3.5
Other Sewing Machines:
Singer
Singer Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine

Summary

The SINGER 7256 Fashion Mate sewing machine is perfect for the budding fashionista. With essential features like automatic needle threader, easy top drop-in bobbin system, StayBright LED work light, easy push-button stitch selection, and automatic stitch length and width, one-of-a-kind sewing projects have never been easier. Seventy built-in stitches including six fully automatic one-step buttonholes allow you to customize garments and crafts. Included accessories: Ready, Set, Sew! DVD, all-purpose foot (on machine), zipper foot, buttonhole foot, blind hem foot, satin stitch foot, pack of needles, class 15J bobbins (three plus one in machine), thread spool caps, auxiliary spool pin, spool pin felt, darning plate, needle plate screwdriver, seam ripper/lint brush, soft-sided dust cover, instruction manual, power cord, foot controller, warranty, and printed inserts.

Singer Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine

3.5

Just okay, i'VE USED WORSE

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine:

While it is great to have all those stitches, it just seems it it's not enough. Stitch length seems a bit short. Speed good. Auto threader feels a little loose. Noise acceptable. Cords could be a might longer.

Stitch Performance
My machine is less than a year old. Starting to have problems with fancy stitches.

Threading path a logical pattern . Thread guide to needle kind of flimsy. Would be nice to use auto threader Bobbin winding is easy. Lint cleaning is easy. Thread cutter convent

Fabric Handling
Watch your layers when working with denim or twill.Thread

Versatility
Heavy lifting. Stays put though.

Looks like a sewing machine, although I could loose the green.

Don't know if it will make 5 years

• Stitch Performance:
  • Fabric Handling:
  • Versatility:

Nice beginner machine

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Singer Fashion Mate 70-Stitch Computerized Sewing Machine:

I received this sewing machine as a Christmas gift last year. It is a nice sewing machine, especially for a beginner like myself. My biggest complaint is that it's difficult to use... although, I feel as though that has a lot to do with my own user error and little to do with the quality of the sewing machine itself. It comes with a DVD, and from viewing that and getting some help from my mom, I've been able to use it moderately well. It is daunting, but I've been able to sew some basic projects, which is pretty exciting because I started off with zero experience! My favorite thing about this machine is the pretty stitches that it can make. I like the flower pattern, and want to make some place mats or a pillow case with that as a border. The pre-programmed stitches are great because they can make something simple look very pretty. Anyway, I would recommend this machine to someone starting out in sewing, because while it is complicated to learn, any machine would be, and this is a moderate price for a nice quality that will produce good products. I'm looking forward to get better at using it to create nice things for my self and home.

• Stitch Performance: