Other Headphones:

Bose QuietComfort Headphones

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Great sound and wonderful quiet combined

I love these headphones!!!!  I use them on the plane, in the gym, in my car, at my computer, and plug them in to my flat screen.  Wonderful sound, or glorious silence at the flick of a switch.  I can't even think of a down side to them other than they're a bit on the spendy side.

One of my favorite aspects of these head phones is the noise reduction feature.  Glorious white noise, that while it won't block out everything, quiets the noise considerably from the screaming little ones on a crowded airplane you were lucky enough to get seated next to, and can all but erase the constant drone of jet engines.  For the sound aspect, you need to be plugged into whatever you wish to listen to as they aren't wireless, but for noise reduction, all you need to do is flick the switch on the side of your headphones and you needn't be plugged into anything.

The sound quality is superb, comes with adapters for virtually any type of inflight entertainment system, and works with all of your home entertainment or communication devices, (i.e. phone, ipod, computer, etc).  While the headphones compact nicely, the case that comes with the headphones is a bit larger than neccessary, but does make it easy to carry your accessories for the headphones.  The upside to this, is you could probably fit other things, (like an Ipod), into this case for more secure travel as it is quite sturdy and well made.

1. Around-ear fit**: **earcups rest around your ears
2. Bose noise reduction and quality sound
3. Comfortable, lightweight headphone
4. AAA battery: 40 hours average life
5. Fold-flat earcups for easy storage in slim carrying case

***Overall headphone dimensions:***

7.75"H x 6.5"W ( 19.69 cm x 16.5 cm )

***Ear cushion outside dimensions:***

3.8"H x 3"W ( 9.65 cm x 7.62 cm )

***Weight with cables:***

6.9 oz (195.6 g)

LIghtweight, well made, easy to travel with, unbeatable sound or glorious silence.  I like em' a lot.

Good quality at first, but far too fragile.

I received these headphones for christmas in december 2008. I was impressed with the quality - at first. However, after about a month a persistent static developed in the headphones. I was able to ignore this for the most part as it was not usually audible with most music / videos. Unfortunately, the cord recently developed what I assume is a bad connection and will have to be sent in for repair, after only half a year of usage. I will reserve harsh judgement until I see how the repair goes, but based on my initial assessment, I would recommend buying a more sturdy set.

great

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Durable
  • Good Bass
  • Good Value
  • Great Sound
  • Lightweight
  • Stylish

Cons

• Music
    • Relaxing
    • Traveling
    • With My Computer
    • Working

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

the headphone is realy realy great, i feel the sound through in my soul, and i feel comfortable, and the style of the headphone is very coo, i ues boss headphone since 2years 7 month and still work so great then, good value for money headphones,and easy to use, good size and have good lightwight and looks great too TriPort technology, available only from Bose you see how is beautiful, and the headphone is highs are excellent and so are the lows,Bose is known for two things: noise cancellation headphones, and getting better sound quality than one would expect for the size of the product. These are NOT noise cancelling headphones, so they are more about getting the sound quality one would expect from larger headphones.
    thaaaanks boss

• Primary Use:
    • Listening to iPod
    • Was this a gift?:

Bose QuietComfort 2 Headphones - Super choice!

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

A few years ago, I had a few opportunities to travel overseas over a few weeks. I knew I would be spending long hours on the plane and I knew that the noise levels there would cause a headache soon after departure. I decided to invest in some BOSE over the ear headphones, even though they were far more expensive than I would ever consider paying for something like this. When I got the headphones, I immediately liked the carrying case because it was so convenient, but I was worried that it would be a little bulky. When I tested the headphones at home, I thought that they would cancel out ALL NOISE and that I would only be able to hear what was coming from my iPod. I learned that that's not what noise canceling headphones actually DO so I decided to keep them and give it a try on the plane. Boy, was I glad I did! When I turned on the noise canceling feature, the low hum of the plane disappeared and I felt like I was in a really peaceful, quiet place. During the flight, I plugged into my "seat" and listened to the movies. My volume was turned up to 1 (one) and not 10 like my neighbors. I wore them while I slept during the flight and it was awesome. I would DEFINITELY recommend these earphones!

