Other Minerals:
Rca_2014_overall_value

Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins

Pros

Cons

even adults like yummy gummies...

A few years ago my bone density test showed a disparity between the two sites tested. After going to see an Osteoporosis specialist I was told that I was osteopenic. My doctor prescribed Evista and instructed me to take daily supplements of calcium and vitamin D. She explained that the vitamin D helps the body absorb the calcium so they needed to be taken together. Little did she know that I HATE taking medicine, including vitamins. I vowed to turn over a new leaf and purchased a bottle of calcium and a bottle of vitamin D. I took them whenever I thought about it- which wasn't very often.

Later, I found **Vitafusion Gummy Calcium with Vitamin D-3 **and decided to give it a go. I am so glad that I did! They taste great and easy to take. It is almost like popping a couple of candies into my mouth. In fact, the ingredients are similar to candy. The first two ingredients are glucose syrup and sucrose so they aren't for everyone.

The gummy calcium bites are swirled with fruit flavors and covered with a coating of sugar. Each bite is equivalent of a 6 ounce glass of milk. One serving size is two bites so you get the equivalent of two glasses of milk in one serving.

Vitafusion calcium gives me a chance of beating the odds of full blown osteoporosis. I like that.

**Ingredients:**

Glucose Syrup, Sucrose, Pectin, Natural Flavors, Lactic Acid, Citric Acid, Colors (Carrot and Blueberry Juices, Black Carrot Juice Extract, Annatto Extract)

Not the greatest tasting vitamin chew

I am at an age where I need to take a calcium supplement daily. I take a few supplements, but have always liked taking the calcium supplement the least, because it's usually so big and hard to swallow. That's why I tried Vitafusion's gummy vitamin version. It's difficult to review a vitamin, because they usually don't make you feel any differently, so I base my thoughts on the taste and how easy they are to take.

The taste isn't bad, but it isn't great either (I tried the fruit variety). Perhaps I was expecting a vitamin that was more like the other gummy vitamins I've tried, but it wasn't as flavorful and had a weird chalky texture. Also, by the time I got to the bottom of the bottle, most of the gummies had melded into one giant gummy and I ended up throwing the rest of the bottle away . I then purchased another bottle of enormous calcium vitamins that I have to choke down each morning. Bottom line- they're easier to take than traditional calcium supplements, but don't taste that great.

Great Idea but Poor Taste

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

My mom has osteoporosis and has been telling me to take Calcium vitamins for my entire life. I have switched between many different kinds and brands over the years because honestly taking the pills every day was so gross! I used to take the normal Calcium vitamin pills, then I moved to the petite pills because the normal ones were just too big, next the chocolate chews, and now finally the gummies. Overall these gummies are the best option I have found when it comes to taking Calcium Vitamins. That really is not saying much though. The pills are horribly big and the chocolates are too chalky. These gummies are not good gummies but are a great calcium vitamin supplement. The first day or so of taking them I thought they were great. Now the flavor is becoming grosser and grosser and the texture is just off. I have to suffer through taking them every morning. Still less suffering then the other options though so I will stick with them!

The easiest way to get calcium!

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

I had a bone density test done several months ago that showed I have moderate osteopenia. I was not taking calcium tablets at the time and wasn't eating enough calcium. My doctor recommended that I start taking calcium tablets, so I bought some chewable calcium tablets plus some Vitamin D tablets that I had to swallow since my doctor told me I also need 1,000 IU's of Vitamin D every day. I did not enjoy the taste of the calcium tablets, so I had trouble remembering to take them. Then my daughter gave me one of her Vitafusion Calcium Gummy tablets, and I loved the flavor. My doctor said I need 1,200 mg of calcium daily, so I get 500 mgs by taking 2 Vitafusion Gummy tablets and can easily get the rest through my diet. Because I enjoy the flavor of the gummy tablets so much, I don't ever forget to eat them. I eat them every day after my lunch, and it feels like I had a sweet dessert!

Best Calcium Supplement Ever Taken at a Great Cost!

from Virginia

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

At one time I didn't worry about taking vitamins and supplements to stay healthy but since the years are going by my doctor has suggested a multivitamin and I decided to also add calcium too and this is my number one choice. My sister suggested I try this product and I'm glad I found it. It supplies you with your daily calcium needs and has a great sweet flavor. No swallowing large horse pills, no bitter flavors, just a sweet sugary chewy gummy vitamin that almost reminds me of candy. I'm serious! Out of all the gummy vitamins I have tried this one is the best tasting. It's easy to find at your local drug store and it is reasonably priced. I feel that I'm getting the nutrient I need but don't feel like I'm taking a boring old vitamin. I have suggested this product to family because they despise taking vitamins. I'm glad they have come out with gummy form vitamins it makes it a pleasure to keep my health up.

