Other Mortgage Lenders:

Easy Mortgage and Escrow Process

After having 2 other mortgages in the past 10 years, I dreaded starting the process. Still, with the drop in the housing market, it was the right time to buy again. I chose VA Mortgage.com after looking into companies that provide VA Mortgage services. The pre-approval process was easy considering the newer more stringent requirements for documentation, but despite this, I was able to fax or email all the needed documentation. VA Mortgage Center took care of the rest! Once we found our home, our representative Jake Presti was very helpful in providing us with all the information we needed to make an intellegent offer based on our loan product and our desires. He was there every step of the way to answer questions and even responded on weekends and evenings when he did not need to do so. While others may have issues with the overall company, I can attest to the people at this company and say that I was surprised in this crazy real estate market, I often felt the only other person on my side during the entire transation was my lender (Jake). I really enjoyed the streamlined process and electronic processing of the paperwork. A+ Company. Highly recommend!

Dont get taken advantage of

I made an offer on a house and it was excepted. I had already been pre aproved through vamartgage center. Once a perchase agreement was signed my realtor noticed that VA mortgage center was charging the legal maximum they could for all the closing costs. I negotiated for the seller to cover $3000 in closing. If i had stayed with VA mortgage center I would have had to bring over $2000 to closing as the buyer of the house receiving a VA loan. This is unheard of. I feel they where trying to take advantage of the seller and myself by adding costs (higher processing and underwriter fees ect.) that are not done by most mortgage brokers. Lucky for me that I have a good realtor and she was on the ball to notice this. I have now went with a local mortgage company and will not need any money at closing. I was actually told that I might recieve money at closing. Due to this I would not recommend anyone go to VA mortgage center unless they dont mind showing up to closing with lots of surprise fees.

Appraisals

from Newport, KY

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

Complaints about appraisals.... Don't buy a home for less than its worth... VA loans almost always protects the buyer from predatory lending.... If the loan is held up due to the appraisal, best bet is to get out of the process and find another home worth your hard earned money.... Don't be foolish!

I WASTED MY TIME WITH VA MORTGAGE CENTER

from Winter Haven, FL

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

I applied for a loan through VA Mortgage Center to have my home refinanced. After going through the approval process, i was turned down because my appraisal came back "TOO HIGH"  that is right, this is not a typo, My appraisal came back too high and the underwriters would not approve my loan. I wasted almost three months getting run around.  This is after I had paid for the appraisal that they had sent out.  This was not an appraiser I selected to view my home.  Luckily I was able to get approved through QUICKEN LOANS in less than 30 days.  I would not recommended this company to anyone and they should not be on the VA department of approved lenders.  Very disappointed in the outcome and service by VA Mortgage Center.

Impressed

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

We just closed on our house in June with VA Mortgage Center...they exeded all expectations...I worked with Ryan Raccuglia and Katherine Hays...they even closed the loan weeks before original date...but to all of you out here....help them help you! When they ask you for documents, ect...GET ON IT! This ensures them being able to do their job effectively and timely!!

from Waterbury, CT

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

As a first time home buyer, I could not have chosen a better mortgage company. From start to finish I was in very capable hands. Everyone was extremely knowledgeable and professional!! I have, and will continue to,recommend VA MORTGAGE CENTER.

WOW Great Service

from Deming, NM

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

For a couple years I have been trying to find a loan company, my bank, other banks and none gave me the time of day, I didn't have perfect credit, far from it but I had been working on it for about a year when I saw an add for VA Mortgage Center on FB. I thought Ill give it a try, what can it hurt. Within minutes I had a pre-approval and within just a couple weeks I had full approval on a loan amount much higher than I thought possible.! I have since bought my house and had nothing but help and friendly service along the way. Thanks VA Mortgage Center for a super expierence and I hope others have the same service I had!

My first home buying experiance was the so easy with Va Morgage

from Ludowici, GA

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

Alex Herbel at Va morgage center took care of my loan I was able to fax and e-mail all documents with ease. The man was always availiable with an answer to any question i had every thing went smooth and I was worried from herring about bad experiances from Buying a home. This guy made it all happen, I just returned from Afghanistan and I need a home for my family and God blessed be with these good people at Va Morgage center. God bless you all. Thank you. Josh Coy was pretty great to.

GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!

from Albany, GA

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

I received outstanding service from Aimee Hall (my rep). She was extremely professional, knowlegable and informative! This was my first time building a home and Aimee made it extremely easy. Prior to contacting the VA Mortgage Center, I attempted this same process a couple times with other Banks etc and got the run-around. I contacted the VA Mortgage Center and got hooked up with Aimee and now I'm in my dream house, thanks to Aimee and the VA Mortgage Center!

Highly recommended

from Keller, TX

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

Professional, Courteous, Informative, quick response, and outstanding service. These are a few ways that I could describe the process of buying a home thru VA Mortgage Center. Chris Rohr did an excellent job and made us feel like we were more than just another customer. His timely answers and professional knowledge made this process that much easier. It was a pleasure dealing with anyone who called us from VA Mortgage Center. I highly recommend them and would definitely use them again. Keep up the great work.

How many differant closing cost....let me count them alll!!!

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about VA MORTGAGE CENTER:

I am currently in the process of trying to close on a home that I went through the VA Morgage Center and as of now, they SUCK! Everything began wonderfully, but after the appraisal came back $20K lower the problems began and not on the end of the seller, realtor or myself. We offered $150,500 but the VA appraisal came back $135K. The seller immediatly agreed with the lower price provider I cover closing cost which I feel is reasonable. Now we just had to change our second closing date, everytime I ask about closing cost I get told another amount -- first it was $3,800, then $6,200, then $1,500, then who knows. I was suppose to be closing tomorrow but no we have to change it again and still don't even know if we have final approval. My realtor and I both are extremely frustrated with Jon B since my realtor seems to know more about VA loans than he does since now he's telling me there are no lender fees or VA funding fees. I think he needs to learn his job. In respect to his team, Matt is ok, he's still new and Joslyn so far as been great. If I don't have closing cost by tomorrow and close by the 7th of Sept, I'm going elsewhere and contacting the BBB - my complaint would be number 13. The 2 listed there seem to be of the same complaint as mine. Go check it out.

Danielle