4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

My favorite place for coffee: online AND offline :)

I am an ardent coffee lover and I absolutely love Starbucks. I have my cup of regular cafe latte from Starbucks every day and I am not going to stop! My family also shops from them frequently. I love going to Starbucks with my husband and just enjoy hot coffee and a great conversation! I have also used their website Starbucks.com many times now and the experience definitely did not disappoint me! There is a lot to do on their website. You can buy cards or manage your existing cards easily. I use this website often to keep track of my gift cards. You can also find nutritional and other info about all their items under the Menu tab just in case you want to see what is actually in your food/drink. I recently purchased an Espresso machine from Starbucks.com, the check out process was easy, my order came well packaged and on time! Needless to say I spent no time waiting and made my first espresso at home as soon as I rushed from work! Like everything I do at Starbucks, I am very very happy with my purchase.

I'm done with Starbucks.

Below is a copy of the e-mail I just sent to Starbucks:

Below is a copy of the e-mail I just sent to Starbucks:

"I would like to request that Starbucks take the caramel apple spice off of it's menu.  It's not that I have anything against the drink.  In fact, it's my favorite drink at Starbucks.  The problem is that over the last several years, when I order a caramel apple spice, more often than not, I am told that the store is out of some ingredient.  Why bother having something on your menu if you're not going to stock the necessary ingredients?  I have actually had this problem at several Starbucks locations, including one in Montreal (may God strike me dead if I'm lying).  Evidently, this problem is present at multiple locations, which brings me back to my original request.  Just take the caramel apple spice off of the menu.  Don't even bother pretending that it's available."

I cannot begin to describe my level of frustration about this.  First of all, it is unfathomable to me how a business as successful as Starbucks can continue to have a problem like this.  What's even more maddening is that of the locations where I have had this problem, one is inside of a Super Target and the other is about 50 yards from a Super Wal-Mart.  I'm pretty sure both of those places sell apple juice, caramel, cinnamon, and whipped cream.  Honestly, I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone right about now.  To make matters worse, I went through the drive-through, and I was able to place my order without a problem.  Only after I waited for the three cars in front of me and got to the window was I told that they were out of apple juice.

As I alluded to in my e-mail to Starbucks.  This was not the first such incident.  A while back, at a different location in town, I was told that they were out of cinnamon (this is the location INSIDE the Super Target, by the way).  When I got a little upset, one of the girls working there said something under her breath to the effect of, "Well, no one ever orders that anyway."  I did write a complaint e-mail to Starbucks after that incident.

As for the incident in Montreal, there were two girls working in that store.  The first girl took my order and then went to the back of the store.  The other girl was working the cash register.  Well, I had to wait behind some jackass with a problem, and when I finally got to the second girl, she told me they were out of apple juice.  When I told her that the first girl had taken my order, she answered sarcastically with something to the effect of, "Trust me.  We don't have any."  There was no complaint letter this time.

You know, I had a great cup of coffee at a truck stop in Breaux Bridge last week.  In light of my experiences with Starbucks, they can basically shove their caramel apple spice where the sun don't shine.

On a closing note, I typically love chain stores.  I like known quantities and consistency.  The downside to chains in a lot of cases is that the employees don't have a vested interest in the success of the store.  If you go into a Mom and Pop store, and Pop waits on you, you're probably going to get good service, because Pop needs your business to put food on his table.  That's not the case with a lot of chain stores.

I would not recommend this store in Springfield Oregon.

from Crossroads Center, Springfield, Oregon

Comments about Starbucks.com:

I usually go to this store because it is the most convienent and they usually do a great job. But I decided to go in and order my usual cold brew. I went over to the hond off plane and watched the coffee master barista/shift supervisor run out of cold brew as he was making my drink, and went into the back to check if they had more. When he came back empty handed I was preparing for him to ask me if I wanted anything else, but instead he just filled the grande cup half way between the bottom of the cup and the bottom line with cold brew and filled it to the bottom line with coconut milk and completed the drink. The basic is I got cheaped out of what I was paying, and I know the exact recipe for cold brew prep as I was a Starbucks barista when cold brew was launched. When I was handed a very watery "cold brew" I went to the barista at the hand off plane and explained what happened and he told me cold brew just tasted that way, which I explained it never does. He then told me they were out of cold brew but just topped my drink with iced coffee. I guess I am more upset that a coffee master, out of all employees, handed me a incorrectly prepared drink. I don't think I will return to that store and I will let others know to stay away.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

online store

from ny, ny

Comments about Starbucks.com:

