Other Outdoor Plays:
Outdoor & Playground, Toddler Toy, Water Toy
Step 2

Pros

Cons

Having fun in the sand without the sun!

**Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity TablebyStep Two**

**Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity TablebyStep Two**

**What is it?The Naturally Playful Sand & Activity Table** is an outdoor table that has two sides. One for water, the other for sand.  The water side holds up to 2 gallons of water and the sand side holds up to 20 lbs. of sand.  The table comes with a striped umbrella that holds securely in the middle of the table to provide shade for hours of fun, without the sun!  **The Naturally Playful Sand & Activity Table** comes with a lid that ties securely to the sides to keep it in place.   **The Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Table** is just one of the coordinating products from *Step 2's "Naturally Playful" line*.

**My Viewpoint!**My daughter received the **Naturally Playful Sand & Activity Table** for her birthday in 2007.  Since I'm not a big fan of sand boxes, the grass they kill underneath and sitting in sand..my friends thought of me the minute they saw this sand and water table and bought it for her.

We only put sand in the entire table - 50 lbs worth.  I'm thinking that mixing sand with water isn't such a great idea!  The table holds the 50lbs. of sand without a problem.  When my daughter is done playing, we simply close the umbrella, store it underneath the table and put the lid on.  It's very easy and the lid is lightweight so the kids can put it on themselves.  The lid stays secure and during rainstorms or while we stored it all winter, the sand stayed perfectly clean and ready to be played with again!  There was no need to empty and buy new sand.

Out of all of our outdoor toys, the **Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Table** is the one that gets played with the most.  The umbrella provides alot of shade and the table is just the right height for 2-5 year olds.  No bending over to play and best of all, no sitting in the sand to play!

**The Naturally Playful Sand & Activity Table** was very easy and fast to put together!  Very little assembly required.

If you are looking for an outdoor toy that requires very little cleanup, is moderately priced and will keep your kids busy hour after hour - check out the **Naturally Playful Sand & Water Activity Table by Step 2**.  You won't be disappointed!

Great fun, but legs are not sturdy

We purchased this sandbox water table for our children because they loved adding water to their other sandbox so we figured this would be a great way to let them play with water and sand together without the sand getting really yucky. I'm not sure what I was thinking because I actually envisioned the kids keeping the sand on one side and the water on the other. That lasted about 10 minutes. After that, we had wet sand and water on both sides. They did have a blast playing with it and I liked the idea of it being raised up off of the ground. The lid as straps that attach it to the box when it is not in use so it doesn't blow off, which is a nice feature. We originally liked this sandbox so much that my parents bought one for their house for the kids to use when they visited. However, it wasn't too long before the sandbox started leaning and the legs started giving way. Within the first year and a half that we owned it, they legs broke off. After two years of extremely light use, the one at my parent's house broke off also. I expected more from step 2.

Sun play, fun play!

from Richmondville, ny

About Me Parent Of Two Or More Children

Pros

• Durable
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy to Fill
  • Easy To Use
  • Fun
  • Sun protection

Cons

• Backyard
    • Older Children
    • Special Needs
    • Young Children

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

There's no timing about this product that isn't great. Your kids are going to be so happy with this toy. If you're like me you worry about your kids in the sun. Having lived all over the country, one thing about this toy stands out. The protecton from the sun. We've had other sand tables before. My children didn't play in then very often because the sand would get super hot, or they would paying in it. That's no longer an issue. They can SAFELY play with this toy as long as they'd like. The sand stays pretty cool and the kids have the protection from the sun we ALL enjoy.

The table holds quite a bit of sand, we've made two or 3 decent sandcastles in there at once. It's the perfect height for kids 6 and under. Of course bigger kids (like my ten year old) can still have fun buy taking a knee to play. This toy is a hit with parents when they visit and a favorite of the kids who come.

• Was this a gift?:

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

I received this sand and water table as a gift for my daycare children and they all love it! It is the perfect height for all of them to play at and is very durable. The cover keeps it clean and dry and it can be used indoors or outdoors. I usually keep ours outside as I have a different sand and water table that I use indoors. I put different things in it depending on the season and everything that I put in the table the children have enjoyed playing with. The umbrella helps to provide shade on the really hot and sunny days of the summer. This it the perfect water table for summer water play.
    Step 2 makes very high quality toys for children and I have always had good luck with all the Step 2 products I have. They hold up well with lots of use and are safe for children of all ages.
    This table has a drain plug which I love. At the end of the day you can pull the plug and drain the water. This is a great discovery table for children of all ages and can be filled with just about anything. Use your imagination!

Great for the classroom

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

I am a preschool teacher and I have this sand and water table in my classroom. The children love it. It is the perfect size for the classroom and more than one child can play at a time. It is a great way for me to keep sand and water available all year round.

