Other Sewing Machines:

Cons

Great Power Quilting Machine

from Bessemer, AL

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

Power horse for sewing. I have sat sewing for over 12 hours straight, taking breaks to run to the bathroom and eat only and the machine keeps going.

Stitch Performance
Stitch jams less than previous machines using the same threads. You can adjust how tight or loose the stitches are.

Even though there are hundreds of different stitches to choose from, it is easy to set up and use. It is extremely easy to thread.

Fabric Handling
Huge opening depth and width in the neck area, making easy to work on whatever project you need to. I can roll up a quilt and have it in that opening and work on binding a super king size quilt.

Versatility
It can handle working on quilts, change the needle and you can work with denim.

On board computer but not a huge computer dominated system.

I've had my system for over 4 years and it is still going strong. My mother-in-law has had her Janome for 8 years and it is still going strong. My Mother-in-law still has her first Janome from 50 years ago but doesn't use it as often because she likes the newer model, she keeps the older one for her granddaughter to use.

Janome 6600 always ready to sew

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

I love this machine. It is dependable, easy to use and does just what I need for general sewing and quilting. The one thing I really appreciate about this machine is that I rarely have to fiddle with the tension to make the stitches even. On the rare occasion that I need to make an adjustment it is simple to do and explained well in the machines manual if I do have a question. There a many stitches and it is easy to use them and then switch back to a regular stitch. The machine is heavy (it is advertised as professional therefore is heavy duty) but I rarely take it anywhere. I owned a smaller Janome before this one and still have it to take along to classes and on the rare occasion that my 6600 goes to the shop. Which is almost never and I have had the machine for several years now. The only negative I can think of is this machine does not have a stitch regulator which I have always thought would be a great thing to have. All in all though this is a workhorse of a quilting/sewing machine and I am very glad I chose it.

• Versatility:

Absolutely LOVE my Janome!!

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

I bought my Janome about 5 or 6 years ago. So I've put some miles on my machine. I love to sew. I've been sewing since I was a little girl. I'm now 58 years old. I've sewn on a LOT of machines over the years. So when I decided to buy a new machine, I did some massive reviewing, pricing, and searching. I went to the sewing machine shop that I had decided to go to and was planning on purchasing the top of the line BabyLock. I have 2 other BabyLocks, read great reviews, and felt very confident in that machine. But the gal at the shop talked me out of buying the more expensive BabyLock and going with the Janome. Now that was not an easy feat! But she couldn't even get the BabyLock to thread right without breaking the thread. It was a mess! So I said, ok, sell me on the Janome Memory Craft 6600...which I had also been looking at and was impressed with. Wow! Talk about an impressive machine!!! It was EASY to thread...and KEEP threaded! It could handle extremely thin chiffons, but push right through several layers of denim, and never a glitch! I sew clothes for my grandchildren...crank out about 75 pair of pajama pants at Christmas each year. I applique matching t-shirts. I make baby blessing dresses and suits. And yet I love to quilt. I've cranked out a LOT of quilts on this machine! I belong to a quilting club and I'm telling you, I LOVE to quilt! Up until I bought this machine I always tied my quilts. But since I've bought this machine, I NEVER tie quilts anymore. Never! My Janome sews so well and glides right through all those layers of quilts with never a glitch! One of my other absolute favorite features on it is the ability to sew without the presser foot. I've told my kids and grandkids, sewing on this machine is almost like just telling it what to do and letting it sew itself. But I can sit a grandchild on my lap, tell them to "push the green button", "push the red button" or "push the scissors button", and they are sewing! Just last night my 4 year old granddaughter asked me if she could come spend the night and would I teach her how to sew. She had helped me on Sunday to make a net slip to go under her Halloween costume. It took us 15 minutes start to finish. And she LOVED sitting on my lap, pushing all the buttons! My grandkids have all had their turns at letting Grandma teach them how to sew. Since I got this machine, they all LOVE to sew too! And my daughter, who I gave one of my BabyLocks to, will come here to sew a project on my Janome if she has a big project, or even just something that has a lot of detail. She LOVES sewing on my machine also. I give my Janome absolute top of the line ratings! And all the ladies in my quilting club make comments about my fancy machine. They too have all taken turns on it. And that is coming from a group of women that SEW!!! My Janome is considered the best one by that group of women, and that is something to stand up and listen to!

