10,084 reviews

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (1471), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (156)

Refinancing our loan with Quicken, turned out good.

We were looking to refinance our mortgage, but got declined when the reappraisal came in $60,000.00 lower in just 2 years.  Out of the blue, we got a call from Adam Throop of Quicken Loans.  We never heard of Quicken Loans. Adam explained we could refinance and we needed to place a $500.00 refundable deposit.  This seemed strange but decided to go ahead.  The ball got rolling, so to speak, and we began to fill in the forms on the internet and then faxing information.  Again, out of the blue, we received a call from another mortgage lender (don't remember name) who bad-mouthed Quicken Loans.  This call created doubt in our minds but never mentioned this call to Adam.  We put our trust in the Lord and believed this (Quicken) was the correct way to go.  The Lord takes care of everything including refinancing.  Our process took longer that estimated because of a home equity line of credit or a second mortgage.  Our bank (home equity line of credit - second mortgage) had problems accepting emails and phone calls.  I needed to get personnally involved and stay on top of our bank to get them to process the correct paperwork back to Quicken.  Bottom line:  all is well that ends well.  We got our refinancing, at the rate quoted by Adam, and the closing was done in our home.

We live in the eastern time zone and Adam was in Arizona.  Getting in touch with Adam was difficult at times.  We phoned Quicken in Michigan and usually got the information we needed.  Quicken provides many ways to communicate and sometimes a customer needs to use other means to get information.  At times we experienced some frustation but then Quicken had provided other means to communicate.  Knowing this, eased much of our frustation. In refinancing, information and communiation are key.  Quicken provided both.

T & MA

Tennessee

Underwhelmed and unimpressed - happy it's over

My husband and I were referred to Quicken Loans by a friend who had just completed a refinance on her home. We were interested in doing the same, and since she had a successful experience with them we decided to give them a try.  We were also swayed by the fact that our mortgage banker was a friend of a friend.  Upon our initial contact, this woman was very nice and assured me that she would go to bat for us and get us the absolute best deal she could because we were friends of her last customer.  She said that 80% of her business was referral.

I have two major issues with the way our refi was handled. (1) lack of communication and (2) the seemingly endless stream of requests for various documents and other information.  Our mortgage banker, Jenny, stopped communicating with us for the most part once we hit an unexpected snag with our home appraisal. We even had problems getting in touch with the agent that worked with her and was supposed to be our primary contact for information and assistance.  It felt as if the moment we needed help - this was our first refi ever - no one wanted to call us back or even email us.  And when the topic of discussion was something that needed to be dealt with through a personal phone call, we would instead receive very vague, short emails. It was incredibly frustrating, trying to work through the process and not being able to get straight answers or even a courtesy call.

My 2nd issue, the paperwork. Although I give props to Quicken for their extremely user-friendly website that allows you to see what you've submitted and what is still needed, we were constantly being asked to provide more and more.  We were happy to give them every single thing they needed, however, I find it hard to believe that they don't seem to know from the beginning what documents they need for a refi.  Every day we would start off fresh, our list would show that we provided all that they asked for, and the next thing you know we're being asked for more bank statements, something else to be signed and faxed, a letter from this place.  It felt as if we were the first refi they ever conducted.  Even at the end of the process, when their own system showed we had completed everything, they asked us for yet another piece of paperwork.

For my husband and I, refinancing with Quicken Loans was a stressfull and frustrating experience. At the beginning we had given Jenny's number to two different friends as possible referrals. We ended up telling both to throw the information away because we couldn't bare the idea that they may have the experience that we did.  I am eternally glad that it is done and I will not have to deal with them again.  As a former customer service supervisor, I understand all too well the demands of dealing with the public but I also understand that a call back to a customer, even when you might not have all the answers, goes a long way towards keeping them happy.  This is a lesson that they need to learn.  Jenny let us down and did not follow through with the promises she so earnestly made me on the phone.  She did not even get us the deal that she originally quoted us, nor did she explain to my satisfaction why she didn't.  In the end, this refi not only cost us about $10,000 that we didn't expect, but it cost us a lot of mental anguish as well.  The rates will have to hit rock bottom before I ever consider putting myself and my husband through this again.

Very easy, great Customer Service

from Bluffton, SC

Comments about Quicken Loans:

This process was easy, quick and they respected my time. This was so much easier than my 1st experience with obtaining my other mortgage. I would do this again when purchasing another home. Excellent!! From beginning to end I was surprised how efficient everyone was. Speaking clearly and making sure that I understood what was to happen and when. All the agents I spoke with very kind, respectful and courteous. Great Job! I will tell folks about this to be sure. The website is easy to navigate and any questions that I may had was answered quickly. A great experience!!

Extremely Happy with Services!

from Royal Oak, MI

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I could not be more satisfied with my experience working with Dylan Grushoff, mortgage banker at Quicken Loans. Not only was Dylan highly professional and readily available to us throughout the process of refinancing our mortgage, but also extremely personable, knowledgable and effective at providing us with the upmost confidence throughout the refinancing process. It was a pleasure working with Dylan, and with Quicken Loans, and I will highly recommend their services to others in the future.

Excellent Experience

from Mentor On The Lake, OH

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Everything about this normally excruciating experience was a delight.

Faris Tadrow

from longmont, co

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I had a very good experience with Quicken Loans. They were very professional and knowledgeable. Especially Faris.

I would use QL again.

from Naperville, Illinois

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Very nice personnel to work with over the miles.
Was happy to have gotten a lower interest rate.

Seamless and excellent service

from Cleveland, Ohio

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The entire loan process was straightforward and seamless. The Quicken website and processes they use made my re-financing very easy and clear. It was great being able to take care of everything online and not having to travel to an office somewhere. The people I worked with were very helpful and guided me through the entire process from start to end. In addition they responded quickly to questions I had. I truly was impressed by the service they provided and the overall experience. Thank you!!

Absolutely the best!

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

I can not tell you how easy it was to re-finance with Quicken Loans. Communication was excellent and fast! No question was unanswered!

A Pleasure From Start to Finish

from Inglis, Fl. 34449

Comments about Quicken Loans:

It had been over 30 years since my last experience obtaining a mortgage, so I was tentative and nervous. The last time I obtained a mortgage was a bad experience so I was expecting the same. I was totally and pleasantly surprised by my experience with Quicken Loans. From start to finish it was a total pleasure to deal with them. Not to say that it was all fun, some of the process is a bit nerve wracking but the folks at quicken were always there for me. Every time I called, I was connected with a live person that knew how to help me. They were always extremely pleasant and efficient too. I would definitely use them again, no question.

Always My choice is Quicken loan

from Centennial Co

Comments about Quicken Loans:

The best mortgage company I ever seen .

Highly recommended!

from DuPont, WA

Comments about Quicken Loans:

Great company. Customer service is the best I have dealt with. My one recommendation is for Quicken to advise the client on how best to proceed with automation payments prior to closing and the final disbursement.