Costco.com

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Love shopping on Costco.com!

I recently purchased a computer peripheral from Costco.com. My package was very well packed and arrived right on time. I was very satisfied with the experience. In another transaction before that, I purchased general items such as groceries, garden, health products etc. There was a problem with my order on that occassion but I found out that we could return the item easily. Their customer service was excellent and they refunded my entire money without any questions. Their website is pretty simple to use and they have a really huge collection of items in all the categories which are easily searchable. The best part that I like about shopping online on Costco.com is that you can easily return any items without hassles, either in their warehouses or you can ship it to them and they provide a return label. So, I am able to shop on their website without any hesitation. I would recommend Costco.com for a great shopping experience online.

Not the Best Customer Service

Though their in-store staff seems to be awesome, I have not had the same experience with their online personnel, unfortunately. Their website is pretty clean and easy to navigate. Their offerings were surprisingly broad (I was a little shocked to find so much food online and a huge selection of 'emergency foods' like preppers buy) but their prices are kind of all over the place. I found some things considerably higher than other stores, like Walmart.com and Amazon.com, but some products were definitely comparable. Their emergency food food supplies, for example, are very good value compared to other online sources. Their electronics were relatively comparable. I didn't think their jewelry selection was competitive.

I found ink for my Brother printer that was a better value than Staples, so I placed the order. The process was pretty smooth and self-explanatory. Shipping was a little longer than I would have liked (8 days) but tolerable.

However, I did not receive the kind I ordered and had to call to arrange a pick up. I was not impressed by either the helpfulness or the speed with which the exchange happened. To be honest, I felt like the staff was cheerful until I explained why I was calling and then I got a far colder response.

It took about three weeks from receiving the first wrong shipment to get everything sorted out and by that time I was wishing I had driven to the nearest store and made the purchase in person.

I will still go to Costco when I in the area, but I will avoid the website in the future. There are far too many other options that truly seem to care about their customers.

easy to use, versatile

from IN

Comments about Costco.com:

Costco.com is an amazing website! I love the versatility, the ease of use, and the amazing assortment of items for purchase. The site features a large, center located search bar as well as tabs down the left hand side offering different selections. One of my favorite features is the gift baskets, the variety. You can order chocolate baskets, popcorn baskets, fruit baskets, even baby shower gift baskets. They are all able to be delivered to an address different than yours, so sending a very nice gift is simple! You can also purchase theme park tickets at discounted prices, such as Lego Land. They offer the same items as well as some that are not in my local stores. Overall, I love costco.com for the quality, ease of use and variety of products.

Allows Non-Members to Shop Online, Too!

from MI

Comments about Costco.com:

I really love Costco and Costco.com, and unfortunately, I live no where near an actual Costco box store, therefore, I have to resort to the website. In the past I always thought they only allowed members to shop and purchase from the website, and since I do not live near a store, I don't have a membership.

Well, I recently went on the website just to check out different deals, etc - to determine if maybe it would be worth traveling to the store, and I saw that they now allow non-members to shop and purchase as well, just for a small added "surcharge." This made me extremely happy, and I now feel that I will likely shop Costco.com much more frequently, because that way I don't have to travel, plus, I really think that they have very unique things that can't be found in other stores.

The website itself is very easy to navigate and shop. All items are clearly categorized and subcategorized, easy to find just what you came to the website looking for. It's not too overwhelming, despite the huge amount of merchandise that Costco.com sells.

Overall, I very much enjoy shopping on Costco.com and think it's a great site.

Great Site With Some Great Deals

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Costco.com:

Costco.com is a great place to find out about sales in Costco and sometimes run across exclusive items online. Costco exclusive pricing is usually a good deal and I've always had good experiences with the website.

Costco.com is really easy to use. Non-members can still buy a lot of items with a surcharge.

Product Selection
Costco.com has a pretty wide variety. I wish they were better about reflecting what is in store and what is online only and having some consistency, but otherwise there is plenty to spend your money on.

Product Pricing
Costco usually has pretty good pricing. Having to sign in to see pricing is somewhat annoying, but I guess I understand.

Customer Service
Costco's customer service is top notch. I've never had a bad experience with them.

Shipping and Returns
While not the fastest shipping out there, Costco does ship at a decent speed. If you need something next day, your best bet is go somewhere else or visit the actual store.

Love Costco.com and the Costco store

from Texas

Comments about Costco.com:

My family loves shopping at Costco.com and the Costco store. There are often great deals to and prices. Not everything is a great deal so you just have to be careful and check around, but for the most part the prices and deals are great. We often buy the Costco store brand items and find they are wonderful quality. I really love the return policy, it's one of the best around. We have had a Costco membership for years, but the great thing about Costco.com is you don't need a membership to purchase. I love that we can buy in bulk and save our family money. Overall I love shopping at Costco.com but really do prefer to shop in their store most times.

I found the site very easy to use and navigate.

Product Selection
I love the product selection at Costco.com. Very often I can find things on this site that I can't find in other stores.

Product Pricing
Pricing is wonderful for most products, but not all.

Shipping and Returns
Costco.com and Costco stores have the absolute best return policy.

