Other Credit Cards:

Pros

Cons

• Customer Service:
    • Available Rates:
    • I received a sample (8), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (6)

USAA Cash Rewards MasterCard--great perks/fraud prevention

I got a phone call from my **USAA Cash Rewards World MasterCard** fraud prevention department the other day. Apparently, some questionable attempted charges were appearing on my account, and they had placed a hold on my account and called me to see if I had made the purchases. I had not.

As I began to ask questions, I learned a lot about fraud and also about how quickly **USAA** caught this activity. I asked when the first fraudulent charge appeared and realized they had notified me less than two hours after the first fraudulent attempt. She called out various suspicious charges, and I verified that I had or had not made the purchase. **USAA** had to close my account and issue me another card, but this was far better than the horror stories I've heard from some who have had to try to correct fraudulent charges or identify theft. The representative was very apologetic that they would have to close the account and re-issue a card and reminded me that if I had auto bill-pay accounts that I would need to change them to the new number. That part was easy to me--if my employers want to pay me through direct deposit, I love it. If I owe something, I want to do that part manually.

The **USAA** representative also mentioned that they have a website where I can set parameters for when and how I wish to be notified to check on possible fraudulent activity. I had not ever gone to the website because I thought I'd have to put my credit card number in there, but she assured me that I could use my USAA member number.

In addition to excellent fraud protection, I am definitely pleased with other free perks of the **USAA Cash Rewards World MasterCard**, including:

- **no annual fee**
- **good interest rate**
- up to 1.25% **cash back** on purchases (I pay off my balance each month, so they pay me to use this card--there's no limit to the cash back)
- **price protection** (if you find a lower price on an item within 60 days of purchase, the difference will be refunded back to you, up to $250, excludes certain items and internet purchases)
- **trip cancellation** (protects against forfeited, nonrefundable, unused payments and deposits up to $1500 if a trip is interrupted or discontinued for covered reasons)
- **baggage delay insurance** (if baggage is delayed for more than 4 hours, reimbursed for emergency purchase of essential items up to $300)

I don't travel very much, but I can see where these last two would certainly help people who frequently travel, even though this card does not offer frequent flyer miles.

My dad encouraged me to sign up for USAA car insurance years ago. Since he was in the Navy, he and our family qualified for USAA services. He was always very careful in his spending habits, and I think he would have been quite proud of me in finding a way to let a credit card pay me to use it!

**My Viewpoint:**

Military personnel and their families may wish to check out this **USAA Cash Rewards World MasterCard**. I've had this credit card for years, and I have been most pleased with it.

USAA violates my constitutional rights!

I recently received correspondence from USAA with regards to my credit card.  Included with this letter was an arbitration agreement.  As a result, since I am not able to opt out of this agreement, I just requested them to cancel my credit card.

I will not do business with a company that systematically takes away my 7th Amendment Constitutional right to a trial by jury.  As a former military officer, I was sworn to protect and defend our constitution.  Like it or not, the 7th Amendment is part of that Constitution.  USAA, of all companies, should support this oath that we all take and not force us into agreements that violate it.

I understand the intent of USAA to dis-encourage frivolous lawsuits.  However, our court system has protections built in that prevent frivolous lawsuits from making it very far.  USAA should rely on such checks and balances, as opposed to resorting to requiring its members to surrender their Constitutional rights in order to do business with them.  I support arbitration as a practice where BOTH parties agree to it, post-dispute.  But the current agreement requires members (before any dispute arises) to agree to let USAA solely choose arbitration regardless of whether it is in the member's best interest to do so.

I raised this issue in a previous email with regards to the online agreement and received a letter back from USAA management basically saying "tough, this is the way it is.  Deal with it".  I am dealing with it by canceling my account.

Lastly, I have requested a list of all USAA products that I own that require me to agree to pre-dispute, binding, mandatory arbitration.  I plan on going through each account and determining whether it makes sense to also cancel those products as well.

Bank of America recently changed their policy to not require pre-dispute, binding, mandatory arbitration.  USAA should follow suit or plan to lose business to those with more fair business practices.

This card is so good

from Algeria Tlemcen , Remchi

Comments about USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard:

i use the product for a while and it work great ,i never got a problem with it

Good

from Bayamon , PR

Beautiful

Comments about USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard:

Very beatiful and easy card

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

It's best to buy them online card

from MOROCCO- RABAT

Comments about USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard:

The USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard It is easy to use since there are no obstacles to the difficulty of buying from the Internet and service that allows you 24 hours

I Love It

from Bizerte

Comments about USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard:

Earn 1.5% cash back on every purchase.Redeem your cash rewards anytime using your mobile device or computer.There's no limit on the amount you can earn.
Concierge services to assist with whatever you need, whenever you need it.Collision damage waiver coverage pays for physical damage and theft to most rental vehicles.Identity theft resolutions services provides assistance should you become the victim of identity theft.Extended warranty extends your manufacturers or U.S. store brand warranties for up to one year.Travel accident insurance provides coverage for you and your family members when your card is used to purchase common carrier travel tickets.
I Advice you to take it

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Groovy kind of credit cards wow

from New York.Springfield Gardens.

Comments about USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard:

Like MasterCard bank cards make it easier for the procurement process

good

from good

good

I got a phone call from my **USAA Cash Rewards World

from united states

Comments about USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard:

I got a phone call from my **USAA Cash Rewards World MasterCard** fraud prevention department the other day. Apparently, some questionable attempted charges were appearing on my account, and they had placed a hold on my account and called me to see if I had made the purchases. I had not.

As I began to ask questions, I learned a lot about fraud and also about how quickly **USAA** caught this activity. I asked when the first fraudulent charge appeared and realized they had notified me less than two hours after the first fraudulent attempt. She called out various suspicious charges, and I verified that I had or had not made the purchase. **USAA** had to close my account and issue me another card, but this was far better than the horror stories I've heard from some who have had to try to correct fraudulent charges or identify theft. The representative was very apologetic that they would have to close the account and re-issue a card and reminded me that if I had auto bill-pay accounts that I would need to change them to the new number. That part was easy to me--if my employers want to pay me through direct deposit, I love it. If I owe something, I want to do that part manually.

The **USAA** representative also mentioned that they have a website where I can set parameters for when and how I wish to be notified to check on possible fraudulent activity. I had not ever gone to the website because I thought I'd have to put my credit card number in there, but she assured me that I could use my USAA member number.

- **no annual fee**
- **good interest rate**

This Product Is Very Beneficial :D , I Want to Use it

from Algiers

Comments about USAA - Total Rewards Platinum MasterCard:

It's Simple To Use , Just get it from a Bank and Buy from Any Site you Would .