10,084 reviews

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (1548), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (170)

Refinancing our loan with Quicken, turned out good.

We were looking to refinance our mortgage, but got declined when the reappraisal came in $60,000.00 lower in just 2 years.  Out of the blue, we got a call from Adam Throop of Quicken Loans.  We never heard of Quicken Loans. Adam explained we could refinance and we needed to place a $500.00 refundable deposit.  This seemed strange but decided to go ahead.  The ball got rolling, so to speak, and we began to fill in the forms on the internet and then faxing information.  Again, out of the blue, we received a call from another mortgage lender (don't remember name) who bad-mouthed Quicken Loans.  This call created doubt in our minds but never mentioned this call to Adam.  We put our trust in the Lord and believed this (Quicken) was the correct way to go.  The Lord takes care of everything including refinancing.  Our process took longer that estimated because of a home equity line of credit or a second mortgage.  Our bank (home equity line of credit - second mortgage) had problems accepting emails and phone calls.  I needed to get personnally involved and stay on top of our bank to get them to process the correct paperwork back to Quicken.  Bottom line:  all is well that ends well.  We got our refinancing, at the rate quoted by Adam, and the closing was done in our home.

We live in the eastern time zone and Adam was in Arizona.  Getting in touch with Adam was difficult at times.  We phoned Quicken in Michigan and usually got the information we needed.  Quicken provides many ways to communicate and sometimes a customer needs to use other means to get information.  At times we experienced some frustation but then Quicken had provided other means to communicate.  Knowing this, eased much of our frustation. In refinancing, information and communiation are key.  Quicken provided both.

T & MA

Tennessee

Underwhelmed and unimpressed - happy it's over

My husband and I were referred to Quicken Loans by a friend who had just completed a refinance on her home. We were interested in doing the same, and since she had a successful experience with them we decided to give them a try.  We were also swayed by the fact that our mortgage banker was a friend of a friend.  Upon our initial contact, this woman was very nice and assured me that she would go to bat for us and get us the absolute best deal she could because we were friends of her last customer.  She said that 80% of her business was referral.

I have two major issues with the way our refi was handled. (1) lack of communication and (2) the seemingly endless stream of requests for various documents and other information.  Our mortgage banker, Jenny, stopped communicating with us for the most part once we hit an unexpected snag with our home appraisal. We even had problems getting in touch with the agent that worked with her and was supposed to be our primary contact for information and assistance.  It felt as if the moment we needed help - this was our first refi ever - no one wanted to call us back or even email us.  And when the topic of discussion was something that needed to be dealt with through a personal phone call, we would instead receive very vague, short emails. It was incredibly frustrating, trying to work through the process and not being able to get straight answers or even a courtesy call.

My 2nd issue, the paperwork. Although I give props to Quicken for their extremely user-friendly website that allows you to see what you've submitted and what is still needed, we were constantly being asked to provide more and more.  We were happy to give them every single thing they needed, however, I find it hard to believe that they don't seem to know from the beginning what documents they need for a refi.  Every day we would start off fresh, our list would show that we provided all that they asked for, and the next thing you know we're being asked for more bank statements, something else to be signed and faxed, a letter from this place.  It felt as if we were the first refi they ever conducted.  Even at the end of the process, when their own system showed we had completed everything, they asked us for yet another piece of paperwork.

For my husband and I, refinancing with Quicken Loans was a stressfull and frustrating experience. At the beginning we had given Jenny's number to two different friends as possible referrals. We ended up telling both to throw the information away because we couldn't bare the idea that they may have the experience that we did.  I am eternally glad that it is done and I will not have to deal with them again.  As a former customer service supervisor, I understand all too well the demands of dealing with the public but I also understand that a call back to a customer, even when you might not have all the answers, goes a long way towards keeping them happy.  This is a lesson that they need to learn.  Jenny let us down and did not follow through with the promises she so earnestly made me on the phone.  She did not even get us the deal that she originally quoted us, nor did she explain to my satisfaction why she didn't.  In the end, this refi not only cost us about $10,000 that we didn't expect, but it cost us a lot of mental anguish as well.  The rates will have to hit rock bottom before I ever consider putting myself and my husband through this again.

