10,084 reviews

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (1511), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (162)

Refinancing our loan with Quicken, turned out good.

We were looking to refinance our mortgage, but got declined when the reappraisal came in $60,000.00 lower in just 2 years.  Out of the blue, we got a call from Adam Throop of Quicken Loans.  We never heard of Quicken Loans. Adam explained we could refinance and we needed to place a $500.00 refundable deposit.  This seemed strange but decided to go ahead.  The ball got rolling, so to speak, and we began to fill in the forms on the internet and then faxing information.  Again, out of the blue, we received a call from another mortgage lender (don't remember name) who bad-mouthed Quicken Loans.  This call created doubt in our minds but never mentioned this call to Adam.  We put our trust in the Lord and believed this (Quicken) was the correct way to go.  The Lord takes care of everything including refinancing.  Our process took longer that estimated because of a home equity line of credit or a second mortgage.  Our bank (home equity line of credit - second mortgage) had problems accepting emails and phone calls.  I needed to get personnally involved and stay on top of our bank to get them to process the correct paperwork back to Quicken.  Bottom line:  all is well that ends well.  We got our refinancing, at the rate quoted by Adam, and the closing was done in our home.

We live in the eastern time zone and Adam was in Arizona.  Getting in touch with Adam was difficult at times.  We phoned Quicken in Michigan and usually got the information we needed.  Quicken provides many ways to communicate and sometimes a customer needs to use other means to get information.  At times we experienced some frustation but then Quicken had provided other means to communicate.  Knowing this, eased much of our frustation. In refinancing, information and communiation are key.  Quicken provided both.

T & MA

Tennessee

Underwhelmed and unimpressed - happy it's over

My husband and I were referred to Quicken Loans by a friend who had just completed a refinance on her home. We were interested in doing the same, and since she had a successful experience with them we decided to give them a try.  We were also swayed by the fact that our mortgage banker was a friend of a friend.  Upon our initial contact, this woman was very nice and assured me that she would go to bat for us and get us the absolute best deal she could because we were friends of her last customer.  She said that 80% of her business was referral.

I have two major issues with the way our refi was handled. (1) lack of communication and (2) the seemingly endless stream of requests for various documents and other information.  Our mortgage banker, Jenny, stopped communicating with us for the most part once we hit an unexpected snag with our home appraisal. We even had problems getting in touch with the agent that worked with her and was supposed to be our primary contact for information and assistance.  It felt as if the moment we needed help - this was our first refi ever - no one wanted to call us back or even email us.  And when the topic of discussion was something that needed to be dealt with through a personal phone call, we would instead receive very vague, short emails. It was incredibly frustrating, trying to work through the process and not being able to get straight answers or even a courtesy call.

My 2nd issue, the paperwork. Although I give props to Quicken for their extremely user-friendly website that allows you to see what you've submitted and what is still needed, we were constantly being asked to provide more and more.  We were happy to give them every single thing they needed, however, I find it hard to believe that they don't seem to know from the beginning what documents they need for a refi.  Every day we would start off fresh, our list would show that we provided all that they asked for, and the next thing you know we're being asked for more bank statements, something else to be signed and faxed, a letter from this place.  It felt as if we were the first refi they ever conducted.  Even at the end of the process, when their own system showed we had completed everything, they asked us for yet another piece of paperwork.

For my husband and I, refinancing with Quicken Loans was a stressfull and frustrating experience. At the beginning we had given Jenny's number to two different friends as possible referrals. We ended up telling both to throw the information away because we couldn't bare the idea that they may have the experience that we did.  I am eternally glad that it is done and I will not have to deal with them again.  As a former customer service supervisor, I understand all too well the demands of dealing with the public but I also understand that a call back to a customer, even when you might not have all the answers, goes a long way towards keeping them happy.  This is a lesson that they need to learn.  Jenny let us down and did not follow through with the promises she so earnestly made me on the phone.  She did not even get us the deal that she originally quoted us, nor did she explain to my satisfaction why she didn't.  In the end, this refi not only cost us about $10,000 that we didn't expect, but it cost us a lot of mental anguish as well.  The rates will have to hit rock bottom before I ever consider putting myself and my husband through this again.

Very much helpful and needed for the best

from Clarksville,TN

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Thorough and informative to guide you through one of if not trying times.

The Easiest Way to Go!

from Portland OR

Comments about Quicken Loans:

....It doesn't get any easier than Quicken Loans, fast, professional and AWESOME!!!

So easy and worthwhile!

from Ithaca Mi

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The entire process was so smooth! The Quicken folks were very helpful and professional! Thanks Luke

I would recomend Quicken loans for refinancing

from Atascadro, CA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I received my Refinance in about 3 weeks. It was completely painless. Almost all of the information that was requested was at hand or attainable with one phone call. I am a very busy person with 2 jobs and a family, so I don't have a lot of time to mess around. They gathered some of the information themselves, which was really helpful!

My agent and assistant were always there to answer any questions I had, almost immediately.

In the beginning, I told my agent what I was looking for as far as rates and payment, and in the end I got what I wanted and even better.

Easier than I thought it would be!

from Five Points, Tennessee

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Was told by a few others in the mortgage business that since my wife and I had both retired recently that no one would refinance our house. But Sean Taig from Quicken Loans called immediately after I answered an online survey about eligibility for HARP. He worked quickly and efficiently to align me with the right program and lock-in a rate lower than our current APR. After submitting all the required forms and info via upload to the Quickens secure website, Sean handed me off to Boone Kowalis. He took me through the next stage of the process up to closing. It was professional and smooth as I was kept up to date on the progress via phone and email. Once we crossed all the "t"s and dotted all the "I"s, Boone introduced me to Raven Lawrence. She walked me through to closing and scheduled it for in my home. A local title and escrow agent scheduled a day and time best for me. The closing took about an hour and was a pleasant experience. Each page was explained and he freely answered all my questions. Overall, from start to finish, a professional, efficient and organized procedure.

Excellent experience

from Atlanta, GA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Refinanced our home loan in less than 2 weeks. Can't beat the service and quality.

Super, easy and professionally handled

from Bowie, Texas

Great!

Without the shadow of a doubt, my experience refinancing was

from Brandon, VT. 05733

Comments about Quicken Loans:

When Mr. Mike Maluzhinski (sp?) stepped into my refinance process my morale took a
dramatic turn for the better. It was not because my interest rate dropped from 3.75 %,
(that came down early on to 3.375%), but when my loan term dropped from 25 years to a
wonderful 15 years that I genuinely grew to admire you people and your desire to do right by me. If that wasn't good enough, I felt like I have family when my loan was finalized without having to cough-up closing costs!!! It means so very much to me. I can say in all honesty, and, WITH ALL MY HEART, THANK-YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Quicken Is Awesome.

from Salinas, Ca.

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Working with Quicken to get a new mortgage was Awesome. They were extremely helpful and very transparent through the entire process. I have never had a better experience in acquiring a new home loan.

This is a very good mortgage lender.

from National City, CA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I refinanced my modest home through Quicken loans. The start-up loan service went very quickly and efficiently, since they make maximum use of internet and phone texting services to cut way down on the time necessary to close the loan and achieve payout of loan proceeds.