3.3
Other Photo Websites:
VistaPrint.com

VistaPrint.com

3.3

Pros

• Easy to use (4)

• Reviewer Profile:
    • Casual photographer (3)
    • No (4)

Your got it they promote it! Cards to T-Shirts and More

I first found out about **Vistaprint****.com** (after seeing many of their ads here there and everywhere offering free business cards) when my husband ordered a set of 250 business cards for a personal business venture.  Since then we have had many opportunities to use **Vistaprint****.com** for both personal and professional services.

**Vistaprint****.com** offers graphic design work, websites, promotional materials and more. Specific products range in type from t-shirts to business cards, tote bags to stationary. They even can help you with bumper stickers, magnets and websites. Got your own logo? Upload it and create. Need a logo? They can help you with that too.

I have used **Vistaprint****.com** for the following things: personal cards (believe it or not here in Houston women quite often have a "Mommy to ......  personal calling card made up so that when they meet people you can hand them out and hopefully schedule a playdate); business cards, tote bag and T-shirt. I have had business cards made for some of my husband and mine's private business ventures, the most recent one being a website named Great Beer Now. For the site we created t-shirts and business cards, to use when visiting beer establishments and to help promote the site.

Overall I have been very happy with the quality of the products that **Vistaprint****.com** provides.  The T-shirt was excellent quality - not cheap thing cotton material that is see through.  You should know these things:

- shipping is expensive

- you know that whole "suggestive selling" technique from fast food places, they have it down pat. For every page you enter or click next on you get another offer. It's a pain, but hey everyone's gotta make a buck right?

- Only certain products are free and you can only accept one free offer at a time. For example, if you get the free business cards they a)have to have vistaprint.com on the back of them and b) you can't order another free product you have to place a separate order.

Overall, **Vistaprint.com** does give the budding enterprenuer a leg up on design, graphics, promotion and marketing that they would not otherwise have.  It's a great place to start and finish your marketing job, if you can get past the suggestive (and overwhelming) sales that are pushed your way - and the cost of shipping.

HORRIBLE COMPANY...MUST READ REVIEW BEFORE USING VISTAPRINT

**AWFUL!!! MUST READ MY REVIEW** I order my FIRST set of wedding thank you cards in April of 2010. My wedding date was in August of 2010 so I wanted to ensure I had them in time. I kept checking on the status of my order and it kept saying "processing." By  mid June I was getting very frustrated. Keep in mind I had an order number, confirmation email, etc. of my order. I finally contacted VISTAPRINT about my order and they pretty much said my order was not on record and was never placed. So, I let them know how unhappy I was with them so they did give me a discount on my SECOND order (of the same wedding thank you cards I previously ordered). I thought maybe it was just a mistake and I looked past it and reordered the cards. This was in the middle of June of 2010. As I kept checking the status, it once again said it was still "processing." Well, I decided to contact them AGAIN towards the end of July and they once again told me there wasn't an order on file (however, I had yet another order number and confirmation email from them). After I responded about how furious I was because these were my WEDDING thank you cards, I received another email from them saying to check my bank account because maybe I didn't have enough funds to place the order. I was furious. I KNEW this was not the case as my husband and I were getting marrid in Hawaii, so if I couldn't afford thank you cards, then I def. wouldn't be getting married in Hawaii. Keep in mind I was the one that had to contact them regarding my order. I never had anyone from that company email or call me letting me know there was an issue with my order. I was just waiting and waiting for it til I had enough! VISTAPRINT is a horrible company and I want to warn everyone not to use them!!!

Service & web interface unreliable waste of time effort & $$

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

Wasted an Hour creating order. I ordered Over 250.00 worth of products went to check out and all was gone. Huge waste of effort and time. I made an account and it shoued an account number but did not register. If you attempt to create an order it is hit or miss if it will complete check out without erasing g everything you did. Instead google free business card maker and you can create the same thing just as cheap for business cards. Other products they offer can be purchased cheaper for better quality as well

Bad shipping

from Vernon Wisconsin

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

I ordered some checks from these people and I also ordered 1 extra check register. (same order) They were sent via UPS. They sent my one (!) check register in one shipment and the checks in another. I found the register inside my front door and the boxes of checks by my garage door. (2 UPS drivers to deliver one little box?) This bit of incompetence may be why we pay so much for shipping costs.

MY FAVORITE

from Chicago, IL

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • EXCELLENT customer service

• Holiday Cards

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

I have been using Vistaprint and other photo processing companies for a few years now and Vistaprint has THE BEST customer service! I never wait to get a person on the phone and they are always helpful and accommodating!

• Was this a gift?:

Vista Print Website Techs are just bad.

from Suisun City, CA.