Bose: The King of Sound

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

Bose is the hands down King of Sound! Fluid, clear, clean and above par in every area of sound, Bose cannot be beaten. It is the sound system of choice in offices and in homes where quality is important. I cannot even think of a close second runner-up. For anyone in the market for a sound system, this is the one you want to splurge on. It will no doubt last you for a lifetime. They have a wide variety of products and come out with new ideas for sound on a regular basis. Again, Bose is the one!

Sound Quality
    Exceptional.

They have a wide variety of design options and there is something for everyone.

Think .... decades.

• Comfort:

It's Heaven to your ears.

from North Hollywood, CA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

These headphones are beyond comfortable. The sound is just perfect. This is a product that you wont be disappointing with, I didn't even expect these headphones to be this perfect. All of my friends always ask to borrow them, I really recommend these headphones to Hip-Hop and Jazz Listeners.

my sanity traveling for over 7 years

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

these headphones have going around the world with me many times - transpacific, transatlantic, transcontinental, transhemispherical, you name it - on planes, trains, boats, cars, etc etc etc, since someone gave them to me as a gift in 2005. and i still love them. as another reviewer said, they don't completely cancel out all noise, but i'd find that super disturbing anyway. however, they cancel out so much that i cannot hear if someone next to me is talking at all - even in coach on a plane. the leather on the ear is extremely soft - i don't like bulky headphones, but i've actually fallen asleep with these on - and the noise was canceled so much that i didn't hear an immigration official banging on the door at a border to turkey on a train - embarrassing, because they had to send someone to get a key to enter and wake me up. anyway, i've gifted a newer version to a good friend, and she loves them as well. great headphones with great bose sound.

Comfort
    the leather on the ear is extremely soft - i don't like bulky headphones, but i've actually fallen asleep with these on.

• Comfort:

Quality unsurpassed and worth the cost

from Ridge Spring, SC

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

This set of headphones was something I swore I would never buy....until it showed up on my loved ones Christmas list. So I finally bit the bullet and made the purchase- so glad I did! I have never heard anything like it- the sound is clear and outside sounds are blocked completely.

Sound Quality
    better than I imagined- and truly quiet from outside sounds

Comfort
    not too heavy, sit well on ears

Nice looking set of head phones- typical Bose simplicity. Not a lot of "bells and whistles", just solid reliability.

I am saying very good based on the Bose reputation- too soon for me to have first hand experience.

• Comfort:

A definite Must in any frequent flyer's carry-on bag!

from Cedar, MI

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

Reliable/easily assembled AND VERY Functional! I am sure that they will preserve what "little" functional hearing I have left! I love the  BOSE 2 Noise-suppressing headsets(overear) better than the 3rd generation headset, although the rechargable battery is an excellent addition! Perhaps the next generation device will add this to the "wishlist". I anxiously await the arrival. RBS

Very comfortable and you can't hear anything around you!

from Freeport, NY

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

I can sleep with these headphones on or go jogging, they are extremely comfortable and I love them! They may be a little bit bulky, but they really cut out all the sound around you and sound great.  The music is played clear and I have no problems with the sound quality.  I use them at least once a day and can honestly say that they are one of the greatest pairs of headphones that I have ever invested in.

Though quiet expensive, these headphones offer the ultimate.

from Elwood, IN

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

Even though these headphones are quite expensive, they offer the ultimate experience of music listening.  Whether your on the go or your feet are planted the headphones will feel comfortable and the noise reduction are sure to please any individual of all ages.

Comfortable at home and on the plane.

from Pleasant Hill, CA

Comments about Bose QuietComfort Headphones:

Great value for your money. You'll be delighted with the headphones: very comfy, great looking, perfect fit, good sound and you're able to use them on every plane. The only inconvenience is to cary them with you for the case is a bit big and they take more room then other headphones.