4.8
Lipton
Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix

Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix

4.8

Really now. Does anyone actually make soup with this?

I've been buying Lipton Onion Soup Mix packs for years, and I've sure never made or eaten any onion soup. Seriously now, has anyone actually made that? I checked. There are directions on the box, but I'm about like my boys on this one. Onion soup? Yuck. That sounds more like cooking water. OK. I'm sure someone will swear it's their all-time favorite. Maybe I'll try it some day - if I get very, very hungry.

I use Lipton Onion Soup packs to flavor. My favorite dish with onion soup mix is potatoes. Yum. Boy. Those are great. They have that recipe on the back (along with other classics like onion dip for chips), but I, of course, doctor the potatoes up a bit.

Here's what I do:

- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds of potatoes (more than on the package due to boys eating so much)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (not vegetable oil - too greasy)
- 1 pack onion soup mix (not made into soup - duh)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (not shredded - oh no - must be hard grated shake stuff)
- fresh ground pepper (optional - but I like it)

Put the oil, soup, and cheese in a gallon zip lock bag. Cut the potatoes into chunks about 1 inch sized. Dump those in the zip lock bag with the other ingredients and shake or roll to coat the potatoes. Bake in a 9 x 12 pan for about 35 minutes at 425 degrees.

Onion soup mix is also good sprinkled in the crock pot with a roast and a little water. Makes a tasty gravy.

Zip up your burgers or meatloaf too by adding this when mixing up.

Yep. Lipton Onion Soup Mix is great stuff. I don't think I'll ever think of it as a soup thing, but it's a great seasoning or baking mix.

Always good to have on hand

I love Lipton Onion Recipe Soup and Dip Mix. I always keep these on hand. I love to make dip using the onion soup mix and  a container of light sour cream, great for dipping chips and veggies in! Onion soup mix makes a great base flavor for many different kinds of soups, makes a great flavoring for beef roasts, also great on baked red potatoes, mix a little olive oil, red potatoes and onion soup mix together, bake in the oven, and you have some tastey little potatoes (reipe on the back of the box). I usually buy the bulk packages at costco to save some money and always have a few boxes of Liptioin Onion Soup and Dip mix in my pantry.

A quick, easy mix for a delicious dip!

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

I love the Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix because it always speeds up the process for making my soups and dips. This mix is great in french onion soup and has just the right amount of saltiness in it. However, for the dip mix it is a little too salty so I'd recommend toning the saltiness down in some way, either by adding more sour cream or adding fresh onions to the mix. The mix is cheap and I like how it has multiple packages in a package so I'm not running out to the store every time I need one. I use the Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix about once a week, and while it does have the onion taste to it, my kids who hate onions, love this mix for dip! It's a great mix that cuts your time, but not the taste!

Me and my dad

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

I can remember this soup from what seems like so long ago. My dad was the family cook the majority of the time. I would watch him excitedly every time he would let me! On holidays my father would use this delicious mix to make home made gravy for the potatoes and stuffing. As an adult, I often try to recall each and every recipe and I now use the Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix myself. I use it to make the gravy I remember my father making and have come up with a few of my own recipes as well. The mix is amazingly delicious and can be used for quite a few purposes. I use it most often for gravy, meat loaf flavoring and making French onion dip. It definitely is a high quality product that I have enjoyed over the years and I continue to enjoy. Only one word of caution though, be gentle with it, it is very easy to over season something as the mix is pretty salty and highly concentrated, or should I say, flavorful.

Easy dinners

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

I always have several boxes for Lipton Onion Soup Mix on hand. I LOVE this product!

For parties, I use it with sour cream and it makes a great dip for veggies, chips or whatever else you want to dip.

For rice or any other grain, it gives it a great flavor. It is a wonderful mix for crock pot recipes. With this mix, you don't need one single other spice ingredient.

It has little pieces of dried onion, which softens up to give a little texture to any meal. The powder inside smells strong but once mixed into a dish, it is subtle enough not to be overpowering but strong enough to stand on its own and need nothing else to add flavors.

A list of ingredients: Ingredients: Onions, salt, corn starch, sugar, corn syrup solids, caramel color, hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, yeast extract, monosodium glutamate, natural flavors, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate.

