4.1
Other Headphones:
Earbud Headphones
Skullcandy
Models:
S2SBDZ-033, S2SBCZ-074, S2SBDZ-034, S2SBDZ-101, S2SBDZ-036, S2SBDZ-134, S2SBCZ-035, S2SBCZ-036, S2SBCZ-040, S2SBDZ-075, EH17-SKC35, S2SBBZ-JZ, EH17-SKC38, SC-SBW3.5, S2SBBZ-PZ, SCS2SBBZ NB, S2SBBR BZ
Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds

Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds

4.1

• Comfort:

Finally, earbuds that fit into my tiny ears!

Last year my son bought an 80G Zune and gave me his Rio MP3 player so that I could join the 21st century.   When asked if I was using Rio sometime later I had to admit that I wasn't using it because the standard earbuds that came with the player hurt my ears.  A few months later he arrived from BYU with this little gift in hand: **Skullcandy earbuds**.  These relatively inexpensive earbuds come complete with several sizes of cups so that chances are one will be the perfect fit for just about anyone's ears as well.  The earbuds are noise reducing as well and come with a little storage pouch that can be easily tucked into a purse or carryon bag to make an airplane trip more enjoyable.  They even come with an adapter that will plug into the airplane's audio system.  As much as I travel I found this feature to be wonderful.They say there comes a time in every parent's life when the "Child becomes the Parent and the Parent becomes the Child".  I'd say this has happened here.  Thanks, son.

While portable, earbuds can be rather uncomfortable

I suppose these Skullcandy earbuds are kind of a personal preference thing, depending on what an individual desires out of their headphones. While there's no denying that earbuds are imminently portable, these were just too uncomfortable for me, no matter which rubber earbud size was used out of the three provided.

The product comes in a little pouch along with three different rubber adaptors, which are the part that goes inside the ear- large, med. and small. The intent is to stick it in your ear as far as you can comfortable get it, which is necessary for several reasons. One is that it blocks out other noises, two is that unless the whole earbud is in your ear it's hard to hear what you're trying to listen to, and three that's kind of how they stay in place. Sound uncomfortable? It was for me; I tried each size for a couple minutes one after the other and then put the whole thing back in the little pouch it came in and they've been in a drawer ever since.

One nice feature that should be mentioned though is the inline volume control which means you don't have to reach for your music player when you need to quickly turn down the volume; there's a little controller on the headphone wire which can be used to quickly turn the volume either down or up.

All in all, there are other brands/types of headphone/earbuds out there that aren't necessary to stick in your ear, and I prefer these types over earbud types any day, although these products come with their own set of issues when trying to get the bigger earphone type products to stay put when moving around!

These headphones are reliable and tough

from Ames, Iowa

About Me Audiophile

Pros

• Durable
  • Stylish

• Daily Usage
    • Home Use
    • Sports
    • Travel

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

Finally! A a pair of durable and reliable headphones!

Have you been looking for a good pair of ear buds? Are you sick cheap wiring, bad audio and bad sound quality? Well this is the product for you! These Skull Candy headphones will easily satisfy even the most intense audiophiles. It has taken me years to finally find a good, reliable set of earbuds. It seemed like every time I purchased earbuds, I eventually regretted the decision. But these Skull Candy ear buds finally quenched my thirst. They have so many good traits, and are well worth the purchase.

If you have ever bought earbuds, you are probably aware that each product is hit and miss. It doesn't matter what brand or how expensive. I've have purchased some expensive headphones that were not good products, and I have purchased cheap brands that were very good products. But, I feel like I was eventually let down by each one of them. Well I've got good news for all of you die hard music fans. These Skull Candy headphones are the real deal.

Durability:
    These Skull Candy earbuds are the definition of durable. I have had several pairs and each pair has lasted twice as long as every other earbud I have purchased. I big problem that I have, and I'm sure many others also have, the wiring faulting out in the cord. For people on the go like me, I plug my earbuds into my phone and shove in my pocket and I'm on with my day. But by doing this it constantly has the wire positioned at a sharp angle, which then will eventually ruin the wiring of the headphones. But I have yet to run into that problem with these skull candy headphones. But its not only that, I have stepped on them, spilled water on them, and I have yet to actually break a pair by doing that. After daily usage and multiple hours a day, mine past two pairs have lasted at least 6 months.

