4.9
Other Mortgage Lenders:
Veterans United Home Loans

Summary

At Veterans United Home Loans, we set ourselves apart from other mortgage companies through our specialized knowledge of the VA Loan, bevy of personal finance resources and dedication to provide the highest level of customer service available to veterans, service members and their families.

Veterans United Home Loans is the nations leading dedicated provider of VA Home Loans. Visit www.veteransunited.com to get started with your VA Home Loan today!

Veterans United Home Loans is an equal housing lender and not affiliated with any government agencies, including the VA. NMLS ID #1907

4.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:

Don't get a VA Loan from anyone else except Veteran's United

Home purchasing is always a little hectic. Veterans United did a good job of keep this chaos to a minimum for the majority the home buying process. If you're going to use Veterans United you'll need to keep on top of things a little better than I did, because when you start the process they want to keep the process moving quickly so as not to have any last minutes things lingering that might jeopardize your home purchase. If you're looking for a place to get a VA Loan just use this company, they know how the process works and will educate you if you need it.

STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!! You've been warned!!!

A WARNING TO ALL THE STARRY EYED, IDYLLIC NEW HOMEOWNERS: Veterans United has ruined our lives. They claim to be dedicated to the military and veterans. They are NOT! When unique challenges of military service complicate things, they turn their backs on the very veterans they promise to help. After 5 years of being loyal customers, with a perfect payment history, Veterans United is poised to ruin everything we have built in our adult lives. We bought two homes with VU, and loved the company, they were wonderful. We had every intention with buying another home with VU. Then, after 5 years, we received orders and put our home on the market. When multiple potential buyers of our home couldn't get financing, and the housing market in Hawaii crashed, we were forced to PCS with our home still for sale. With a short term rental secured until our home in Hawaii sold, and we could buy a new home at our new duty station, we were still hopeful. Unfortunately we took an almost $4,000 a month pay cut when we PCS'ed, and the cost of our mortgage in Hawaii and rent in our new duty station became too much. We called Veterans United multiple times explaining the situation and asking for help while we struggled to pay both rent and our mortgage. We were assured we could get a short term forbearance and suspend payments until our house sold for up to 6 months, problem solved. Renting our home in Hawaii was not an option since we were going planning to buy at our new duty location. In the interim we accepted an offer on our house in Hawaii. Knowing we had a closing date, we called VU again and they said the forbearance was set. Trusting the VU on that call was our next mistake. They said the forbearance we taken care of on our account and they would send over paperwork to sign and it would be done. Instead they reported our home 30 days late to the credit bureaus, tanking our credit 100 points. We called again and explained that due to our required military ordered PCS we were forced

STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!! You've been warned!!!

from Sunderland, ME

Wonderful Company

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

All the staff was kind and prompt with getting all paperwork to us in a quick manner. As first time home buyers they made the process a breeze. Nick Holman made us feel very confident that we would qualify for a loan by showing us his confidence in the pre-approval process. I would highly recommend Veterans United to anyone looking for a home, and a company that truly cares for its clients. My wife and I got married, and the day of our marriage we had flowers on our front doorstep when we got home that VU had sent to us. What a great gestor they showed. I would absolutely and highly recommend VU to anyone and everyone. Thanks a lot Nick Holman and his team!

The only choice in Veterans Loans

from Ash Fork, AZ

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

The packet VU sends really makes the purchasing experience simple, and fast.Yes he did, Jose acted and responded quickly and the loan process was a breeze. The packet VU sends really makes the purchasing experience simple, and fast.

We recommend Veterans United Home Loans for a veteran loan.

from Temple, Texas

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

We had no problems with our loan process. It was so much better than first home loan with did 45 years ago with a with a savings and loan. All our questions were answered right away and we had all the help we needed from our loan officer.

Excellent Customer Service

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Great customer service and communicated extremely well. I was able to get the home I wanted thanks to Veterans United.

Blessed because of Veteran Homes!

from Panama City, Fl

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

With trying to get on my feet for the last 4 years and trying to fix everything that comes with unexpected life choices, I was hitting dead ends for getting into a home. I was losing hope for myself to get myself and my two sweet boys with special needs in a safer home. I was forced to rent a dingy mold apartment and paying high rent that seem to just keep creeping up! My credit was bad and i had a short sale,so needless to say I wasn't desirable for mortgage companies.
Then I came across Veteran Homes and was highly recommended to seek out Patrick Richardson. Turns out he was more than highly qualified, he knew his stuff inside out. Blew me away! So what about you? What's stopping you? Perhaps you need a highly recommended person too...so here is what you need to do:
Step 1 call Veteran Homes (go on do it)
Step 2 ask for Patrick Richardson and his team
Step 3 have faith
Step 4 start planning how you'll decorate your new home. Good luck and trust me.

Amazing personal customer service. Treated like a person.

from Gainesville, FL

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Great flexible personal service. Really took the time to understand my timeline and real needs with a smooth follow through from start to close. For all the veterans ready to make the move to a new home - great place to get the financing piece done!

Veterinarians United

from Johnston R.I.

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Great easy, quick experience with knowledgeable people that answered every question and made a difficult process easy as a walk in the park, I thank all of the representatives deeply there's no place anyone should consider except veterans United

VETERANS UNITED IS THE BEST - WE CLOSED 20 DAYS EARLY

from Warwick, RI

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Derek Flook-Lorber and Amanda Henselman were the best, A++++. The entire process from pre-approval to closing day was easy, painless and seamless. Their knowIedge of the VA home loan process combined with their professional and friendly attitude made me wish I had done this sooner. When I needed to contact them they either answered the phone on the first ring, or is they were not available got back to me in a timely manner. I even received calls on a weekend day. How's that for dedication. I am sure their knowledge of the VA process and what the underwriters would need to approve the mortgage is why we were able to close 20 days early! THANK YOU DEREK & AMANDA for helping us to obtain our dream home. I will definitely be referring you to other veterans.

Exceptional service

from New York-Long Island

Comments about Veterans United Home Loans:

Made the process easy and explained everything!!