4.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (355), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (53)

loanDepot was Fast & Easy

Lowered my payment and my term from 19 years (left on a 30 year fixed) to a 15 year fixed! Actually saved $50 a months and shaved off 4 years. Their follow-up was excellent, their mortgage bankers knew their products and the process. Signed papers at my office. Just fast and easy.

Bad Refi Experience

The people I dealt with directly were very friendly and great, but unfortunately the company, Loan Depot, was a colossal disappointment. I refi'd both my personal residence and a rental property a couple years ago, and since rates dropped, I approached Loan Depot again last September to do the free "re-do" loans that they promised. It was a complete failure. The process was dragged out so long with my principal residence that the rate lock agreement expired and Loan Depot refused to honor the terms they promised me back in September, so we could not extend the rate lock and I lost the opportunity to do the refi. Although I responded on an incredibly timely basis with all their requests, usually within a few hours, they delayed at every opportunity to the point where it seemed they purposely wanted the rate lock to expire. On the rental property, I experienced the same long delays, but was fortunately able to get the rate lock extension simply because this deal had more profit margin for Loan Depot, and therefore less incentive for Loan Depot to want it to fall through. Nonetheless, it still took 4 MONTHS to finish this loan. BOTH of these loans were simple refi's where Loan Depot did the same exact work a couple years ago. It should've been a simple matter of updating all the appraisals and documents from back then, as absolutely nothing had changed in my financial holdings since those first refi's. I am thoroughly disappointed in Loan Depot and will NEVER work with this company again, for at best, they were incompetent and at worst, unethical.

Great Service

refinance of our home

One more time

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about loanDepot:

I have financed or refinanced this home four times over the last twenty- four years, all with local banks.The last time was shortly before '08 depression and bank failures. Times were different then. All I had to do was call my banker to fix the interest rate wait for them to call two or three weeks down the road, show up at appointed time and sign a bunch of papers at a cost of about $200 and life rolled smoothly on. They were called fast tract refinance loans. Things are different now. This was my first experience with on line banking and I learned to appreciate the efforts of Eric St. Williams and Jake Brockman beyond my frustrations in gathering necessary documentation. They kept the faith and kept me on track. I don't plan on it but if I have to do a RE loan again, I would give LoanDepot first shot.

Loan depot is the best at doing my refi on my home!

from Bonneylake Washington

Comments about loanDepot:

Taylor Nielsen was the best at getting me a low intrest rate and did it in a very timely fashion he explaned everything to me made sure I knew what i was signing if not he explained it to me.. I was sick threw out this loan and he made sure that i was feeling better he is just a AMAZING person. Also Alex D. also helped out with the loan they were both AMAZING in there jobs I would recommend Taylor Nielsen and Alex D over and over again!!! They are the best at what they do I'm very impressed

AN AMAZING LOAN SPECIALIST....TARYN BARNETT

from Manchester, NH

Comments about loanDepot:

I was contacted by Taryn Banett regarding a VA refinance. I was doubtful that she could help me, but she was so confident and considerate she made the process seem so easy. She excitedly explained how much money the company could save me once the refi went through...it was contagious. Words cannot express my gratitude for all her help throughout the process. When I became anxious or confused, she calmly quieted all my negative feelings. She literally changed my life through this one experience and I will be eternally grateful.

Need a Mortgage or Refinancing

from Michigan

Comments about loanDepot:

Loan Depot is a great company, had a great experience an would recommend them.

Fast, Awesome Service!

from Riverside, CA

Comments about loanDepot:

I would like to thank Colin Kim for providing excellent service while helping me with my loan. He worked very quickly and efficiently along with Zoe. I would definitely recommend!

I would recommend Loan Depot.

from Wapakoneta, OH

Comments about loanDepot:

Professional and friendly service. Always returned phone calls expediently and answered all our questions.

I will use loan depot always.

from Rhode Island

Comments about loanDepot:

I am a 2X customer of LoanDepot. I had the pleasure of working with Grant Shearrer and Victoria Pleasant who were both professional, knowledgeable, clear and concise, and excellent listeners and communicators as they efficiently guided me through the refinance home process.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Loan Mortgage#102130135

from Rosemead, Califonria

Comments about loanDepot:

I am very happy with the loan mortgage with Loan Depot. I got a phone call from Mr. Nielsen while I was working with another mortgage, Mr. Nielsen was polite, patience, and through his professionalism, he explained situations and persuaded me Loan Depot was the right choice. He introduced Mr. McMaugh, who took care the processing to the end, I never have a loan that was quick, easy, and closing cost is under $4,000.00. I just signed the documents in less than 30 days, I emailed other loan mortgage to let them know Loan Depot was the best, low interest rate, low closing cost, professional loan advisers. I have never had a mortgage loan that was this quick and easy. The least I can do than thank is refer all my friends, whoever need mortgage loans, Loan Depot is the best.