Other Headphones:

Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Bose Quiet Comfort 3 headphones live up to the name BOSE!

You find yourself seated on a crowded commuter train surrounded by lord and  incessant chatter. Hundreds of mouths moving 90 miles an hour, but all you hear is........silence! Why? Because you are wearing your new BOSE QuietComfort 3 Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones.

The QuietComfort 3 on-ear headphone offers the quality you have come to expect from the Bose family of headphones but with a sleek and smaller style as compared to the larger around-the-ear style of the QuietComfort 15.

QuietComfort 3 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and charger as opposed to other traditional battery operated models. The battery claims 25 hours of continuous use and with continued use, I have found this claim to be true. Although I would recommend investing in a second battery to use as a back-up since there is no indication of how much battery life is left and it is not likely that anyone is keeping track of the hours of usage.

The on-ear model is definitely more sleek and less obtrusive than the larger around-ear model. However, having traveled extensively while wearing QuietComfort 3 headphones, I have found that with the on-ear model sound tends to "bleed through" at higher volumes.

Also, with extended use I often find the QuietComfort 3 on-ear model slightly uncomfortable. Basically, my ears get tired!

Overall, I highly recommend the BOSE QuietComfort 3 headphone. The noise cancelling qualities are superior and the overall sound quality is excellent--every note, every whisper, every shout is heard in crystal clear Bose quality sound, at any decibal.

Quiet your world-Bose QuietComfort 3 headphones.

QC2 is basicly the same quality and it has less ear pain

I have owned Bose products before and always been very happy with them. I am a programmer and love noise cancelling headphones so that I can concentrate on my work. When I first received my headphones I was thrilled. They seemed small, easy to carry in its slim case and it had a rechargeable battery. Its seemed to good to be true. I was somewhat right. Nothing seems to ever be perfect. The headphones are comfortable to put one. They are different the previous models because they go on top of the ear instead of going around. I charged the battery and then put them on and started my music. This is when I encountered a problem for me. The pressure from the sound waves of the speaker against my eardrums hurt my ears. It's not that the volume was hurting my ears it's just how it was being sent to my ears that hurt. I mean I was in pain. As soon as I turned the music off the pain went away. So I decided to return my Bose QuietComfort3 and just stick with my old ones. They are almost just as good at canceling out the noise and it comes without the pain so I think I will stick with the QuietComfort2. They are a little larger but hey we are talking being in pain or something being a little more bulky. I think I will stick with bulky. My advice is to go into the store and really try them out before you spend the money to buy them.

Worth all of it, great sound!

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

Great headphones are hard to find for a good price and that lets you hear EVERYTHING in your songs, great for if you record music. These worked terrific with my MAudio interface and my Mic when recording guitar solos and vocals, and the sound is comparable to my studio monitors when I'm mixing tracks.

Sound Quality
Definitely gives you the full song quality.

Comfort
Normal for headphones, a little stiff.

Seem to be built well.

• Comfort:

Bose QuietComfort 3 Headphones really do cancel the noise!

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

Bose QuietComfort 3 Headphones really do cancel the noise!

I don't travel by plane a lot -- maybe three or 4 trips per year. But I won't get on an airplane without my Bose QuietComfort 3 Noise Cancelling Headphones. They have completely changed travel for me! I love them.

Without them, I really notice just how loud it is in a plane. It's not just the crying baby in the seat behind you. It's not just the yackity-yackity teenagers across the isle. Just the plane itself is noisy! That hummmm, roar constant sound is VERY loud!

I put my headphones on right after takeoff. Even though they are an electronic device, the airlines let you turn them on to "noise cancel" before they allow you to use your portable electronic devices. So I listen to "cancelled noise" for the first part and last part of the flight. And I listen to music from my ipod when electronic devices are allowed.

They are very comfortable (maybe a little bit heavy) but not a problem to wear for a 6 or 7 hour flight. And the sound quality is BOSE quality.

Just a quick story to end this review: I flew to Hawaii with my father. His hearing isn't great. So luckily for him, a noisy plane is not a problem for him. As we found our seats, we saw that the a woman with a small (CRYING) baby was sitting behind us. I put my noise cancelling headphones immediately, and it was no problem at all! When the man who set next to me sat down, he pulled out the exact same model of headphones. We looked at each other and nodded knowingly. A perfect flight! Thanks to Bose!

• Comfort:

Best headphones I have ever used.

