4.9
Other Mortgage Lenders:
Veterans United Home Loans

Summary

At Veterans United Home Loans, we set ourselves apart from other mortgage companies through our specialized knowledge of the VA Loan, bevy of personal finance resources and dedication to provide the highest level of customer service available to veterans, service members and their families.

Veterans United Home Loans is the nations leading dedicated provider of VA Home Loans. Visit www.veteransunited.com to get started with your VA Home Loan today!

Veterans United Home Loans is an equal housing lender and not affiliated with any government agencies, including the VA. NMLS ID #1907

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:

Don't get a VA Loan from anyone else except Veteran's United

Home purchasing is always a little hectic. Veterans United did a good job of keep this chaos to a minimum for the majority the home buying process. If you're going to use Veterans United you'll need to keep on top of things a little better than I did, because when you start the process they want to keep the process moving quickly so as not to have any last minutes things lingering that might jeopardize your home purchase. If you're looking for a place to get a VA Loan just use this company, they know how the process works and will educate you if you need it.

Not what we were expecting :-(

Not sure how my scoring my experience a 6 relates to us having a "great experience." We are not totally happy customers. Two loan officers and 60 days to close when you have a near 800 credit score seems a little unreal. Get told you need flood insurance when you don't and then get told "thats the way it is" is also unreal, especially after providing FEMA maps and surveys. It took my insurance agent to get the correct certificate. Email replies to phone messages instead of a phone calls back. Closing dates kept getting extended. Just not the kind of service I was expecting from an organization that prides itself for helping veterans. Just happy to finally be in our new home.

Not what we were expecting :-(

from Rio Grande Valley, Texas

Very satisfied

from Grants pass, oregon

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

I had a great experience with Veterans United, Daniel Lowe's and his team. The process was stress-free, quick, and thorough. I felt confident having them process my refinance.. Everything was done online or over the phone and was very easy. I would recommend Veterans United and Daniel Lowes and his team to anybody that needs to process a VA loan.

Amazing group!

from Port St. Lucie, Florida

Great team!

First time homebuyers

from Huber Heights ,Ohio

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Im not an employee like its asking so unsure what to out but here is our experience so far. I was was scared to death about this process and Jeff M walked me through it with my husband , we are getting a Va home loan. He said don't worry it will all be okay and we will work as fast as we can to get you all taken care of. The loan was just switched over to underwirting who has a few conditional things(nothing that doesn't seem normal to us) he seems ready and eager to finish it up and kind also. Hopefully it will end great . We are supposed to close by the end of the month so wish us luck and yes i will update everyone if it went through smoothly and who else has taken it over,
thanks and godbless
Ronald and Ashley T

Overall great experience!

from Olathe, Kansas

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

I initially contacted Veterans United after finding their website through a Google search. My initial contact was with a loan officer name Daniel, whose professional and courteous attitude gave a me a very favorable first impression of the company. Daniel patiently explained the loan process and helped me and my wife pre-qualify for a loan. When my wife and I decided we wanted to purchase a home in Kansas, Daniel referred us to his colleague, Angela Sanders, who is licensed through the State of Kansas. My wife and I received the same courteous and professional service from Angela, and from her assistant, Catie. Angela and Catie did an outstanding job assisting us and showed great patience as we navigated through the loan process. I must also point out that Daniel, Angela, and Catie made me feel appreciated as a veteran, for which I am sincerely grateful. But Veterans United and their professional staff also deserves much praise for the outstanding service they provide to service members and veterans. My wife and I highly recommend Veterans United! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

Awesome Home Loan Experience

from West End, NC

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

My entire process of obtaining a VA backed home loan through Veteran's United was excellent. Bill Abney, loan processor was friendly and professional. He always answered my questions in a timely and professional manner. He explained all my options available to me and recommended numerous options to allow me to buy my retirement home. Presley, his assistant, could have been any more helpful. She responded to all queries in a timely manner and resolved most issues before they became issues. Even on the day of closing when a small issue arose, Presley was on it and resolved it without delaying our closing. Every person I had contact with other than Bill and Presley were nothing but helpful as well. Overall a great experience that I would recommend to any veteran.

Home Loan for Retired Veteran

from Vero Beach, Florida

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Veterans United is simply the best place for a Veteran to go for a home loan! They are a one stop shop. They provide the loan officer, recommend agents that are on your side and know the ins and outs of using your VA benefits! Jason Windsor was my loan officer. He provided all the information that I needed, watched for the best time to lock the interest rate in. He also referred me to Nancy Yeager who then got me in touch with an agent! That agent was Beth Hoppe. She was great! We found our home, put in a n offer. Everything went smoothly. I cannot say enough about how awesome my experience was with this company and its people! They are true professionals that care about you as an individual, not just another number!

My first experience

from Cheyenne, Wyoming

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

First time using my VA loan; I shopped around as much as I could and VU kept coming up. Now, I am usually quite gun shy about any firm or company that I hear about thru and internet search so I went to the site and read the good and bad reviews. Sure, never going to please 100% of the people all the time; what I was impressed with though was that the CEO of VU took time from his schedule to write back and try to address issues (if needed) or just say thanks to people that wrote comments. That tells me there is a top down approach to leadership in this company so I went ahead and called. My credit isn't perfect, I think everyone (in some way) was affected by the stock market and housing stuff a few years ago. I have been re-building it and figured, why not. Oops, not quite the score they needed; but, not to worry - immediately they sent me to the lighthouse group who worked with me to get my credit where it needed be - FREE - yep, no cost. After my credit score hit where it needed to they sent me across to Cooper, my loan officer. For VU- this man is Awesome! He lead me right thru the process, easy, simple, no problems, heck it was much easier than the conventional loan I got for the house I sold. Didn't have a realtor so, Cooper sends me to a partner organization veterans Realty - they ask where I am purchasing, call a local realtor, make the introductions and BAM off we go - best house buying experience ever!!! All the way thru VU was in constant contact with me, letting me know where they were and what was happening. Closing was simple, easy no problems and no surprises! Thanks again guys, this was awesome, you all are awesome and when any vet asks about where to go I am sending them to you.

Outstanding Service!

from Weatherford, TX

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

I just closed my house on 3/31/15. From start to finish Veterans United and my loan officer, Darin Jobe, were very easy to work with and were not at all hard to contact. The flow of communication was without a doubt some of the best I've ever seen in any industry. Once again OUTSTANDING service.

Veteran's United-Love These Guys!!

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Veteran's United and our team was extremely helpful and efficient in making our home purchase (2nd time we've used them) this year go well. They were communicative and answered any questions we had quickly and thoroughly. They even sent us a personalized welcome mat with our name on it that we were able to use in the new home. If you are looking for a good VA loan provider, look no further than Veteran's United!!