Other Kids' Electronics:
Electronic Toy
VTech
VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera

VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera

Excellent camera for kids, amazing photos, great video!

I recently purchased this camera for my cousin who just turned 3 years old. He loved taking photos with a regular camera but we were always worried about him dropping it. The Vtech Kidizoom...Read complete review

I recently purchased this camera for my cousin who just turned 3 years old. He loved taking photos with a regular camera but we were always worried about him dropping it. The Vtech Kidizoom camera is wonderful!

The camera is a little over 2 megapixels and takes great photos really quickly. My cousin likes to turn the camera off right after he takes a photo (every time!) but it still captures all the photos. It can hold alot of photos but also has the option to add an extra memory card which is nice since the video takes up more space.

One of the fun features that the camera has is that you can add funny hats or noses or even frames to the photos before you take them. You can add a pig nose, or even make it look like the person your are photographing is driving in a car.

The video quality on the camera is nice as well. We took a decent amount of video which you can play back on the camera and hear the sound as well. The camera also comes with A/V cables so you can hook it up to the television and watch the video.

There are also games built into the camera, which I know my cousin won't use right now, but in the future it would be something to keep him busy.'

There is an optional waterproof case for the camera which I am probably going to buy for him for Christmas so they have it and have the option to let him take the camera in the pool.

From what we can tell so far the battery life is very good on the camera. It runs on 4 double A batteries.

VTech Kidizoom Plus, not so much of a plus..

I investigated and researched cameras last Christmas for my then 2.5 year old.  I am an avid photographer and thought my daughter might like to take pictures with me.

I soon...Read complete review

I soon discovered that not all cameras are made equal and stopped looking.

Fast forward to Christmas and my brother in law decided to get my daughter one as his son has one and apparently loves it.

Let me start by saying that its a great little camera for an older preschooler, not a 2 or 3 year old.  There's too many parts that are attached with rubber that are easily ripped off when the child is too young for the toy.  Its my fault having let her play with it but we tried hiding it away and she wanted her camera so we caved.

It takes 'okay' pictures.  If you are expecting decent point and shot quality, you will be sadly mistaken.  There's lots of little add ons that the kids can add to their photos but unless they have really steady hands, the shots will be blurry.

My daughter's favourite thing still is to take pictures in her room in the dark at night...yeah, they don't turn out too well.  But she has fun and likes to think she's Annie Liebowitz. :)

Funner than a real digital camera!

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

I decided to buy this camera for myself just for fun, since it didn't cost too much. I was not expecting it to be so cool and fun! It takes pictures, makes videos, and has a great zoom! The camera turns to the front and back so you can take selfies too ( I don't know if that is what it is specifically meant for). It has some great effects too, like hearts and flowers. I have not used the camera in months because it died fast. It powered b four batteries, I just don't have any batteries in my house right now. This camera is a fun camera for kids, and adults too, its just that it is meant for kids. Its pretty cheap too and comes with a flash. Overall, this is great for kids, I would recommend this to my sister who has a kid who would love this. If you are a adult and want one, I recommend getting the canon a2300, a pretty good camera with similar effects to this one. As always, good luck buying a camera!

Vtech Kidizoom Digital Camera

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

I bought the orange VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera for my son's third birthday, and he loved it! This thing is so cute and very kid friendly. The whole camera is a made of a really tough rubber material, so if the kid drops it, the camera is unharmed. The camera doesn't just take pictures either. There are little games that can be played on the screen. I had no idea about that until my son opened it. I don't know what he likes more, taking pictures or playing the games. The camera also takes video. Now, the picture quality on this camera is not great at all. It's hard to see the pictures on the camera, but we plugged it in to our computer to pull up larger pictures, and it's pretty bad, but my son is only three so he thought they were great! The camera also has effects and banners he can put on the pictures, and that just amazes him. I would recommend this product for any child, big or small. Any child would love it, the picture quality just sucks.

Does wonders for the children

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

I bought this digital camera for my oldest girl. She absolutely loves to take pictures with this. This is her first camera to own. I explained to her how to use it when we first received it . She understood and was using it by herself in no time. She has dropped it a few times which is understandable since she is only four. This product still works great. It is of great quality. I absolutely love the design. The design is very girly. The pictures that my daughter takes come out really good. It is actually a very good quality camera considering it is for children. I would recommend this for anyone who has a little girl who loves to take pictures. The price is average, but it is definitely worth it since the camera works pretty well. Like I said, one of the things that I really like is the design of the cameral. The color is very pretty. The look of the camera is very cool. I like that it is very lightweight. My daughter carries this camera in her purse everywhere we go.

My girls love it!

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

I bought two of these, one for each of my girls and they love them! They have always wanted to take pictures with my camera and while I did let them try to use it a couple of times, I could tell they needed one a bit more kid-friendly. This camera is perfect and they have been taking pictures daily ever since they received them. The camera's have been dropped once or twice on accident and they still look and work as good as new. :) I would definitely recommend.

