3.5
Tom's of Maine
Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot

Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot

3.5

I LOVE this Deorderant! Fantastic for really keeping smell away!

I used to use all the traditional anti-perspirant deoderant sprays on the market until I hit my 20's and realized how dangerous the aluminum in them really is (lost a grandmother to alzheimer's at that time so became aware of the dangers of aluminum to the body),

and thought I could never get a good anti-perspirant naturally, yet since I sweat alot when nervous, new job, traveling in the NYC heat, wearing a suit, etc and even actually sweat alot when cold and tired - lol- go figure out that one!  I thought, I couldn't just be happy with a deorderant, if I sweat at all, - it would eventually lead to smelly armpits in my suuits or clothing by the end of day,

but then I started to try the all natural sticks offered at my local vitamin, organic shop and tried one which was witch hazel based and fell in love with it.  I havent been able to find that one in normal drugstores in my neighborhood, so went on to try others, which didnt work as I had suspected - just being deorderants which perfume you.  But then my mother passed me a stick of this Apricot Tom's Deorderant and I fell in love!

It works as well as the first all natural witch hazel based deaorderant I tried many years ago, because this one also has witch hazel too. So yes, I may sweat, but not only is the apricot scent lovely from the start, when I apply this stick, so always a happy light fresh scent to have on first thing in the morning, it also, after I sweat, definitely does the odor control too pretty decently for a deorderant stick alone.  It seems to last through the day pretty well.

I dont understand the reviews about stinging etc??? Maybe if you wax your armpits or shave??? Because I get that afterwards using any product on my armpits (especially shaving because inevitably it must cut into my skin a bit even though I'm not aware it has done so, because the stinging afterwards hurts with any product I use at those times), but overall, I never feel stinging with this product on a normal day to day use.

I recommend this one as a safe all natural deorderant with that pleasant scent of apricots, which will of course, being just a deorderant, will never out perform a anti-perspirant's ability to control sweat odor - since with any deorderant, you will sweat through the day, but this one definitely does something better than the other natural deorderants in delaying the onset of some sweat odor.  So to me, it earns high marks!

If you like burning, stinging arm pits, this is for you!

**Tom's Of Maine Natural Long-Lasting Deodorant **is an all natural deodorant that is available in either a twist-up stick or a roll-on.  I have the twist-up stick in the scent...Read complete review

**Tom's Of Maine Natural Long-Lasting Deodorant **is an all natural deodorant that is available in either a twist-up stick or a roll-on.  I have the twist-up stick in the scent **Apricot.  **

The apricot scent is very nice; it's mild and not too strong smelling.  It smells like real apricots because this is an all natural deodorant, so the scent has to come from natural sources, thus, real apricots.

The deodorant in the twist-up stick is a solid gel type consistency.  When you apply it to your under arms, it feels cold, wet and sticky.  The sticky, wetness literally takes hours to dry.  If I wore a sleeved shirt, it would make the clothes damp in the under arm area, if I wore a tank top, I had to deal with the stickiness and hope I didn't have to give anyone a hug.

It's a toss up, but the damp, stickiness is probably my second worst complaint about **Tom's Of Maine Natural Long-Lasting Deodorant**.  My first complaint would be the pain you have to endure.  Most women shave their arm pits in the shower and then in the course of getting ready for the day, apply deodorant.  After the cold, sticky feeling, you notice a slow burn.  Then suddenly your arm pits are on fire.  I don't have nicks and cuts in my arm pits, so I don't know why they sting and burn after using this deodorant.

**The Scoop!**

I do like that this deodorant is made with all natural ingredients and has a nice fragrance.  It is clear and doesn't leave white marks on your clothes.  Most importantly, it doesn't contain aluminum which studies have shown can cause breast cancer.  Since aluminum is in most drug store brands, I only buy my deodorants at natural stores.  However, the stinging and stickiness are unbearable and I will not buy this deodorant again.  I will continue to use my [Crystal Deodorant][1] .

** **

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Crystal-Stick-Body-Deodorant-review-aea06

I Love Tom's of Maine!

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I use Tom's of Maine deodorants because they're free of parabens and aluminum. I simply see no reason to rub potentially harmful chemicals all over my delicate underarms when there are natural options that work just as well.

This is a fantastic deodorants with a great scent. It's easy to apply, long lasting, and it leaves me feeling and smelling fresh and clean.

It does have a moister consistency than most big name brands, so it does feel a little wet when first applying it. However, I find it absorbs well and this wetness vanishes shortly after application. This product isn't sticky, nor does it leave visible residue on my clothing.

I will add that I don't tend to sweat heavily and I've never had a problem with body odor. It's possible that some individuals may find this product doesn't work with their body chemistry but it works wonderfully for me. I definitely recommend at least giving this product a try.

THE WORST DEODERANT I'VE EVER USED!

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I have no idea how Tom's of Maine Deoderant made it to a Viewpoints "Best Deoderants"! This is by far the poorest working deoderant, I have ever used.
I was really excited to try this. I love that it's all natural, I've heard some bad things about the chemicals used in standard deoderants and anti-perspirant. I like the smell of apricots, so this deemed perfect. WRONG!
I'm not an overly sweaty or smelly person. I don't require any clinical strength. With Tom's I stunk! It was awful! Never again!!
If you want to smell like a sweaty apricot, by all means, purhcase away. I'll stick with Degree.

