Other Mousses:

Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse

Doesn't Hold Up to Its Name

from South Elgin, IL

Comments about Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse:

It always seems to happen this way. Once you find a hair product you really like, the manufacturer discontinues it, and you're back to square one. This is what happened to me this past month with my mousse. I had been using [Lum? Professional Hydrating Styling Mousse][1] , a house brand from Aldi's. I liked it over many of the regular brands I've bought at the store. Now I can't find it anymore there, leading me to believe they have discontinued it. I decided to try Suave Max Hold Volumizing Mousse, as if an Aldi's house brand works that well, why not the just as cheap Suave? I'm looking for two things from my mousse - hold and volume. I was finding that the Lum? did both. This Suave mousse definitely holds my style. True, I have to use it in the Max Hold with the power of 8, but it works. I can style my hair at the beginning of the day, and by the end, barring being caught in a snow storm, rain storm, hail storm, or wind storm (it's Chicago ... we get all of these ... sometimes all in one day)), my style is still there. I find I don't have to restyle again before I go out at night even, and that's a great benefit for me.As far as volume, it doesn't seem to work as well. In fact, it doesn't seem to work at all. While it holds my curl and style really well, it's just not as ... "big" as I want it. I've said it before ... I came into adulthood in the 80s. I like big hair. I don't find it when I use this Suave Mousse. It's not that it doesn't volumize that well, it doesn't volumize at all.One other thing about the Suave Max Hold Volumizing Mousse that grates on me a little, is that my hair doesn't absorb it when I apply it. After getting out of the shower and towel-drying my hair, I apply the mousse, and it just sits there. It doesn't absorb into my hair, and no matter how much I put into my hand, I have to wipe off a certain amount of excess.I don't feel I expect a lot out of my mousse, to ask for it to hold and provide volume. If it has these words within the title of the product, it should at least do these two things that it promises. It only does half of its title. That's not enough to get me to buy it again.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Lume-Professional-Hydrating-Styling-Mousse-Medium-Hold-review-27e615

Suave Extra Hold Mousse controls my curly hair!!

from Morrisonville, NY

Comments about Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse:

Suave Extra Hold Shaping Mousse is the only product that controls my crazy naturally curly hair! If you were to see my hair without Suave mousse in it you would laugh...seriously. My hair would be frizzy, puffy, and just out of control. I use a huge handful of Suave Extra Hold Shaping Mousse on my fresh out of the shower, wet, prebrushed hair. I then brush it out and skrunch up the hair to get it curly. I then let it air dry. Sometimes the mouse makes my hair crunchy, but I put a lot in...and I mean a lot in my hair so it is kind of understandable. When it gets crunchy I just run my hand over the hair and crunch it up and smooth it (never brush it after it air dries...or poof...crazy hair comes back...lol!!) and it helps it to look less crunchy and feel more soft. I have people ask me what I put in my hair and feel silly by saying "Suave mousse" as if I am suppose to name some expensive professional product or something, but it is Suave Extra Hold Shaping Mousse that makes my curly, out of control, hair look great!!

Smells Terrific

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse:

Once in a while, especially on rather humid days, I find myself with some extra friz in my hair. This is when my handy dandy **Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse** comes in! I've tried many mousse's in my lifetime, and this one is definitely my favourite. Furthermore, I love love LOVE the smell. It smells so clean and fresh like you just came out of the shower when you didn't. As for the results, just a sprit of it, perhaps a quarter-sized ball of foam on my sideburns or the top of my head and my hair is kept in place without that crunchy nasty results you get from hairgel. It disappears clear, and leaves no nasty residue. I'd say it lasts about 6 hours. They make a smaller-sized that can be found at Target. If you need to carry one with you at work or at school, that's a great solution. I'd say it can be used for both genders of all hair-types. The wonderful scent is gender-neutral and very attractive - I can't stress this enough!

ok but could be better

from Rockford, IL

Comments about Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse:

I have super fine hair that I wear in a short messy spikey bob. I usually like to make my hair stand before I go out.  I have tried a number of hair products looking for the one that does a good job at a minimal price.  Unfortunately, this product doesn't really work as well as some of the others do for me.  It gives my hair good volume but the hold doesn't last long enough.  Within a few hours the hold is usually gone and I have to rework it.  It works better for me if I blow dry my hair and then apply it dry and comb it through but then it doesn't exactly give me the control that I need.

I have found that the puttys tend to work better on my hair as they give me the control, body and hold that I need.  They tend to last all day and I can usually apply them either to my wet or dry hair and they still work.  Unfortunately, they are a bit pricier.

I think that this product probably works great for people who don't have such fine hair as myself and the price is right too.

Suave Max is great for longer hair!

from Bartlesville, OK

Comments about Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse:

I have hair past my shoulders and if I want to keep waves in the last 2 inches Suave Max can do it.  I can always depend on it to make sure my bangs stay where I want them even after being out in the wind.  This a great product and is one of the least expensive also.

Suave Max-- The Best!!

from Myrtle Beach, SC

Comments about Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse:

I tried this mousse for the first time because it was the cheapest one at Wal-Mart. I have really curly hair that is difficult to tame but this product really worked!! It held my hair better than the more expensive brands that I had tried.  There is no flaky build-up either, which was a problem with other products. It holds pretty much all day long.  Even if I have extra money, I continue to buy this product...still the cheapest one there!

Suave volumizing Mousse is an affordable everyday essential

from Lincoln, NE

Comments about Suave Max hold volumizing Mousse:

I have a very high opinion of Suave brand for providing good quality at very good prices, so when I started looking for a mousse, I checked them first. I have very fine, mostly straight hair that frizzes easily and tends to fall flat on my head. On my bad hair days I look like a wet cocker-spaniel.

The Suave Mousse does the job. It is not greasy. You do have to shake the can quite seriously before you get it out, otherwise it doesn't "mousse-up". When you first put it on, it feels a bit slick, but it dries quickly to the point where it really doesn't feel like anything. It's just there, holding the frizz down. If you happen to overdo it in a spot, the hair sort of crusts together, but not to the extent that it's visible. I would say that the product does a better job of fighting the frizz than of adding body to my hair, but only slightly so. It does hold well for a whole working day and is practically odorless, so overall, I would say it's a great everyday staple.