meat but that is besides the point. It really gets the flavor of the smoke into the meat and you can add different flavor wood chips-you will be surprized at how much you can put in there holes a lot of meat. It has held up very well and we use it all the time winter and summer. The only thing I have against it is the door always has been hard to close it and get it to stay closed.

• Versatility:

you pay the price but why weber can't go wrong

from Lakeside, CA

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

smokers are so good for cooking this one is top of the line and the price shows but you cant ever go wrong with the weber brand one of the few i'm willing to pay the extra for buy tis smoker and it will last you years.

Great smoker for the average guy

from Loveland, CO

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

This smoker was a lot easier to assemble then I had expected when I saw the six different languages it came with. This smoker was easy to use, and the ribs turned out just the way I was thinking they would. They fell off the bone just like you would get them at a some kind of outdoor B&BQ joint. The temperature was easy to maintain at 300 degrees for the 4 hours needed despite it was raining and wind blowing outside. This is the only smoker that I have had that I can just leave unattendend for hours at a time and there isn't a problem with the temp. I have gotten great praise for the ribs I have made, and since then have tired chicken that has come out just as good as the ribs. The thing that I really like about this grill is the fact the lid fits like a glove, and that the thermometer is in the lid and I can see it when I am inside my house so I don't have to go outside in bad weather. This is a great smoker if you want to throw a large get together's, but if not, you should concider a smaller one. I like the fact that this smoker is up-right, and that you can store this in a small space in the shed, or even on your deck without taking up a lot of room. The only ding that I have to give out is that that i wish there was a hook on the side so you can hang the lid while you are checking on your food. I have used other wood smokers, and this is the only one that can keep up with those in the quality of food.

Outstanding Smoker

from Charlotte, NC

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

I've had my Weber Smokey Mountain cooker for 4-5 years now.  After reading some great smoking tips off of the Virtual WSM website, I was all set to go.  I've cooked a chicken, ribs, and pork shoulders on the smoker.  All have turned out great.  I'm throwing 4 8 lb. shoulders on my WSM tonight for an overnight smoke as a matter of fact.

Using this is fairly easy.  You have a charcoal chamber at the bottom, a water pan in the middle (can use to control temperature), and 2 levels of grill grates (double layer).  You can comfortably fit 4 pork shoulders (32 lbs. of meat) on the smoker at one time.  Cooking time for the shoulders can take anywhere from 9-10 hours to 22 hours for 4 shoulders.  The most important aspect of a smoker is its ability to keep a constant temperature.  You can pay a boatload of money for a very nice Green Egg or you can pay significantly less for the WSM.  I'm not knocking the Green Egg (its versatile and can also be used for grilling), but this does just as good a job.  I can fill the charcoal chamber and using the Minion method (google it) cook for 12-14 hours on one load of charcoal.  Usually plenty of time to complete a smoke.

The unit is fairly easy to clean although the water pan can get pretty messy.  Smoking meat is addictive.  Good luck!

Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker 2820 Carcoal Grill

from Pacific, MO

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

This smoker is the best purchase I have made in many years.  I have had it for 2 years now and smoke all kinds of meats.  ironically, I had my heart set on an electric smoker and my wife bought this one for me.  I am glad she did as I was misinformed initially.  If you have never smoke meat it is all about "low and slow"  You cook meat at lower temps for longer with the water pan full.  This gives any meat a juicy and tender outcome.  I recommend you buy a good thermometer with this smoker as determining the temp of the meat is how you can tell if done.  I smoke everything....even hamburgers.  Thiw Weber smoker will outlst me as it comes with a cover and if well taken care it should be a "one and done" purchase.  The only potenail drawback would be cooking surface, however, unless you are cookig large amont sof food regularily (if you are this is not the best purchase and you probably already know that as you are looking at larger smokers) but for most people this is the perfect size.  You will not be disappointed.

Charcoal Smoker

from Groves, TX

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

The Smokey Mountain Bullet by Weber is one of my favorite of the outdoor smokers. First, the charcoal smoker by Weber is a smoker and not a grill. That means you cook low and slow versus hot and high heat. So, if you're looking at berbecue smokers, you'll want to think about barbecue ribs and shoulders and other meats and foods that benefit from being cooked by circulating heat and smoke instead of direct heat which you want for foods like steak and burgers. You can buy a cheaper barbecue smokers, but if what to get what you pay for in this case. Pay a little more for a Weber and have a smoker that is easy to use and control compared to low end smokers which you have to babysit. The Weber lid which is domed shaped meaning more room for food and also good heat flow. The vents top and bottom control the heat. It is my favorite of the smokers. We get great smoked meat off the Bullet, and its really not hard to do but does take some time to do it right. You don't, however, have to sit there and watch. Just check it every couple of hours and bank good at night. You'll be amazed at the results.

this smoker is the best thing you can have

from Ekron, KY

Comments about Weber Smokey Mountain Charocal Smoker:

I have a weber smoker/cooker for years and is the best thing you can have.  I use mine a lot for smoking salmon (I love fish). It's easy to use an clean up and it's good if you like to experience with new dishes. Get one and you will see