Other Minerals:
Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets
Rca_2014_normal

Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets

Cons

After gall bladder removal, had terrible diareha.

After I had my gall bladder removed, after eating I always got cramping and the runs and could not go anywhere if I ate, so if I  had to go anywhere I did'nt eat till I returned home. I now take half of a Caltrate after or before I eat and the problem is gone, after suffering for two years I'm able to have a normal life again. Still watch the fat intake but a lot of us have this problem after gall bladder removal and the doctors don't tell you anything about the outcome of not having a gall bladder.

New chewable taste awful.

After using chewable calcium tablets for 24 years and caltrate for the majority of that time, I was used to and liked the taste and texture. Why change if you are happy with the product, right? Now caltrate has a 'new and improved' version which tastes terrible, leaves a strong, unpleasant taste along with a chalky consistency. If only this new version is available, I will be looking for another brand. Pfizer, you made a mistake in trying to fix an un-broken wheel, probably driven purely by profit or some young rocket scientist who has never needed a calcium supplement.

Vitamin D

from India

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• Easy on Stomach
  • Easy To Swallow
  • Effective

• Children
    • Daily Use
    • Men
    • Older People
    • Supplement A Meal
    • Women

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

I was researching for Natural Vitamin D Sources when I first came to this website and from that time I have been a regular visitor with them. The blogs as well as the videos and information are reliable and I also confirmed the same from my Doctor as well. Now I have ample of knowledge about symptoms, benefits and need of Vitamin D for me and my family's health.

Easy to swallow with no dyes. Have not tried caltrate.

from Massachusetrts

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• Easy on Stomach
    • Easy To Swallow
    • Tastes Good

Cons

• Hard To Swallow

• Older People
    • Women

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

Looking for a smaller pill, calcium pills are to big to swallow, thanks.

Pleasant Surprise

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

I just started using Caltrate Calcium woth Vitamin D Tablets. They are great! I use to take a calcium & magnesium and my vitamin D separetly. The tablets were so big I use to have to cut them in half with pill cutter. Let me tell you it made me miserable to the point I would not take my vitamins. I would choke on them all the time. Something that you have to take every day should be easy and no get caught in your throat. I was never sure if the vitamins were going down or dissolving properly. I tried the Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D tablets and was amazed. They not only taste great they are chewable. It made my day. I now never forget to take my vitamins, (which I need), but I take them with joy. The taste is good, and they dissolve so easily to the point I'm researching what other vitamins I'm lacking that the brand Caltrate may make. I enjoy my vitamins now. Yes I will/would recommend these vitamins, and I'm excited about finding what other vitamins or supplements Caltrate make.

New chewable taste awful.

too big to swallow

from Rural Retreat, VA

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

My doctor recommended that I start taking calcium since I am over 50 now. I thought I would try these since they are from Caltrate and are one of the leading brands. These were huge, everytime I tried to swallow one I gagged. I kept on trying for a few days but finally it got to where I couldn't even try. I'm sure they are a good product but they are not for me. I wish they made one that were a little tablet which would be easier to swallow or even in gel like capsules, like fish oil, at least they would go down a little easier. Even if they coated these they might be a little easier to swallow. I don't know how anyone could possibly swallow them. I am still searching for a product that works well and is easy to take. I wish they had sample sizes of these kind of vitamins so people could try them before they purchase a big bottle that they can not use and then have to throw it away.

Good Vitamin

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

*I take this daily bc ...well lets face it....I am getting old....lol. It doesn't upset your stomach or cause other problems some vitamins do. It is easy to swallow but its pricey, but hey...don't cheap up on vitamins...thats a no no *

I never miss taking my Caltrate calcium with vitamin D Tablets

from Ecru, MS

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

I recently had weight loss surgey, the lapband. My bariatrics doctor recommended the Caltrate Brand Calcium with Vitamin D because of the nutrients that gets missed after bariatric surgeries. Calcium absorbs in the body much better with Vitamin D, so I knew when the doctor recommended a calcium vitamin with c, I knew that I needed to be taking it. I have done research on the different Calcium vitamins and keep finding that Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D is the best absorbing Calcium supplement on the market. From what I found from my research, when you take calcium,only a percentage is absorbed, and the rest is wasted. But with Caltrate Brand Calcium with Vatamin D, more is actually absorbed in your body, to help keep your bones strong, especially when you aren't taking in as much calcium that you need while on a bariatric type weight loss system. I never forget to take my Caltrate Calcium with Vatamin D. It is the best I have found.

Caltrate delivers!

from Randallstown, MD

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

I went to the doctor for my physical and was surprised to find out that my vitamin D levels were noticeably low. My doctor immediately recommended this Caltrate product to be taken twice a day. I like the face that Caltrate combines Calcium with Vitamin D because while my immediate need was for more Vitamin D, I also needed more Calcium intake as well. As a woman, Calcium levels are always important during child bearing years and beyond to keep the bone mass high now. I'm hoping that taking this product on a regular basis will help me for years to come with the Vitamin D issues as well as keeping my Calcium high. I was a little shocked to see how large these pills are. These are my far the biggest pill I have ever had to swallow and while it's not too difficult, I sometimes wonder if they could make them just a little smaller. I appreciate the fact that there is no aftertaste once I swallow the pill. I would definitely recommend this product to anyone who is having similar issues.

Easy to consume, wary of the ingredients

from Coloma, MI

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

By my late-20's i obtained been osteopenic and encouraged to health supplement implementing a minimal of 1,000 mg of lime scale every day. as a consequence of the facts I obtain other products and prescribed drugs daily, i obtained been hoping this chewable lime scale + nutritional D would handle to exchange strikes my morning hours glug of pills, in addition it's to some extent. Each chewable is regarding the dimension of the nickel, but thick. I explore it carries a fraudulent fairly sweet tastes to it, as well as regardless of the facts that not chalky, its not excellent either. However, every an person has 600 mg of lime scale and 400 mg of nutritional D, therefore i choose it to numerous within of one other non-chewables. i am not delighted that every an person carries a trace quantity of partially hydrogenated soybean essential oil in it, as that can quite possibly be trans fat. it might quite possibly appropriately not be much, but every one among many "trace" quantities we eat through the day time include up. To weigh the advantages and cons... Two chewable Caltrate versus swallowing 4-6 within of one other options, fruity tastes with 10 calories from fat every product versus Viactiv's with 1/2 gram of fat every chew, cost-effective as opposed to other lime scale chewable supplements. I give it five stars for cost, comfort and content material but much less one to the partially hydrogenated essential oil listed. I'll hold on to apply and recommend.

Caltrate Calcium w/ Vitamin D: building better bones

from Ukiah, CA

Comments about Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets:

Although I take a regular multi-vitaminmy doctor and I feel that I need a little more calcium in my diet and in these winter months when I am not outside nearly enough I also need the added support and an increase in vitamin D. My doctor actually recommending I start taking a calcium and vitamin D supplements and suggested I try Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets for bone health. If you're not getting enough calcium from food, then your body will steal it from your bones (and if you drink sodas it leaches calcium from your bones as well). And inadequate levels of calcium can lead to bone loss, osteoporosis and increased risk of fractures. Although women are more prone to this it doesn't just affect women. That's why my doctor suggested supplementing my diet with calcium and vitamin D. This all makes sense when you realize that adding vitamin D to your diet helps ensure that your body absorbs and retains the calcium. I included an increase in magnesium so that the calcium processes in my body better too (thanks to Dr. Oz for that little tidbit). Caltrate Calcium with Vitamin D Tablets is helping me to build better bones and a better future.