10,617 reviews

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (1617), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (180)

Refinancing our loan with Quicken, turned out good.

We were looking to refinance our mortgage, but got declined when the reappraisal came in $60,000.00 lower in just 2 years.  Out of the blue, we got a call from Adam Throop of Quicken Loans.  We never heard of Quicken Loans. Adam explained we could refinance and we needed to place a $500.00 refundable deposit.  This seemed strange but decided to go ahead.  The ball got rolling, so to speak, and we began to fill in the forms on the internet and then faxing information.  Again, out of the blue, we received a call from another mortgage lender (don't remember name) who bad-mouthed Quicken Loans.  This call created doubt in our minds but never mentioned this call to Adam.  We put our trust in the Lord and believed this (Quicken) was the correct way to go.  The Lord takes care of everything including refinancing.  Our process took longer that estimated because of a home equity line of credit or a second mortgage.  Our bank (home equity line of credit - second mortgage) had problems accepting emails and phone calls.  I needed to get personnally involved and stay on top of our bank to get them to process the correct paperwork back to Quicken.  Bottom line:  all is well that ends well.  We got our refinancing, at the rate quoted by Adam, and the closing was done in our home.

We live in the eastern time zone and Adam was in Arizona.  Getting in touch with Adam was difficult at times.  We phoned Quicken in Michigan and usually got the information we needed.  Quicken provides many ways to communicate and sometimes a customer needs to use other means to get information.  At times we experienced some frustation but then Quicken had provided other means to communicate.  Knowing this, eased much of our frustation. In refinancing, information and communiation are key.  Quicken provided both.

T & MA

Tennessee

Underwhelmed and unimpressed - happy it's over

My husband and I were referred to Quicken Loans by a friend who had just completed a refinance on her home. We were interested in doing the same, and since she had a successful experience with them we decided to give them a try.  We were also swayed by the fact that our mortgage banker was a friend of a friend.  Upon our initial contact, this woman was very nice and assured me that she would go to bat for us and get us the absolute best deal she could because we were friends of her last customer.  She said that 80% of her business was referral.

I have two major issues with the way our refi was handled. (1) lack of communication and (2) the seemingly endless stream of requests for various documents and other information.  Our mortgage banker, Jenny, stopped communicating with us for the most part once we hit an unexpected snag with our home appraisal. We even had problems getting in touch with the agent that worked with her and was supposed to be our primary contact for information and assistance.  It felt as if the moment we needed help - this was our first refi ever - no one wanted to call us back or even email us.  And when the topic of discussion was something that needed to be dealt with through a personal phone call, we would instead receive very vague, short emails. It was incredibly frustrating, trying to work through the process and not being able to get straight answers or even a courtesy call.

My 2nd issue, the paperwork. Although I give props to Quicken for their extremely user-friendly website that allows you to see what you've submitted and what is still needed, we were constantly being asked to provide more and more.  We were happy to give them every single thing they needed, however, I find it hard to believe that they don't seem to know from the beginning what documents they need for a refi.  Every day we would start off fresh, our list would show that we provided all that they asked for, and the next thing you know we're being asked for more bank statements, something else to be signed and faxed, a letter from this place.  It felt as if we were the first refi they ever conducted.  Even at the end of the process, when their own system showed we had completed everything, they asked us for yet another piece of paperwork.

For my husband and I, refinancing with Quicken Loans was a stressfull and frustrating experience. At the beginning we had given Jenny's number to two different friends as possible referrals. We ended up telling both to throw the information away because we couldn't bare the idea that they may have the experience that we did.  I am eternally glad that it is done and I will not have to deal with them again.  As a former customer service supervisor, I understand all too well the demands of dealing with the public but I also understand that a call back to a customer, even when you might not have all the answers, goes a long way towards keeping them happy.  This is a lesson that they need to learn.  Jenny let us down and did not follow through with the promises she so earnestly made me on the phone.  She did not even get us the deal that she originally quoted us, nor did she explain to my satisfaction why she didn't.  In the end, this refi not only cost us about $10,000 that we didn't expect, but it cost us a lot of mental anguish as well.  The rates will have to hit rock bottom before I ever consider putting myself and my husband through this again.

Really Amazed

from Houston, Texas

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Quicken Loans lives up to their company name. The transaction went very smooth and without hassle. I am satisfied with the way they handled all the paper work.

The process was very easy

from Long Bottom Ohio

Comments about Quicken Loans:

It was a very easy and thorough process.

3rd Time Still Impressed

from Denham Springs, La

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The 3 home loan and I am still impressed with the ease and professional guidance provided by Quicken. The loan rate is competitive and the service is painless. I even got a discount in closing cost as this was my 3rd Quicken loan.

The best rate and fastest closing. Worth doing business them

from Cypress, TX

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The people I worked with are very good and provides easyT instructions to accomplish whatever needed to close the in less than a month.

A Excellent service that was quick and easy t complete

from Burnham Illinois

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I've used this product to to attain a VA loan for the home I already live in, Thank you QL

I would recommend Quicken to all my friends and family

from Portland, Oregon

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Quicken Loans was great to work with. Their website was easy and their agents were always there to answer any questions I had via chat, email, or phone. The loan process was so simple and quick. Fantastic experience.

Overall - Very Good Experience

from Kailua, Hawaii

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The refinance process went very well once we got to know who we were working with in terms of staff. The initial contact was a bit pushy but was handed off to the mortgage banker, Tom, who was patient and not pressing for a quick reply. He helped me from a refi program that accomplished the goal of a reduced monthly payment. All in all, I would consider and use Quicken Loans again (this is my third refi) with Quicken.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

This is the 3rd time we used Quicken for a loan it was great

from Jacksonville

Comments about Quicken Loans:

All was professional and timely.

Fantastic company. Extremely helpful through the loan.

from Boston, Ma

Comments about Quicken Loans:

This bank is what all the others should emulate. I can honestly say it is bar none the best one I have ever dealt with.

I would get another loan from Quicken Loans.

from Milton, WV

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The loan was quick and easy to get. I would recommend them to family and friends.