4.9

Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker

4.9

Great Grill!

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

Purchased the grill recently, and as always you have to put it together your self! To my surprise, it was remarkably easy! The grill as a hole is quite heavy, which, to me means strength and durability. Excellent! You cant get lazy. I recommend cleaning grill components every week to maintain smooth surfaces

• Versatility:

Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill is the grill of my dreams

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I so love my **Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill product number 7809**. This is not just a grill, but a smoker too.

When I was shopping for a new grill it had to have enough room to put on all the goodies on, it had to be a grill and a smoker since my hubby wanted to play around with smoking food. I wanted cast iron grates, easy to remove pan for the ashes and a table on the side. The grill angels were watching over me because I found the grill of our dreams.

We had to put it together, but that wasn't to bad and it took us about a hour to an hour and a half. All the parts with screws and bolts came with the grill. We did have to season the cast iron grates and all that intailed was some bacon fat wiped all over the iron grates and in the oven for 2 to 2 1/2 hours in the oven...boy did that smell good :). Tip: put some foil in the bottom of your oven. The directions say to use veggi oil, but I happen to have a friend that is a grilling guru and is also a great reviewer on Viewpoints [CyndiA][1] that gave me these great tips for our new baby.

For Easter this year we opted to smoke a ham and OMG this was the best have we have ever had. We used apple wood chips for the wood smoke and used an indirect heat and this took a few hours to make it just mmmm mmmm wonderful. I had to try out the basics such at chicken, burgers, hot dogs etc... wonderful and I am happy to say I have grill marks on my food. (it's the little things that make me happy). My husband then made slow cooked ribs...again mmmm mmmm wonderful. This grill can do anything.

Some of the features:

580 sqr feet of cooking space, cast iron cooking grates, 250 sqr foot warming rack that comes off for when your cooking larger items, heat gage temp control, wood shelf for work space, large bottom for more storage space, wheels so you can put it in the right comfy grilling spot and it also has a fire box (sold separately) for the big smoker, heavy duty steel construction, adjustable charcoal grate, easy dump pan, and the greatest grilled food you ever have.

A tip on the fire box (model number 2424)...if you are going to purchase the fire box, do it when you are putting the grill together...much easier. We are finding this out since we just bought the fire box to put logs in instead of chips.

One down fall I do have on this grill is that it doesn't have a handle on it to move it from one area to another and I have to move it by the wood shelf that is attached to the grill. I will think of something

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/aboutme/CyndiA

good grill

from Oklahoma City, OK

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

My husband loves to grill so I bought him this char-griller pro deluxe charcoal grill a few months ago. We also have a nice stainless steel grill but he wanted a charcoal grill  in addition. We grill several times a week and since I made this purchase, we haven't used the gas grill once! Charcoaling is more of a hassel having to wait on the charcoal to get ready and all but the gas grill can't stand up to the taste! I like the wooden built on table because it not only looks nice but is convenient to keep a plate and utensils on. We keep our charcoal on the rack on the bottom. This grill was a good investment. Not only does it look nice but it is sturdy and made with good quality. I put foil over the racks to make for an easy clean up. This is the first charcoal grill my husband and I have ever bought and because it is such good quality and heavy duty.I don't anticipate having to buy another charcoal grill ever!

smokin grill

from Medina, OH

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I bought the Char-Broil Pro Delux charcoal grill this summer and used it 4 times a week and we just loved it. It has a rack on the bottom to store your charcoal and bucket and a tray on the side to hold things. It also has a smaller rack above the grill to just keep things warm on,we love that feature.There is also easy cleanup because the pan lifts out to just dump the old coals out.This grill is the one to buy.

Not a bad grill for the price

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

If you live in the midwest like me, you have limited grilling days in the year. This is a grill you can leave outside year round and it will last. However, we did have an issue after just a year of use. The igniter went out and the grill wouldn't start. So, we contacted the manufacturer and they kindly sent us a new one (after sending in our model no. and a copy of the receipt). We are happy with the customer service we received and the overall performance of this grill. However, it is our first and only gas grill so we haven't anything to compare it to. This grill heats up fast and you need to really work it, keeping an eye on your meat or it will burn quickly. It is not too bulky and like I said if you want you can leave it out in the winter. We bought a cover for ours and it is handy. It is also nice that you can upgrade the grill by buying the smoker attachment. I love a product that I can upgrade if I want to.

The Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal grill is GREAT!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I am really surprised I am about to write that I love my Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill.  I was for a very very long time, a big fan of propane grilling.  I saw it as easier, more predictable, and faster.  When my husband suggested we get a charcoal grill, I made him promise to keep the propane one JUST IN CASE I didn't like the charcoal one.  Well, I have now seen the error of my ways, and just love this grill. (The propane one is long gone!)  It has a very wide/ long grate that can fit enough food for a large gathering of friends and family.  The wooden tables on the side and in front are super convenient for the plates, grilling tools I use.  I've had it for about 2 years now, and it sits outside here in FL, and looks brand new.  It has held up well to the ridiculous Florida summertime heat, as well as the many rainstorms we have down here.  This grill is easy to clean, as the grate is easily removed with two wide handles on either end, and the two air vents really let the air flow to control your fire.  I certainly recommend this product.

oh my god!

from Freeport, IL

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I bought this grill at a grand opening sale and am so glad I did. This grill cooks perfect everytime. Ive been grilling for years but for an unexperianced person, this will help everytime. Temp. control is amazing and the meat stays juicy.

This grill is great, just the right size for a small patio.

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

I have this grill and we absolutely love it. It is easy to manuver because it has wheels. It has two levels so you can cook veggie up top while the meat is smoking on bottom. It has an ajustable bottom rack for very fast or slower grilling and smoking can be achieved.  It is very durable, it withstands rain and sun. The grate is easy to clean with a brush and it comes with a hook to remove the grates with ease. Instead of one grate it comes with four smaller grates. I have had grills with one grate and it is hard to maneuver expecially when the grill is hot. The grates are also heavy duty so I feel as if they will last a lot longer. The best thing about this grill of course was the price, it was very reasonable and we are very happy with the choice we have made. I don't think we will be buying a grill for some time. I highly recommend this product for family barbecues, or just small family dinners. A must have for every home.

Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill is EXCELLENT!

from Pampa, TX

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

My husband got this grill for his birthday from my parents and it is nice.  We purchased the smaller piece to go with it and they work great for smoking or grilling.  Seasoning it was a bit difficult but it was totally worth it.

Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Grill,it cooks evenly and very durable.

from Athens, AL

Comments about Char-Griller Pro Deluxe Charcoal Grill & Smoker:

My husband I and grill all the time,even in winter.The Char Grill Deluxe has been great,from burgers and hot dogs to whole chickens,my favorite.We cook 2 at the same time and both cook evenly and tasty.When the kids and grandchild visit its big enough to for plenty of food cooked at once.The Char Grill also cleans up easily my husband likes that.We have had ours for a long time and it still going strong.I love this grill.