Other Mousses:
Clairol
Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse

Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse

Good mousse for styling curly hair.

This mousse works great on my curly, frizzy hair. I've tried many different products and most of them either made my hair stiff and crunchy or didn't do anything for the frizziness. Herbal Essences controls the frizz and gives curls more definition and shine. I don't like using a lot of differnt products on my hair and this is the only one I need to use to get the job done. It does take a little trial and error to find just the right amount to use for your hair. It will make your hair crunchy if you use too much but this is true about any product.

Totally Doesn't Work

I continue my search for a mousse that will give me volume, as well as hold my curl. Last month I wrote about my experience with [TRESemme Thermal Creations Volumizing Mousse,][1] and another member of the Viewpoints community had suggested I try a V05 product, yet I couldn't find it at the store, so I ended up with Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse.

I tried it that first morning when it really mattered. My daughter was having pictures for her upcoming ballet recital taken, and I wanted some loose curls in the style she needed to wear. She also needed to do a quick change out of that style into a bun. I simultaneously had to do my own hair with my own loose curls.

Neither of us held the curls long. I tried to spring hers up a little before she went in for her pictures, but her thick hair seemed to look straggly from my viewpoint. The curls didn't stay, just very, very loose bends, just like mine. Additionally, the product promises to keep the humidity out of your hair, but her hair that tends to frizz out in humidity got even more so. I had to keep putting a smoother in trying to smooth out the frizzies to get it in the bun, but to no avail. True, it was a very rainy day, but the product promised to keep out the humidity.

There were a few things I did enjoy about the Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse. For one I loved the lavender smell. The can promised a "fresh lavender twist" along with "jade extracts." It truly smells delightful. In addition, it promises to be shiny and springy with a weightless formula. The springy, not so much, but it definitely leaves the hair shiny with a product that seems weightless. My hair is so smooth after using it, I literally have to keep touching it. The smell and softness could lead to some great cuddling!

However, it's not a product I can continue to use if it won't keep the curl and won't help tame the frizzies that run rampant through my and my daughter's hair. For those with naturally curly hair, I can imagine the product might work well, but for those of us with manufactured curls via a curling iron, it simply doesn't hold up.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/TRESemme-Thermal-Creations-Volumizing-Mousse-review-d7294

Good product

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

I tend to change the items that I use in my daily routine. I like products that I can decide if it will work for the look I am going for that particular day. This product Clairol Herbal essences twisted curl boosting mousse lets me decide if I want that extra curl in my hair.
I have the type of hair that is wavy if I don't do anything to it but it just looks bad if I don't straighten it or don't add any product to it.
This boosting mousse makes a huge difference in my hair and how it looks for the day. I like how it helps boost my hair volume. I have pretty thin hair and this product does a good job at making my hair have more oomph to it. Plus the part that helps to make my hair curly works out really well.
My morning routine after a shower is to apply this stuff to my hair after I towel dry it. Once I've put a large handful of this stuff through my hair the majority of the time I just let it air dry. Some days though if I have time I will blow dry it and it still comes out great.

Great for scrunchy curls!

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mouse is so great for just applying to the hair for a quick do. I have pretty thick, course, wavy hair, so when I apply this mousse to my hair and scrunch my hair, it makes for a really cute, quick beachy look. I don't have to worry about it drying out my hair and I love the way it makes my hair look and feel. It also smells so wonderful and at a price that is very affordable. I go through about two cans a month because I have such long hair, but I generally don't have to use a whole lot to get the effect I am going for. This also works well with heat products like curling irons and flat irons. It keeps the hair in place and allows for a very sleek look. I would definitely recommend this to those with or without curls for a quick, just out of the shower look. I have thick hair so I would recommend to those with thicker hair and encourage all hair types to at least try it. Great Product from a great brand!

Clairol Herbal Essences TotallyTwisted Mousse gives big hair!

