Other Smokers:

Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Charcoal Grill & Smoker

i love char coal flavor

from Fort Wayne Indiana

About Me Master Griller

Pros

• Adds Flavor To Meal
  • Cooks Efficiently
  • Large Grilling Surface

Cons

• For Self/Couple
    • Great Searing
    • Indirect Cooking
    • Large Gatherings
    • Small Gatherings

Comments about Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I have always loved Char-Broil products because they are the best and most of all made in the USA

Northwest Smoking

Comments about Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

We live in the Northwest and catch salmon. In addition to slow BBQ and fast grilling, we also smoke salmon using the offset fire box. In order to control the temp we use a special fan with temp monitor. The outer shell of the unit is thin, so when the wind blows the temp changes rapidly. All in all, a great smoker/grill for the price.

• Versatility:

Love the taste of food cooked on my Char Griller

from Houston, TX

Comments about Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

We got this Char Griller last summer and I  completely love it.  This grill did take a while to put together and alot of patience, but I have really enjoyed it.  I even smoked my christmas turkey in it this year and it was a big, big turkey.  As a matter of fact, I am going to cook on it tonight.  Easy to clean and dump ashes.  It even has a tool to remove some of the grates for easy access to pit.

This grill is very versitile...

from Newark, DE

Comments about Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I recently retired our gas grill which, in my estimation, never got hot enough to sear meat properly. With the CharGriller you can  easily adjust the height of the coals to supply the correct heat at the correct time. My first attempt at charbroiling a couple of thick London Broils was a complete success. The meat was done to perfection. My next attempt will be to smoke a couple of Pork Shoulders. I'll get back to you with the results!

A great grill/smoker for the above average backyard cooker

from Woonsocket, RI

Comments about Char-Griller Smokin' Pro Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I have had this grill for at least 6 years now.  I originally had it without the side firebox, and then added the firebox a few years later.  The grill is still holding up great and I've cooked some fantastic food on it.  The grates are very heavy duty and have held up terrifically, as has the rest of the body.  I've replaced the charcoal grate and pan twice now, but thats not bad at all given the usage I give it and the parts are cheap.  My biggest complaint is that there is only one air intake, on the right side of the grill, so you get some serious hot spots on that side of the cooking area.  You just have to lean how to place the coals and work it to your advantage - it makes it tough to control a lower temp cook on that side, but easier to have a cooler area to create a more moderate temp area on the left side.If you're doing a LOT of low-and-slow barbecuing (the real stuff, not just burgers on the grill), get the firebox, or upgrade to a Weber Smokey Mountain.