Pros

• Compact
    • Durable
    • Easy to Use
    • Good Audio Quality
    • Nice Cs Hours

Cons

• Incompetent Web Techs
    • Many Ongoing Bad Issues
    • Refuse Outside Help
    • Refuse To Make Amends

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

I have used their Website Services for 4 years now.

Most years they have glitches in their web hosting abilities and have cleared them up in a week or so.

This year there have been 2 issues for the majority of the year, that cause me extra work and revenue as a small business.

Tehy refuse to hire outside web experts to solve the issues and just plod on using the same people that built the failed ObamaCare website. Proably not true. However, they are just as incompetent.

If I was not so busy. I would go to another company and rebuild my website. Might do that this winter in the slow season though.

As Vista Print does not seem to care. No offers to make amends.

TERRIBLE Experience!

from Texas

Pros

Cons

• Dishonest Advertising
        • Terrible Customer Service

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

I had a terrible experience with your company today. Please address all of these issues separately.

1) Your website doesn't work entirely on Mozilla Firefox. I checked on two different computers and had the same issue of not all the text showing up on your website. Please correct this issue or make a notice on your website that it should be used in Explorer or Chrome.

2) Your add-ons for business cards are purposely misleading. I was forced to pay a total of $32.00 ($16.00 per design) for colored backing on orders of 500 business cards. The website says the sale is $5.99 (and up, if you use Internet Explorer. The text didn't show up in Mozilla.) There is no chart to explain the difference in prices. When I spoke to the extremely obstinate and uncaring representative, they said, "Oh, to get an exact price, you have to ask for a quote." NO WHERE does it say that you must request a quote for an accurate price on the website when you are creating business cards. That is misleading and hook-sale advertising, and it is BAD BUSINESS.

3) I told the rep I expect a refund of the difference between the posted sales price of $5.99 and the total I was charged (according to the email I received). The representative told me the email was wrong and I was only charged $11.99 each design for the colored backing, which is STILL $6.00 per order more than I was informed by the website that I would be paying. Your representative, of course, refused. "Oh, I can't refund that. The website says 'and up.'" No. No. No. The website does not EVEN give a chart to explain the 'and up' prices. MISLEADING!

The bottom line is that your sales are misleading and immoral. You hide your prices, and you do not mention anywhere on your site that businesses should request a quote before ordering to avoid any extra charges. I am frankly shocked that Vistaprint has resorted to these terrible tactics to squeeze money out of small businesses. I used to use you for all my printing needs, but I think I will probably find another company to use unless you can correct this issue immediately.

Terrible Quality

from Lansing, MI

About Me Casual Photographer

Pros

• Easy to Use

Cons

• Poor Image Quality

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

I ordered checks from VistaPrint and the quality of the printing was terrible. Lines and text are blurry, it's like they had a grayscale copy of a check and sent that to press. If you look closely solid lines are dotted and the paper quality is just this side of junior high toilet paper. I won't order from them again.

Vista Print

Pros

• Easy to Use
            • Great Picture Quality

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

Vista Print is an easy to use sight - very affordable with 2 GIGANTIC SHORTCOMINGS.

1. You CANNOT order a hard copy proof of your work. Soft proot only work if you have a calibrated monitor, which only graphic professionals use.

2. You cannot get a PDF copy of your work without the work PROOF watermaked on the item.

VISTA PRINT WANT TO MAINTAIN CONTROL OF YOUR WORK. I need working copies both electronic and print that are identical.

I would never use them again after the hours I spend working on my brochure. I will work with a professional graphic artist so I can make changes, edit and maintain control of my work.

Pretty Good Site

from Utah

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

We used VistaPrint to get business cards printed, and they turned out quite well. We received a first-time user deal where we could receive 250 free business cards if we paid the shipping (which was not very much money).

Not recommended

from Joplin, MO

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

Sure, vistaprint.com has a variety of products and a myriad of options for personalizing them, as well as great sales now and then and all the free stuff they offer first-time costumers, but really, their costumer service is terrible, they leave themselves all kinds of loopholes so that they don´t have to honor their coupons and their website is so slow!

It's great but the prices have gone up a bit

Comments about VistaPrint.com:

I have been a customer or Vista Print for over eight years. Although their prices have gone up quite a bit, I love the quality of their business and post cards. Years ago, I would order 100 free postcards and 250 free business cards. Never the less, those days are long gone. I no longer order weekly like I did within the past. Instead, I wait for a promo code on the television or coupon site before I place my orders. My favorite thing about Vista Print is the ability to upload full designs and logos to all of their products and services. I am not a fan of their designs, so I would create a postcard in Photoshop and then upload it to Vista Print as a full design. From there I would review my order, pay for printing and wait for my creation to come in the mail.