3.8
Other Headphones:
Skullcandy
S2INBL FZ
Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ

Summary

Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds - Anything you wear on your head affects your appearance. As an interim step toward a face tattoo, consider grooving to the beat of your own drum with INK'Ds ear buds. Rock hard, look good, stay mad at the world and save enough money to buy INK'D ear buds. INK'D ear buds are available in your favorite color and the sound out of these price friendly headphones make you feel like you spent much more. Features: Plug type 3.5mm gold plated, Max Input is 100 mW. Model Year: 2009, Product ID: 147666

Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Comfort:

Great deal for the money! Great sound!

All right, these aren't my absolute favorite variety of Skullcandy earbuds -- I most prefer the Smokin' Buds (the business end is slightly angled, and it fits me more comfortably). However, the Smokin Buds cost more than the Ink'd Buds, and for the money these are great. They definitely deserve 5 stars.

Let's talk about the way they fit. Skullcandy buds don't sit outside the ear canal, they fit right into the end of the ear canal. Some people fit them tightly enough to cause a complete seal. This is possible because of the soft cuffs at the end of each speaker... you can choose small, medium or large according to what feels best to you. These are easy to change and really add to the comfort of the buds.

Now let's talk about the sound. My experience with many varieties of earbuds (they usually don't last more than a few months at my house, because my cat eats wires) leads me to believe that Skullcandy buds have the best sound quality at the most reasonable price. I'm not an engineer, and I don't know about technical specs, but I can tell you that these sound crisp and clean in the upper ranges, with good depth and breadth in the lower ranges. Other earbuds in this pricerange often sound muffled by comparison.

To summarize -- I recommend these for anyone who wants an inexpensive, soft-style earbud. One last caveat: don't turn the volume up too loud!

Worth the price, but that's not saying much

I bought a pair of green Skullcandy ink'd earbuds approximately five months ago. So far, they have stood up to constant use pretty well aside from losing the little gummy bud covers (which annoys me to no end, since I have to use the next size up that doesn't fit my ears very well). I'm not the only one with this problem, so be very careful. Also, do not use these for exercising. The buds tend to fall out of my ears after a while, and the cord makes a strange sawing sound when it rubs against clothing or just moves around in the air. They block out mechanical noises very well, but sometimes don't entirely block out human voices in a crowded area. In that case, feel free to turn up the volume as much as you want, because it's practically impossible for anyone but you to hear it even in a silent room (there's very minimal noise leakage). Overall, I would recommend these, just because they are so cheap that their benefits outweigh the disadvantages.

Pretty awesome for the price

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

The brand Skullcandy has been around for a few years now. I've always seen people with them so when my old pair finally gave up on me, I decided to give them a try. They are pretty good headphones but they are not as good as I had expected them to be. In my opinion they don't give out enough bass. They get pretty loud though, which is a huge plus. I get distracted very easily when I am trying to study so I often find myself grabbing my headphones to block out all of the excess noise, which they are very well at doing.

Sound Quality
The Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds get very loud. I wish they could produce more bass though.

I am not gentle with heaadphones in the slightest. They usually end up in my bag underneath books, twisted in a million little knots so naturally I go through headphones pretty quickly. I've had the Skullcandy Earbuds for about six months and they still work as though I had just purchased them.

• Comfort:

great headphones for everywhere!

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

these go everywhere with me, have a convenient microphone and track change button so I can use them to listen to music and take calls while I work out or work on my computer with music!

Sound Quality
they go up really loud which is great for the gym! They also seem to cancel out a great deal of noise even when the volume is lower.

Comfort
they come with different sizes of rubber for the best fit, they hurt my ears after a really long time but all earbuds do.

stylish, I love the turquoise color on the earbud but also love that the cord is black so they don't draw attention because it is often unsafe to walk around in public with headphones in that people may be tempted to steal your music player or phone.

These headphones go from my backpack to my purse to my pocket and haven't caused any problems! The cord has stayed very much in tact and the flat cord tangles less than round cords that some earbud designs use.

• Comfort:

They were good while they lasted.