So much fun and it is tough!!

from Hampton, GA

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

My 4 year old daughter got this for Christmas. She loves it soooo much! She always wants my camera, but now she has her own. She's always taking pictures and there are fun borders and decorations you can use like hats and glasses. The neat thing about adding the decorations, is that you can do it when you take the picture or after the fact and then it would save the original picture and the decorated one. It is also easy for her to delete any pictures or videos she does not want to keep.

There are also games, some even use the photos on the camera. It came with a cord to dump photos onto a laptop or you can connect it to the TV for review. It takes A LOT of pictures and/or video. While the pictures are not really high quality, they are good enough in that little display. It is so cute that it has a double eye viewer, it is so hard for kids to master the one eye thing!!

The best part is that she can use it herself. She can maneuver the menu with ease (even though she cannot read). This is one thing she can master, and she is so proud of that! Great camera!

Fun but batteries wont stay in or charged

from Temple, TX

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

I bought the VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera for my daughter and she LOVED it. It takes ok pictures, i wouldn't expect more from a kids camera. But it also does video, which i thought was impressive. AND It has GAMES! I think that was my daughter's favorite part. She loves to play the game where you spinthe pictures around till they are in the right direction and the penguin game is loads of fun too. There's also an option to edit your photos with silly pictures. And you can change the language of the camera to English, Spanish, or French. Its a pretty neat camera. BUT you better stock up on batteries! It Takes 4 AA batteries to run this thing, and they don't last long. But I've found most VTech toys drain batteries pretty bad. Another thing is, this camera claims to be able to handle alot, with our camera if you bang it ONCE one of the battery holders on one side shoots out and flings the batteries across the room. Other moms with the same camera said the same about theirs.

VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera - best gift I ever bought my kid!

from Ypsilanti, MI

VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera -

This is the best gift I ever bought my youngest child.  She is very smart and not always easy to buy for.  She was 5 years old when I gave her the camera.

This camera comes with 2 face plates, a case, is durable, sold in various colors and comes with many built in features that are easy to use.  It comes with a good deal of memory and the pictures are easy (for an adult) to download onto a computer.  The camera allows you to take pictures, record short videos, add templetes before taking pictures and play games.  The screen is large and it is easy for a child to review and delete pictures while still in the camera memory.

This product exceeded my expectations.

After purchasing this product, I would explore other VTech products.

cute and fun

from Robertsdale, AL

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

My 4 year old daughter received this for Christmas this past year. She enjoyed carrying it around and taking pictures for awhile. What she really, really loves are the images you can put on top of the pictures. Her favorite is to put a picture of a pacifier in her subject's mouth! I love that it makes her smile! She gets tired of taking pictures before too long though. I don't think she's ever played with it more than 5 minutes at a time.

This camera is pretty expensive and I highly doubt I would have purchased it myself! I've yet to transfer her pictures to my laptop, but was very pleased to see that a cord came with the camera to make that job easy when the time comes. I also like how durable the camera is. It has been dropped, stepped on, slammed in doors, etc. and it still seems to work just fine!

The VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera is a toy kids love!

from Yuma, AZ

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

I purchased the VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera after reading researching and reading reviews on various types of cameras for children. I wanted a durable digital camera that would last a long time and was simple enough for my two and a half year old daughter to use, but had enough features to keep my seven year old daughter entertained.

This camera is great! My oldest daughter is currently playing games, while her younger sister looks on. Although my 2 1/2 year old has trouble putting the correct setting on to take pictures, once it's on she enjoys it a lot and takes lots of pictures. My oldest also enjoys taking videos of our family and friends.

I'm not quite sure about the resolution of the pictures because I haven't had any printed or exported them, however regardless of this, the VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera is a great toy.

Most of the children who come over to visit and see this immediately begin to play with it, and they tend not to loose interest too quickly.

We've had this digital camera for nearly two months, and haven't had to change the batteries yet, nor had issues with it, although it's been dropped and kicked numerous times.

My only issue I have with it is that it didn't come with a memory card, however that's an issue with pretty much any digital camera.

LOVE this camera!

from Dutton, AL

Comments about VTech Kidizoom Digital Camera:

My daughter received a kids camera last year for Christmas and that crazy thing didn't even have a view screen to see the shots.  Then when I tried loading them to the computer I never could get them to load!  Not to mention when the batteries died, all the pictures were lost!  So when she asked for another camera for her birthday I knew I needed to do some research to find the best one out there that I could afford and was still a good durable kid's camera.  The V-tech Kiddie Zoom is it!  Ours is actually the Kiddie Zoom PLUS which has a nice video camera feature.  It has cables where you can hook it up to your tv and watch it, watch a slide show, or load them to your computer.  For a small megapixel camera this little beauty takes fairly decent pictures.  My daughter (who is 7) took some pretty nice video and photos of the fire works display on the 4th of July.  She loved that her own camera was her favorite color PINK, and that you can make funny faces, play games, and even change the look of the camera by changing the face plate.  We give this fun camera two thumbs up!