Other Headphones:

Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

A funky new twist to an old school device we all use.

These headphones are the greatest I have ever used.  They have a little padding on the band that goes on top of your head but still gives you that comfort that doesn't make it annoying to wear them for long periods of time.The different colors works well for those who have iPods of different colors as well.  The converting feature to make the headphones collaspable is a plus whenever you want to put the headphones away and fear of breaking them.

the lowrider headphone is only good for ppl with small ears

i got this skullcandy lowrider headphone as a gift. I have been using it for couple month. The sound quality is decent for this kinda of lower end headphones. The headphone can be easily folded down to a smaller size to carry around and for travel. However,this headphone's cord is too short. Without a extension cord, it's hard for me to plug into my desktop and move around my desk. Also the headphone is comfortable at first, but after using it for a period of time my ears starts to hurt. I don't think my ear is bigger than normal people, but the headphone does not cover entirely my ear so it puts pressure on parts of my ear. The color i received is a hot pink color. IT does look pretty stylish but can not compare to those higher end headphone like the beats by dr dre. If i am paying for a headphone, i would rather save this money and buy a higher end headphone. Therefore, overall i do not recommend this headphone due to it's uncomfortable to my ear and the price.

One of the best out there!

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

The headphones are almost flawless, but the only bad thing is that the right speaker is a bit louder than the left one. They're comfy, have a nice and clear sound and make an excellent Christmas gift!

Sound Quality
The sound is amazing! It makes almost all other headphones seem like baby toys. When put on you don't hear anything around you and the sound is perfectly clear. They are loud, but not too loud.

Comfort
It has adjustable sides and is very comfy when wearing them. I can go all day wearing them without it getting uncomfortable. It has cushions on the speakers and also on the top which makes them even more comfortable.

They look great, but when you fold them, it is a bit unpractical because they can;t fit anywhere except a bag or something. Other than that, it's completely modern and looks great. The best color for them is black, but you can also find them in purple and white.

They can last for ages. Great quality, as well as the material.

• Comfort:

Durability wise...better than the original Hesh

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

I originally had the Hesh. While I like the design and sound, they kept breaking on me. The cheap plastic material that held the sliding headphone piece kept snapping. I would only use my headphones during my daily commute. Unacceptable, and decided to use the coupon for the lifetime warranty on this product.

These headphones are very simple, nothing flashy. The sound quality is less than the Skullcandy Hesh headphones, but they at least stay together. Like the Hesh's, they have a built in button to receive phone calls or play/pause music on the iPhone. Another feature of the headphones I enjoy is the ability to fold them up into a compact design. Makes it easy to place into a bag for easy storage.

If you're looking for great sound, the Lowriders are not the ones to go for. Audiophiles will need to go elsewhere. But for those looking for simple on-the-ear headphones with a good durable design, I believe the Lowriders are a good choice.

Not made to last

from Glendora, CA

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

I was satisfied with the performance of these headphones... until they stopped working within a year of me having them. Also, these look really sassy and can be rocked by girls and guys, but they don't look good for long. This is because the white part of the headphones that rest against the ears quickly gets dirty and looks filthy-- not a good look!

Best headphones I have owned

from Michigan

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

Over the years I have owned numerous brand and type of headphones. these have to be to best that I have owned. they are very durable, fold down for easy storage and the sound quality is great. they are a great buy.

• Comfort:

Not bad if you have a low to moderate budget.

from Van Nuys, CA

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

Considering the price and quality of the headphones, they're not the best in the world but they're pretty darn good and reasonably priced. If you can't afford professional grade headphones from companies like sennheiser then grab a pair of these instead.

Sound Quality
I've used them on a variety of electronic and they work ok. Be careful when wiggling it around as you will hear the contacts moving around from time to time.

No static from peaking and they block outside noises really well, the mic could be a bit better but so long as you don't shout into it you should be fine.

Battery Life
No problems so far, over time it'll probably have to be replaced I imagine.

They are a little filmsy, I had a friend who owned a pair and the arch had been completely broken into pieces. But as long as you take care of them you should be fine. And the bar that holds the folds together does try to slip out from time to time but its not that big of a deal because you can just push it back in.

The cable is a little fiddly because it doesn't come with a plastic spool for you to wrap around or have a spring spool that winds itself up, but thats just me nit-picking really.

The actual speakers themselves can rotate sideways so it makes those times when you wear headphones for a while and they start to clip at your ears alot more bearable. Which is great considering at that point is where I swap to buds which I really don't like.

Not the best... Would NOT recommend!

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

Ok so I used to own a pair of these and the price for them was a good reasonable price and they worked nicely for awhile until around 2 weeks after owning them and using them frequently they snapped right in half. RIGHT IN HALF! now I know why their price was so low compared to the other sellers out there and when it comes to headphones you may need to pay a little more if you want a sturdy good pair of headphones. Would never buy that company again and when I asked my friends who owned them if it was just me they said the same thing and then I knew for sure that these types of headphones were not durable. And not worth buying. The only thing that makes me sad is that I like them so much in the first place because of the awesome colours they had. But I have moved on from that. I wouldn't recommend!!!

Love the sound quality and style

from Beaufort, SC

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

I like the comfort and sound quality that the low riders provide. I especially like that they can easily folded up and be packed in bag for travel. They are light weight and look outstanding. The sound is amazing especially for the price.

Amazing sound in SkullCandy!

from Pikesville, MD

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

The Skullcandy lowrider headphones are excellent and I have no qualms about having bought them to replace a similar kind by Skullcandy that had previously broken due to overuse. First off, they are extremely comfortable and go over your ears very nicely. This is in addition to the excellent sound quality that these things have. I am extremely pleased. Moreover, the headphones are fairly stylish, so you do not end up looking quite foolish walking around with them like other people sometimes do with other types of headphones. They aren't too big and they aren't too small - they are quite the right size. The one real downside is the price. Be prepared to pay some serious money for these headphones. Nonetheless, I would definitively recommend the Skullcandy Lowrider headphones to any audiophiles looking for a new set. I doubt that you would be disappointed with the bang for your buck, despite the overall price. These are definitely comparable to much more expensive headphones.

Such Great Colors...But...

from San Francisco, CA

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

I love the many colors these headphones come in...And the puffy, plush ear pieces...But the thing is...The plastic snaps really easy...The first time you place them in your bag and the smallest thing lands anywhere near where your headpones are stored...I guarantee the outer shell will snap...And then you are left with wire...And no connecting head piece...Kind of stinks...

My son loves his skullcandy lowriders

from Wellsville, UT

Comments about Skullcandy Lowrider Headphones:

I bought some Skullcandy Lowrider headphones for my 12 year old son for Christmas this year and he loves them. I was a little skeptical at first because he wanted some of the full ear coverage ones that my older son has that are the noise cancelling but I got such a great deal on these that it was worth a try. He is very pleased with them which makes me very happy. They are not as bulky as some of the others and the sound quality is fantastic. They also come in some really cool colors and designs which makes them more appealling to the younger crowd. You cannot beat the price compaed to some of the more expensive brands which is definitely a positive for me, especially when buying for an adolescent who may or may not take the best care of them. I would recommend them to anyone interested in good quality headphones for a great price.