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse will give you big hair! It’s totally twisted but in a good way. I really like this stuff. It gives “big volume” to my medium to thin textured hair. When I use this product my hair looks about “45% thicker” than it really is, and I’d call that remarkable. I think this mousse will work on “any hair type”. But hey, don’t get me wrong, it’s not perfect, but it’s kind of close. I say that because it can be “sticky and icky”. The mousse that is! I always have to wash my hands immediately after I use it. It’s okay though because it delivers magic to my hair. The effect of the mouse is instant and dramatic. It makes my hair look shinny too. My hair looks prettier than it is. I’m lucky, these days my hair is pretty. However, after using this stuff, my hair goes from pretty to gorgeous! I like the pretty texture and color of the mousse as well. It is easy to dispense the mousse, but sometimes the top of it gets plugged. It’s easy to fix though... All you have to do is run the top of it under hot water and try again, and before you know it, here comes the mousse. I love the smell of it. The smell is “clean and sweet”. The design of the container is tres chic and unique, and the bright color of it will catch many a gaze. The size is a good size and it will last for months and months. I think the price is a bit much, and kind of expensive. It’s a good deal if you get it on sale or use a coupon. Overall, I’m happy with “Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse”, and I give an “8” on a scale of “1-10”. It gets (4 STARS), and that’s pretty good. If you want your hair to look big or full and thick, then this mousse if for you!

Leaves hair stiff and stringy....

from Houston, TX

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

I've always been a fan of Herbal Essence so naturally, I tried the Culr Boosting Mousse for my curly hair. LOVE how if foams up so I don't have to use too much of the product. I love having soft curls for a night out and for work... NOT the product for that type of style. It leaves your hair stiff, and stringy; which, is perfect for me when I'm going for the messy pony tail look.... just a big NO NO for soft curls. I'm a BIG fan of L.A. Looks Cashmere Curls which is the only product I've found can acheive the soft curls.

Overall, I'd have to say that depending on the style I want to acheive, this product is ok.

Herbal Essences Mousse is my fav.!!

from Edroy, TX

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

I absolutely love this mousse. I have tried several different ones but this one has worked the best for me. I keeps my hair curly but not hard or dry. I plan on using this one for a long time. I even got my boyfriend using it :)

Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse Curls and Smells Great

from Crystal Lake, IL

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

Being someone with curly hair that has gotten rather fine over the years I need a good nice light weight mousse when I want my hair to look extra special. Since I love the Herbal Essences Totally Twisted line I figured I would like the mousse.

The Herbal Essences Totally Twisted mousse works really great on my hair. It is not overly thick and a little goes a long way, usually more squirts out then I really need. But it does a great job on my hair. It gives my curls nice control and it doesn't weigh my hair down.

The Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Mousse also smells really good and the smell stays with me. I have been told many times how good my hair smells when I use it.

There is only one mousse I like better that this one but this is the more reasonably priced one and it does a great job. it gives me a great curls and makes me smell nice. No complaints here.

Great for Naturally Curly Hair

from Charleston, WV

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

I have naturally curly hair that just goes everywhere and this works great for keeping the frizz down.  Does not feel sticky after I have applied it to my hair and it has a really nice scent.  The dispenser is easy to use and the product come sout easily.  Plus it is reasonably priced.  Try it!

Good mousse for styling curly hair.

from Bishopville, SC

"Stiff, Hard & Sticky"!

from obɐɔıɥɔ, IL

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

Got a perm recently and was told to use mousse in my hair. I picked up a 6.8oz can of this "Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse". The can says: **"**Be a bouncing babe....I'll help keep humidity out of your hair and give curls and waves a lush boost. The twist? I make your hair shiny and springy with my weightless formula fused with french lavender & jade extracts**"**. I don't think so Herbal Essences. It wasn't my hair that was bouncing. As for the shine and springs, there weren't any of that either. It dripped until my hair dried. Once it dried, this crap weighed my hair down. Felt so stiff, hard and sticky. Dunno what they were thinking when they claimed this mousse would make ya a bouncing babe...lol....Anyways, I would not recommend this to a friend!

The best product I've ever used!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Clairol Herbal Essences Totally Twisted Curl Boosting Mousse:

I have thick, frizzy curly hair that literally turns into and afro when it's completely dry. My only resort was to straighten my hair which is so damaging. But yesterday my cousin bought the Totally Twisted Mousse. I was skeptical at fisrt because I've tried the shampoo and conditioner and it didn't help much, but I decided to give it a try.

Long story short: it makes my curls shiny and bouncy and beautiful. For the first time EVER I can wear my hair in it's natural texture and have to worry about getting a frizzy afro. My hair smells so good! The only bad part is that my hair gets a little crunchy, but maybe that's because I used hairspray too.

Overall, it's a great product. It's pretty cheap so just give it a try!