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

These are the best headphones I have ever used. When I use these headphones I can not hear anything else around me which is great when I am trying to peacefully listen to my music. The sound quality is outstanding I can hear every word and every instrument which is great there are parts in the song that I had never heard before I got these headphones.

Amazing Headphones

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

These headphones are my go to headphones when it comes to travel. They are simply amazing. I spend much of my time in the air and these headphone are great. On an overnight flight from San Francisco to New York I was stuck with a screaming 2 year old in the row behind me and was the happiest man on the plane when I realized I had just purchased these headphones. I put them on, played some music (not very loud) and the noise the baby was making was simply gone. I feel asleep without hearing anything from the outside world. They also work great if you need to zone out the people talking next to you.
If I have work that needs to be done, I simply put on these headphones, listen to some music and regardless of where I am, on the plane, the lounge or at the gate these headphones are life savers. I found them to be a great investment and hope to use them for many more years to come.

Sound Quality
It is very clean and clear. Love it.

They are a tad bit bulky, but I guess it helps with the noise cancelling.

Peace and Quiet

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

I should have bought these noice cancelling headphones sooner. Not only does it block out the noise of honking traffic and screaming babies, it's so comfortable. The best thing about this product is that it's a fraction of a cost of many other noise cancelling headphones but does its job perfectly. The only complaint I have will be to upgrade its design to make it more modern.

Best headset ever

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

I got these for Christmas last year and I take them everywhere I go. These headsets have saved my hearing and my has improved my whole travel experience. It muffles the airplane noise and the constant talkers, snoring passenger, crying children and lets me enjoy the movie, or music, or just let's me sleep. I can get off the plane feeling more relaxed rather then totally worn out from the experience.

Sound Quality
They makes movies, and music sound great. Not only that I wear them at night to block out my husbands snoring (don't laugh they really help).

Comfort
The padded ear pieces are very comfortable. I thought they might be more bulky and heavy. when I put them on for the first time they were so light weight I was happily surprise. They also expand for a wide range of head sizes, my husband has the same headsets and he expand and fit him perfectly as well.

I was worried they would look very bulky like those older headsets used to look. They fit close to the head and have a nicer steam lined look.

I don't leave home without them! I travel with them, and I exercise in the gym with these headsets. They block out the equipment noises and music playing in the gym, so I can get lost in a movie or my music.

• Comfort:

the best available on the market

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

Bose makes the best acoustic products and they have outdone themselves with these headphones. They literally give you concert quality sound, and block out all noise other than the music you are listening to. They are comfortable on your ears, and give a secure fit. They have held up to a lot of usage, and are still running as well as the first day I got them.

Best headphones ever!

from Saint Petersburg, FL

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

WHEN I flew and used them for the first time I couldn't believe how peaceful the flight was going to be. I didn't even hear the flight attendant when she asked if I wanted a drink. I didn't get bothered by the engines even when I was sitting by the wings. Hands down the best one ever.

Comfort
I did n't feel any kind of discomfort in my ears. The cushion is perfect for any pair of ears. I had different people at my work test how

They are covering your ears so it may feel awkward at the beginning but since I was an old school DJ I adjusted very well to it. You just have to sit back and enjoy the great sounds of a movie or whatever music you may have.

I have them for about a year and the have been used a lot and almost every day and they are still going. The usage of battery is minimal as I have changed them 3 times during this time frame. I do use the best batteries for electronics so that could be a reason why.

Awesome headphones

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

These headphones do really well to cancel out noise, and they are really comfortable. It's hard to find a pair that fit nicely on my head, but these were perfect. While the design is not something to go crazy over, I personally like the simplicity of it.

Bose Noise-Canceling Headphones - No Complaints to be Heard

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones:

I love Bose noise-canceling headphones. I wear them all the time when at home and sometimes when I go out. These headphones are brilliant. I really enjoy the sound quality which is very good, much better than Beats headphones. The music quality is crisp and clear although the base doesn't come through as much as it does with Beats. The Bose headphones make up for this by having better clarity and overall sound quality. Additionally, the noise-canceling effects make this product for me. I live with a roommate and the ability to filter out external noise is vital to my happiness. I love this quality of my Bose headphones which make it so that I don't have to hear every single thing going on in my roommate's life.

Overall, I recommend these headphones because of sound quality and clarity. Additionally, the noise-canceling effects are a God-send. Everyone should get these headphones whether you are an avid music listener or simply a casual music fan.