A great tasting good for you vitamin

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

I think this is by far the best tasting way to take calcium for myself. I am 25 and had scoliosis surgery done about 13 years ago and have very weak bones. I was always told do not skip out on taking calcium supplements or drinking milk. I do not like milk! Fr ears I took big bulky calcium tablets that I dreaded taking everyday but didn't really have a choice. My sister who worked in a pharmacy told me about these and I told my orthopedic to make sure it was what I needed because it seemed too good to be true. He said it was fine and I take them everyday. They are absolutely delicious with berry and citrus flavors at an extremely low price. It's an easy and delicious way to remember and want to take what you should be taking for strong bones. I also read about the vitafusion gummies that a single serving has as much calcium as two six ounce cups of milk. That's really great especially if you're not a milk lover. It also says it supports bone health and has 500 mg of calcium. I love them and think they're great and believe they're helping keep my bones as strong as they can be.

Doesn't quite measure up

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

I used the Multivites Calcium for several months to support bone health. I chose the gummy form because I have problems swallowing capsules and tablets. The gummies are great tasting and easy to take. I also liked the product because it is all natural. No artificial flavors or colors are used, which is important to me. The gummies are free of many common allergens like milk, eggs and gluten. Two gummies provide 500 mg. of calcium and 1000 I.U's of Vitamin D3. I was pleased with that. But, there is no magnesium or boron in the product, which is also needed in combination with calcium and D to promote good bone health. The lack of magnesium and boron in the product was the reason I stopped using it. It is the reason I gave it a rating of only 6. I now use a product in drink form that provides calcium, magnesium and boron, to build strong bones. If you do use this product, keep it in a cool place. It is a gelatin product and will get sticky and melt.

No More Yucky Tablets!

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

These calcium vitamins are absolutely amazing! Why wouldn't I choose a gummy vitamin versus a yucky, huge and hard to swallow pill? I know I will be buying these gummy vitamins and will never again purchase the pills that used to cause me indigestion, nausea and a bad after taste. They are actually better than the average gummy bear because they're not as chewy and don't get stuck in your teeth like gummy bear candy does. It would be nice if they had less sugar, but the trade off is worth it. Make sure not to take too many though because it is high in vitamin D and it would be possible to easily over do it. Whether you need extra calcium, vitamins or fiber, Vitafusion definitely has a product that will meet your needs. My kids also love the fact that I take my gummy vitamin every morning just like they do. It's any easy way to teach healthy habits while keeping it fun. They taste great and don't cause indigestion, I recommend them to anyone that needs more calcium in their diet.

Really good tasting Calcium Gummy that's easy to chew

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

The Vitafusion Calcium gummies with Vitamin D are a great product that I use after my weight loss surgery to get in my calcium requirement. I tend to run low on Vitamin D so that helps as well. These taste great in a berry or orange cream swirl. They taste like eating candy so it makes it easier to remember to chew them. I take 3 a day and I spread them out every 2-3 hours so they will absorb better. The cost is good and I can usually find them on sale with a coupon to boot. They are the right type of calcium that will absorb well along with a good helping of Vitamin D. At 25 calories for 2 chews they can fit easily into any diet program. The 6 grams of carbs isn't bad even though it could be better if they left the sugar off. I like that they are colored with carrot, annatto and blueberry juice instead of using artificial colorings. I also like that they are gluten and soy free as I avoid both of those as well.

Great Vitamins!

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

I really like the Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins becuase they are very convenient to take, and they are not harsh on your stomach. Also, they are not the huge pills that you typically imagine when you think of Calcium vitamins. They are convenient because you don't need to be near water to take these. They are chewy vitamins, similar to gummy snacks. This makes it really easy to take these whenever you think about taking your vitamins.

I really love the VitaFusion brand, so when I saw they had Calcium Gummy Vitamins, I added them to my collection. They taste more like a candy than vitamin, so I will often take 2 of them (which is the serving size) after I eat my lunch so I am able to have something a little sweet while feeling like I am not eating something completely terrible for me. The orange, strawberry, and cherry flavors taste great while providing 50% of the daily Calcium amount that I need.

Awful tasting calcium supplements.

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

These supplements taste so bad! They are horrible and I have a hard time getting them down. If they weren't as expensive as they were, I would have thrown them in the trash can. First off each supplement was huge. It was hard getting it between my jaw. Then was even harder to try and chew. It was an hard substance all the way through and was hard to even start biting. Then it started to release it's horrible flavor. The one I had chosen was the purple, wild berry. Purple was my favorite color so I assumed it would be delicious. Sadly, it wasn't. It was absolutely disgusting. I almost vomited because it was so horrible. But, I finally forced it down with a whole glass of water. There were other flavors in the bottle but, I could not will myself to try them. The first one was just too bad. I eventually had to end of giving them to my dog. These vitamins taste SO bad! Do not buy or eat them.

healthy and tasty!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Vitafusion Calcium Gummy Vitamins:

If you are like me in neglecting your calcium intake, then this is the perfect vitamin for you. I take this calcium supplement/vitamin because I do not get enough calcium in my diet from foods and beverages. Taking this vitamin helps me remember to do that because I look forward to having it in the morning. If you care about your health and also like gummy candy, then I highly recommend Vitafusion Gummy Vitamins for you. They are very easy to take, unlike giant horsepill sort of vitamins, and they do not leave an aftertaste or have a funny smell. I take two every day, and I no longer worry about not getting enough calcium because I never forget to take my gummy vitamin (it's like a treat for me on top of being a health benefit). For this reason, it is great for kids as well. My little sister, who normally gets fussy about taking vitamins and/or medicine, had no problem taking this.