10,558 reviews

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (1597), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (175)

Refinancing our loan with Quicken, turned out good.

We were looking to refinance our mortgage, but got declined when the reappraisal came in $60,000.00 lower in just 2 years.  Out of the blue, we got a call from Adam Throop of Quicken Loans.  We never heard of Quicken Loans. Adam explained we could refinance and we needed to place a $500.00 refundable deposit.  This seemed strange but decided to go ahead.  The ball got rolling, so to speak, and we began to fill in the forms on the internet and then faxing information.  Again, out of the blue, we received a call from another mortgage lender (don't remember name) who bad-mouthed Quicken Loans.  This call created doubt in our minds but never mentioned this call to Adam.  We put our trust in the Lord and believed this (Quicken) was the correct way to go.  The Lord takes care of everything including refinancing.  Our process took longer that estimated because of a home equity line of credit or a second mortgage.  Our bank (home equity line of credit - second mortgage) had problems accepting emails and phone calls.  I needed to get personnally involved and stay on top of our bank to get them to process the correct paperwork back to Quicken.  Bottom line:  all is well that ends well.  We got our refinancing, at the rate quoted by Adam, and the closing was done in our home.

We live in the eastern time zone and Adam was in Arizona.  Getting in touch with Adam was difficult at times.  We phoned Quicken in Michigan and usually got the information we needed.  Quicken provides many ways to communicate and sometimes a customer needs to use other means to get information.  At times we experienced some frustation but then Quicken had provided other means to communicate.  Knowing this, eased much of our frustation. In refinancing, information and communiation are key.  Quicken provided both.

T & MA

Tennessee

Underwhelmed and unimpressed - happy it's over

My husband and I were referred to Quicken Loans by a friend who had just completed a refinance on her home. We were interested in doing the same, and since she had a successful experience with them we decided to give them a try.  We were also swayed by the fact that our mortgage banker was a friend of a friend.  Upon our initial contact, this woman was very nice and assured me that she would go to bat for us and get us the absolute best deal she could because we were friends of her last customer.  She said that 80% of her business was referral.

I have two major issues with the way our refi was handled. (1) lack of communication and (2) the seemingly endless stream of requests for various documents and other information.  Our mortgage banker, Jenny, stopped communicating with us for the most part once we hit an unexpected snag with our home appraisal. We even had problems getting in touch with the agent that worked with her and was supposed to be our primary contact for information and assistance.  It felt as if the moment we needed help - this was our first refi ever - no one wanted to call us back or even email us.  And when the topic of discussion was something that needed to be dealt with through a personal phone call, we would instead receive very vague, short emails. It was incredibly frustrating, trying to work through the process and not being able to get straight answers or even a courtesy call.

My 2nd issue, the paperwork. Although I give props to Quicken for their extremely user-friendly website that allows you to see what you've submitted and what is still needed, we were constantly being asked to provide more and more.  We were happy to give them every single thing they needed, however, I find it hard to believe that they don't seem to know from the beginning what documents they need for a refi.  Every day we would start off fresh, our list would show that we provided all that they asked for, and the next thing you know we're being asked for more bank statements, something else to be signed and faxed, a letter from this place.  It felt as if we were the first refi they ever conducted.  Even at the end of the process, when their own system showed we had completed everything, they asked us for yet another piece of paperwork.

For my husband and I, refinancing with Quicken Loans was a stressfull and frustrating experience. At the beginning we had given Jenny's number to two different friends as possible referrals. We ended up telling both to throw the information away because we couldn't bare the idea that they may have the experience that we did.  I am eternally glad that it is done and I will not have to deal with them again.  As a former customer service supervisor, I understand all too well the demands of dealing with the public but I also understand that a call back to a customer, even when you might not have all the answers, goes a long way towards keeping them happy.  This is a lesson that they need to learn.  Jenny let us down and did not follow through with the promises she so earnestly made me on the phone.  She did not even get us the deal that she originally quoted us, nor did she explain to my satisfaction why she didn't.  In the end, this refi not only cost us about $10,000 that we didn't expect, but it cost us a lot of mental anguish as well.  The rates will have to hit rock bottom before I ever consider putting myself and my husband through this again.

awesome

from Harrison, Ohio

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I did not receive a 'sample'. Would have been nice...extra money. I did receive a home loan and also a loan for improvements. Both loans were so easy to do and everyone, yes, everyone was so easy to work with!!

I would work with QL again

from Hampton, VA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I apologize for not remembering their respective positions, but I would like to acknowledge that Mr. John Books was great. He was responsive. He kept me informed, and I was extremely comfortable, and confident that he was going to deliver. Lisa Petro, not so much, she was not responsive, she did not put a lot of effort in assisting me with acquiring the proper homeowner's insurance. I retained a homeowner's policy twice only to be told on both occasions that it was the wrong policy. It probably would have helped, considering that I did not know exactly what I needed in a policy if my representative would have assisted me in speaking to the agent to clarify exactly what the policy needed to cover, as a result we had to move the closing date to the right.

Easiest way to refinance

from Wagoner, Ok

Comments about Quicken Loans:

A few phone and submitting documents by taking a picture with your phone and uploading to the online app were the main reasons I found Quicken Loans to be so user friendly. Things happened very fast and smooth except for waiting on the appraisal report to get to them. That took some time (10 days). The people were all friendly, and they wanted to find a way to give you a loan, instead of trying to find a reason not to.

Pretty Positive Experience

from Fort Washington, MD

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Our contacts Hunter and Sandra were pleasant, thorough and easily accessible. I would definitely work with him again.

Literally Couldn't Have Been Better

from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania

Comments about Quicken Loans:

QuickenLoans made the mortgage process incredibly simple and way less terrifying than it is made out to be. From the very beginning of the process every single person I spoke with was friendly, helpful, and seemed to genuinely care about me and my family during the home buying process. Tony Larkins and Dionne Durden, specifically, were my two primary points of contact and I almost miss talking to them every day because they made everything so, so easy for me.

The user interface on QuickenLoans MyQL site is magnificent. It features a ToDo list that includes everything they need from you. It also has a message board and live chat feature for any questions that popped up during the process - and there are a bunch - so I loved being able to access them literally whenever I needed to.

I would absolutely recommend QuickenLoans to anyone looking for a home loan and I would absolutely use them again in the future. I appreciate their dedication to providing exceptional customer service and it was evident from start to finish.

I would seek this company again!

from Upstate NY

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The team assigned to review and resolve my refinancing needs was top notch!
QL mission and vision for customer satisfaction was far exceeded by the teams performance. Totally impressed!

Excellent Service!

from Riverton, Utah

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I was hesitant at first to use Quicken Loans for my refinance, but I am grateful that I did. I am totally impressed with the customer service. They responded immediately with any questions I had. They also kept me updated with the process of the refinance. It was very smooth and trouble free. They even scheduled the signing around my schedule and I was able to sign documents in my own home. I am very satisfied with the whole process. I have recommended them to all my family and friends.

Great experience!

from Princeton Tx

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Would use quicken loans again!

quick and easy

from rathdrum, idaho

quick and easy refi

I would use quicken loans again and again

from Biglerville pa

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The customer care team is awesome and they get things done quickly and are always available if you need them