Other Kids' Electronics:

Pros

Cons

20Q: A great way to get kids reading & thinking this summer

**20Q The 20 Questions Game by Radica**

20Q is colorful, sphere shaped, hand-held computer with artificial intelligence that is so unbelievable you may question just how artificial...Read complete review

**20Q The 20 Questions Game by Radica**

20Q is colorful, sphere shaped, hand-held computer with artificial intelligence that is so unbelievable you may question just how artificial it is.

***Here's how it would work if you and I were playing:***

You think of a thing.  Anything.  Really.  Let's say you picked "clock."

The first of the 20 questions will be "Is it an animal, vegetable, mineral or other?"

After that the questions are all yes or no.

Here's some examples:

Is it heavier than a duck?

Would you wash it regulary?

Would it fit in an envelope?

Would police use it?

And on and on up to 20 questions and with very few exceptions, this little gadget will tell you what you were thinking.  We've had this little electronic game guess answers like river, bathtub, blender, sunglasses and mug correctly.  Interestingly we once choose "brief case" and the 20Q guessed it was a back pack but that is still pretty incredible.

**Why I love this game:**

Kids have to read.

Kids have to think.

It's interactive socially, although you could play it alone.

It's fun for multi-generational play. (It really seems to trip out grandparents and librarians.)

It always holds a surprise.

It takes up hardly any room for storage and is so easy to stash on the go.

It's a great gift for preteens when you have no idea what they have or what they like.

20 Q is great for passing the time on road trips and in doctor's and dentist's office waiting rooms.  It's also just a fun way for siblings to pass the time or one child to enjoy a few minutes of one on one time with Mom or Dad.  It is easy to pull out for a break in the shade at the park or pool.

Of course I am coming at this from a Mom's point of view but truthfully adults enjoy this fun little gadget too.

**My Viewpoint: ** I thought I had seen it all.  This is a really cool toy.  It's challenging and fun and always seems to bring out smiles, laughter, oohs and aahs.

A weird toy

My daughter got this toy of twenty questions for a gift and she liked playing with it. After a while, I decided not to let her play with it anymore because it was a bit to creepy for me to have. The toy I have to admit was fun to use and it was usually right on par with what she was thinking. The part that I did not like about it was the fact that it claimed to read her mind. I do not like to give my kids toys that are "weird". The toys is very portable, but because of its small size it is also very easy to lose. The toy has a screen on the front that is easy to read. When we went on road trips my daughter liked carrying this with her because she could also use it in the dark. The player has the option of allow the sound to play or making it silent. That is a good option when there are people in the area because the noises the toy makes can get annoying to listen to over and over as the child uses it.

The best tool for carpooling I've found

from Lindon, UT

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

My son received a 20Q for his eighth birthday.  I had never bought one, assuming it was patterned after the old eight-ball fortune-telling toy.  We were surprised and delighted when we started playing it and couldn't quit!  The whole family was taking turns.  We eventually had to buy another one, and I take it with me when I carpool four kids 25 minutes each way to school to keep them from fighting and complaining the whole way.This is quite a clever little device--I can't believe it's so affordable! It's based on the old game Twenty Questions.  You think of something--sometimes the weirder the better--and see if the 20Q can guess what you're thinking of.  It has been accurate on bizarre items like galaxy before!  Don't underestimate its cleverness.  It's also very entertaining to try to answer some of these questions, and to see some of the wrong guesses.  I was thinking of a ceiling fan once, and it guessed a hyena!  We've used it as a group as well--we'd see if the humans could guess it before the 20Q.  We've had it for months and haven't gotten bored with it.  I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a fun game that you can carry anywhere.

Perfect for travel and fun to play for all ages.

from Oregon, IL

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

I rec'd this as a Christmas gift last year and I really love it! The only con I have for it is that when it isn't in view I forget about it, with the size being so small. Also, unless you have good light and good eyesight it may be hard to see the words. I can't believe that when I use my thoughts that they are read by this little machine. It always leaves me in awe that it is so smart. Definitely great for anyone that can read, as well as being a great travel or hospital patient gift.

Fun for the whole family!

from Springfield, MO

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

I love playing this game. A friend brought it to a get togethe rand we all had a blast trying to pull on over on it. Whoever programmed this is a genius. We have tried many times to stump it. Sometimes it is hard to answer the questions as they can go either way. All in all though it is very entertaining! Its hard to find something we all like and this does the trick.

Great entertaining toy, even for adults.

from Big Bear City, CA

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

This is a great toy for all ages. It seems to amaze kids and adults too. It has a lot of replay value and is well worth the money spent. If you are looking for a toy that will last and kids will enjoy for more than a week or month then this is one to buy.

This game will entertain one for hours- delightful!

from Jasper, TX

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

My daughter and I tried this at the store and I couldn't put it down. I would try to think of something the game could not figure out.  The game will ask 20 questions and I would answer honestly.  I even laughed when the game would make a comment like "That was so human of me!" The idea that you can out-fox a tiny computer keeps one playing and playing!  This will be a must for trips in the car and for waiting in Dr. offices. The sound can be muted so one can play it almost anywhere.  The price allows everyone to get one.

You won't belive this toy!

from Pembroke, MA

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

I played with 20 Questions at my cousin house when we were having a family get to gether. I couldn't believe how many times we would think of something and this little toy would guess what we were thinking, it was eery! All had fun with grownups and kids. I went out and bought one just to have around for the grandchildren when they come visit and friends and family, it really is entertaining!

Great in English but doesnt work in French or Spanish

from Carlsbad, CA

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

This toy couldn"t  be more fun for my students of a  second language. They ask to play this gamein each recreational period.  However the version of this toy that has been translated to second languages soesn"t appear to have been well done as it seldom works and they grow tired of it quickly.  This said  the toy is great and  for english speaking consumers it is a must for  children and adults to play togeher with

pretty cool!

from Bangor, ME

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

I have 2 of these little gagets and they are quite fun. When you first get one you won't be able to put it down. The whole family will want to give it a try (several times) and will be trying to stump it but I'd say 99% of the time the machine figures out what you are thinking! Sometimes you just don't know how it does it. A neat little stocking stuffer the family will enjoy. I recommend it!

Not quite the new 8 ball

from Avenel, NJ

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

I actually had thought to purchase this for my college attending daughter, she's 22. We were out doing the Christmas shopping run and we were pleasured with a demo. NOT! I thought it was a replacement or upgrade from my teen days of the 8 ball but it's not. My daughter and her college friend called it a friend in your pocket, not something they desire. I'm sure some people find it quite the joy but for me I'll just move on as this was not the fun new electronic I was hoping for but there's always Rubik's cube, the new one is awesome!

WOW this is a great game!

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Radica 20 Questions Handheld Game:

While you can beat this game, it is fun to see how often it is correct.  Sometimes it can guess correctly in more than 20 questions, but more times than not, it guesses in 20 or less.  My 13 and 5 year old daughters get a real kick out of the game guessing what we are thinking of.  My husband play's this game over and over.  It is a great car game for long and short trips.