Other Outdoor Plays:

Nerf N-Strike Maverick

Pros

Cons

Nerf Maverick: Great Indoor/Outdoor Toy

The Nerf-Maverick Dart Shooter toy is a great toy.  I received it for Christmas, and am still playing with it multiple times a day.

As with most of the...Read complete review

As with most of the Nerf Dart Shooters, the Maverick is handheld, durable, and safe.  The darts that come with it are foam with rubber tips, and it would be difficult to cause damage to someone with them intentionally, much less accidentally.

One of the things that sets the Maverick apart from the other Nerf toys is that is can hold six darts.  It has an automatic barrel twist each time you pull the trigger, so you don't need to do it manually.  Although I don't use it, it also has a utility strip for additional accessories like a scope or a laser.

When I first saw it, I thought it might break easily as it looked kind of fragile, but after having it for two weeks without any signs of wear and tear I can see that it is well built.

So all in all, this is a great toy for both indoors and outdoors.  If I had to name a con, it would be that the Maverick might be difficult for beginners or very young children.  But I haven't had any problems with it whatsoever.  I see some others have complained that only some shots come out; that happened to me to until I realized why it was happening.  When you shoot, you need to make sure you don't shake it excessively or the dart doesn't line up with the hole properly.  After realizing this, I adjusted and now it works just fine.

Fun Toy

I bought this Nerf Nerf N-Strike Maverick gun for my husband and nephews for Christmas a couple of years ago. I love the gun, with the six shots it's so much fun to use/ watch the guys run around the house and shoot each other.

However, this gun wasn't as high quality as I would have hoped. My husband didn't use his a lot. Only when the nephews were over and brought their guns. But, about a year after we purchased the gun my husband's broke. You can load the gun but there's something wrong with a spring somewhere and after you cock and then shoot the gun the bullets just aren't pushed out like they're supposed to be. Sometimes one might kind of fall out of the front but it's no fun when it doesn't work properly.

We love the nerf guns so we have several and this is the only one that has broken. Maybe we got a bad gun or maybe it was something in the design. I'm not sure. They're loads of fun I just don't think that this is their best model.

Fun to Play With

from Utah

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

I recently bought two of these, one for my wife and one for myself, to mess play after the kids were in bed. For this, they are quite fun. The grip is easy to hold, and they are very comfortable to shoot with. The slide is smooth and easy and doesn't take much force to pull back. The cylinder rotates well, and it is easy to reload by swinging it out to the side with the press of a button. They also shoot pretty accurately. But one of them seems to be having problems after only a little bit of use. We took it to use in a carnival type game for kids, and it ended up getting shot about three hundred times by different kids. Since then, it hasn't been shooting right. When you pull the trigger, the mechanism fires, but the dart either gets stuck in the chamber or pops out and drops two feet in front of the gun. I'm not sure if the cylinder got misaligned and the dart is getting caught on the end of the barrel or what is causing it, but it should not have given out this quickly.

My son love it

from Algonquin, IL

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

I agree absolutely with the other review, I'm not friend of this kind of toys... but I made an exeption and also set rules like no point at anybody and so far...so good, I haven't find anything wrong in this toy looks durable, is not expensive, lots of fun for kids.

fast, easy fun--parents love it too

from Utica, NY

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

I believe in supervising children when using this type of toy and we made it clear not to point it anyone... having said that... this toy is fun.  We set up little targets and the kids love it.  We do have to "pump" it after each shot for the younger kids who aren't strong enough to pull it (but they are younger than the recommended age anyway)

This Nerf Maverick is the classic in Nerf guns!

from Layton, UT

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

This Nerf n-strike Maverick gun is a definite must in starting Nerf Gun madness in your home!  Every boy, ages 4 years old to 80 years old will enjoy this Nerf gun!  I say from 4 years old, because its hard for really little kids to pull the gun to shoot the gun.  It really depends on the kid though.  My son could pull it when he turned 4 years old and my nephew could pull it when he just turned 3 years old.  It fits 6 Nerf darts on a revolving style barrel, but it has to be pulled back each time to shoot though.  It would be nice if that wasn't the case.  However, each dart goes a great distance and its a LOT of fun!  This Nerf gun is one of the least expensive options but its a great starter gun before you get to the really large Nerf guns.  It would be nice if it came with more darts in the package.  Otherwise, you are definitely going to want to buy more darts if you are buying this gun.  Highly recommended.

Nerf Maverick: Great Indoor/Outdoor Toy

from Upper Darby, PA

Nice size nerf Gun

from Davison, MI

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

Nerf has done it again! This is a great size Nerf gun. It's so much easier to store and it's easier for the kids to run around and play with it. It doesn't hold as many darts at one time as some of the larger Nerf guns, but the kids really like it.

Maverick review

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

Ther Nerf Maverick is a nice cheap Nerf gun. It is a fun gun to have at the office or to gift as a small cheap gift to a neighbors son. It is by far not the best Nerg gun out there and you should not expect to perform like one. It''s price is cheap, it looks somewhat cheap, and it only holds a few rounds. But the Maverick was aimed at this price point and it was meant to be an introductory Nerf gun so that's all fine. The colors could definitely be better but I do like the shape of the Nerf Maverick. The Nerf Maverick has a very comfortable grip and you can hold it for quite some time without any strain. Chances are though that you will let go at some point since the gun does not even hold that many round, requiring you to pick up your darts. You could remedy this to some degree by buying additional ammo, which I would recommend sicne the ammo for the Nerf Maverick is fairly cheap. For a fun Nerf gun to shoot your brother or sister, or your office worker without paying a lot, the Maverick is a good pick.

Great starter gun

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

The Nerf N-Strike Maverick gun is a great starter gun for that young boy who wants to get started on Nerf, and for the parent who does not want to spend too much cash on a Nerf gun (Nerf can get quite expensive, it's not a cheap hobby for sure). The Maverick from nerf comes with six darts although some retailers are bundling the Maverick (as well as other guns) with an extension that comes with an additional dart set so that you have more ammo. More ammo is always good since you can quickly deplete your ammo with these guns. The gun is visually acceptable as there is nothing that really catches your eye in a negative way. It is a standard looking Nerf gun without any unusual traits or markers. The gun will shoot with a standard trigger. The accuracy is decent, although from a distance the gun will definitely be inaccurate. But this is not the type of gun to be used from afar at all, this is more of a close encounter type of gun (if you play Nerf Wars). For the first Nerf gun, this is really a good place to start.

My 6 and 8 yo boys love the Nerf N-Strike Maverick !

from 836468378

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

My boys loved this for their Christmas gift! They had a ball hitting targets and even found their sister as a target! It didn't hurt her, so that was good! :) They had a pretty easy time loading the gun too.

even adults like it!

from Lansing, MI

Comments about Nerf N-Strike Maverick:

We bought this for Christmas and still love playing it! We originally bought it for our kid, who's 8 and afraid he's be too young to play it, but apparently this thing is made for all ages. We ended up buying it for ourselves so we can play with the kid. This is really fun for the whole family, and great way to get everyone together. This is pretty inexpensive, no surprise there given the material it's made of, but don't let the build quality fools you. This isn't a strong gun, you won't hurt anyone even if you shoot it right in front of them. I'm disappointed by the distance however, but I didn't have much high expectation. The bullets get stuck from time to time, it's no big deal, just need to use  a long stick to move the bullet into its right place, not hard to do. It also make noise when you fire a shot. We have been pretty happy with this product so far. I think Nerf also has other variety of guns. I'm sure you can find other stronger guns if this is too weak for you.