Used their online store for a purchase and it charged my account incorrectly. Called customer service four times to try and get it resolved. Got a different answer every time and the problem was never resolved. And they instructed me to do several time wasting things to "resolve" the issue that didn't actually work ("get a Starbucks card and we'll refund the balance to it"..... went out any got a card, called back and the next rep wouldn't do the refund, waste of my time). Had they just told me upfront that they couldn't resolve the problem I wouldn't be so irate. Don't expect to get any customer service help from the online store, its totally useless.

Avoid this one!

from Newport, OR

Comments about Starbucks.com:

Poor service, out of coffee(!)-both Miranda and Pikes Place, Spoiled food (the yogurt fruit cup was sour and had turned yellow! - found this out after going back on the road before opening it after we chose the Newport, OR Starbucks for a "pit stop". Too late to turn back and get a refund. Makes me wonder what QC is going on in the Starbucks world these days.

Love Starbucks.com!

from Florida

Comments about Starbucks.com:

I grew up primarily in the Pacific northwest, so I grew up surrounded By the infamous Starbucks logo and also developed quite the addiction to Starbucks coffee and the yummy breakfasts they have.

When I discovered the website, it made me like the company even more. There is so much goodness on Starbucks.com, its really crazy.

I love that I can order things to be delivered to friends or family members across town or across the country, also love that I can order e gift cards that get emailed to the recepient. That's a big plus with me.

One of my favorite things that I can do on the website is keep track of my stars and what rewards I've got.

Good job Starbucks, your website is high on the list of my favorites.

Easy to use both on the desktop and on the Mobile.

Product Selection
I can always find what I'm looking for either for myself or for gifts for others.

Product Pricing
Starbucks is one of the companies that I am totally okay with spending the extra money on, because of the quality.

Customer Service
Just like in store. Their customer service is fantastic.

Love Starbucks website and app

from New York, NY

Comments about Starbucks.com:

I don't think Starbucks makes the best coffee but I do like their teas and food. It is great when on the go and you can use Starbucks.com to find locations or look at calories and other nutritional information. I started using it when I got a gift card. You can upload them into an account so you don't need to take the physical card with you to the store. Also, if you sign up, you will get rewards or stars as they call them with each purchase. I have learned that the stars are per transaction so if you get two drinks or a drink and a snack ring thrm up separately so you can get more stars. As you get stars you get to levels and each level gets you perks. First you get a birthday drink, then you get free in store refills, then you start to accrue free drinks. Also, if you sign up for email on the website, you get email offers for free drinks (usually will last a few days only) or other discounts like a percent off merchandise.

• Shipping and Returns:

Favorite during the holidays...

Comments about Starbucks.com:

I love the site as a whole, however I love them most during the holidays as they have the best stuff you can purchase as main gifts or stocking stuffers. Most of my family and friends love the Starbucks bran, so I know that I can never go wrong shopping here.

This site is very easy to navigate. Everything is in order depending upon the item and what it is. I love that you can easily find anything that you are looking for because the site utilizes excellent search filters.

Product Selection
Any and everything you can think of is on the site as gifts for anyone in your family and for you. I love that they cater to any style or taste.

Product Pricing
Some of the items on the site are somewhat expensive, however everything on the site is worth spending the extra money because of the quality products you will get in return.

Customer Service
Excellent customer service department, as they are very attentive and always willing to help you out, no matter how long it takes.

Shipping and Returns
Speedy shipping and returns policy

POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Comments about Starbucks.com:

