Other Pacifiers & Teethers:
NUK
NUK Orthodontic Pacifier

NUK Orthodontic Pacifier

A true blue lifesaver!

As a mother of three avid pacifier users, I have seen them all, bought them all, and USED them all! After two babies that used them until they were three years old, and practically using their college funds to replace the HUNDREDS lost.....I tried to avoid another desperate addict when our third child was born. We made it through the whole hospital stay, and two nights at home, pacifier free. Then came night number 5. For some reason, there was just no consoling him. I frantically rummaged through the closet of shower gifts for the ONE Gerber Nuk I received from the one guest we forgot to tell about the "intervention". I ripped it open and plugged it in.....and it is 2 1/2 years later. Bless you, Gerber for your wonderful product!

Not my baby's favorite pacifier

I have two sons, and neither of them ever were big pacifier fans.  But the rare occasions where they would use one, this was not either of their favorites.  They both preferred the Soothie pacifiers that we got at the hospital.  We got several of the Nuk orthodontic pacifiers as shower gifts, so I did give them a try, but they did not work out very well, and after just a few uses they got stuck in a drawer and never used again.  The Nuk orthodontic pacifiers are made of several different pieces, and I found it more difficult to keep clean than the Soothie pacifiers that are all just one piece.  They are easy to attach a clip to, so if your baby likes to spit them out or drop them, you can attach the clip and minimize the risk of it falling on the floor and you having to wash it over and over and over.  Babies seem to be picky about which pacifiers they will use, so I would suggest trying several brands and seeing what your baby likes.

Anatomically design and baby friendly!

from Stillwater, OK

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

To start with, I am very specific with the items I buy for my kids. The NUK brand is made in the Germany which is known to be one of the leaders in the baby products for years. The NUK orthodontic pacifiers are very common in Europe. The pacifiers are anatomically design the way they do not interfere with teeth development and tongue placement. In fact, this is was the only pacifiers my baby would take. We were given a bunch of other pacifiers on my baby shower and in the hospital, but all of them now collecting dust:) The pacifiers come in several designs (plain and print) for boys or girls, or unisex. The pacifiers are very easy to clean. I do wash them with dishwasher soap every day and boil them once a week. They are made of very sturdy silicone. My teething baby was chewing on them all the time. We have NUK bottle and they have exactly the same nipple design, which make baby less confused when switching between bottle and the pacifier. I do recommend NUK pacifiers for anyone. Great product!

Love these

from Fayetteville, NC

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

My youngest son was definatly a pacifier baby. In fact, maybe a little too long lol! But this was the only pacifier I used for him and he really liked them. I had bought other types once or twice but these were his favorite. And the price is not too bad either, especially when they come out with a coupon once in a while. I love all NUK products, they seem to be well made and really tailored for babies needs and wants. And as a mom I feel good about using them for my kids because I know they are safe and I know that my kids love them all. I would recommend these to anyone who is looking to use pacifiers for thier babies, NUK is a great company.

MAKE SURE U HAV EXTRAS

from Dallas, TX

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

BOY! THIS WAS A PRODUCT WE HAD TO HAVE 3 OR FOUR OF @ ONE TIME I ALWAYS HAD AN EXTRA ONE IN MY PURSE, ONE @ HOME, ONE WITH THE BABY AND A NEW ONE PUT UP JUST IN CASE WE COULDN'T FIND AND OF THE OTHERS OR LOST ONE.  I LOVE THAT THEY HAVE THE CASE THAT WAS THE BEST FOR ME AND THE BABY JUST COULDN'T BE WITHOUT HIS PACIFIER.  THIS WAS A TRUE LIFSAVER TO ALL THREE OF MY BOYS.  THANK YOU NUK FOR MAKING THEM....

This pacifier was a life saver!

from Mount Sterling, KY

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

I received a couple different kinds of pacifiers at my baby shower. This was the only one that my baby would accept.  It was very easy to keep clean. They are very durable too. You will probably misplace it before your baby can wear it out. They come in a variety of different colors and are reasonable easy to find. At about age 13 months he threw it away on his own. I would definitely recommend this product!

