Other Bath Soaps & Scrubs:
Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap

Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap

Pros

Cons

It really does remove odors

Both my bathroom and kitchen always have a bottle of some type of liquid soap sitting on the counter.  I freely admit that there some of the Soft Soap brands of liquid soap leave my hands feeling a bit dry, but this Kitchen Fresh Hands is a winner.

It comes in a slender bottle, kind of oval shaped, so it leaves a very small footprint in the kitchen, always a good thing.  It contains a light yellow liquid soap, and it pumps out just the right amount each time.  (Some pumps give you *way *too much soap, not this one!).

It claims to contain moisture beads, and that it will neutralize kitchen odors.  I am not really sure if it actually neutralizes odors, or if it simply covers them up.  It does contain a strong citrus or lemon scent that I actually like, but the scent does remain on the hands for some time, so it's a toss up as to whether the soap is just covering up the scents or not.

Living in Alaska, we have access to a lot of salmon, and if you have ever spent hours filleting fish, you know what a messy and stinky job it is.  For those who have never done this, I think you can use your imagination!  This soap really does do a nice job of removing the fishy smell from hands, and that alone makes it worth keeping around the house.  It also works well on garlic odors.

The bottle contains 8.5 ounces and I feel that it looks attractive in a kitchen.  The ingredients list shea butter as one of the ingredients, but other than that I really don't see anything that would be a moisturizing ingredient.  Still, this does not dry out my hands like some of the other versions of Soft Soap.  This is a keeper.

It really does remove odors, even fish smells!

Nice fresh scent, this one's a keeper

Strips My Hands- I Can Not STAND This Stuff

I know I am probably not with the majority of people who use this soap, but I really can not stand it. The soap is too harsh, and the pump clogs up a...Read complete review

I know I am probably not with the majority of people who use this soap, but I really can not stand it. The soap is too harsh, and the pump clogs up a lot too.

Despite some problems I have with it, I will say that it smells nice and citrus in nature, but that is where my thrill ends.

This soap has sodium laureth sulfate in it which is a harsh de-greaser. That means that it strips the skin. It does have shea butter in it, but I still have a problem with it on my hands. they simply dry out and itch over time too.

**INGREDIENTS**

Fragrance (Citrus Oils)
Sodium Hydroxide
DMDM Hydantoin
Zea Mays (Corn) Oil
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter)
Tetrasodium EDTA
Beta-carotene
D&C Red No. 30
FD&C Yellow No. 5
D&C Red No. 33*

Although this does take grease from the hands, I don't like how it leaves my skin dry and tight feeling. This soap is way too harsh for me. Yes, it has corn oil, shea butter, and even a hydrogenated form of allantoin (barely related to comfrey), but why go through all of that when you can just have a simple soap that is not harsh in the first place? As far as the antibacterial part, I think that many problems develop when using antibacterial products over time and I don't like them either. That was not a selling point for me either. Also, there is something in this soap which clogs the pump, making it hard to press and then suddenly it shoots out and makes a mess.

The scent of this soap is a nice citrus based scent and is pleasant and invigorating. I only wish the soap was not so harsh on my hands. It does take scent out of hands a bit too, which is part of what made me want to try it in the first place.

Nothing to Write Home About

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

I am a big fan of Softsoap. I like this line because it is affordable (actually the price is hard to beat!), works well, smells great and is aesthetically pleasing. So when I decided to try Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap I was optimistic. I'm sorry to report, however, that using it left me disappointed. I felt as though it was too abrsaive to my hands and it did not leave my hands feeling clean and fresh like the other Softsoap hand soaps. Not to mention that the microbeads seem to clog the dispenser, which, as you can imagine, made it difficult to use.

As I've already said, this product did not meet my expectations, especially given how great the rest of the Softsoap hand soap line is.

I liked the clean, fresh, lemon scent. I mean it made sense for a kitchen. Well, perhaps a lemon scent such as this would have made more sense for a dishwashing soap and not one for hands....

