4.8
MC9500
Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine

Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine

4.8

Pros

• Can withstand use (4)
  • Easy to use (4)

• Quick repairs (4)
  • Home (3)
  • Professional (3)
  • Sewing projects (3)
    • No (3)

My Best Sewing Machine Ever

The Janome MC 9500 is a priceless sewing machiine since it not only sew but also embroiders. The best thing of it is that it does have the embroidery unit but integrated into its platform so you don't have to carry and attach the unit as with other brands of embroidery machines. Its motor runs smoothly and the box includes almost all needed accesories. Based on the industrial embroidery machines prices, the Janome MC 9500 is well priced. I have seen many sewing machines in my life since my mother and grandmothers sewn all their lives and I also have my very first sewing machine, a Kenmore which a love but it is clear not as good as the Janome MC 9500, my best sewing machine ever.

Not the best.

When I received my sample of the Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine MC9500 I was very displeased. This is my second sewing machine, and I believe it would be faster to sew by hand. When I read the instructions, I felt as if I was part of NASA and learning how to launch a rocket! They were the most difficult instructions I've EVER encountered. I had no clue that you put the thread it first, because it didn't tell you that. I can't even believe that I am giving this product a six, but the reason for that is because I actually found this incredibly easy after I got past the difficult instructions and trying to find all the buttons. In the end, I could have been faster with just a needle and thread, but this is what I'm going to be using from now on, but I probably wouldn't recommend this to a new sewer, as the instructions are bitter.

Actually surprised me with how easy it was

Worst instruction and button layout ever

It handled my fabric quite nice actually

Versatility
I can say this was rather unique, because the other things I use have clearer instructions!

The design of this is not pleasing though, could barely find the buttons.

I can't really rate this, I've had it for only a month. It has a minor chip in the side though from god knows what

good and esy

from algerie

About Me Experienced

Pros

• Can Withstand Use

Cons

• Limited Function

Chuwi Hi8 Windows 10 Android Dual Boot 8 Tablet

• Was this a gift?:
  • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

The point of view in terms of product quality

from MOROCCO- RABAT

About Me Professional

Pros

• Can Withstand Use
  • Easy To Use

Cons

• Limited Function

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

According to my experience in the field of sewing This product is among the best sewing products

Love it

from Alabama

About Me Experienced

Pros

• Can Withstand Use
  • Easy To Use
  • Versatile

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

This Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine MC9500 is an amazing and so high tech sewing machine! I have had this amazing sewing machine for about a year and a half now, and I have used it quite a bit during that time of owning it. Not only can you use it for normal and regular sewing, but you can also use it to embroider different items and materials. This feature makes this sewing machine great for not only personal households, but for businesses as well, especially those in the hemming/sewing/alterations/embroidery businesses. This Janome sewing machine is pretty easy to use, I wasn't too sure what I was going to think of a computerized sewing machine, but it is not too intimidating as one would think.

• Was this a gift?:

Sewing machine of the future

from Richmond VA

Pros

• Easy To Use

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

I have never used such a high-tech sewing machine in my entire life! I had the opportunity to take this machine for a test run recently and I was so amazed at how easy it was to use. I was really intimidated at first because I have never used anything quite like it, and in fact I tend to prefer sewing by hand anyway. But using this was so easy to get the hang of, and it really felt like a treat. I was so happy with how my project came out and it was so much fun to use this machine. It's like something from the Jetsons!

Perfection.

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

• Can Withstand Use
        • Easy To Use
        • Versatile

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

Absolutely amazing!! I cannot believe this thing! I was not able to actually purchase it, but I used it for several weeks through someone else and I was incredibly stunned. I have tried to embroider for a while, and I was never any good at it, but with this I got a bunch of canvas done for so many gifts. It didn't even take me that long! I can honest to god say that I will be saving and saving my dimes to buy this one for my home, it is worth the price once it comes down to it for all of the capabilities it includes. I fell head over heels in love with this machine, it would definitely be just what I needed to get so many of my unfinished sewing and craft projects finally done… Just so I can start on a bunch more of them obviously. This is a great product, way to go, my small Singer has now been blown out of the water. I would definitely brag about this to anyone that would listen.

• Was this a gift?:

So easy to read, perfect for any beginner.

