4.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (351), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (52)

loanDepot was Fast & Easy

Lowered my payment and my term from 19 years (left on a 30 year fixed) to a 15 year fixed! Actually saved $50 a months and shaved off 4 years. Their follow-up was excellent, their mortgage bankers knew their products and the process. Signed papers at my office. Just fast and easy.

Bad Refi Experience

The people I dealt with directly were very friendly and great, but unfortunately the company, Loan Depot, was a colossal disappointment. I refi'd both my personal residence and a rental property a couple years ago, and since rates dropped, I approached Loan Depot again last September to do the free "re-do" loans that they promised. It was a complete failure. The process was dragged out so long with my principal residence that the rate lock agreement expired and Loan Depot refused to honor the terms they promised me back in September, so we could not extend the rate lock and I lost the opportunity to do the refi. Although I responded on an incredibly timely basis with all their requests, usually within a few hours, they delayed at every opportunity to the point where it seemed they purposely wanted the rate lock to expire. On the rental property, I experienced the same long delays, but was fortunately able to get the rate lock extension simply because this deal had more profit margin for Loan Depot, and therefore less incentive for Loan Depot to want it to fall through. Nonetheless, it still took 4 MONTHS to finish this loan. BOTH of these loans were simple refi's where Loan Depot did the same exact work a couple years ago. It should've been a simple matter of updating all the appraisals and documents from back then, as absolutely nothing had changed in my financial holdings since those first refi's. I am thoroughly disappointed in Loan Depot and will NEVER work with this company again, for at best, they were incompetent and at worst, unethical.

I would reach out to this Lender again.

from Harrisburg, PA

Comments about loanDepot:

I would definitely use this Lender again. The entire process was nothing less than positive.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

loan depot

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about loanDepot:

I had a great experience refinancing my home with Loan Depot.
Great account managers and loan officers.

I would definitely work with Loan Depot again

from O'Fallon, MO

Comments about loanDepot:

Colin Kim is our Lending Officer. Having gone through refinancing before the way of doing things since the last time was much different because we are in Missouri and LD is in California. Colin literally held my hand throughout the process from a few thousand miles away. He even provided a picture of himself so we would "know" him! He communicated with me almost daily answering my questions, keeping me updated, though I am sure he had other customers. We were literally tethered to Colin, Sean Morales and Katie Speicher, who kept us in the loop during the process. There was another rep from well publicized company vying for our business who disparaged LoanDepot's reputation when informed of our decision. Because of Colin's reassurances to us and support, but mostly because of his kindness and fairness toward all other loan companies in stark contrast to the harassing we were getting from that other company's rep in particular, we were completely convinced that our decision to stick with Loan Depot and Colin, was the best decision for us. We have not had one minute of disappointment or doubt and the process took less than a month. We do not ever intend to have to do this again, but I will keep Colin's and Loan Depot's numbers and emails on file for my daughters and friends, should they need to refinance or purchase another home for themselves. To say that we are very pleased is really an understatement.

The BEST experience ! !

from Southeast Massachusetts

Comments about loanDepot:

LoanDepot loan officers did a fantastic job of getting me a home refinance at an excellent rate. They were very polite and efficient while guiding me through the "ins and outs" of loan approval and funding. Many thanks are in order here.

I would use them again.

from Grandview, MO

Comments about loanDepot:

Things started out bumpy, but once Mark Nouraei became my Account Manager, it was smooth sailing. Mark was hands on the entire process and gave me regular updates on where my loan was in the process. He also worked hard to get me the best deal on my loan. I never had to worry about whether my loan was getting the attention it needed to process quickly. I am very pleased with the communication and the care that Mark put toward my loan. I will be happy to work with him again on future refinancing.

I would use Loan Depot again Definitely

from VanEtten, NY

Comments about loanDepot:

They were wonderful to work with during this refinance process. Chase was extremely professional.

Loan Depot (Jacob)

from Boca Raton, Fl

Comments about loanDepot:

Jacob was great at helping us during the loan process. Up until the last day, he was working and advising us as to our best plan of action!

What a wonderful experience loandepot gives you.

from Leesburg, Fl

Comments about loanDepot:

Working with Jacob Brockman and Michael DUdding with Loan Depot gave me the best closing experience. I had worked with another company before and they were not as professional and courteous and the two gentlemen that I currently worked with. Thank you so very much for all you did for our family !!

Very happy with the service we receive.

from Canton, ma

Comments about loanDepot:

This is a refinance-we we're very please with all the people we dealt with.

Loandepot's Excellent Service

from Bayonne, NJ

Comments about loanDepot:

Alton Oglesby went beyond and above to answer all my questions regarding my mortgage application with Loandepot. Whenever I call or e-mail him about anything, he returns my messages right away. This is really the first time; a mortgage company returns my calls promptly. He is always polite, has good manners and excellent customer service. He also gives me update and changes about my loan. There were no hidden fees or misleading information. My closing costs fees did not change. Most of the banks gave me a high interest rate or turned down my application because I do not have enough value in my house. However, Loandepot puts me in FHA loan that goes up to 95% value of the house. I admit that I have to bring some money to the closing because the value of my house was not good enough to consolidate both of my loans. It's worth to bring some cash for the closing, knowing that I have a good interest rate with Loandepot. I am so surprised that it took only 30 days to close and fund my loan. Alton kept his promise of closing my mortgage according to the time frame that loandepot gave me when I applied for the loan. Alton Oglesby is very responsible. When he was away from his desk, he referred me to Scott Watkins, his manager, who is very professional. Then when Scott was not in the office on the day of the closing, Ronnie Ferrer took over my loan, and answered all my questions about the documents that I need to sign. I am so happy that I refinanced my mortgage with Loandepot and I will recommend friends and family to use this company.
I am so grateful to Alton's support, especially with explaining, informing, scanning, signing and submitting so many documents that are required by FHA Loan and Loandepot.