As a business customer, I understand just how important customer satisfaction is to running a successful business. That said, I was very disappointed with the lack of customer service I received when trying to place a corporate order for 1200 gift cards. I attempted to order the cards three different times; the first time they could not process the charge to my AMEX (a glich in their system) but I was told the order would be processed as soon as the charge was accepted. I received an email from Starbucks within the hour stating that they were unable to process the order. I receivedd a call from AMEX about three minutes later to verify the charge and they stated that the charge would be processed immediately, so I did not respond to the Starbucks email. a week later, when the cards did nor arrive, I called Starbucks only to be told that they had no record of the order?!? I was forced to go through the order process again only to be told that they were still having issues on their end with processing the charge and I would need to call back the following day to confirm the order. I called back the next day to confirm the order (of which there was no recoerd because I was told that their system cannot save orders?!?!?) and had to complete the entire order again. Then, after explaining that I needed the cards sent overnight, they explained that their "overnight shipping " requires two days to process before it is actually shipped! I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told that one could not be located and they would have someone call me back within 15 minutes. 45 minutes later, I received a call back from the sames individual that said I had spoken to earlier stating that he still could not find a supervisor, but that he had verified that the warehouse did have the cards in stock and that they would be shipped Friday, October 17, 2014, and that I would have them on Monday, October 20, 2014. When the cards failed to arrive on Monday, I called the customer service department and explained the trouble thaht I'd had up to that point. Iwas told that the order was now "in the warehouse ready to be shipped" and it would arrive by Tuesday. I explained that the promotion I was running would be half over by the time I received the cards, and I would no longer need the original number of cards. I asked to modify the order and reduce the number of cards from 1400 to 800, but was told that now the order could nort be changed without issuing a full refund and submitting a new order which would take additional processing time before shipping. I asked if she could simply call the warehouse and explain the situation and ask for some customer assistance to change and ship the order, but was told that they could not go outside "the process". Over my entire business career of 34 years, I have never experienced such a total lack of empathy for the customer, unwillingness to rectify a mistake and in general a total lack of customer service! I am still waiting for a supervisor to call me back! As of now, I will never again consider Starbucks for my future gift card needs (approximately 6000 per year).

Comments about Starbucks.com:

Who doesn't love Starbucks coffee? I know I do and I love that I can order all the coffee's and syrup's and make my own right in my house! You can also buy coffee makers made by Starbucks, cups, and all other coffee accessories. They have a pretty big selection of coffee and coffee items that you can have shipped to you. I mainly only order the syrup's and k-cups for home but they do sell a lot of tea's too. Another cool thing they offer is subscriptions. If you have favorites you order all the time you can set it up to automatically ship to you every month.

Everything is very well organized into categories that are easy to shop in.

Product Selection
Tons of different drinks for both drip brewers and pod brewers. They also have the syrup's the use and quite a large selection of tea's. There are cups and brewers as well.

Product Pricing
Pretty much the same in store. They do have online specials and sales on occasion.

Very nice and helpful.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is free if you spend over $75. My items always arrive quickly.

Love Starbucks Online

from Wrightstown NJ

Comments about Starbucks.com:

I love Starbucks coffee and latte's and whenever I am in the area of a Starbucks, I stop in and treat myself. recently, I have been going on line to the Starbucks website as I have a few Starbucks online gift codes and I can use them there. The website is very easy to navigate. There is a section for coffees that I love because they have various blends to choose from. They also have an informative section on how to make great coffee, whether it is hot coffee or iced. You can buy both whole bean and ground coffee online. They also sell their special blend coffees, coffee machines and K cups. They also have an online menu to browse.If you have gift cards, you can manage them online. they also have a shop where you can buy teapots, coffee pots and more. The website is super easy to navigate with everything broken down into specific catagories. It has a nice design and is fun to browse the site. Shipping is fast. I am not sure about returns because I never had to return anything and have been pleased with my purchases.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great Shopping for Tea and Coffee Lovers!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Starbucks.com:

I love Starbucks and visit their stores at least a couple times a week so it's great that they have a website as well.

I love to drink Starbucks coffee at home as well and love to purchase their K-Cups. The stores around me don't carry very many of the varieties, especially not the seasonal options, so I like to order them through the their website instead. They are very easy to order from, and have super fast shipping. I'm not in love with the fact that I have to pay for shipping since I've been spoiled by other websites, but I just stock up in a single order.

I love that they offer several payment options, including PayPal so there is no need to expose my credit card information online.

I also love their website because I can keep track of my gift cards and my Rewards status. They offer the ability to combine gift cards onto one card, which is great at holiday time since I can combine all the gift cards I receive (my friends and family know I love my coffee) onto a single card.

I definitely highly recommend their site for everything from coffee and tea to coffee makers to mugs to syrups. It's a great place for any coffee or tea lover.