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

Love the sound that comes from them...the durability, however, is another issue. The left side gave out on me and stopped playing music less than 4 months after I bought them. If you're not looking for durablity, these are fine. But if you want earbuds that will last, look elsewhere.

Good Sound

from New Baltimore, MI

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

I think sound quality is pretty good on these earbuds, especially compared to cheaper gummi brands but I have trouble keeping them in my ears when walking around outside or running. If you're just sitting around or need them for a computer or tablet, I think they are great. However, it could be that I am used to the shape of Apple's ear buds, a couple of people I have talked to prefer the shape of ear buds like these. I think the design is pretty good, skullcandy normally comes in a couple of bright colors and seem to be pretty fashionable and trendy as far as ear buds go (although headphones are trendier than ear buds, in general.)

• Comfort:

Great Product for a Great Price!

from Belleville, IL

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

I love my Skullcandy earbuds. The free pair that came with my iPod just were not cutting it, so I wanted to find something that worked well and looked great but were still affordable. The Skullcandy earbuds fit the bill perfectly. Mine have lasted me for years, and still work great and look great. I use my earbuds when traveling and working out. They stay in place, so you don't constantly have to put them back in. I really am very satisfied with this product, and see no reason to ever purchase another brand.

Sound Quality
Best sound quality of any earbuds I have purchased.

Comfort
Very comfortable, and they stay put.

The look great, and come in several colors.

Mine have held up really well.

Worth the price, but that's not saying much

• Comfort:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

The quality of the sound is great, however, the earbuds have a bit of trouble staying in when I run especially. They are comfortable and (so far) durable.

Sound Quality
Sound quality brings out every little detail of the music. Instruments I never even noticed in songs seem to pop out.

Comfort
They are very comfortable and don't hurt my ears at all.

Nothing spectacular, but not horrible either. The earbuds are not suitable for excercising(as they fall out when I run).

The only reason I am not giving the Durability a 5 is because I haven't had them that long, so I don't know how long they will last. They seem to be sturdy. I have accidentally jerked them out of my ears and they didn't break.

Okay earbuds

from New York, NY

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

I got a great deal on this earphone. Unfortunately, its sound is just average. It doesn't have enough bass. Notes tend to be on the high side. For listening to AM radios is ok, but not for listening to hd or stereo music sound. Earphone these days tend to come with those little gel plugs with different sizes where you could choose to attach to them to the ear buds. They don't fit comfortably in my ears. I like the earphones made in the old days where they don't use those little gel plugs. I've bought over 9 earphones last year and most of them don't produce powerful sound. I bought a pair of Skullcandy Jib earphones as well and they sound bad as well. The only good thing about this earphone is that it has a long cord (around 4.5 feet). It's small and easy to carry around. Unfortunately, it is not producing very good sound.

Great Headphones when Relaxing

from West Jordan, UT

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

My iPod headphones that I ran with were going out so I bought these as replacement. I was really excited because they are very comfortable on the ears the sound is terrific and I love the long cord. However, when I started running I changed my mind. These headphones fit SO well in your ears that you literally can't hear anything else EXCEPT your own breath. While running, my breath reverberates through the headphones and it's really annoying. I also like to be able to hear what's going on around and behind me when I run and these headphones don't allow that. All that being said, I still love these headphones when I'm listening to music for relaxation or at work when I DON'T want outside noises. They are a definite good buy for sitting still. :)

Love them

from Montezuma, GA

Comments about Skullcandy INK'd Earbuds S2INBL-FZ:

Skullcandy headphones...they caught my eye because of the name. I loved the different colors and so far, i've had no problem at all with my headphones. I use them constantly, and they've lasted quite a while. The bass is really good, and the mids and highs do well also. They are comfortable and do not fall out of my ears like some other headphones that I've owned. They are also very good at blocking outside noise, even though they're not marketed as "noise cancelling". The cord is a nice length. Definitely long enough for everything I've used them for. They come with different size cushiony attachments to fit different sized ears. This helps a lot on comfort as well. The sound is good, and with the great price, these can't be beat!

I've bought some for a friend, and she loved them also. If you don't want to spend a lot on headphones, and still want great sound and quality, this would be the thing to buy!