Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0

Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0

Pros

Cons

• Compatibility:

Norton 360 4.0 virus be aware here he comes!

The first couple of day I was so upset I was about to write a bad review I couldn't see my emails with pictures and could not  make the support button work and my blog was almost gone and geez I was about to blow .I was trying to fix it myself like I rather do **wrong!**.Ok if you gotten this far here is the Good part I went online and got the support trough the web I don’t like to much the idea of someone remotely touching my pc is like my little baby I put it together and always fix it again wrong! It was just as simple as to reset my internet explorer for everything to work like a Swiss clock well oil machine etc .I never had any trouble with this that I do consider very important the older version of this very same literally eat my computer memory up. This little guy **updates scans **your computer and **protects **you from** phishing sites Trojan and all without slowing you down one bit** heck…. **it even tweaks your pc!**I was the very happy it was something I haven't remotely though about what was causing the mess sometimes you just can't do it all. well nevertheless to say after i got this issue fix was the closest to perfect antivirus software I have and safest don’t take me wrong I was always sure and always used to say **Norton 360 or synemantec products are great for protection** and has the better removal tools but will make your pc slow well Not anymore!They done it now you will have your pc running smooth and fast and cleaner than ever!If you are considering to get you all in one lean mean antivirus machine Norton 360 is your choice!I don't want to forget **customer support for this company is outstanding **.They send me a folow up email plus before that in case I lost conection a ling to reenter with the same support tech person I love that it happen to me before you loose comunication and you have to start all over to put the cherry in the topping they send me a survey and since I happily answer that I got a Norton PC Checkup I do have this already in the norton 360.But I have to say their costumer service yet again is out of this world!

I'm thinking of uninstalling Norton 360 V4.0

I like control of my own life and things related to my life. Norton takes over the computer, and in the guise of 'protecting' you, controls every move. Sounds something like the government (but that's another story for another time).

The very first thing I don't like is the taking up of my screen real estate. Norton added a toolbar at the top of the web screen and doesn't make it easy to remove; at least I couldn't without turning Norton right off.

If you walk away and return, you will find a notice in the bottom right hand corner telling you Norton is working in the background doing some kind of check. Do I really need to know this. If it is doing what it is suppose to do, why do I have to be reminded or told. Is this a form of advertising? Always keeping the Norton name in front of you?

I entered my information into it's 'secure' database, and yes, it does fill in my forms and information, BUT, I have two email addresses at the same source (gmail) and it never lets me into the second one. And what's even worse, it goes to the one I use the least. Norton does like control.

Have you tried to uninstall Norton? I have. Even using their uninstall, it shows up afterward. Only after installing a new version did it uninstall the old and install the new.

And icons? They show up on the desktop and in the bottom taskbar. And don't forget, it already is on the web pages. Quite frankly, I find them a pain.

I also keep my data on a SD card for Word and Excel. I plugged in a USB drive and Norton did a scan on it right away. That's fine (and it should do it in the background), but then I click on the drive to copy pictures onto my C: drive, and Norton opened the SD card and the USB, scanned again, both. Every time I clicked on a JPEG file on the USB it opened both the SD and the USB and did a scan. A pain. I finally had to remove the SD card, and I was then able to continue uninterruped.

Overall, I am not impressed. I think I'll take my chances with viruses. Fortunately, I usually format my hard drive a couple times a year anyway to get rid of unused stuff (and my data is almost always stored OFF the computer or hard drive). A format, a program reinstall, and away I go again, just like having a new computer twice a year.

Does Norton 360 V4.0 do what it should do? Does it catch and stop viruses from attacking the computer? I am going to think the answer is, yes. I have not noticed any problems with the operating system (I use Windows Vista) since it has been installed (but then, I didn't really notice any before - I think my router actually catches a lot before the signal even comes to the rest of the system). I believe it does catch and stop viruses. In that respect, it is an insurance.

The one thing I have noticed is the tracking of 'cookies.' It does advise and remove cookies from the system. This is probably a good thing.

Would I recommend Norton 360 version 4.0?

I believe each person has to do their own due diligence (which may be why you are here) and make their own assesments. Norton may be perfect for you, Norton may be perfect for your application, and Norton just might be the 'cats meow' in many situations. I, personally, am not pleased with the control it takes, the interruptions it causes, the messages it constantly has to give you (it's like your life just can't go on without Norton), and the overall presence of it (icons, etc) on the system. Yes, I may just TRY to remove it again. I'm sure it won't let me and it will still be there until my next format.

This is only my opinion, but every situation has it's pros and cons. Hope this helps.

Harvey Gordon

the most powerful

from san salvdor, el salvador

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Easy To Navigate
  • Fast and Powerful
  • Great Features
  • Makes Collaboration Easy

Cons

• Financial Information
    • Improving Efficiency

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

the most powerful when annihilate destroy viruses Trojans, we all need in our PC

• Primary use:
    • Personal
    • Computer Platform:
    • PC

Perfect protection for your computer.

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

Before I bought this product I was always having problems with getting viruses on my computer, and my computer functioning slowly. This product has taken viruses off of my computer several times. It also will let me know if a website is taking up too much space or if it is causing my computer to run too slowly. It is super easy to use. Once it is downloaded it will remind you when you need to have it check your system for viruses. I always forget to check if I need to run it, so I love that it reminds me. Beside just viruses it will run checks on Identity, Backup, and Tune-up. It will also let you know if any of these areas need fixed. It is very inexpensive and you can use one account on several different devices. There are 3 computers at my house all protected with it. You just have to pay a fee to update it every year. It is the most simple thing to update your subscription. I love it!!!

• Compatibility:

I trust Norton 360 and have for many years.

