Other Credit Cards:
Washington Mutual - MyPoints Platinum Visa Card

Washington Mutual - MyPoints Platinum Visa Card

WaMu/Chase credit card. Just the right amount of credit.

from Conway, NH

Comments about Washington Mutual - MyPoints Platinum Visa Card:

I was quite surprised when I was approved for the Washington Mutual Platinum Visa credit card. I had to file bankruptcy in 2005 and although I had been approved for a credit card with another competitor for those of us who've had credit issues in the past and perhaps have less than perfect credit, I really didn't think I would be approved through such a well known and seemingly prestegious company. This credit card gave me just the right amount of credit, not too little and not too much although it has a rather high interest rate. They provided me a credit limit just under $1000.00 but doesn't offer a high credit limit which is really good for me because I can avoid over spending knowing I only have a small credit limit, so that helps me to curb my spending. I received this credit card before I even opened a washington mutual checking account but now, apparantly, Washington Mutual only allows their bank account holders to receive a Washington Mutual credit card so that's something to consider when looking at this particular bank. I feel so very lucky to have been approved for and to have received this credit card. I would highly suggest applying for this credit card. Despite the high interest rate, I think it's a great credit card for those of us who need to build credit and don't need a larger credit limit but need more than what we'd normally get (usually $200-$250 to start) for those emergency situations that require a little extra available funds or maybe the need for a car rental. Definitly check this one out!

Washington Mutual Platinum Visa

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Washington Mutual - MyPoints Platinum Visa Card:

I have had my visa card for at least five years now. I give the wamu card I have about a three star rating. The only reason I keep it is for emergencies but the interest rate is out of this world. It is like the keep increasing my limit but instead of lowering my rate they higher it which I would understand if I had bad credit but I don't.

Mypoints Visa will change to Chase.

from House Springs, MO

Comments about Washington Mutual - MyPoints Platinum Visa Card:

I signed up for the MyPoints Visa credit card several years ago. I loved it for a while. I've earned double points, points with Mypoints & points with Visa. Mypoints was great at first, but over the past year, I haven't gotten points for all of my purchases. As far as Visa points, I recieved a notice about a week ago stating that my points would be converted to the new Chase points. Well, my 4,000 points are gone & I have yet to see my points appear in the new Chase reward system. So I assume I lost those points.

I had this card for years and was constantly on the phone...

from West Fairlee, VT

Comments about Washington Mutual - MyPoints Platinum Visa Card:

I had a Washington Mutual Platinum Visa for years and years and I was always on the phone arguing over fees that showed up in my account.  I know, why did I keep it for years if I was always fighting?  They were easy to get credit from, and it was tough for me to pay off my balance in full.  I eventually did and got out from underneath all the credit card debt.

My Points Platinum Visa is great and I love collecting points.

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Washington Mutual - MyPoints Platinum Visa Card:

The reason why I decided to get a My Points Platinum Visa is because I enjoy collecting the points and picking out the gift cards of my choice to use at my favorite stores.  The card was easy to apply for, the response time was quick, and I received my card in less than 10 business days.  I collect points by using my Visa card online or off line.  The My Points site is fun and there are other fun ways to collect points, like reading your emails, searching, and playing games.