Other Diets:

Pros

Cons

Couldn't maintain it

Comments about The Scarsdale Diet:

A large part of the Scarsdale Diet is making sure you eat close to the right percentages of protein, fat, and carbohydrates. I found that everything hinged on obeying those three amounts. I tried this diet before I knew that it could have some bad effects on my body. The high amount of protein that I was having to take in was really hurting my kidneys. Also, I did not want to risk getting osteoporosis. If you do try this diet, I highly recommend that you only do it for a couple of weeks tops, minimizing the amount of damage that can be done. I did lose about ten pounds over two weeks when I was on the Scarsdale Diet. When I was on this diet, I did not really like the foods that I was limited to, but one nice thing was that the high amount of protein made me feel full so I did not necessarily crave food. Being on this diet also helped me increase the amount of water I drink every day. That was one positive. Overall, I probably wouldn't recommend this diet to my friends or family.

• Side Effects:

Doesn't teach healthy eating habits

from Westchester, IL

Comments about The Scarsdale Diet:

I did the Scarsdale Diet back in college when I didn't have the funds for food. This diet is extremely strict and doesn't teach proper eating habits. This diet will last 14 days. On this diet I was only able to eat 3 meals a day. My breakfast consisted of a piece of fruit, a slice of 100% whole wheat bread, and water. My lunch and dinner was mainly a single serving of lean meat, leafy greens, and an unlimited supply of any sugar free beverage. I stuck with drinking a gallon of water spread out through the day to help me fight off the hunger. My meals came out to about 400 calories for the day. This isn't enough calories for long term use, but if you're looking to cut weight quickly it isn't a bad option as long as you understand the weight will come back once you start eating regular food. At the end of my 14 days I had lost 14 pounds and had better muscle definition. Sadly this only lasted for a couple of days after the diet. Once I increased my calories majority of the weight returned even though I was eating healthy.

• Side Effects:

There are good and bad points to this diet.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about The Scarsdale Diet:

The book for the Scarsdale Diet is one of the many I have collected over the years in an attempt to force myself to eat better, treat my body better, and overall, just feel better. Unfortunately, it became just another diet that I failed to follow through with. That being said, it is not a bad diet. It kept me from feeling starved or denied, I lost some weight, and I could eat as much of certain foods as I wanted (vegetables, etc.). Like that Atkin's Diet, this one fought to eliminate almost all carbohydrates. That is the part that got me. I could have some bread with this diet, but for me it was not enough. I felt tired and worn out on this diet; it was as though I had lost all of my energy. I wanted to work out too, but never did because I could not find any energy to get out and do it. This diet is very strict in what you are allowed to eat and that also drove me away from it. If you are a strict person is able to stick with things religiously, then this is the diet for you.

• Side Effects:

The Diet Will Make You A Better You!

Comments about The Scarsdale Diet:

I can't say one negative thing about this diet. This diet gives me such an overall healthy feeling. I have more energy, I think better, rest better, and seem to have a much more pleasant attitude. Not only will you lose weight , you will lose it fast, easy, and feel wonderful the whole time.

This diet really delivers on the weight loss. You do not lose only water weight as with a lot of other diets. You lose fat and you will lose it fast. I take Lasix for a heart condition so I can tell you honestly that I have no water weight to lose. This diet really does get the weight off, and it is a very healthy way to eat.

Side Effects
As far as personal experience with side effects, I have only had a very brief feeling of tiredness during the first two days of starting this diet. I drank a diet carbonated drink and felt revived and refreshed. After those two day, my body seemed to adjust just fine to the healthier changes I was making.

Incredibly easy to use! There is no reason you can't eat out, or on the run. Meals are already scheduled so you know what you need and can plan ahead. These are not "cooking from scratch with strange recipes to use" , it is basic cooking and planning.

• Side Effects:

Scarsdale diet is effective and fast, no gimmicks

Comments about The Scarsdale Diet:

The Scarsdale diet has been around since the seventies and works today as well as it did then. There are no gimmicks: It's a low calorie diet focusing on protein, vegetables, grapefruit, and unlimited carrots and celery for between meals if you're feeling hungry. That's it. I like this plan very much, because it cuts away empty processed carbohydrate calories and replaces them with nutrient dense fish, chicken, vegetables, and some fruit. It's therefore nourishing on minimal calories with clean, unprocessed food.

When followed correctly, the diet produces fast weight loss. While the diet says to follow it exactly, I never ate the protein bread suggested a few times. I replaced it with more vegetables or a small protein snack.

Side Effects
I had no significant side effects, other than the positive burst of energy you get when removing processed carbohydrate and sugars from your diet. Why I don't live like this all the time is anyone's guess.

No potions, pills, ridiculous food combinations or exotic ingredients. Simple, clean, uncomplicated meals. Yes, you will feel occasional hunger. When hungry between meals I had herbal tea and carrots. It's worth it.

Most Sensible Diet Plan Ever

Comments about The Scarsdale Diet:

After doing lots of research on The Scarsdale Diet, it seemed to be the diet for me. I immediately started following the plan and within weeks, had lost twelve pounds. I felt so good about losing just the twelve that I had to keep on. The Scarsdale Diet is so easy to follow and allows for a little leniency, which helps you feel that you are more in control. With this diet plan, you alternate between two weeks of strict dieting, which is really easy with all of the food choices and then two weeks on a "keep trim" plan. All you do is alternate back and forth and you will definitely see results. This is the easiest diet plan that I have ever used. I really like the great food choices and suggestions. They are all very tasty and filling. The Scarsdale Diet has been a great plan for me and I would most definitely recommend it to anyone whether you are wanting to lose just a few pounds or more. This program definitely works.