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

I tried another product that was highly recommended by the computer manufacturer and the security and tools were not nearly as efficient with Norton 360.

Detection Rate
    As long as I keep it updated it does well at detecting viruses, malware, spyware, trojans and more.

I've been using Norton 360 for several years. The thing I like about ease of use is the language and familiar format with each upgrade. New formats are explained to my satisfaction.

Scan Speed
    The scan speed on the 2014 software is speedy and accurate even on the older machine.

Availability of Updates
    This product is easy to find in almost any store that sells computers or computer software and is renewable online as well.

Compatibility
    I've never had a problem with comparability.

• Compatibility:

Norton gets it right without taking up too much memory!

from Bend, OR

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

I finally found antivirus protection that works well and doesn't take up too much space on my computer. Norton 360 Premier includes virus protection, internet security and 25GB of online storage. There are some pretty cool features including one that checks your Facebook news feed for bad links. Anyone that uses Facebook knows that there are number of viruses if you click on the wrong link and this product helps to inform you of the potential dangers. There is also a feature that I don't use because I don't have kids, but you can track the websites that your kids go to online and block certain sites. It's called Norton Online Family.

I really like the Login Assistant feature which stores all of my login information for different websites so that I don't have to type it in each time I visit a website. Instead, I login to the Login Assistant and when I go to a website, my username and password is already there so I just have to hit enter. If I don't want to use it, I just don't log in.

It includes Norton Safe Web which will show me which sites are ok to visit when I do a search. You can download the toolbar to search from any screen. I liked this product so much last year that I bought it again this year. It's well worth the money!

This is a great anti-virus program for 3 computers and it works.

from Lexington, NC

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

This is a great anti-virus program for 3 computers and it works well with laptops, desktops and netbooks . The subscription lasts for one year. It has been installed for over a six months and I have had no problems to develop.

Former state of the art but now is resting on its laurals

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

Have depended on Norton for years but now find them to be slipping from "State of the Art" to "Needs improvement in communication skills and response methods. Still using them but unless there is improvement I will be considering another product.

• Compatibility:

Norton 360 - So Simple even a non geek can do it.

from Roundup, MT

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

**Norton™ 360 version 4.0 All-In-One Security **I have installed and used this program.

Provides online safety. checks for virus, spy ware, malware, adware and more.  And it does it while your computer is idle. It is so easy since it is mostly automatic.  Also automatic are Downloads updates, new definiitions to continue to keep your computer safe and error free. Now even helps to protect your identity and has anti-phishing built in.

I have been using **Norton™ 360 version 4.0 All-In-One Security** for some time now.  I have since purchased the full version for my wifes computer as well as for my business computer.

This is the one that really does it all. There are none better.

** **

Can be set to run on its own.

Can use auto update.

Compatibility
    Am using this on three ( 3 ) different computers with 3 people.

quick & easy to understand

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

I totally forgot that I received this!  I only recently downloaded Norton 360 and was very happy with the way it downloaded and how easy it was to "get around". Some Anti-virus programs are so difficult for a not so computer literate person, such as myself to understand.  I love the Norton Insight that appears to "mark" trusted files so that scanning your computer goes more quickly.  I don't believe other Anti-virus programs have this. AND everything is basically automatic.  Just fix your settings the way you want them to be and VIOLA everything works without having to bother, makes it easy to "forget" you even have it...what a great product this is, set it and forget it ..what could be better! I definitely will be adding it to my other computers.

Detection Rate
    The computer I had Norton on has since died but while it was up and running, once I installed the Norton 360 version 4 I really had no problems with viruses, worm or trojans. A little box would appear in the lower right corner of my screen telling Norton had block such & such from entering my computer ..something I really appreciated.

couldn't ask for anything easier to use. Install and it ran totally on its own.

Scan Speed
    Ran quick full scans without my even realizing it was running.

Availability of Updates
    automatically updated with no problems

Compatibility
    I had no compatibility issues.

The Complete Package

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

The Symantec Norton 360 Version  4.0 is the total package for computer protection. It is supossed to be  a lot better than the Norton Internet security, and overall it is!!!!!!!! The computer won't lock up, it is easy to use, it gives you protection (anti-virus). It also gives you automatic updates, automatic back-up and restore. In addition, there is anti-phishing, firewall protection, and it's a real lifesaver.

Some of the cons of this device is that this software seems to do a lot of background tasks, it is expensive, and that causes gives the effect of that it slows up the pc a lot. It is not the the best program for scheduling, and the browser loading time gets longer and longer, as you keep the program longer and longer.

Overall, this program gives excellent protection for your computer.  However, this software, so it might slow your computer down....  A LOT!!!!!!!!!

Detection Rate
    This detects many cookies, and virusus. I love it.

Its a great software, but it slows my computers down.

Scan Speed
    The scan speed is a little slow in my opinion.

Availability of Updates
    They have an average of available updates, but not to much as to overdo it.

Compatibility
    ITs very compatible with my computer.

Quality, trustworthy security solution

from Oswego, IL

Comments about Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0:

I had a very good experience with this product.  Fortuitously, I was offered the software as a sample, just as my old anti-virus program had expired AND my computer was infected with some malware.

I had tried a number of solutions a few days before to remove the malware and it was insidious-kept coming back somehow while I was in between programs to secure my computer.  Once I had the Norton 360 installed, I had no more problems with the malware reappearing.

I have not noticed any performance issues with my system while it runs in the background doing its regular scans.  The program itself was quick and easy to install as well as do my initial scan.  I am a big fan of being able to see the reports of what's been blocked, cleaned, removed, etc.

While it might be a little robust for the average user, I think it's a good fit for me since I am online all day, every day.  I have a lot of trust that with my sensible use of the Internet and the security of Norton 360, that my system is very well protected.