3.5
T. Marzetti
T. Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries

T. Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries

3.5

There has got to be something better out there.

Comments about T. Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries:

I'll give it points for looks because it has a beautiful color and texture. The problem comes with the taste. In my opinion, it is barely edible. It does not have any strawberry flavor and the flavor it does have is not particularly pleasant. It is hard to describe but it does detract from the enjoyment of a strawberry pie.

Dress up fresh strawberries for your recipes with glaze.

from southern, NC

Comments about T. Marzetti Glaze for Strawberries:

I love fresh strawberries, and in some cases I like some "sauce" around them. I know how to sugar strawberries, but that kind of breaks the berries down and is kind of mushy which is not a texture I like, so I eat strawberries natural or with glaze.

For a nice strawberry glaze, I really like T. Marzetti. It comes in a plastic container kind of like pimento cheese and is usually up in the produce section so odd place when strawberries are in season.

The main thing I use T. Marzetti strawberry glaze for is Strawberry Punch Bowl Cake which I have up at Yes You Can Cook. But, I can also bake a pie crust, mix fresh strawberries with the glaze and pour that in the crust and have a super fast and easy put tasty pie that tastes homemade.

This is basically a sugar (corn syrup) product, but it does not have fat or cholesterol. So, it's not in the health food section, but it skips over some of the things that I try to watch out for.

I can make a homemade glaze, but that tends to separate in about 24 hours and then tastes OK but does not look so great. This store bought glaze holds together and both tastes and looks good.

Most foods I make from scratch, but I find that I prefer T. Marzetti when looking for a strawberry glaze. It is a pretty glaze and tastes real good too. It is even fine plain on ice cream, but it is best mixed with fresh strawberries.