Lipton Onion Soup Mix makes awesome onion dip!

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

When I was looking for the best onion soup mix to make a dip with sour cream and bacon bits mentioned in a certain favorite childhood book series, I got Lipton's Onion Soup Mix and couldn't BELIEVE how good the dip turned out! Delicious, the onion flavor was real and not overly salty, it was so CREAMY when mixed with the sour cream, and it tasted AMAZING with both the regular and the barbecue chips I ate with it. Definitely try it, and you'll think twice about homemade onion dip versus store-bought!

One great dip for potato chips.

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

When it is mixed with sour cream, Lipton Onion Soup makes the best potato chip dip I've ever tasted. It is creamy and savory and coverts plain potato chips into the greatest sour cream and onion chips. As a personal preference, I prefer thick, crinkled potato chips with this dip, and the dip has to be nicely set and chilled. Enjoy!

Amazing Product!

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

At first I was hesitant to buy a dry soup/dip mix but I figured that i'd give it a shot anyways. To my surprise, this was one of the most used ingredients in all the my meat dishes. I mean, you can use this as a dip for chips, a broth for rice, or a seasoning for your meat. It's so versatile and you can get creative with it. My favorite thing to use it with is neck bones. All you have to do is put it in the water and you're done. Perfectly seasoned meat. It's great for parties and different events that have catered food and snacks. If you haven't tried it, I think you might want to now. I have never had anyone say that they didn't like the way that my food has tastes because of this product. It has a taste that everyone will love. I made some dip with this simply just adding sour cream to it and everyone thought that it was a store bought, ready to eat dip. I strongly recommend this product. It's fantastic!

So Amazing

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

Lipton Onion Recipe Soup and Dip mix has such an amazingly flavorful taste, I usually add it to my meatloaf. This mix makes my meatloaf taste unbelievably good and moist. I have tried other types of seasoning on my meatloaf in the past and didn't get nowhere near the results I get when I use Lipton.

The best!

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

Lipton Onion Soup & Dip Mix is seriously the best tasting mix packet ever! I have never made onion soup with it before, but I've cooked with it and made chip dip! The taste of this mix is awesome. It has an authentic onion taste with just the perfect amount of spice and texture. It tastes great in full fat sour cream as well as fat free sour cream. It is perfect with plain potato chips. This dip is always the hit of the party and it is cheap and easy to make!

Flavorful

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

Lipton onion recipe soup & dip mix is a staple in my kitchen pantry. Whenever I cook a roast, I sprinkle one packet of liptons onion recipe soup & dip mix on top of my roast, pour one half cup of water on the roast and bake. I love the flavor liptons onion soup & dip mix bring to my roast, it comes out perfectly seasoned every time.

Other uses that lipton onion soup & dip mix serve are, I use the packet to season homemade hamburgers, meat loaf, steaks, beef stew,baked chicken, gravy and I use it when I roast potatoes in the oven.

I am sure there are many other uses one could get from using lipton onion soup & dip mix. These are just a few things I have made with lipton onion soup & dip mix.

Lipton recipe secrets soup mixes comes in several other flavors, they include vegetable, savory herb & garlic, beefy onion and onion mushroom. There may be other flavors available but these are the ones I am aware of and have used.

One of my favorite things of all times to add to mealtime

from Texas City, TEXAS

Comments about Lipton Onion Recipe Soup & Dip Mix:

I love this product. Cannot say enough about it. I use this in about eight percent of everything I cook for dinner. Last night I made beef rice pilaf and added one pack to add the onion flavor it needed. But the thing I love most about this product is the fact that it taste like more than just onion. There are other spices and seasonings that they add that can make the simplest dishes a grand dinner. Great in soups, meatloaf, roast, rice, pinto beans. You can find a whole line of recipes online that call for Lipton Soup Mix. I would definitely recommend to anyone who loves spice and onion flavor in their food. Great product! Each package comes with two soup mixes and it is so affordable. There are several different variety packs to choose from and they are all amazing. Even my kids have noticed a difference in my cooking since using this. My husband hates onions but loves the meals I make with this mix. Can't explain it..It is that good