Other Computer Security Softwares:
Anti Virus Software, Anti-Malware, Anti-Spyware, Parental Control Software, Spyware Protection
Symantec
Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011

Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011

Pros

Cons

• Compatibility:

Want protection? Norton will keep away viruses.

I was excited to get a free download of Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011. I have had free trials in the past and bought it for my last computer. I loved it. Read complete review

Downloading Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 was a cinch except I did have to shut down my computer twice and once I was told the installation had less than one minute and it took about three (yes I was checking!).

It automatically protects me. I didn't have to set a time. Every day I get a popup of details. For example one day I was told the there were "few users" and that "75% of CPU" was being used.

Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 is constantly running live updates. Three minutes ago (I saw this when I went to details) Norton blocked something suspicious.

Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 is anti-virus, anti-spyware (Note that some security programs are not anti-virus they are just anti-spyware. You have to be careful that you have both on your computer.), has a smart firewall, e-mail protection, intrusion prevention,  download protection, and safe surfing to name a handful of protections Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 gives me.

I can find the cities with the most cybercrimes and also the latest threats.

I am lucky enough to have software from a company but if I didn’t then without a doubt I would be Norton. I really don’t know of any program on the commercial market that is as good.

For free, I really can't complain about Norton.

If I did not get Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 for free thenI would have never got it at all. I have always used free virus and other internet threat prevention software and see no reason to even buy the software or pay for any upgrades. Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 installed easily and took about as long as expected, I wish the time could have been shorter. The quick scan took about 5 minutes which is OK I guess but the full scan took so long I thought it never would finish, I think it took about 3 plus hours to do. All that waiting to tell me something I already knew, no threats. I will keep using Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 because it has free updates for a while and should keep any new virus off my computer. Though I think the companies who make antivirsu software pay people to come up with viruses just to get people to buy their software and keep paying for those updates. That is why I stick to free and thats why I am using Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 but I will never pay for it or any updates

nortan is the best

from Waco, Texas

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

Norton is fast and reliable, and very user friendly. Also Norton inexpensive. No One should go without antivirus protection. I would recommend it to all PC users, as it has saved my computers a number of times from viruses.

Detection Rate
I believe, at least for me the detection is very good. As long as I have had my computer I have had Norton, it has caught several viruses before, it attached to my computer files.

Norton is very easy, anyone who knows the computer can install and work Norton.

Scan Speed
For my computer Norton scans very fast.

Norton updates regularly.

Compatibility
Norton is very compatible with Windows computers.

• Compatibility:

Safety & Security with Quality ? Read to find out.

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

Norton has been a long lasting member for Security on computers for a long time now. Since man has been able to web surf man has been plagued by Viruses & plenty of other security threats. Norton Internet Security 2011 works hard to prevent your computer to be another victim of such threats as key loggers and Trojan horse viruses. The security uses a scanning tool to search and clean your PC along with current updates to keep even the newest of viruses at bay. Its just about the prefect security except for on flaw i found with the service. That is on older PC's you may be only able to do the scan . On an older PC i had i was unable to surf the web or check FaceBook while the program was running. On my gaming rig the i was able to run the security while playing Battlefield 4. Norton has stepped up its security and provides you with a great product that WILL keep you safe.

Norton Internet Security is a front-runner

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

As far as anti-virus and Internet security programs go, I have not had a better overall experience with any other security provider. McAfee and AVG do not perform as well, nor do they catch as many viruses as Norton (from my experience). And....you can't beat the price for the digital downloads that you kin find online.

Detection Rate
I have been using Norton for many years - and I can't recall ever getting a virus on a computer that was running Norton.

There isn't much "use" involved. This program pretty much does everything on it's own. It scans your system regularly, and updates itself as needed.

Scan Speed
The speed of the scan really depends on the speed of your computer.

Availability of Updates
Frequent updates are added, as new viruses and threats become known.

Compatibility
I have only ever used this program on Windows PC's, so I can't speak to the compatibility of other operating systems. However, Norton works great with windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, etc.

• Compatibility:

This product works awesome!

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

This product works awesome! It has everything you need in 1 program. It will scan and detect viruses, trojans, and any other malicious software that is installed on the computer. It has frequent updates for new viruses and etc to protect you.

It is pretty easy to use but could be a little more friendlier to non computer savvy people.

Scan Speed
The scanning speed will always depend on your computers capability. If your computer is slow it will run slow, if your computer is fast it will run fast.

Availability of Updates
Lots of updates and very frequent.

Compatibility
Compatibility for most windows and the latest.

A great firewall

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

This is the best firewall i have ever used. it is so good at protecting my computer i barley have to update it i scan vary fast and it isn't super expensive. i totally recommend this for family computers office computers and school computers. this is one of the best antiviruses anyone can use it.

NIS 2012

from Amarillo, TX

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

I have previously had this on my system. When I installed this new program I lost my previous remaining days of coverage, not sure why? Talked to tech support and they got it fixed. Other than that all else seema good.

Detection Rate
seems to detects virurusis really good.

was very easy to install and easy to use.

Scan Speed
seems like it scans at a good fast rate.

checks for updates daily

works with many systems

Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011 is good product

from Stockbridge, GA

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

excellent installation directions and time it took. Has not seemed to slow computer down. Gives me high CPU usage notice so guess I need to upgrade. Have had one malware virus "arcadecandy" that it doesn't detect but then my others dont either so cant really give it a bad rating on that.

Detection Rate
finds alot of security breeches

very easy to use

Scan Speed
fast and works in background

Availability of Updates
updates anytime you want it to

no problems

excellent product

from Rosedale, MD

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

I was finally able to install the product and it is quicker than I thought it would be. It is just perfect for my use. I have been using this product for nearly a year now and it has not failed me yet. It automatically performs a security check of my personal computer on a routine basis so I don't have to worry about a thing. Helps me out big time!!!

Great

from Lake Charles, LA

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

Even better then the norton 2010 was ya gotta try it. So far no trouble it does not slow down computer like the old nortons did it keeps me up and running good I would use it again and again it is a very good program

good

so easy to use

very fast

Availability of Updates
anways updating so ya know ya are covered

Compatibility
works with all my programs

Norton provides great security

from Overland Park, KS

Comments about Symantec Norton Internet Security 2011:

Installed quickly and cleaned out a bunch of junk from my computer!  Has reduced the amount of spam mail I receive.  Computer is a bit slower, but worth it. I have a tendency to overload my computer with a lot of extras that I just don't need. The Symantec Norton Internet Security helps me so I don't hoard unnecessary junk on my system. I would recommend. I think it is especially nice if you share a computer with kids who like to download games, videos, etc.