Other Pacifiers & Teethers:

**Vulli - Sophie the Giraffe**

**Decription**

**Vulli - Sophie the Giraffe**

**Decription**

Sophie the Giraffe is a cute rubber, non-toxic giraffe designed and produced in France for the last 40 years. The interior is hollow and the animal squeaks when squeezed. It is painted with food paint, white with brown spots and brown accents on the ears and feet. The eyeys are black and there is pink on the mouth. The product is recommended for 0-3 months + and is labelled as the only teething toy you may ever need. The giraffe stands at around 7 inches tall and is fully bendable.

**Opinion**

Sophie the Giraffe was given to me as a gift at my baby shower, at first it does not look like anything more than a pet toy, but to my baby it was a dear friend. This was the first toy my baby latched onto and was constanty keeping in his mouth, especially the legs. The soft rubber was appealing and the squeak it made always got the baby's attention. It was easily cleaned after being dropped on the floor countless times, but never seemed to collect too much dirt. Any drool was easily wiped off unlike plush toys that would remain more soggy. I like the fact that the material is all natural, so many low quality products out there. I think it is a great teether and would make a wonderful addtion to your toy collection.

DANGEROUS! Choking hazard!

I wanted to write quickly to warn parents to be very watchful when allowing your baby to use the Sophie Giraffe toy. My child was able to get the very flexible leg (on her stomach) into her mouth, began gagging, choking and turning blue.  She had loss of breath and this was obviously very upsetting! I see there are many scenerios of this nature.  If you are a fan of Vulli toys, please buy Pie Gnon or another one that does not have the long legs.  There is a second product investigation taking place now for this item because of the numerous complaints and awful experiences.

Baby Loves his Sophie

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

I have a 10 week old baby and he loves his Sophie the Giraffe. While he is not teething yet, he loves holding on to her and will even chew on her leg some. When he sees her, he gets so excited! Its small enough that his tiny hands can hold on to her with out mommy holding it, yet its big enough that I don't have to worry about him choking on it. I know when he does start teething, it will be our go to teether. I have told all my friends with young babies about her as well. Great toy!

Love the Teether hate the squeak

from Spring, TX

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

This teether is always on the top of the for baby shower gifts. So when I had my fourth child I thought why not finally break down and buy one and see what all of the fuss is about. My daughter got this for Christmas and it was certainly cute.

Once we got it out of the package however, I wished I hadn't bought it. That squeaker?! It's the most annoying squeaky toy I've ever heard! You know the one where it's a high pitched squeak that is very loud? That's the one! I didn't even know that this teether was a squeaky toy....I honestly wouldn't have bought it had I known that.

For one thing this is a very expensive teether so it shouldn't be so annoying right? It's also not as thick of plastic as I thought it would be for a teether. When a baby needs a teether they want to gnaw on something hard and thick not soft and chewy. So I really don't think this qualifies for a baby teether. Maybe a dog squeaky toy?

A must buy for babies teething

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

The Vulli Sophie Giraffe Teether is a hit among babies. It's soft enough for their delicate gums and teething process and has a calming effect because of the gentle squeak and light colors. Any mothers I know who's babies have this teether have also said how much they love this product. A must buy for babies teething!

Wonderful product for baby

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

My 4 month old will not put anything in her mouth that is not attached to my body, (breast, finger, hair), she will not take a bottle, pacifier, or teether. I bought Sophie Giraffe out of desperation, because my baby cries non stop if I am not entertaining her, or if we are in the car. My 4 month old LOVES Sophie Giraffe; she chews on her, squeaks her, snuggles with her, laughs at her. My 22 month old also adores Sophie. There is something about this toy, it grows with children. I imagine that my daughters will be playing with Sophie until grade school.
I am thankful for the reviews that mentioned the choking hazard,; because of the choking hazard, I have docked 1 point from my rating, otherwise, I would have given Sophie a 5+ star rating. I would never have thought of one of Sophie's legs getting lodged in an infants throat. I will now monitor my little one more closely when she is playing with her giraffe, no more Sophie in the car!