Best hand soap ever!

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

I absolutely love this hand soap! It is by far my favorite and I use it everywhere, not just in the kitchen; the bathroom, kitchen, even laundry room. It smells so fresh because of the lemon citrus scent, but it is not too strong or flowery and it does not have a weird scent like evergreen or something too exotic. It keeps your hands just as clean as any other soap. The beads in the soap burst when you wash your hands and it acts as sort of a timer to remind you to wash your hands long enough which is great for my kids who like to rush their hand washing. I also enjoy it because you do not have to use extra soap to get the same amount of bubbles. I also have very dry hands because I wash my hands over 30 times per day. When using this soap I feel like my hands are less dry, but still just as clean. I recommend trying this Softsoap at least one time and believe me, you will be hooked forever!

Just OK, not a favorite

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

I hadn't really given much thought to hand soaps and the effectiveness until I had children and daycare germs entered my home. I bought this thinking it should be fine for hand washing and killing germs. I was disappointed in this soap. I like my hand soaps to lather up well and leave my hands feeling clean and fresh, this soap does not do that at all. It does not lather up much at all, and I felt like it was too oily feeling. My hands did not even look very clean. I didn't even bother using this anymore, I wanted to make sure I had a good soap for my kids to use and feel confident that it was working to kill germs.
I will not buy this soap again, and do not think it is effective at killing germs and cleaning hands.

I do not like the fact that this soap does not lather up well at all. It leaves hands feeling like they have a soap residue even after rinsing clean.

I had no problem with the scent, it smelled great.

Can be better!

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

I bet one can't go wrong when it comes to purchasing a Softsoap, which ever it might be. Most of the soft soaps are easily available for a buck in nearby stores and sometimes in the bonus size. I am very fussy when it comes to a good hand wash, and I want something that moisturizes my hands really well. Softsoap has never let me down, so when I came across Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap, I had to buy it at any cost. It had antibacterial properties to it, which is super useful in kitchen. I want to make sure that my hands are virus and bacteria free especially, when I am working in the kitchen since my family's health depends on that. I have used this soap for a long time in the past and might buy it again for a sale price. The only issue I have is sometimes, it is unable to take of the strong smell off hands such as garlic. Overall a nice soap for fresh and clean hands.

It has a pleasant scent but was too drying.

from West Virginia

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

I purchased this for the kitchen because I always buy antibacterial soap for the kitchen. I frequently change the kitty litter, scrub the floors, scrub the stove, and prepare raw meats so my hands need a little germ fighting power.

The soap comes out pretty thick. It feels like aloe gel to me. It has a nice citrus scent to it. It kind of smells like oranges and lemons. The lather was pretty good but it seemed to dissipate too quickly. I liked the scent that was left behind but the soap overall was too drying. It didn't seem to bother me the first day or two but after about day number four, I noticed my hands were drying out. My knuckles, all three knuckle joints on each hand, were dried out and starting to flake a little. The only thing different in my hand routine was this soap so I tossed it. My hands returned to normal after about a week from discontinuing use of this soap.

I'm sure it kills germs but it dried my skin out.

It has a very nice scent. It's citrusy. It smells like oranges and lemons. It was very zesty.

A pretty good hand soap!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

The one thing that I like about the Soft Soap brand is that you can usually always find it at a really great price. I usually find it for around a buck, so that part alone makes me buy this soap more. For some reason when I'm in the kitchen I always want a kitchen soap. Maybe it's working with raw foods and just all the junk that gets on your hands with cooking makes that a must. I like this kitchen fresh soft soap. It pumps out well and I don't find that the soap clogs in the pump at all. It has a fresh scent to it and just makes your hands feel free. I also like that this soap is pretty thick and doesn't feel watered down. You need something that you feel you can rub around good, especially when in the kitchen. The kitchen is full of germs and this does a good job of getting them all clean. I would buy this again.