Love these Pacifiers

from South Sioux City, NE

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

I personally love these Pacifiers. They are the only ones that my little one will take. I have owned some other kinds and they tend to break easily.The plastic on these pacifiers is very durable. I especially love the silicone ones. Before my daughter was born I hadn't planned on giving her a pacifier but I had gotten a few brands at my baby shower and man am I glad I recieved these! These pacifiers are great, my daughter LOVES them. They are a life saver when I cant breastfeed my daughter right away. I just pop one of these in her mouth and she's satisfied until I can attend to her.

A true blue lifesaver!

from Syracuse, NY

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

The only pacifiers my daughter would take!

from Jefferson City, MO

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

When my second daughter was born we didn't have much experience in pacifiers since my oldest was a thumb sucker and never took one. She came home from the hospital with those huge round ones, she didn't like them and neither did we, it seemed like they took up her whole face. We tried tons of different pacifiers and the Nuk Orthodontic pacifier was definitely the best fit. Our pediatrician was actually the first to recommend them to us. The nipple is shaped better to fit in their small mouths and they are small enough that they aren't taking up half their face. They come in different sizes, for smaller babies and older babies which I really like. They are very durable, even once babies start getting teeth and are chewing on everything. These pacifiers were a life saver while my daugther was teething, she chewed on them non stop and they never got any holes or even looked like they were damaged. Highly recommend these for any age babies!

The only pacifier I'd use!

from Staten Island, NY

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

Nuk pacifiers were given to both my children at the hospital when they were born.  I continued to buy them.  I liked the size and shape intitially and then all of the other features just made sense.  They have different sizes for different stages.  I love the colors and even pretty patterns for girls that they make now.  In the past I have tried other brands of pacifiers such as Avent (who I am fond of for bottles) but I felt the nipple was too large and my son didn't like them (which I do think was due to the size - my children were never breast fed).  I rave about Nuk pacifiers and can understand why at times they may be hard to find,  My four month old also loves to take them out of her mouth and put them back in,  The handle on them allows for her to do this and with almost perfect accuracy.  Nuk pacifiers are definitely worth it and if your hospital gives you samples to take home, save them as extras for the diaper bag for when you are in a rush and forget pacifiers!

These binkies are the bomb!!

from Ogden, UT

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

I LOVE nuk binkies!! or, i guess i should say that both of my kids love nuk binkies, which is what makes me love them! Personally, i love the original latex ones, I'm not really a fan of any of the silicone binkies.. my baby doesnt seem to like them as much.

Pros: kids love them, they are shaped great, they have cute colors and a classic design, they are inexpensive in comparison to a lot of other binky brands

Cons: it is sometimes hard to find them in stores (not sure why), hard to find gender neutral colors sometimes, the latex ones do get old and become "sticky", you cant just use those bad boys forever.

Conclusion: My baby LOVES them, they make him happy! He is very picky and doesnt like other binky brands (we have tried several), he is a NUK baby! Try them out!

Good for breastfed babies!

from Astoria, NY

Comments about NUK Orthodontic Pacifier:

This is the only pacifier that my little one wouldn't spit out. We tried Playtex Binkys, Avent, and finally settled on these after my sister in law told me they were the only ones that her children didn't spit out. The first night with this pacifier and my 8 week old slept through the night. This was a lifesaver.

I dislike that this pacifier leaves marks on baby's face. I also think that the best pacifiers are the softest ones, and these are not the softest on the market. After a few months I switched over to the gerber genius and I think those are the best. They are exactly like the gerber nuk, but they are made of less silicone and are much softer. This is important in proper oral development for babies. PLUS they don't leave marks on the baby's face.

The upside to the  gerber nuk is the price- you get 2 for the same price you would pay for 1 genius pacifier. Sometimes you can get coupons for them if you sign up at the gerber website