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

I recently began sewing as a hobby, and this machine has become my best friend. It has an easy to use LCD read out, so you can see how deep the stitches go, as well as the pattern to follow. It also has several preset modes and designs in place, so if you don't know what to create, or want to design a distinct style, the work is done for you.

Stitch Performance
          The machine sews deeply in to any fabric. It penetrates cotton based fabrics best, and stitches on top and bottom, so you don't have to worry about loose ends when working on a design or any garment.

It is error proof. It has the LCD screen, gives you step by step instructions, and even shows the directions, and how to follow patterns you are working on, so you can't make a mistake when using the sewing machine.

Fabric Handling
          It works well with cotton and thinner materials. I haven't had issues with jumbling or items getting jammed, so I find it is pretty good at handling different types of fabrics.

Versatility
          It is a sewing machine, so there really isn't much versatility to begin with. I do like that it has several preset designs you can choose from, and allows you to select the mode when sewing, other than that, it is pretty straightforward.

It is tall so you can fit several fabrics in the machine, it also has an ergonomic design, so you can work from the sides, or front/back when sewing. It also has an auto on/off button, making it easy to stop if you do make mistakes along the way and need to restart.

It seems to be solidly constructed, has a strong exterior body, and the LCD read out screen is also extremely responsive to finger touch when using.

• Versatility:

Worth it's Price in Gold!

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

I love Janome's and have always had great experience. This one has a pricey tag, but does almost everything I have ever asked of it. I'm primarily a quilter and sewer who embroiders on occasion, I I admit I have not tried every embroider option yet. That's the only reason this guy does not get a ten. Although I'm an experienced sewer I would not discourage a dedicated beginner from trying this out. Very easy to use, easy to put together. A gem of a machine!

Stitch Performance
          Sews easily and quickly, fabric feeds well.

Easy to set up, book is very explanatory, any one who was seriously interested in sewing could not go wrong with that.

Fabric Handling
          Has handled even quadruple layers of fabric for me on a couple occasions. So far I've used this with fleece, flannel, velvet, quilters cotton and knit fabrics with easy.

Versatility
          I can sew clothing, do basic to advanced quilting as well as embroider as needed. A real all purpose sewers machine.

In a perfect would I would have a longer throat, other throat, other than that the design is great!

Travels well (albeit not a true portable machine). I have had mine for a brief time, but it's handled every bump, grind and quilt guild meeting I've needed it to.

absolutely amazing sewing machine

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

This brand is absolutely the best and after I bought it, I have never looked back.

Stitch Performance
          I will admit, I didn't read the manual before using the machine and I have done perfectly fine; that's how easy it is. It's stitches are beyond amazing and they always make my creations look so neat and professional. Also, the speed on this thing is unbelievable and it's handy when I'm sewing a huge piece and don't want to spend 2 days on it.

Fabric Handling
          I love the fact that there is an embroidery unit built into the platform so I don't have to carry the unit around when using other machines. I absolutely love the self threader because it really helps for making quick and easy color changes. Changing fabrics has never been easier for me with this Janome sewing machine.

It's so modern and really is the epitome of 21st century with it's advanced features.

I have had mine since 2011 so for 3 years and I haven't had any problems which is really amazing because most of my other sewing machines have broken within 1-2 years so the fact that this brand has lasted this long means that the quality is super.

• Versatility:

These were offered in my fashion design class, so good!

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Computerized Sewing Machine:

I was in the third level (of four) fashion course when the class got these new machines. Compared to our prior machines, this was very high quality and made our projects a breeze -- especially with the embroidery option. There were about 15 machines with four classes of 30 students, so these machines were CONSTANTLY being used and lasted all year long with minimal accidents/jams/etc (compared to past machines).

Stitch Performance
          Prior to the school providing these machines for my class, we used very VERY old machines that got jammed up on a daily basis. Being in level 3 of the class, this was very frustrating when trying to get big projects completed. When these came in, it was like a god given gift. I think we had 4-5 jams happen the entire school year.

I'm experienced so I knew how to use this immediately, but it's probably just as easy to figure out as any other machine for a beginner.

Versatility
          I got so excited when my teacher told the class that you could also embroider with this machine! The class really got creative with this and we put on the best fashion show yet at the end of the year.

Not the best.

Actually surprised me with how easy it was

Worst instruction and button layout ever

It handled my fabric quite nice actually

Versatility

The design of this is not pleasing though, could barely find the buttons.