• Versatility:

The user friendly machine that does it all.

from Pleasanton, CA

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

Wonderful machine. I also have a smaller Janome, which I love and travel with. The 6600 stays in my sewing room. I do everything on it, but mostly quilting.

Stitch Performance
Excellent.

Janome is one of the most user friendly sewing machines around. One can just get right into it!

Fabric Handling
This machine has the Accufeed system - which means it will sew over many layers. The machine compensates for the thickness.

Although the "harp" is larger, there's really not quite enough room if one is quilting a large quilt. I use it anyway and make adjustments. I love the machine.

Easy to take care of and maintain.

Civilized professional-quality machine

from Beaverton, OR

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

If you are serious about garment sewing, crazy for quilting, a hard-core heavy fabric sewist, or you want to make delicate heirloom baby clothes - this machine will do it all.  Janome scored bigtime when they designed this machine - as evidenced by selling the same machine for the last five years without modifying it.

Wth a maximum speed of 1000 stitches per minute (on a straight stitch) means you'll power through long straight seams.  (The average home sewing machine stitches 600 spm.)  With adjustable speed you can slow it down for detail work - or teaching folks how to sew without scaring the heck out of them.

Janome added a feature to this machine called the Accu-Feed system - essentially a built-in walking foot that feeds both the top and bottom layer of fabric through the machine at the same rate, eliminating seam puckering on even the most slippery fabrics.

It also handles different threads with ease - including specialty decorative threads that are often more delicate.  If you like to do decorative sewing or quilt with specialty threads, you'll love the 6600.

But the best feature, in my opinion, is the HUGE throat area.  If you're a quilter - or repairing your boat cover - that extra space is like GOLD.

Be forewarned - the price of a professional-quality machine with metal gears is weight - this machine is not intended to be portable and weighs in at 27 pounds.

It comes new out of the box nicely outfitted with presser feet and accessories (including a LARGE acrylic extension table), and I look forward to sewing on mine for many years to come.  Next project - roman shades for my computer 'lair'!

Janome: extremely versatile and practically perfect.

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

This machine is excellent. You would be hard pressed to find something that it can not do. I was fortunate enough to receive this as a gift a while ago and it has gotten an extreme amount of use already. I really see this as something that will evolve with me as I age. Clothes for myself and table linens now, baby clothes and patching holes later, and maybe quilting after that. It will be something used at any age and Janome is built well enough that it will last through them all. It's very easy to learn to use the machine and each step of the way is easily explained in the booklet that comes with it. It has many different foot attachments and it's so simple to switch them out, just the push of a button. It's also very simple to change the tensions and stitches to fit whatever your sewing needs may be. It's an incredible well built sewing machine and is so user friendly that anyone could learn to use it.

Best Sewing Machine I've owned in 30 years!

from Denver, CO

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

I've owned a Janome 6600 for 8 years, prior to buying it, I owned and still have for a back up machine a New Home (now Janome) both have been the best sewing machines I ever owned and contiue to be my favorite machines to date.  I love sewing on them, as they are user friendly, and make sewing a breeze! Love my Janome!

20 years of quilting experience

from Denver, CO

Comments about Janome Memory Craft Professional Computerized Sewing Machine:

The Janome Memory Craft 6600 is an excellent machine.  Yes it is heavy and is not meant  to be portable but for the serious quilter with dedicated sewing space, it is on my must have list.  I have owned a Viking and a Bernina 150 and each of those had their own good features but my Janome has been the best.  I love the adjustable speed, all of the programmed stitches.and the ease for changing feet.  Only Pfaff has a better integrated walking foot.  I have had mine for 3 years now and it has run flawlessly.