Quality:
    The sound quality of these headphones are very impressive. They insert in your ear nicely and the music sounds great.

• Primary use:
    • Personal
    • Was this a gift?:

Break easily!

from Orange County, CA

About Me Avid Listener

Pros

Cons

• Easily Broken

• Daily Usage

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

I used to buy these Skullcandy ear buds because I had heard that the brand was high-quality and reputable. However, these ear buds were the worst I have ever used! I bought pair after pair, and they only lasted about three months before the sound in one ear would become patchy or be lost altogether.
      While the ear buds lasted, they offered good sound quality, but if you are looking for a more durable and comfortable product, I would recommend Philips-brand ear buds.

• Primary use:
      • Personal
      • Was this a gift?:

AWESOME!

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

I absolutely love these headphones! They are great for on the go, and are durable enough for even the roughest college student.

Sound Quality
      They are so much better than most other brands out there. And for the price? Who could resist not buying these! I listen to music constantly and have not found another brand that was as good for the price.

These are very sleek and stylish!

As a college student constantly on the go, these have stayed like new through multiple semester of hard studying.

• Comfort:

Awful, my earbud broke on the very first day I had them.

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

I hated them. They hardly ever worked.

Sound Quality
      They were not bad when it came to hearing the music.

Comfort
      They were very comfortable.

They were regular looking headphones.

Mine broke on the first day. I was just listening to music and all of the sudden the earbuds broke and I was really frustrated because they were supposed to be a good brand.

• Comfort:

Look nice but not the best quality

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

I think the best thing about these headphones is the design, they are very cool looking and come in nice colors and the logo looks good. They come with three different sized rubber ear pieces, which pop off easily and get lost, and at least for my ears they only stay in with one of the three sizes. So be careful not to lose the rubber things. The sound quality is average for earbuds.

Good But You Can Get Cheaper Pairs

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

I really enjoyed these headphones, however mine broke after only a few times wearing them. One of the headphones went out. I bought another pair just like it, I thought maybe it was just how I was wearing them, so I took good care of my new ones and they still broke. I was disappointed but tried again and after those broke I went to a different brand.

• Comfort:

Great durability and comfort, overall good sound quality.

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

Sound quality is ok, I do have to say much better than most earphones for this price! I have actually bought higher priced ones that were not even close to the quality of the Skull Candy ear buds, for the price they cannot be beat!

Sound Quality
      I am hard of hearing low tones so I like a lot of bass, the quality is very good but I would prefer a heftier bass sound to make my personal listening experience more balanced.

Comfort
      For ear bud type earphones these are actually very comfortable and do not continually slip out of my ears. I give this one a good rating for comfort! These would probably be great for kids as they fit great and do not slip out so easily.

I believe the design is pretty much standard for ear buds, nothing out of the ordinary or outstanding about the design other than the quality of comfort!

Super durable! My grandkids have used these, even once they were fighting over them and pulling them, I was sure they had broken them but no, they still work just fine! I have had more expensive headphones break much more easily so I am very happy that the Skull Candy are so durable.

• Comfort:

Skullcandy Smokin Buds Are Great!

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

I have to say these earbuds are fantastic. I picked these up about a year ago at the mall and was amazed at how great they are. They have a lot of bass which I enjoy. They also feature a nice crisp quality sound. These are a great buy for the price. They are quite comfortable and also come with 2 different size of sound cancelling buds to fit your ears perfectly. Me being very interested in music tend to listen to my ipod a lot when doing activities such as walking, riding the bus, working, and exercising. These earbuds really seem to fit in my ear and give me the satisfaction I expect from a quality headset. I never really used any Skullcandy products before discovering these but from what I can say about this product is that this company makes good products. So if you are ever in need of a new pair of headphones or would like better ones, I definitely recommend picking up a pair of these.

• Comfort:

great headphones, loud colorful and cool.

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

great headphones. they are loud and clear. also they look very cool with the colorfulness. quality headphones. skullcandy always comes through.

very loud and clear.

Comfort
      i can wear these all day and not feel sore.

looks great like all skullcandy headphones.

i always use these and they are good as new.

A good pair of buds!

Comments about Skullcandy Smokin Buds Earbuds:

For me, this headphones have been quite an interesting piece of auditory outputs. I have enjoyed this headphones for most of the time that I have used them. Although it feels a little flimsy but that much is negligible. So if you're just a simple music user, I recommend using these for it.