• Shipping and Returns:

Easy to use but some products are not available or priced higher

Comments about Costco.com:

I used Costco.com to order formula on a regular basis when my infant was under one year old. The convenience factor was fantastic. The price for formula was also excellent buying it in bulk sizes versus the small canisters and tubs in the stores. Once you set up your online account with all the necessary information, ordering was a breeze. My items arrived on time and not damaged. If there was ever an issue Costco allows you to return items at the warehouse with no hassle. Of course, you will need a Costco membership. Most items include the shipping cost in the price or free shipping. There were items like toilet paper, facial tissue, and toilet paper that were different that what you could actually buy at the warehouse. This was always disappointing. I wish I could order these items the same as at the warehouse without having to drive up there. I recommend it.

• Shipping and Returns:

Would love to use it more often.

Comments about Costco.com:

Costco is a one stop shopping destination, let it be in store or online. You get everything here, you just name it and most probably you will find it here and that too for much less as compared to other stores. I have ordered on costco.com a couple of times and have had no issues whatsoever. Though, I do not use it that often since I have Costco nearby, but I know it is there if I need anything. The best thing about shopping online is you save a trip to the store. It is comfortable for those who are busy and can not go to the store. You can anytime return the products you purchased online(or in store) if you are not fully satisfied, and you get the refunds easily and right then, hassle free. This is a great website to shop from, but only if you buy what you want. Do not be allured by many more amazing things and stuff you see on the website. Stick to things you really want and you are good to go.

• Shipping and Returns:

Great store, Great prices!!

from chicago Illinois

Comments about Costco.com:

I am a relatively new shopper to Costco.com and so far I am enjoying he experience a great deal. They have a vast variety of different products to choose from. all at reasonable prices.

The site is very easy to navigate. I like order the site has and the comparison tools they have to similar products they have on the site.

Product Selection
They have everything you can imagine for sale on the site. Of course, all in bulk but it is worth it.

Product Pricing
They offer really good prices for the products they sell

Customer Service
I really like the customer service department specifically for online orders. I like this because it is pretty straightforward all the time, and no confusion to deal with ever. I like that they all seem to know their jobs and seem to enjoy their jobs and helping their customers.

Shipping and Returns
Great shipping and returns department. They do offer a component where you can order online and pick up in a store closest to you.

• Shipping and Returns:

Good back up to shopping at the retail stores

from Texas

Comments about Costco.com:

I have only ordered from the web sites twice when they did not have larger items in stock that I was wanting. I felt that it was a good site for items that are larger and they were more than helpful so I would give this e-commerce site a big 10.

I found the site a little confusing but I had not ordered the larger items like I was ordering before and I was a little apprehensive about getting something wrong on this larger purchase. I don't think I will have any problem when I order next time.

Product Selection
Actually they have a larger selection to select from here than than they had at the store. I was a little nervous about placing a order for something this expensive, especially when I had not seen the actual product but I went ahead and placed the order. I wouldn't hesitate to order again and it was great having it delivered as I would not have had a truck available to pick it up from the store.

Product Pricing
Same good pricing as at the store. I could not compare apples to apples as the product that I was ordering was not available with that model number. It appeared to be the same as others that I was checking out so I went ahead and ordered it. I am so glad that I did.

Customer Service
I had questions and they were really good to answer them and when I did need to exchange one of the items they couldn't have been nicer.

Shipping and Returns
I did have a exchange and they certainly made that easy. They brought out the new one, picked up the one that would not work and I just stood there saying thanks. Boy was that easy.

• Shipping and Returns:

Love it! Shipping is free and it arrives on time.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Costco.com:

How I love thee, let me count the ways. I've purchase small and large items through Costco online and have had nothing but the very best experiences. I've purchased a couple of computers and two very large bookcases through them. Both computers were delivered on time with no issues. The bookcases were delivered by a local delivery company hired by the warehouse. They called me the day before delivery and arrived within the hour they said they would. Even though, they were not obligated to carry anything into my home, they did. They moved the boxes inside and even helped unbox them.

Find the item, click to purchase, and the item is on its way. There was one time I needed more information. So, I called customer service and they gave me all the information I needed to make an informed decision before purchasing.

Product Selection
Costco doesn't always have a large variety of items for sale. However, they do have most everything I want.

Product Pricing
Inexpensive, but high quality is their credo.

Customer Service
When I need assistance, they are a phone call away.

Shipping and Returns
Shipping is usually free and returns are made simple with a clear return policy stated on the site and with the item purchased.

• Shipping and Returns:

Costco's website lets you shop from afar.

from Millville, NJ

Comments about Costco.com:

Costco is one of my favorite stores, but it left a few things to be desired for.

This was the weakest point of Costco.com. They clearly tried to make the website organized but it was anything but that. There were areas where the catalog was displayed, and areas on the page where merchandise was available to be added to the cart. The catalog looking sections were rather confusing, so I just searched for the things I needed. If you know what you want it is easy to navigate the website, but it is relatively difficult to browse.

Product Selection
The product selection that was available through their website was a decent size. I was able to buy a dress for my daughter, some protein bars, and some toys with no issue. Items like these are readily available on their site.

Product Pricing
The thing that I liked the most about Costco.com was the fact that their prices for their merchandise were comparable to those found in their store.

Customer Service
Customer service wasn't anything special, but they did answer my questions and weren't hard to get a hold of.