4.1
Singer
Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine

Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine

4.1

Bought It, Used It, Love It!

from Johnsonville, SC

Comments about Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine:

Works great for anything I have tried to sew with it ... crafts, jean hems, aprons, baby blankets. Need I say more?

Stitch Performance
I have not encountered any problems with stitching unless the needle has a burr or I have rotten thread.

It is a basic machine so there is not much that could go wrong. Thread your needle and bobbin right then go to work.

Fabric Handling
Since it is a basic machine it will underfeed your material a bit but if you hold the proper tension on fingers as it slides through you will be able to hold most of that back.

Versatility
There are all sorts of attachments you can buy for it although I only have the ruffler so I can't speak much on that.

I would say very good but the pedal will walk away from you so I try to remember to put some books behind as to keep it from going far.

I have had the machine for about 7 years and I have had no problems with it.

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

Disappointed in Singer sewing machine 5050C

from Holts Summit, MO

Comments about Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine:

This machine has not been used very much, but is already nearly ready for the motor to quit. It has been used to repair only a few clothes, like busted seams, hems, shirt pockets and a few pair of jeans. After using it less then 20 or 30 times in the space of about a year, it doesn't have power to sew and there is a burning smell from the motor. I have refilled the bobbin less than 10 times, so am very dissapointed in the duribility of this sewing machine. Needless to say, it has been sitting unused for a couple of years. Singer seemed to have a good reputation, so I don't think this model has lived up to it's name.

The Singer 5050 Mechanical Sewing Machine

from Brooten, MN

Comments about Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I have several sewing machines, because I sew alot. The Singer 5050 sewing machine has everything you need to do almost any basic sewing. Also has many different dtich patterns. I think it is easy to use and almost anyone can learn to use it. I think it is a wonderful little machine.

I couldn't live without my Singer 5050

from Norcross, GA

Comments about Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I am a recent fashion graduate!  While obtaining my degree, I remember spending countless nights on my Singer starting and completing class projects. I've sewn everything with that machine! It has many functions and capabilities! Even now, I use it almost daily as I am starting my own business making handmade items!  This machine is my money maker and life saver!!!!

singer sewing machine are great

from Ekron, KY

Comments about Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I have my singer sewing machine for years. If you like me ,not big on sewing , this is perfect for you. Is easy to handle but not top of the line. It's good enough for me to do my little sewing once in a while. No need to spend a fortune.

good little workhorse for the money

from Aurora, CO

Comments about Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I purchased the Singer 5050 sewing maching about five years ago.  I have never owned a fancy machine, and to me this one was a step up from the one I had owned before.  I am not a fan of the plastic lever pieces such as the one to raise and lower the foot.  However, it seems that all machines are made that way.  I am always afraid that those pieces will eventually break off, as my previous machine from another company's did.

It is quite easy to thread, and the adjustments for tensions are easy to adjust.  I have not had any problem with any materials.  Being very short, I have to hem every pair of jeans that I buy.  I just switch to a more durable needle, and it does not have any issues going through triple layers of denim.  I have made many a costume with sequinned fabric and many soft, silky fabrics as well.  The Singer 5050 was well worth the cost and has lasted far longer than I anticipated a machine of its lower end cost.  This little sewing machine has been a true workhorse in my home.

a gteat sewing machine at a reasonable price

from Cheyenne, WY

Comments about Singer Mechanical Sewing Machine:

I am very happy to be able to write a review on the **Singer 5050 Mechanical Sewing Machine. **My mother recently passed hers down to me and i have to say i am quite impressed with this sewing machine. It has a stylish look and a nice case to carry and protect it. It is very easy to use and has many different stitch patterns to choose from. All controls are clearly marked and easy to use and adjust. It doesnt have automatic threading like some of the newer sewing machines do however, the **Singer 5050 Mechanical Sewing Machine **has a much better price then the machines that have automatic threading and it is fairly easy to thread it manually so this isnt too much of a problem. It works well with pretty much all types and textures of material except for jean material which doesnt seem to work well with any sewing machines except the industrial ones. All in all, it is a great sewing machine that works well and i would definately recommend it to others.