4.9

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Types/Options:
    • I received a sample (332), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (46)

loanDepot was Fast & Easy

Lowered my payment and my term from 19 years (left on a 30 year fixed) to a 15 year fixed! Actually saved $50 a months and shaved off 4 years. Their follow-up was excellent, their mortgage bankers knew their products and the process. Signed papers at my office. Just fast and easy.

Bad Refi Experience

The people I dealt with directly were very friendly and great, but unfortunately the company, Loan Depot, was a colossal disappointment. I refi'd both my personal residence and a rental property a couple years ago, and since rates dropped, I approached Loan Depot again last September to do the free "re-do" loans that they promised. It was a complete failure. The process was dragged out so long with my principal residence that the rate lock agreement expired and Loan Depot refused to honor the terms they promised me back in September, so we could not extend the rate lock and I lost the opportunity to do the refi. Although I responded on an incredibly timely basis with all their requests, usually within a few hours, they delayed at every opportunity to the point where it seemed they purposely wanted the rate lock to expire. On the rental property, I experienced the same long delays, but was fortunately able to get the rate lock extension simply because this deal had more profit margin for Loan Depot, and therefore less incentive for Loan Depot to want it to fall through. Nonetheless, it still took 4 MONTHS to finish this loan. BOTH of these loans were simple refi's where Loan Depot did the same exact work a couple years ago. It should've been a simple matter of updating all the appraisals and documents from back then, as absolutely nothing had changed in my financial holdings since those first refi's. I am thoroughly disappointed in Loan Depot and will NEVER work with this company again, for at best, they were incompetent and at worst, unethical.

Highly recommended

from Danbury, CT

Comments about loanDepot:

I started my process of refinancing my house In January with Sean OLaughlin while also going through a difficult divorce process. So I contacted Loan Depot, and right from the start, I had an amazing experience with Sean O. as they make the process very smooth and easy to get through
Sean worked with Janos Rzepka, who is the account manager and he advised me with all the paper work I needed to give to the underwriter.

I cannot express how happy I am to have had the privilege to work with Sean and Janos as I got my process done with in less then 2 months, great rates, great service, great everything!

I highy reccomend this lender group, Loan Depot, and especially commend Sean OLaughlin and Janos Rzepka for their help!

A great experience

from Albuquerque, NM

Comments about loanDepot:

Paul Jones and Lindsey Christ of Loan Depot did a fantastic job from start to finish. My time was not wasted. They were clear and concise, everything proceeded with my ReFi as anticipated. They kept me informed and truly made this a great experience. I have refinanced before and this was without a doubt the best experience I could have hoped for. Very knowledgable people. LOVE the website to upload documents easily and then they are all on one place. I now have an electronic copy fo everything for my files. LOVED the local appraiser and notary they used. Everyone just worked like a team. SO glad I did this!

New mortgage loan with loanDepot.com

from East Longmeadow, Ma

Comments about loanDepot:

I applied for a mortgage with loanDepot.com and worked with Brian, my Loan Officer and Nham, my Loan Processor throughout the process. Both were thorough, knowledgeable and helpful. All calls were returned and all emails were responded to. The loan documents were easy to understand and there we no surprises during the process. I definitely recommend loanDepot.com to anyone who is in need of a mortgage loan.

I would use loanDepot again. Very professional.

from Kansas City Missouri

Comments about loanDepot:

I found it to be a much easier process than I thought it would be. Both Aaron and Jacob were very professional and very helpful. They answered my questions to my satisfaction. I certainly recommend loanDepot.

First Time Home Buyer

from Orange County, CA

Comments about loanDepot:

Loan Depot provided an outstanding experience for us on our first home purchase. We are both engineers and MBA's who asked many questions, our Loan Depot team always took the time to walk us through all of our questions. They were able to smash the industry norm by completing our loan in only 20 days. They were expedient, diligent and professional every step of the way. They looked at our situation as a whole and postured us for success in our first home. The rates dropped a few days into our loan so our loan officer reevaluated the loan immediately and was able to reduce our rate. They set realistic expectations from the beginning and were able to beat both financial and schedule targets. Our amount due at closing was less than expected, which they were driving for knowing that we had plans to make improvements upon move in. They know a home purchase is a large investment and treat it as such throughout the process. They took a personal interest in all aspects of our purchase from our loan rate, closing costs, real estate contingencies and the many obstacles encountered during a home purchase. From an Engineer with a Finance MBA I recommend Loan Depot as the smart choice for a home loan. If you want the Ace's on your team ask for Mike and Jake.

I had a great experience with Loan Depot and my service rep

from Kodak,Tn

Comments about loanDepot:

Will use again,thank you!

Exactly what I had hoped for in a REFI!!!

from Dothan, AL

Comments about loanDepot:

LoanDepot was fantastic to work with. I personally dealt with Loyd Nitzen and Marria Tang. Both were very professional and new their jobs inside and out. Loyd started us off with a few possible refi options and really did his utmost to explain every detail of each option and what would work best for us. He guided both my wife and I through the paperwork and was always willing to answer ANY questions we had. Once this was complete, we were handed off to Ms. Marria Tang who helped us finalize our Refi. She also kept us in the loop every single day!! Always reachable and always returned our calls and emails in a very timely manner.
At the start of this process, Loyd told us the process could take up to 45 days to complete, which was fine with us. We weren't in any time crunch so however long it took, we were OK. But!!! The entire process only took us 28 days!! That's from very 1st contact until closing!
I read Better Business Bureau reviews and saw some negatives on there and I also did tons of research before making any contact with LoanDepot. Let me tell you first hand, I have NO negatives to pass along! My wife and I are just average people, both working and trying to make ends meet. We have a son who just graduated undergraduate college and is now on his way to Graduate College, so we needed to refinance to get a little breathing room. LoanDepot came through for us without a hitch!
I highly recommend both Loyd and Ms. Tang!!!!

Great Customer Service

from Pittsburgh PA

Comments about loanDepot:

K. Nguyen was a pleasure to work with my refinance.

Great Company to Refinance

from Beverly, Ohio

Comments about loanDepot:

We refinanced a loan from a hometown bank from the comfort of our home. My spouse and I work crazy, opposite hours, and we were able to get everything situated over the phone and email. We closed the loan in our home at our convenience, and saved significantly from our previous loan. The staff, including Yousuf, Tim, and Ricardo, were very kind, patient, articulate, and able to help us through this experience. I do recommend gathering all of your paperwork required for the loan prior to calling, because they are ready to serve you immediately! Yousuf was extremely patient with us as we gathered items during our telephone conversation despite being late on a Saturday evening. I would recommend this company to my family and friends in a heartbeat.

My experience with LoanDepot

from North Dakota

Comments about loanDepot:

This was my first experience with LoanDepot. I am amazed at the curtesy and helpfulness that was afforded me for this. Everyone I dealt with was extremely helpful and worked hard to make this process a success.