Sophie is great but she can be a bit one the expensive side.

from Monrovia, CA

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

Sophie seems to be the "it" teether for babies these days. I haven't seen any baby without one but my baby seems just satisfied with it. She doesn't adore it like some babies supposedly do but when she has her is her hands she does play with her and chews on her feet for 10 minutes maximum.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Vulli Sophie La Girafe

from Bothell, WA

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

I could go on and on all day about how much I love Sophie the Giraffe. She is a permanent fixture on my child. We tied a pacifier clip around her neck and clipped her on my baby and she loves it! Sophie is such a fun toy covered in spots. She has so many different chewable parts that my baby always has something to do. Her leg's are a favorite I've noticed. She's a very durable toy, and shows little wear. She's easy to clean, and doesn't have any separate parts, the giraffe is one part, she's kind of rubbery, with a nice smell. Perfect for small mouths looking to chew away. A few times my child has shoved a leg down her mouth and coughed but theres no negatives I can give this teether. It's a fantastic investment, a must have for any parent with a teething baby. This giraffe amuses my child to no end, which is perfect for me, and good to know that she's working away at getting those teeth up.

The perfect teether!

from Cary, NC

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

Sophie the Giraffe is our daughter's favorite teether! I extensively researched teethers before she was born to find one that would be safe for her (i.e. BPA and pthalate free, etc). This teether is not only safe, but is brilliantly designed! The knobs on Sophie's head are perfect for my daughter's front teeth and Sophie's neck is very easy for her to grasp. The legs are great for soothing her back gums. I feel great knowing that the paint on Sophie's body is food-grade safe and that it is made from 100% natural rubber. The only drawback to Sophie the Giraffe is that it is a bit pricey. That being said, I would gladly pay this price for Sophie again because soothes my daughter's gums, entertains her and I feel good about what she is putting in her mouth!

We love our Shopie the Giraffe!

from College Station, TX

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

I bought Sophie the Giraffe for my now 7 month old about 4 months ago. He has LOVED this toy from the very first day I bought it for him. The legs and neck are just the right size for little teething mouths to chew on and chubby hands to grab. The rubber is very very soft and gentle on baby gums and doesn't have any sort of weird rubber smell to it. The squeaker is an added plus to the toy and isn't at all annoying like most baby toy noises. I can see my son using this toy even when he is older as a good imaginary play toy. My older children ask for this toy all the time because they love the excitment and joy it brings the baby when he sees it. I would recommend this to any mom who wants a quality toy that will keep kids interested for a long time and even through several children. I would also recommend as a great baby shower gift; the toy comes in a quality packaging that is very gift worthy. This giraffe is just to cute and adorable that any mom and baby are going to love it!

our sophie

from Auburn, CA

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

we just got this sophie giraff for my baby recently because we noticed he was teething, and he loves it. It's soft and has a rubbery feel to it that is perfect for chewing. it also makes a squeeky noice when you squeeze its tummy. it comes from natural paint made from food. perfect for little tiny baby hands to grab and hold. it comes with a little book of the story of sophie the giraff. Light so baby can move it around and in to babys mouth easily. its also just so darn cute its like a fashion statement to have one in your stroller.we are about to buy a second one becaus my 3 year old has also taking a liking to the sophie giraff and he has been hiding it from us so i guess its not just a cute teether toy. its become my sons lovey.im thinking of buying a couple sophie giraffs for baby showers that we have coming up. makes the perfect baby shower gift or cute to put on top of a diaper cake.

Baby loves and enjoys Sophie the Giraffe Teether Baby Toy!

from Lawrenceburg, TN

Comments about Vulli Sophie the Giraffe Teether:

When my mom first bought "Sophie the Giraffe Teether Baby Toy" for my new little brother, I first thought it would be too big and unenjoyed by the baby. But boy was I surprised, when my little brother at just clinging age, started teething on it with gusto. In fact, I think it was his favorite toy out of all the cute little toys around him.

He seemed to greatly enjoy the rubbery sound it made while chewing on it. He also was able to easily hold it, by the giraffe's semi skinny legs. It worked perfectly in keeping him quiet, just like a pacifier. Through all the biting on the teether, I never once saw a puncture hole, or paint chips come off. The cleaning was very simple. It's an adorable toy and can be used for either boy or girl.  Another plus, to this toy is its quietness. Nothings worse than having a noisy plastic toy, or wooden toy fall to the ground, or shake around when you’re in a quiet place- such as a church or library. Fortunately, Sophie the Giraffe falls with quietness.

He did eventually grow out of "Sophie the Giraffe" a little before 1 years old, where he started to just throw it on the ground. Instead, he wanted to just crawl and walk around.