It gets your hands fresh, clean and free of germs like a soap is suppose to do.

This isn't my favorite scent, but it's not that bad either. It's just a nice fresh smell.

Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Antibacterial Hand Soap does the job!

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Antibacterial Hand Soap does the job! What do you really want from a good hand soap? I want a good lather that rinses completely. I want a pleasant scent. And I want a product that does not dry out my hands.

I have been using this soap for several months now (about two and a half bottles). Everyone in my family really likes it. It does everything I want in a kitchen soap. The lather is rich and creamy. The soap is not watery or runny. And when I rinse off the soap, my hands feel clean but not dried out.

I tried an off brand similar to Softsoap and I found that the Softsoap was a noticeably better quality. The other brand definitely seemed more watery. I was very happy when we ran out of the "Brand X" product and I went back to Softsoap.

Another thing I like about this product is the size and shape of the bottle. It is a short and squat bottle that does not easily tip over. I leave the bottle on my kitchen sink and I press the pump to dispense the soap into my hand. The bottle never slips or tips over.

The soap scent is very nice and it does a great deal to help eliminate smelly hands. If I work in the kitchen with garlic or onions, the smell is easily washed away with Softsoap.

Overall, this is a very good product at a reasonable price. I like it!

fantastic soap

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

I am a huge fan of Softsoap products, I have had great luck with everything I have tried from this brand. This hand soap is no exception, I absolutely love it. It works at really cleaning your hands. It suds up into a great lather very quickly and slides along your skin. It doesn't say that it's moisturizing, but I've found that my hands feel more hydrated using this soap than with other brands of hand soap. I still feel the need to use a hand lotion afterwards, but the feeling is not as strong as with other soap. I love the scent of this, it smells ultra clean and fresh.
The best part of this soap is that it gets rid of whatever odor is on your hands prior to washing. Onion, garlic, baby poop, whatever you are trying to wash off does not linger on your skin after using this, you get nothing but the clean soap scent. Combine this with the extremely low price and you really have a winner in this soap.

Fairly good, but not exceptional

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

This is a very good product. I am pleased with the value and effectiveness of the soap, and the bottle is easy to use. It cleans but doesn't smell like alcohol, and your hands smell clean, but not soapy after a proper rinse. However, I do have one complaint, and this how oily this product is. My skin is oily enough as it is, and I need a soap that won't add to that oil several times a day.

This product is very effective, certainly better than many other anti-bacterial hand soaps. I am very pleased with the effectiveness of this product. All that can really be expected of a product marketed as an antibacterial hand soap is that it kills bacteria, and this soap does that.

It doesn't smell like alcohol, but it does smell like soap. Just soap, regardless of what the label says. However that 'sticky and soapy' smell doesn't stick with you all day long, just a 'clean' smell. This product is marketed as a cleaner, not a perfume, and it definitely works as an antibacterial hand soap.

Smells great, but not a fan of "antibacterial"

Comments about Softsoap Kitchen Fresh Hands Antibacterial Hand Soap:

I love Softsoap brand hand soaps and body washes. These little pumps are great to have near every sink! I really enjoy the Kitchen Fresh Hands scent. The color is cheery and the smell is fresh and clean.

However, as with all topical products, I do not appreciate the use of artificial dyes and colors. Although the color is bright and sunny, it screams "artificial" and "unsafe" to me. Our skin is the largest organ and absorbs everything. Also, I prefer all my soaps to NOT be antibacterial. Antibacterial soaps kill the good bacteria on our skin, and they do nothing to protect against viruses. It is important for our immune systems to be in regular contact with "normal" germs. Regular soap works just fine at cleaning our hands without the danger of sterilizing them. That being said, I continue to purchase Softsoap brands regularly, and now avoid their anti-bacterial line. Their sale prices are excellent and the pump-design bottles are high quality, lasting years through countless refills.