I would use Quicken again to refinance.

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Quick and fairly easy to refinance during a rough period in life.

Loved Working With Quicken Loans

from Fleming Island, Fl

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Jacob Rutila and his team were fantastic! As a first time home buyer they really walked me through the whole process and took away a lot of the stress. They were always available and very responsive. Great team!

The best experience I had with a lender, very professional

from Livermore, CA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Quicken Loans was very easy to work with. I very much appreciated the communication via online. When/if I wanted to reach someone in person, it was really easy. Always returned my calls. Very professional. I am glad I selected Quicken.

If and when i purchase real estate,i will use quicken

from Magnolia,de

Comments about Quicken Loans:

We were unsure about applying for a mortgage via internet but we took the chance and it proved to be the best choice.it was easy because everyone made it easy.thank you for offering such excellence service.

Home loan

from North canton ohio

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I refinance my home for a lower rate. I did like response times when I communicated with staff but we did receive multiple phone calls during work hours asking for us to call and when we did call back it wasn't necessary. I even told them my work schedule and availability during week but still received multiple calls. The loan was processed fast. Just lots of paperwork. Much more than I was ever used to and phone calls I felt weren't necessary. But in end I have a quickly processed lower rate home loan and that's what I needed. And when I did have a question response time was good

Blake Carpenter at Qucken Loans was AMAZING to deal with.

from Chespeake, Virginia

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Blake Carpenter at Quicken Loans was able to pull off what seemed impossible. He helped my son and I get a new mortgage and got us out of the home equity line of credit so fast that we weren't stuck having to pay the bank the higher fee's of our home equity line. He got us to closing in a few weeks from getting the house appraised to closing. Now I know why they call it Quicken Loans. We never had to take off work because he worked after hours and we could do everything we needed by phone.

Heavy into customer service and support!

from Kingman Arizona

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I recently closed my mortgage loan with Quicken, and was impressed by the service. When I didn't understand something, they explained it. Very matter of fact, not condescending, and when a snag occurred, they helped me to find what was needed.

I find out more about a company by how they deal with a glitch, than by how they behave when everything goes perfectly. Of course, you want perfect but life doesn't always let you have it.

Professional, Polite, I could understand their explanations, and I never felt like caller number 232...Thanks to a company that gets me!

Pain Free Refinancing

from Cincinnati, Ohio

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I contacted Quicken Loans after my bank made us an offer we could definitely refuse. In spite of the fact that we have been loyal and quite lucrative customers for more than 20 years, the bank was rather cold and very impersonal. So I called Quicken Loans. From the very first call with Bryn, through the entirety of the process, the customer service was outstanding and the communication was spot on. Although there were a number of different people who reached out, it was made clear throughout the process who was in charge of what and how different people might call to explain or confirm things. We did almost the entire thing online. Everything except the closing. The process was very automated and super easy. And I was even able to upload pictures of a document that I didn't have in front of me, but was able to get from my spouse via smartphone. Even at the closing, when we brought a check made out to the wrong entity, they made it super easy for us to expeditiously correct the error. I am very happy to move my business away from my unfeeling bank through the help of Quicken Loans. Thank you for making the process painless and satisfying.

i would contact QL again

from Miami, Florida

Comments about Quicken Loans:

things are great, all people here are very nice and very professional.

I was truly amazed!

from Rochester, MN

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I was truly amazed at how quick and easy the refinancing of our home was. The entire process took about a month and probably would have been less if we had not made some changes along the way.

Our mortgage banker was Derek Cabanbiss, who was fantastic! In addition to answering every question I had, and there were many, he was so friendly and easy to talk to. He was always very professional but I felt he truly cared about us as his clients and wanted the loan to be tailored to exactly what we wanted. I honestly feel he made the difference when choosing Quicken over all of the many companies who contacted us.

We would definitely use Quicken for any future loan needs and recommend them to family and friends.