Wish it could do more for me

from Oceanside, CA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

My underarms aren't exactly the most normal. It is challenging to find any deodorant that prevents me from perspiring. I really like how Toms deodorant is a more natural alternative. But it really isn't useful for me unless I plan to lay and not do anything. If I wear it before work or exercising or just going out on a hot summer day, it will last me only about 30 minutes before it gets funky. It smells nice at the beginning, but when mixed with sweat and body odor, it doesn't do much to mask it. If you don't perspire much, I would definitely recommend this for you because it doesn't have the harmful aluminums that leading brand deodorants have. I have tried other natural brands...and I keep using Toms every so often because it is the best I have found out of all those. The scent is nice too. It smells like peaches (or apricots, ha!) and it isn't overbearing or anything. Good cause.

YIKES! Not for me

from Greer, SC

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I was excited about this deodorant because it is all natural. Boy was I disappointed. It appears that I was allergic to this deodorant. After about two days of using it my arms broke out in a red burning rash. This rash stung so horribly that I tried to wash the deodorant off, but it still burned. Also, the scent does smell nice on the tube, but when it's in use it does not cover any odor. In fact I believe the body odor scent may have been magnified by this deodorant. I do appreciate the fact that this deodorant does not have aluminum in it, but I think there may be other choices that would be better, actually work, and do not cause allergic reactions.

Great Sent, Great-ish Product.

from Evansville, IN

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I love the idea that Tom's is aluminum free, because it is much heathier but I am a heavy sweater even though Tom's smells amazing I sweat it off... Honestly I rather have pit stains from sweating all the time than have kidney failure or any of the other horible side affects from Aluminum but this product just doesnt with stand the sweat of someone who should be using clinical strength anti persperant.

BAD REACTION TO THIS PRODUCT

from Philadelphia, PA

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

Find out what you are allergic to before purchasing.
After using for 2 weeks my under arms begin to flake very bad. It did not burn but looked like I had been burned. Then my skin turned BLACK under my arms where it was flaking after using 3 weeks. I threw this in the trash and discontinued using. Now I'm looking for a dermatologist. This product had a great smell but was too sticky under the arms after using. After the discoloration I will never use again.

I'm allergic!

from Washington, DC

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I have tried different scents from Tom's of Maine's deoderant family of products. It seems like the only one that I can use is the lavender scent. I am allergic to the rest. This one is probably the worst for me. Initially when I started using it, I had no problems. However, within 2 weeks or so, my underarms starting stinging and itching, and then I saw it peeling. I now use Crystal Rock, which so far has been good for me and has caused me no irritation whatsoever. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to be to find a natural aluminium-free deoderant that is effective for sensitive skin. I suggest that if you have sensitive skin, you should steer yourself away from this product. Oddly enough, unscented version also gave me issues. ToM's has definitely been the least irritating out of other natural brands that I've tried. For those with non-sensitive skin, you should try this! The scent isn't bad, and I had no odor problems through the day, even during the summer when I was sweating a lot!

Tom's of Maine Deoderant Didn't Work For Me!

from West Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I definitely recognize the benefits and have many reasons for searching out a good natural deoderant. I have used many scents in the Tom's of Maine line, and none of them have worked for me.

Although I do like the smell of the deoderants themselves, I found that quickly after applying I would begin to have body odor. I smelled great at first, but the moment I began to sweat I was in trouble.

I also felt that the deoderant was a little uncomfortable on the skin over time. I sometimes began to feel sticky and at other times I felt slimy. These are of course unpleasant, but I would have dealt with that if the odor was controlled by Tom's.

I do think the ingredients seem to be good in these deoderants, though, and I did like the apricot scent. I am usually a tough case when it comes to deoderant and have found it difficult to find a natural product that works (I will be writing more reviews concerning these).

I hope it works for you, but I really can't say that it worked for me.

Tom's of Maine Apricot Deodorant is not the best.

from Arden, NC

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I've been using all-natural products for several years now, and have tried many brands. Tom's of Maine is one of the brands that I trust and use more frequently. I would love to give this deodorant a good review, but it really didn't live up to the expectations that I had. Tom's products are usually very good and work very well. I really love their toothpastes but their deodorants are not quite as good. The Apricot Long Lasting Deodorant does have good ingredients however it doesn't work very well. I've found with most all natural deodorants, the majority do not work well at keeping odor under control. While this deodorant is good to use during the winter, I can't recommend using it during the summer or while exercising. It also does not do a good job of keeping wetness under control. I still find that perspiration shows, although it doesn't leave any marks on my clothing. The good thing about this deodorant is that it is aluminum-free and does not contain any harsh chemicals. It is all-natural and made with essential oils. It has a lovely soft scent that I really do enjoy. However, I just can't recommend using it on a continual basis.

Not sure...

from Stony Brook, NY

Comments about Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick - Apricot:

I read reviews of Tom's of Maine Long Lasting Care Deodorant Stick in Apricot, and decided to give it a go. People said it was good quality, and as someone who has recently been converted to natural products, I figured this was one I should try. I am glad I chose the apricot kind, it has a nice, subtle and pleasant odor, which is a natural scent, very fitting for the type of product it claims to be. It claims to have "12 hour long lasting odor protection." Well, it may for some people, but for me it doesn't quite do the job in the hot, humid weather. It works well for those cooler and winter days where it is not hot outside, but if I am going to be running around a lot, or working out, this does not cut it. It does a decent job, considering the ingredients it contains, so whenever it is enough protection for the day, I always use it. But for those days when it is not enough, I had better not use it by accident, or people next to me will not be happy.