10,006 reviews

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (1392), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (146)

Refinancing our loan with Quicken, turned out good.

We were looking to refinance our mortgage, but got declined when the reappraisal came in $60,000.00 lower in just 2 years.  Out of the blue, we got a call from Adam Throop of Quicken Loans.  We never heard of Quicken Loans. Adam explained we could refinance and we needed to place a $500.00 refundable deposit.  This seemed strange but decided to go ahead.  The ball got rolling, so to speak, and we began to fill in the forms on the internet and then faxing information.  Again, out of the blue, we received a call from another mortgage lender (don't remember name) who bad-mouthed Quicken Loans.  This call created doubt in our minds but never mentioned this call to Adam.  We put our trust in the Lord and believed this (Quicken) was the correct way to go.  The Lord takes care of everything including refinancing.  Our process took longer that estimated because of a home equity line of credit or a second mortgage.  Our bank (home equity line of credit - second mortgage) had problems accepting emails and phone calls.  I needed to get personnally involved and stay on top of our bank to get them to process the correct paperwork back to Quicken.  Bottom line:  all is well that ends well.  We got our refinancing, at the rate quoted by Adam, and the closing was done in our home.

We live in the eastern time zone and Adam was in Arizona.  Getting in touch with Adam was difficult at times.  We phoned Quicken in Michigan and usually got the information we needed.  Quicken provides many ways to communicate and sometimes a customer needs to use other means to get information.  At times we experienced some frustation but then Quicken had provided other means to communicate.  Knowing this, eased much of our frustation. In refinancing, information and communiation are key.  Quicken provided both.

T & MA

Tennessee

Underwhelmed and unimpressed - happy it's over

My husband and I were referred to Quicken Loans by a friend who had just completed a refinance on her home. We were interested in doing the same, and since she had a successful experience with them we decided to give them a try.  We were also swayed by the fact that our mortgage banker was a friend of a friend.  Upon our initial contact, this woman was very nice and assured me that she would go to bat for us and get us the absolute best deal she could because we were friends of her last customer.  She said that 80% of her business was referral.

I have two major issues with the way our refi was handled. (1) lack of communication and (2) the seemingly endless stream of requests for various documents and other information.  Our mortgage banker, Jenny, stopped communicating with us for the most part once we hit an unexpected snag with our home appraisal. We even had problems getting in touch with the agent that worked with her and was supposed to be our primary contact for information and assistance.  It felt as if the moment we needed help - this was our first refi ever - no one wanted to call us back or even email us.  And when the topic of discussion was something that needed to be dealt with through a personal phone call, we would instead receive very vague, short emails. It was incredibly frustrating, trying to work through the process and not being able to get straight answers or even a courtesy call.

My 2nd issue, the paperwork. Although I give props to Quicken for their extremely user-friendly website that allows you to see what you've submitted and what is still needed, we were constantly being asked to provide more and more.  We were happy to give them every single thing they needed, however, I find it hard to believe that they don't seem to know from the beginning what documents they need for a refi.  Every day we would start off fresh, our list would show that we provided all that they asked for, and the next thing you know we're being asked for more bank statements, something else to be signed and faxed, a letter from this place.  It felt as if we were the first refi they ever conducted.  Even at the end of the process, when their own system showed we had completed everything, they asked us for yet another piece of paperwork.

For my husband and I, refinancing with Quicken Loans was a stressfull and frustrating experience. At the beginning we had given Jenny's number to two different friends as possible referrals. We ended up telling both to throw the information away because we couldn't bare the idea that they may have the experience that we did.  I am eternally glad that it is done and I will not have to deal with them again.  As a former customer service supervisor, I understand all too well the demands of dealing with the public but I also understand that a call back to a customer, even when you might not have all the answers, goes a long way towards keeping them happy.  This is a lesson that they need to learn.  Jenny let us down and did not follow through with the promises she so earnestly made me on the phone.  She did not even get us the deal that she originally quoted us, nor did she explain to my satisfaction why she didn't.  In the end, this refi not only cost us about $10,000 that we didn't expect, but it cost us a lot of mental anguish as well.  The rates will have to hit rock bottom before I ever consider putting myself and my husband through this again.

Very smooth process, very friendly people

from Tacoma, WA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Friendly, considerate, and knowledgeable people. Relatively quick process. I did have a question about the VA approval, but that was on the appraiser, not Quickenloans.... The ONLY concern I had was at the very end of the process. I had been told that all my creditor checks (to pay off some credit cards) would be hand delivered via UPS with a signature required for security/safety reasons. When I got home the day they were delivered, the checks were just sitting there on my front porch in a UPS envelope... even though my wife had been home ALL DAY. With the PNW weather the way it is (rainy) and the very real theft problem we have in our neighborhood, finding tens of thousands of dollars in checks just sitting out on my front porch was a bit disconcerting. HOWEVER, everything else about this process was practically perfect. Would not hesitate to use QL again.

Excellent, Smooth, and Transparent Process

from New York, NY

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Quicken Loan's process was very transparent since the beginning. Communication was always precise and concise and effective. All steps progressed very smoothly without any overhead. I am very happy and content with the result of the loan application.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Great experience with quicken loans !

from New Vienna,oh

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Really appreciate how professional the team at Quicken Loans is. They have an expert for every part of the loan experience. I would recommend to anyone looking to buy a home and needing a loan

Amazing Experience

from Gilroy, California

Comments about Quicken Loans:

My refinance was proceseed so quickly, hassle free and the ability to upload documents quick made the hole thing go so fast. I could not be happier and truly appreciate the respect for my time.

Excellent

from Davie, FL

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Communication was excellent and agents and representatives were very professional, accommodating and helpful. The process of refinancing our mortgage took a bit longer than I expected, but it was done without any other difficulty. They came to our house for final document signatures and, although some companies can offer electronic services, it was a convenient and quick visit. Bottom line is we got a good interest rate. Overall an excellent experience. I highly recommend using Quicken Loans!

Super Helpful

from Oakland

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Quicken Loans was extremely helpful and informative every step of the way. They were quick to respond to any question I had and resolve any and all concerns. They also worked closely with me to make sure I received the best loan package.

Absolutely the BEST mortgage company EVER!!!!!

from Miami FL

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I have used Quicken Loans twice now and will never use another mortgage company again. Simple, quick, user friendly just love these guys.

Second time, better than the first.

from Houston,Texas

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Second time to work with Quicken Loans. First time was simple and a pleasure and this time was more of the same, only somehow they got us closed even quicker. Love the step by step help and the myql site make everything so easy. If I ever need another mortgage loan you can bet I will be going back to Quicken Loans. Best customer support there is.

Very easy process

from Huntington Beach, CA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

So easy to refinance my home, they had it done in 30 days from my original inquiry.

Quick & Efficient

from New Jersey

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Easy and painless process. All on line.