I'm still not sure

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

This is a sturdy product. My 6 and 4 year olds have had it for 3 years, so it has gotten plenty of use. We usually either have just sand or just water in it. When we try both, it's one big mess that you can't do much with and then it takes a while for the sand to dry out. My only complaint now that my kids are a little older is that it's too short for them so we may put it on a platform so they can continue using it.

Great, fun outdoor activity for many ages.

from Lakeland, FL

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

The Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center is a great way for children to be creative and use their imagination. There are two seperate sides to seperate the water and sand which allows for fun in both areas and for more than one child to play. This is a great outdoor activity that will help keep your children active and imaginitive. Great for both boys and girls of many many ages.

Step 2 sand and water center

from Vancleave, MS

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

The sandbox was extremely hard to put together. You would need a power drill in order to have it together in a decent amount of time. The holes to screw the screws into the plastic were not already made. I thought for the money more could have been done to the pieces at the factory rather than having me do it.However, once together my son loves it. He wants to climb into though and it can only hold 20 or so pounds.

Best of both worlds

from Manchester, TN

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

This is a great table, we have had ours for 3 years and it is still going strong. The only complaints I have is that our water table leaks from the water side plug, and I had to throw away our umbrella after it got faded from the sun with holes almost right after we bought it.

We love our Step 2 Sand and Water Table!

from Saint Louis, MO

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

We purchased our Step 2 Sand and Water Table in the summer of 2007 and it's holding up wonderfully.  I have three rambunctious boys, five year old twins and a four year old, and I'm sure you can imagine how hard they can be on toys.  This Sand and Water table is still a favorite outdoor toy and it looks just as good as it did the day we purchased it.

Most of the little bridges that it came with have long since been lost, but we've found that the boys like it just as much using their regular plastic outdoor trucks and toys.  Sometimes we fill it just with sand and leave the water out, that tends to keep the mess to a minimum.  The water drain plug has held up better than I expected, as has the umbrella.  We've taken the umbrella out completely this year since we have the table under a large shade tree in the yard.

The cover is a nice feature, it keeps the sand and toys clean and protected when the table is not in use.  I'd highly recommend this toy.

Kids love the Sand and Water Activity Center

from Oakland Gardens, NY

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

My kids love the Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center.  We wanted to get them a sandbox and my in-laws found this one for us.  We really like that it's raised on legs so that it's not sitting directly on the ground.  They don't have to sit in the sand, which we also liked.  It's the perfect height for kids; they can stand at it or sit on small chairs.  It's divided into two sections, one for sand and one for water.  There's a little road system across both sides and bridge pieces that allow toy cars to cross from one side to the other.   The water side has a bung hole so the water can be drained without having to tip the table over.  The kids like being able to mix some sand and water to build sand castles and the like.  The cover ties down securely to keep animals out of the sand when it's not in use.  The cover is light and easy enough so that young children can get it open and closed with only a little help.  There's more "roads" on the cover as well.  The Sand and Water Activity Center also comes with an umbrella that goes through a hole in the middle of the table for shade.  It's not as large as some of the other sandboxes we saw, but we've had four or more kids playing at it at the same time without problems and with room for everyone.  And I feel that having the water side adds some more versatility and interest for the kids.

Step2 Sand and Water table is a Great Summer Toy!!

from Delaware, OH

Comments about Step 2 Sand and Water Activity Center:

We got the Step 2 Sand and Water table for my daughter's 2nd Birthday and it has been a wonderful addition to her outdoor toys!  We purchased Crayola blue-colored sand to fill it because it is non-toxic, but it does get messy when the sand and water mix (and of course, kids just LOVE to mix the sand and water!! :)).  We did the one side with water and the other side with sand for about half of the first summer, but soon learned that this table works best being one or the other (much less messy, and much easier to strain all of the dirt/grass/leaves that will inevitably find its way in!), so ours is now a sand table, but our daughters still absolutely love it and play with it daily during the warmer months!  It is nice that it has the little "roads" for small cars, and it is plenty deep enough to bury little "treasures" that kids just love to discover!  Be aware that you will probably have to invest in new sand because it does get flung out of the sand table quite easily, but most kids do get better about keeping it inside of the table as they get older.  I love how sturdy and durable the table is, ours has spent two winters outside and it is still in excellent condition!  I also love the umbrella that comes with it, not only is it adorable, but it is also extremely functional and great for providing shade and keeping the sun off of your little ones.  I have read that other people have had problems with the umbrellas breaking, so I bring ours inside every night and I don't leave it out in the rain or on windy days and so far, in 2 and a half years, it's still in like-new condition.  I think that this is a great toy, it is a wonderful alternative to traditional sandboxes (and it is less messy and requires less sand), and your kids will love it!